Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

CRAZY TOWN WAITING ROOM - TESTS coming up? All Stages Welcome.

Options

Comments

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Proud.......I too am afraid of the cracking.............I use to go, but after cancer, and 2 broken vertabrae I was afraid any twisting and excess pressure could do damage......so I turned to acupuncure...........
    Nothing wrong with Chiro.....it does make a diference, but now I am not willing to take the chance.
    When I broke my first verabrae I did it before cancer, carrying a blanket to the washer that belonged to my Boston Terrier.....I was on a hardwood floor, and the corner dropped down,....I stepped on it, and of course ice skated across the floor...........did a split in a narrow hallway, and twisted my back on the way down.................I could not move...I landed on my side, and had to roll over to my stomach, and try to get up.......I finally did, and could barely moved...........finally I was able to handle the pain enough to drive to the ER, and there was diagnosed as the Dr. said "you broke your back"...................he immediately called a Ortho dr. and made an appt............I had kyphoplasty done, and was great the next day..............so now I am afraid that if my bones were brittle before cancer..........WTH are they now......and I have since broke'n a 2nd one........clumsy broad.........LOL
  • Tomboy
    Tomboy Member Posts: 2,700
    edited August 2015
    Options

Yikes, Ducky! You are certainly a survivor! I would have been cryin'! I was just kind of kidding about asking you to let my brother stay at your shore house. I wish I could buy your shore house, I would, just for that inviting pool! Wish I was there now!

• duckyb1
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Kath....if your brother is as nice as you are............he can stay anytime............

I wish you could buy it too.........it is a nice house...I will see if I have any pictures of the inside............
  • proudtospin
    proudtospin Member Posts: 4,671
    edited August 2015
    Options

wow, , had not thought of the effects of all the meds regarding bone breaks, I think I have broken some small bones in my feet but docs have said not and only arthritis, ONLY! will se how it goes on Fri and try to avoid any cracking junk. the massaging is nice

also thinking maybe acupuncture. But the pool, plus heat and now I have an anti inflammatory that my PCD gave to me as the spine guy things I still have inflammation as I never took any after the injury. Thanks for your feedback, it is all helpful

sorry you are selling your beach house, I love Cape May and walking around, course walking not good now but still love to see all the nifty big houses

• duckyb1
    edited August 2015
    Options

imageimageimageimageimageimage

• Lucy55
    Lucy55 Member Posts: 2,703
    edited August 2015
    Options

Hi everyone..

Well.. Went back to the dentist yesterday.. They re-did my root canal.. But said they can see a crack in my tooth.. which they can't tell if it actually runs down into the roots or not.. So, long story short. I may have to end up getting the dumm tooth pulled anyway. :-(

Slow love your hubby's song.!! Could you please get him yo add a verse about " teeth, roots and canals " as well.?? 😃

Ducky.. I just love your words of wisdom.. I love how they are delivered.. often in a gentle , humorous way.. but they are always there. You are so right.. We should treasure this thread, and stick together like glue.. We really are sisters here.. God Bless Slow for starting it..because I felt totally lost when our other threads fell apart.... Ducky your house is beautiful..looks so warm and welcoming!

Tomboy.. Sorry shout your brother.. Ypu know, I think there's "one " in every family.. My nephew is ours. He's actually just turned 40.. but after years of counselling and rehab he finally has turned his life around.. met a wonderful lady .. They have set up home, and are so happy. I hope for happiness for brother, and peace of mind for your Mum , and you.

Nancy.. Hope your house sells soon for you.. I know how exhausting it is, being on the market, trying to keep everything spotless.!!

PTS..yeah..ONLY arthritis.. What a joke.!! I am thinking of trying the chiropractor and acupuncture as well.. Physio is nice while I'm there.. But doesn't seem to help much in the long run.

Sula. I so enjoy your posts.. Glad you found your way back from the outskirts of crazy town !!

Jan..Hi..Wow triplets.! We have 3 children.. 8 grand -babies.. Aged 5, 4, 3, 3, 3, 2, 1, 4 months.. It's funny games when they are all together ;-) 😃

Jackie.. HI.!!

Take Care everyone!

edited for many spelling mistakes!

• duckyb1
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Lucy........2 years after my mother died I bought the shore house...............I had to sell her house and she had a full house of furniture among other things.........so all of her things were moved out of her house and went to the shore...............so it is like getting rid of my mother.........but some pieces will be taken by my kids, and some will go to my daughter's house that she just bought at her new shore home........the dining-room set that you see is 100 years old......
    There is gogeous wateford crystal all over the place, and glassware that you could not buy today with real gold rims around the tops.........
    It is just the monumental job of emptying the house, just not ready for all this bullshit............

Truth be told I thought I would not be around for the final sale..........LOL.......who knew???
    I know Slowis entertaining her family and that is why we have not heard from her............
    Headed to the shore this weekend.......suppose to rain the entire time
    Next weekend is Chicago............already nervous about the flight...........
  • kathy7
    kathy7 Member Posts: 211
    edited August 2015
    Options

It is good Spin - so much better than drugs. You have to relax and just go with it. Trust me, and when you feel great send me a bottle of wine!

• proudtospin
    edited August 2015
    Options

Kathy, having my wine tonight in anticipation

• Lucy55
    edited August 2015
    Options

Kathy and PTS.. Could you please have a wine for me (.. Even though it's only 9.45 am here) I would love one.. but have all my annual tests in a couple of weeks.. and too scared to in case it stuffs up my LFT bloods.. 😞

Ducky.. Hope you manage to get some sunshine at the shore.!

• proudtospin
    edited August 2015
    Options

Lucy, no problem having a wine for you! hoping your blood levels turn out just where they should be

• kathy7
    kathy7 Member Posts: 211
    edited August 2015
    Options

Lucy

Consider it done! No problem whatsoever.

Cheers!

• Tomboy
    Tomboy Member Posts: 2,700
    edited August 2015
    Options

Ducky, I am really liking that couch for some reason, I don't know why, I usually don't. But sounds like you have a lot of hard work coming your way. Want me to meet you there? I could take a train, and we could get to know each other better, and, BEST PART, I could jump in that pool! I totally want to right this minute!

• duckyb1
    edited August 2015
    Options
    tomboy...you can come anytime........yes it is going to be a lot of work..........

That couch was my mothers......it was custom made,......the wood is white and gold, and the upholstery is all white and gold brocade.......it is about 65 years old...and so is the orchid color chair.......the mirror that is on the wall was moved from her home to the shore house..........

My daughter is taking the dining room set to her new shore house........and 2 of the bedroom sets.......some things are hard to part with...........but I will get through this........but your right......it is a huge undertaking........it is an entire house......I like the convenieces.......so eveything I have ikn my home in Pa.........I have in my home down the shore...so it is a lot.........love my fireplace down there it is all stone...........can't take that....wish I could........
  • JAN69
    JAN69 Member Posts: 731
    edited August 2015
    Options

Ducky, I feel a tear drop every time the topic of your shore house comes up. So sorry you have to sell and distribute the contents.

I learned (again) today that stuffing an apple turnover doesn't make me feel better! Drats, I say! So now I'm an emotional mess with a tummy full of sugar and butter. No good. I have to get up at 4:30 to leave for UCLA for my monthly eye shot. I hate these days. 5 hours each way, plus a forever wait in office. Then go back in 2 weeks to see another eye doctor. I think I'll sleep all day Friday and see if I revive.

Take care my friends, Jan

• suladog
    suladog Member Posts: 837
    edited August 2015
    Options

Jan,

Safe travels to UCLA tomorrow , see you on the flip side

• duckyb1
    edited August 2015
    Options

Hugs Jan...................do you have macular degeneration...................

• Italychick
    Italychick Member Posts: 527
    edited August 2015
    Options

totally went to crazy town last night. Washed my hair and felt a sore spot on the back of my head, panicked and was like wtf? Today during my bike ride I adjusted my glasses and realized that a pair of the glasses I use are squeezing on that area, and since I ride for two hours, they have created a sore spot there. But I can tell you, until I figured it out today, I was on the tilt a whirl ride at crazy town

• PoppyK
    PoppyK Member Posts: 1,275
    edited August 2015
    Options

Ducky, You are so right about sticking together. It means so much to me.... especially because I only have a few female relatives. So I guess I get to pick my sisters, aunts, mom and so on. Lovely furnishings. I love traditional furniture.... the wood and carving.

I'm going to be away for a while because we're going to North Carolina to visit my Daddy, his wife and my brothers. I'm leaving Friday with our boys and my DH will come out a week later. (Poor guy has to work. He took a lot of time off this past year to take care of me and our son.) We will be gone until the end of the month.

• duckyb1
    edited August 2015
    Options

Poppy.......enjoy yourself........nothing like family..........hugs..

Yes, my mother had good taste........she liked the best...........haha

• JAN69
    JAN69 Member Posts: 731
    edited August 2015
    Options

Poppy, A nice long visit with family sounds wonderful. Enjoy!

Ducky, yes macular degeneration and other assorted eye issues that I only trust eye docs at UCLA. Local big nearby city docs all seemed so unconcerned that I was quickly going blind. So those big trips..... or go blind.

Later

• suladog
    edited August 2015
    Options

Ducky,

Sticking together is a great idea also for me as I hate to even say this....my whole immediate family died within the last four years. First my younger sister in dec of 2010 we took care of her, then my mom got ovarian cancer in 12 and my husband and I took care of her, took her to chemo etc ( it's very weird when I find myself sitting in the same chair she did so I usually move. My mom died in Jan 2013 and my dad about 6 months after that. So, I have my husband and a few close friends ( but not everyone wants to hear about this stuff) my husband is one of four but his whole family is on the east coast including my SIL who's just finished her 5 yrs on Tamox.I hate to sound so pathetic but the last 4 yrs have really been hell and of course topped off by cancer again for me last year. This has been my place to go. I don't want to dwell on this with my friends in business as I don't want to be perceived as "somebody with cancer" so this site is a safe place. I know and have observed that we all disagree at times but when all is said and done we are a tribe.

• Lucy55
    edited August 2015
    Options

Sula.. Gosh so sorry.. Your last four years have been horrific.!! Don't apologise.. You don't sound pathetic at all.! ( Hugs) .. I know exactly what ypu mean about not wanting to perceived as " somebody with cancer "by others.. I want to still be ME (even though in lots of ways I am different now) .

Poppy.. Have a great time away.!

• suladog
    edited August 2015
    Options

lucy,

Thanks, I was hesitant to mention all the stuff that happened the last few years as it sounds absolutely crazy, or like "she's making this up." I'm grateful that everything else in my life has been going great, except for all the death. I was really looking forward to having a year without some sort of mental trauma, but noooooooo,

Poppy,

Have a great vacation! Post pictures

• duckyb1
    edited August 2015
    Options

Sul.............you got more then your share.........your not pathetic......yhour someone who deserves the compassion of others, and like I always say "walk a mile in my shoes, and then see if you want to keept them"..........

My point is after all the "hoop la" of cancer is over the majority of people don't understand that the fright is still there........and how many times have you heard......."What's your mood all about"........not even realizing even though you have done it all......been through it all........with that "smile" on your face, yet underneath that smile is a heart scared to death.........................cancer is not a pimple on your chin................it is ugly, tramatic, and sucks the life right out of you.................

Everyday I tell myself "I have cancer.....it does not have me".........and all I ask is for your understanding........not your pity...............

I found it here 4 years ago..............a place to go where no one says "What's your mood about".........instead I get............"I understand"............

• proudtospin
    edited August 2015
    Options

Sula, you have had way too much at one time, I do remember one bad period a while back where 4 folks in my life passed with no connection to each other, I was afraid to answer the phone. But yeah, Crazy town is a good place to hide out

I have been dealing with a dang bad back for almost a year, I went to my normal checkup with my PCD who was shocked that non of the fancy experts had given me any pain meds, DUH! anyway, she gave me several things and said try them. She knows I do not abuse junk so tried the stuff. Dang but the anti inflammatory seems to have worked nicely and needed less stretching to get out of bed. One of the fancy guys wanted to do an injection so hoping I can avoid that and stay with the little pill

• octogirl
    octogirl Member Posts: 2,434
    edited August 2015
    Options

Sala, I am so sorry to read of so much loss in your life.. basically it just sucks! I totally get the part about not wanting people to think of you as someone with cancer. I feel like it can taint their impression of my competence and availability, especially for the consulting work I do. Nor do I want them asking lots of dumb questions and pitying me. I just want to live my life!

Meanwhile, I still hang out on the edge of crazy town, waiting for all the tests wrestles to see if chemo is recommended.....

Hugs!

Octogirl

• Jackbirdie
    Jackbirdie Member Posts: 1,617
    edited August 2015
    Options

Suladog- you have in fact had way , WAY more than your share. It has never once crossed my mind that you were making it up or pathetic. What I did think was how gracious and funny you are, rising above so much loss and grief like a Phoenix.

• tangandchris
    tangandchris Member Posts: 934
    edited August 2015
    Options

I'm in crazy town now....woke up last night because of pain in my stomach. When I turned over I felt like a pull or bruise feeling in my tummy and its been bugging me all morning. When I touch it feels sore too, I cant have anything on it..it just hurts. Is it possible that this is a pulled muscle?? I have no idea how I could have pulled a muscle there. uggg whatever, I hate this crap!

• SlowDeepBreaths
    SlowDeepBreaths Member Posts: 6,702
    edited August 2015
    Options

Good Morning Crazies,

I've got to type quickly....my daughter is on her way over. I've been busy with family this week and next week. Just wanted to stop in and let you all know I'm thinking about our crazy group of wonderful women.

rleepac, thinking of you today and tomorrow. Sending best wishes for good results on your CT scan and squish-o-gram!! Please let us know how it goes.

Sula, Gentle hugs to you my friend. I'm not sure why some people get more than their fair share of loss. But you are a part of our family now. As Ducky said....we must all stick together.

octogirl, keeping fingers crossed that you won't need chemo. If you do, we will help get you through.

Tang, It's so easy to pull stuff in your tummy area. Especially when we are all falling apart!! haha I try and go with the two week rule. Big hugs to you.

PTS, so glad the anti inflam is working!!

Poppy, have a great trip!! Safe travels to you!!

Italychick, hahahahahahahahaha!!! We can all relate to that one!!

Jan, safe travels....hope all goes well for you at your appointment.

Tomboy, ツ!!

Save some of that wine for me!!!!!!

Lucy, that song is actually a song taught in school. It helps the kids learn all of their body parts. My DH said it sounds like it would also be good for all my aches and pains!! hahaha He is such a nut. We will add a verse for your tooth!! Hope you feel better soon!!

Ducky, so good to see you posting again!! I hope this weekend isn't too hard on you. Love you tons.

Katy, Susan, dsgirl, sewingnut, M0mmy, kathy, beatmom, queen, 2TA, Amy, Nancy, pennsygal, littleblueflowers, booklady, Alyson and rain.....hope you all have a wonderful, pain free day.

If anyone has tests coming up, please let us know. I try really hard to keep track, but if I've missed someone, please let me know!! It is my hope that EVERYONE feels loved and appreciated on this thread.

Love to you all, and a special wave to all the lurkers!!!!

EFT