Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.

Moving On......After the Flap

Comments

• FierceBluebird
    FierceBluebird Member Posts: 463
    edited April 2014

Back in hospital again.really scared but looks  like like it's a bad pneumonia. Keeping me prisoner while running iv antibiotics. Better than the alternative, I'll take it!

Hard to type.

Hugs

• Jeannie57
    Jeannie57 Member Posts: 1,314
    edited April 2014

Fierce, thanks for checking in but I wish you had better news!! I hope those antibiotics do a quick job on those germs. We are there with you always.

Bosom, I have two able-bodied brothers who have helped out a lot with my elderly parents. Helping the folks in other ways, like organizing, encouraging, falls to me. We all contribute in our own way. 

• Zenful
    Zenful Member Posts: 394
    edited April 2014

Thinking of you, Fierce. Hope you kick this soon and you break outta there. 

• Moviemaniac
    Moviemaniac Member Posts: 242
    edited April 2014

Sending Love and (((Hugs))) your way, Fierce!  XO

• Kat-ski
    Kat-ski Member Posts: 63
    edited April 2014

Fierce-You just fight right back and tell those germs to scat!!  Kat

• mammalou
    mammalou Member Posts: 293
    edited April 2014

hey all...  First.  Nahahi, I'm glad you are alive if it means you get a refund!  I was a CPA for 25 years before I was a teacher, so I have a lot of disdain for the IRS.  I also always vote no on more taxes!

I just got home from my appointment.  My lesion was B9, extensive sclerosing adenosis.   Yay, yay, yay!  I have to have an MRI in 6 months to make sure they actually got the correct spot.   That's reassuring. Ha, ha.  

I have been going thru this stuff for 3 months and I'm am so tired of it.  I had 3 cosmos on my ride  home. Sooo good.  Next week I'm off to San Diego to celebrate with my high school friends and I plan on celebrating!

Got a new nipple guard on the new nip and have to wear it for a month.  Tattoo for areola will be in 3 months.  My BS did a great job,  I have some Keloid scaring issues and apparently my PS has invented a treatment for this.  So, my BS went and found the PS  nurse and set me up with some of his invention. We'll see how it goes.

• nihahi
    nihahi Member Posts: 1,068
    edited April 2014

fierce.....dang nab it!!!! Stare those nasty germs in the face, tell them where they can go and we'll be hanging out with you to keep you company. Prayers and hugs, girl....prayers and hugs!

bosum...hurtful, insensitive, wrong..stupid...brainless....ignorant...I'm sure it was painful to hear that.....let our words drown out hers...No one is in a position to judge how close you are to your sons. Try to dismiss her comments as nothing to carry with you.

janet....France in springtime!!! What a wonderful thing to do. So glad you did that trip!!!!! 

mammalou...HURRAY for B9!!!!! Too funny...3 cosmos on the way home...sounds like you took the party bus!! The finish line is coming into view...hang in there! Hope you share the keloid info on here. I think there are a few veterans with keloid issues. 

bailey....aren't you trying some kind of special scar protocol???? Or maybe I'm confusing you with your twin Nerdy.

• Jeannie57
    edited April 2014

Happy dance for you, Mammalou! Yay, yay, yay!

• Morningsun1
    Morningsun1 Member Posts: 238
    edited April 2014

• Janet_M
    Janet_M Member Posts: 500
    edited April 2014

Mammalou - Yipeeeeee! Such great news! Watch out San Diego!

• nihahi
    edited April 2014

Janet...just read your latest blog, and just howled with laughter....you are the BEST writer!!!! btw...how are the eyebrows doing??Nerdy

• FierceBluebird
    edited April 2014

{{{{{Tammy!}}}  Bluebird hugs all around!  If you saw the size of this goshawful gown I'm in, there's room for everyone plus some!

• Janet_M
    edited April 2014

Nihahi - Thank you so much! That means a lot to me - especially coming from someone  who gets me.  

The eyebrows are good, by the way. The itchy red bumps disappeared on my very last day! At least I looked presentable for Jim when he picked me up at the airport. 

• nihahi
    edited April 2014

C'est bon, Janet....I bet you could have arrived home in a burlap sack and Jim would have still been happy to see you!

fierce....hoping you get home for the weekend???

bosum....actually, I think I talk TOO MUCH about myself. Thanks for asking....I'm doing very well. Tomorrow is one year out from my stage 1, and I am spending it in the mountains with an amazing friend. I can soooo relate to the fears and tears on the current diep thread, but also, often feel like a "fish out of water", in that I am so far out from my initial dx and treatment days. I stick around because I care so much about the ladies here that have bonded together, but also, because, in my early days of bc...I was totally without support from other patients. Things were done much differently back then. The only women I knew of, who were my age, both lost their fight. Not a reassuring experience, so I try to be here to offer encouragement for belief in the "future". It really does "get better"!

just have to add...good lord....it's snowing!!!!!!!

• Jeannie57
    edited April 2014

Janet, I, too, enjoy your blog and your wisdom, humor and encouragement. Missed you but I'm so glad you had such a lovely vacation! 

Nihahi, I don't think you talk to much about yourself! Far from it. I enjoy hearing about your life (snow trips, "dead" problems, apprehensions about surgery). You have definitely fulfilled your desire to be supportive to newbies and everyone, really. You have so much good common sense to share and express it so kindly.

FierceBlueBird, I hope those drugs are starting to kick in and starting to kick OUT those nasty germs. Love to hear your spirit in your posts. I know these are challenging days: we all might be too squirmy to fit in your roomy gown with you but we are nearby, always.

• FierceBluebird
    edited April 2014

Still prisoner. Gram positive sepsis and pneumonia. Probably got at last hospital. Sigh... worn out and so tired of this shirt. Some people go shopping for shirts,  My shirt come to me. If I get outta this place, I'm changing my name and going into the witness protection relocation program.

• Ridley
    Ridley Member Posts: 95
    edited April 2014

Fierce - so sorry you are still cooped up. I hope the drugs they are giving you are doing their jobs and you will be free soon.  Sneak across the border when you are able and we will hide you in Canada:)

(((Hugs)))

• Jeannie57
    edited April 2014

Oh, Fierce, sorry to hear this news. I know you are up to this challenge but it has to be wearing. No more shirt, button down or otherwise! I would be happy to hide you here. The eagles and hawks are flying overhead every day now, the thrush are singing their annoying song, the raccoons are trying to get into the rat bait stations....it's a pretty active place. We can be entertained by it together. Hugs to you all day and night!

• mammalou
    edited April 2014

bluebird... I am so thinking of you and praying it all gets better for you soon!

• FierceBluebird
    edited April 2014

<3

• nihahi
    edited April 2014

Dear fierce.....I hope the "shirt" gets permanently left behind when you are discharged from this latest "pothole". Since you are stuck inside today, I thought I'd share some outside photos from yesterday....hugggssss to you girl. 

fyi.....the last pic is the only bird pic I got...but I figured, who doesn't love the butt end of a Great Horned Owl!Nerdy

• Kat-ski
    Kat-ski Member Posts: 63
    edited April 2014

Nihahi, The pictures you post are so full of raw beauty!! 

• nihahi
    edited April 2014

I take no credit, kat-ski....it's a beautiful world. 

Question for the ladies who have already had nipple recon. I know all docs are different, but how much "padding" should I dress for tomorrow? Are we talking 4" protrusion of pads....or something much less significant???? All responses greatly appreciated.

• Morningsun1
    Morningsun1 Member Posts: 238
    edited April 2014

One great looking fipple ordered for nihahi, please. Sorry, no experience, still got the OEM ones.

• mammalou
    edited April 2014

nahahi.. Those pics were amazing.  

I came home with a nipple guard with gauze over it.  It was only a couple of layers of gauze and required nothing special to hide it.  I'm in the nipple guard for a month and it works great.  I can trust that the guard is protecting it from getting smashed and just wear a soft bra over it.  I even wear some loose  t shirts.  The discerning eye could pick out the slightly protruding nipple, but I don't think anyone really notices.

My PS had a firm plastic nipple guard for a week, the he switched to a nursing nipple guard which they just cut the end off it so it didn't squeeze it too much.

Good luck, you do great!

• Jeannie57
    edited April 2014

Nihahi, I just had several layers of gauze, no biggie. I wore a bra that was slightly too big for awhile so they wouldn't get squished.

Tomorrow is the day??? I hope everything goes well for you!

• bailey6760
    bailey6760 Member Posts: 380
    edited April 2014

hugs to Nihahi... Stage "done" tomorrow!!!!

Blue kick some germy butt honey.

I'm on drive by again. We had some wicked storms yesterday afternoon. 80 mph winds and hail. The power has been out since so we are camping. Estimated restoration is late tomorrow night. I stripped wallpaper by candlelight for a few hours last night lol!!!!

So I have to get off the data plan here (no power no wifi) but wanted to say hello and love to all! Gnite!

• Janet_M
    edited April 2014

Nihahi - Best of luck today. You're so close to being done!  I'll be thinking of you, and looking forward to hearing about the results. 

• Cherrie
    Cherrie Member Posts: 921
    edited April 2014

Nihahi- what a great day! Can't wait to hear how it went. You are so close to the finish line. Yahoo!!!!!!

• sbelizabeth
    sbelizabeth Member Posts: 956
    edited April 2014

Nihahi, stunning photos! Thanks for sharing the beauty around you! 

I have just the one fipple so far, and it was pretty anticlimactic.  Like Bailey, a couple of layers of gauze, nothing special.  I even asked my PS if there was anything I should do to NOT "smash" it, and he looked surprised and said no.  I hope we hear from you tonight, about how pleased you are with how the day went.  You're in ALL our prayers!

Bailey, HEAL!  GO HOME!  (Well, it works for my little woofers, I thought we might give it a shot for you...) 

Have a great Monday, everyone.