Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

CRAZY TOWN WAITING ROOM - TESTS coming up? All Stages Welcome.

Options

Comments

• m0mmyof3
    m0mmyof3 Member Posts: 9,422
    edited June 2021
    Options

Thanks Lucy

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited July 2021
    Options

Hi Fran…so nice to meet you…yes we are a crowd…LOL…I will get back to you soon…trying to catch up…not sure why I ever left…bu then again..not sure why I do most of the things I do…and don’t do…old age I guess….LOL..hugs will talk to you soon again..

• m0mmyof3
    edited July 2021
    Options

Can I ask you all to pray for my family. Just found out a cousin from my Daddy's side was in a bad accident last week. From what I have been told this is going to be a long road for him.

• lw422
    lw422 Member Posts: 1,399
    edited July 2021
    Options

Prayers for your cousin and family, M0mmy.

• m0mmyof3
    edited July 2021
    Options

ty

• m0mmyof3
    edited July 2021
    Options

Latest on my cousin is that he is still fighting. I’m taking this as a good sign.

• Bookpusher
    Bookpusher Member Posts: 22
    edited July 2021
    Options

I can spend days in CrazyTown. I hang out in Panic City pretty often, too. So glad to find this thread. Sounds like I am in good company

Said a prayer for your cousin, mommyof2.

• octogirl
    octogirl Member Posts: 2,434
    edited July 2021
    Options

welcome bookpusher!

Prayers for your cousin, M0mmy.

I have a routine appointment with my MO next week, but even though routine it is still pushing me further into Crazytown.

Be well, all.

Octogirl

• lw422
    edited July 2021
    Options

BookPusher--when you're in Panic City, be sure to check out my favorite hangout, The Meltdown Cafe and Baitshop. (Happy hour provides free Kleenex and a side of Xanax.)

• lw422
    edited July 2021
    Options

Octogirl--good luck with that appointment next week!

• chisandy
    chisandy Member Posts: 11,294
    edited July 2021
    Options

Oh, M0mmy, you've had more than your share of heartache of late. Prayers and hugs.

Octo, I have my ocular onc appt. next Wed.--the day after my routine from a brief overnight jaunt to NYC to see a Colbert taping with my sis, whom I've not seen since Nov. 2019. She and my niece had to miss our 50th anniv. party last month because tornadoes & storms grounded all domestic flights bound for Chicago. At my last appt. the ultrasound showed my melanoma appeared to have grown by 0.2mm (the size of the period at the end of this sentence). The ocular onc said he still considers it "stable," since the scanner's accuracy fluctuates, and had I not had plaque brachytherapy it'd have grown to the point of being symptomatic. He's seeing me on a bimonthly rather than every-3-month schedule to assuage my nerves, but still....

Let's see if we can get a group discount fare for our joint trip to CrazyTown next week!

• m0mmyof3
    edited July 2021
    Options

My mom just called me with the latest on my cousin, no change since the last news I had but I’m taking this day by day.

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited July 2021
    Options

Hi Ladies…here I am again…so much going on…getting old is not kind…won’t even get into it all..hope your all doing ok…Prayers for your family Mommy..we all know what that is about…dentist tomorrow..getting 4 teeth crowned..was not a happy experience, but its getting better..going to the Jersey shore on Thursday …my son has a home there, and asked me to go..I go there a lot, but have not been there for 2 weeks…well just wanted you to know that I am still around…will keep in touch…hugs to all of you…

• m0mmyof3
    edited July 2021
    Options

The news on my cousin is a little encouraging. He is opening his eyes for a short bits of time and is shaking his head to answer questions. The hospital staff in the ICU are calling it “baby steps” but it is a bit of good news.

• chisandy
    edited July 2021
    Options

Prayers for your cousin, M0mmy, and hugs to you too, duckyb1. Dentistry is no fun--not like when we were kids and got pencils and sugar-free lollipops as rewards for not squirming during the x-rays & polishing.

• m0mmyof3
    edited August 2021
    Options

My cousin is still with us but for every positive step forward its like he falls back a couple.

• m0mmyof3
    edited August 2021
    Options

Watching Hurricane Henri very closely. They put the county in which I live in Connecticut in a Hurricane Watch early this morning. The last time a hurricane made landfall in Connecticut was Gloria in 1985. I was in Rhode Island during Gloria. Yesterday was the 30th anniversary of Hurricane Bob. I was going into my Sophmore year of high school when Bob hit. Came onshore right over the town where I lived in Rhode Island at the time. Was here in Connecticut for Hurricane Sandy too. After going through those storms, I'm not afraid of this one.

• m0mmyof3
    edited August 2021
    Options

Now in a Hurricane Warning. Looks like my county is going to be where Henri comes onshore.

• octogirl
    octogirl Member Posts: 2,434
    edited August 2021
    Options

Stay safe M0mmy!

• m0mmyof3
    edited August 2021
    Options

We are battened down and ready.

• chisandy
    edited August 2021
    Options

All you northeastern sisters, please batten down the hatches and stay safe. Henri is now predicted to make a direct hit on L.I. Getting nervous and wondering if the "I ❤️ NYC" concert can finish before the storm.

Had my booster yesterday. I know that being double-vaxed--Jan/Feb--I was probably protected against severe COVID & death, and I could likely tough out a mild case. But reports out of Israel showing that antibodies are waning 6-8 mos out, and those over 65 have been disproportionately effective, had me wondering how I could be sure that a breakthrough case would be a mild one. So I asked Walgreen's if at 70, being treated for ocular melanoma (the radiation is still doing its thing) and having asthma qualifies me for a COVID booster. When they looked at the dates on my CDC card, they said yup.

I awoke with a very sore arm, headache & 100.8F fever. Two Tylenol knocked that down to 98.6 and below. Still had the headache--realized it had been >24 hrs. with no caffeine (d'OH!). Downed a shot of espresso. Still no luck. Then I realized by 5pm I had NOTHING to eat since 9:30 last night. One egg and a piece of toast later, I'm fine.

But crushed that the I ❤️ NYC concert has been paused (now cancelled) due to lightning & thunder.

• K-Gobby
    K-Gobby Member Posts: 144
    edited August 2021
    Options

Praying for all of you. Uncle stays stable, so his body can recover. That hurricane downgrades quick. There is nothing that is for sure. But in Crazy town, our reactions can be Crazy. California here, where we finally have a day in the 70's. Mostly 90 or hotter. I have 2 infusions out of 10 done. Bing Bing!!

• m0mmyof3
    edited August 2021
    Options

Henri turned out to be a bust for western CT, the track shifted overnight. All we are getting is a little bit of wind and rain. RI and Eastern MA are getting the worst.

• chisandy
    edited August 2021
    Options

Back to my old self this a.m.--96.9F. Enjoyed a fresh full cup of pour-over coffee (as opposed to a couple Nespresso shots). That booster hit me like a ton of bricks--either I still had some good antibodies or this was the "tenfold" increase Fauci had mentioned, Went to brunch today--all was well till...effing yellowjackets again. Back indoors, but everyone was good about masking. Will likely grill tonight if we don't go to another patio restaurant.

Bummer about the concert--the performers hung out in their trailers as long as they could before the city declared it was just too wet, plus risk of lightning to allow outdoor electric amplification and continue w/o an audience. At least CNN streamed cellphone video of The Killers, in the trailer they shared with Colbert, doing an acoustic version of "Mr. Bright Side" while celebs in attendance were bopping around and singing along. Felt like we had backstage passes...if only for one song.

• celiac
    celiac Member Posts: 1,260
    edited August 2021
    Options

Glad you got your booster, Sandy. My sister was in Cape Cod and just returned to Stamford on Monday. Was worried for her, but Henri did not cause any problems. Mommy - good thing Henri did not bother you in CT, as well.

• m0mmyof3
    edited August 2021
    Options

Yeah, but we had nasty heat wave after Henri.

• chisandy
    edited August 2021
    Options

Stay safe, M0mmy (we're at the tail end of a brutal heat wave too). Ida is projected to turn northeast after plowing through MS as a Cat. 1 and hit the NYC/LI/CT area by Wed. or Thurs., dumping up to 4-5" of rain (which you guys need like a hole in the head).

• m0mmyof3
    edited September 2021
    Options

It plowed through alright. A state trooper was killed after being swept away in flood waters early yesterday morning. They found him and took him by helicopter to a shoreline hospital where he died. Rivers are pretty high here and there was some flooding. Rhode Island got hit pretty good as well.

• chisandy
    edited September 2021
    Options

My cousin in Westchester, despite being halfway up a hill, lost one of her cars and everything in her finished basement (gym, wine cellar, rec room, media room, guest room). Even if she & her neighbors had emptied their pools in advance, they'd have still overflowed. The Saw Mill R. Pky flooded nearly to the bottom of the overhead road signage. And 11 people drowned in their (illegal) basement apts. in B'klyn & Queens--the only affordable housing for immigrant essential workers.

Still no power yet in most of the French Quarter (it was restored to the Central Bus. Dist. and some hospitals), so Gordy doesn't know yet if his Apr. wedding in NOLA can go forward. No idea yet which venues may have survived to the point they can be repaired by spring.

• m0mmyof3
    edited September 2021
    Options

Yikes!

Luckily I my basement didn’t get flooded. I live in an area that to my knowledge has never flooded. Today was bright and finally with seasonal temps.