Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

CRAZY TOWN WAITING ROOM - TESTS coming up? All Stages Welcome.

Options

Comments

• octogirl
    octogirl Member Posts: 2,434
    edited November 2021
    Options

I am so sorry to hear M0mmy!

• mcbaker
    mcbaker Member Posts: 1,799
    edited November 2021
    Options

Yes. You need to give yourself an opportunity to grieve. Are you going to be able to go to the funeral?

• chisandy
    chisandy Member Posts: 11,294
    edited November 2021
    Options

(((M0mmy)), you have had so much tragedy in your life lately. Holding you in my heart.

• m0mmyof3
    m0mmyof3 Member Posts: 9,422
    edited November 2021
    Options

Ty everyone. There’s going to be no funeral, nephew is going to be cremated as per his father’s wishes due to Covid, he doesn’t want anyone to have to take a risk and travel as the family is pretty spread out.

• mcbaker
    edited November 2021
    Options

Hugs, Mommy. Maybe a small memorial display in your home?

• m0mmyof3
    edited November 2021
    Options

I have a couple pictures of him hanging up in my house. One was from my wedding when he was younger.

• mcbaker
    edited November 2021
    Options

ThumbsUp

• m0mmyof3
    edited January 2022
    Options

Yesterday’s ice storm here in Connecticut was really bad. Hubby got caught in it as he had go to work. Got to a certain point in his commute and he could go no further. He texted his boss and got told to return home. Took him 3 1/2 hours to get home.

• chisandy
    edited January 2022
    Options

M0mmy, at least that beats the 27-hour standstill on I-95 in NoVA! (Truly "no va"). On Valentine's night 1990, Bob got stuck for 7 hrs, on Lake Shore Dr. in a surprise snowstorm. It was so bad that passengers had to get out of a CTA bus and help the driver push it to the shoulder. We had a reservation at LaTour--cancelled. Took out a tenderloin roast, shook the snow off the grill lid....it got horribly overdone. The very next day we got our first cell phones.

• m0mmyof3
    edited January 2022
    Options

I hear ya Sandy. I worried the whole time my hubby was on his way home. Accidents galore!

• tangandchris
    tangandchris Member Posts: 934
    edited January 2022
    Options

Hello everyone.

I'm not sure where to post this, but I'm looking for some advice.

I was looking over some past scan results from this year and I'm feeling worried.

I've had 2 brain scans this year and thankfully no sign of mets.

But, there is mention of white matter disease, possible small vessel ischemic disease, or dylementation. The most recent scan from August mentions white matter change is greater than expected for someone my age.

I have switched MO'S a couple times this year, so I'm wondering if this got missed. It doesn't seem cancer related, so is it possible nothing was said because of that? I mean it sounds like maybe it's important? Has anyone dealt with this.....I'm gonna cross post.

Thx

• chisandy
    edited January 2022
    Options

It's usually age-related, but can also be caused (or exacerbated) by hypertension, diabetes & smoking. What it is NOT is dementia, especially Alzheimer's, which affects the gray matter. Demyelinization is deterioration of the fatty "myelin sheath" surrounding nerves--also age-related. Small-vessel ischemic disease is evidence of damage caused by blockages in the smallest blood vessels (arterioles, venules & capillaries). You might have had a TIA (transient ischemic attack, aka "mini-stroke") and not even known it. Mets would also look different from white matter disease. If you have questions or concerns, talk to your primary, your MO, or ask for a neurology consult. A lot of these things can be arrested or even reversed with lifestyle measures (diet, exercise, balance training, smoking cessation, etc.).

There are limits to "doing your own research," as "Dr. Google" has no filter nor context and can alarm you unnecessarily. Always consult a real, live doctor--preferably, one who treats you or is at least familiar with your health history. Mention any symptoms such as dizziness, balance issues, incontinence, etc. (Haven't had any? That's reassuring).

• tangandchris
    tangandchris Member Posts: 934
    edited January 2022
    Options

Thank you for your thoughtful response Chisandy!

• m0mmyof3
    edited January 2022
    Options

Keeping a wary eye on the weekend weather forecast. Looks like a classic Nor’easter is heading my way.

• chisandy
    edited January 2022
    Options

Stay warm, dry and have someone on call to shovel!

• m0mmyof3
    edited January 2022
    Options

We are ready. Got everything we need. Forecasted snow for us is 8-13 inches.

• chisandy
    edited January 2022
    Options

Yup--here by the lake, the snow will start about 1 am and we'll get over 8" by the time the "lake plume" moves to IN & MI. Tomorrow night it'll dip down to zero again. And next week, between Tues. & Thurs, the forecast is for almost 22". Oh boy. So much for breaking quarantine,

To explain: Bob & I dined out together last Wed., Fri. & Sat. Sun. morning he had a scratchy throat & runny nose (greenish), so he rapid-tested and it came up positive. I immediately tested myself: negative. We've been hunkered down since then--he did get to go out Tues. to get a sotrovimab (monoclonal antibody) infusion and pick up fried chicken. While he was out, I re-tested with a different brand: negative again. He is feeling well and has been cleared to leave "house arrest," albeit masked (even around me) for five more days, going back to work Monday (if our garage can get dug out). I re-tested again today (yet another brand), and that was negative. No point in getting PCR-tested: I'm way past the incubation period and there's no way to get to a testing center anyway.

• m0mmyof3
    edited February 2022
    Options

That “Monster Storm” only dumped about 6 inches here. All gone now. Was bummed out

• chisandy
    edited February 2022
    Options

To catch up: later on the day I posted (1/27), my throat began to feel really scratchy, so I rapid-re-tested with yet another brand (OnGo): negative. For the first time I began to entertain the possibility of a false negative, or that I had come down with a flu strain that wasn't one of the four in this season's flu vaccine. Next morning (1/28) I actually felt a bit feverish, so used the other test in the OnGo kit: still negative. By then our landscaper had cleared our snow and de-iced, and the city plowed the side streets, so I could consider driving to Immediate Care for "real" testing. Next morning (1/29) my throat felt downright sore and though my oral temp was 98.9 (almost 2 degrees higher than my usual temp on arising), my ear thermometer registered over 100 for the first time. So I went to Immediate Care to get a flu test--they said my vitals were good but my throat looked reddish, so they gave me the PCR "brain stab." You guessed it: neg. for both strains of flu but COVID+. Later that day the infectious disease doc called me to set up a treatment--my antibody titer was too high for me to be considered immunocompromised so I didn't qualify for sotrovimab. Instead, I was prescribed Paxlovid. (I drove 20 mi. out to Glenbrook Hosp.'s outpatient pharmacy, pulled up curbside, phoned, masked up, and they literally tossed the bag through my open car window).

Here I am a week later, done with Paxlovid and officially rapid-tested (FlowFlex, considered accurate) negative two days running, and "released into the General Population" a couple of days ago. All my symptoms disappeared by the evening of 1/30, but am still getting some achy thighs from the Paxlovid (which will be out of my system by tomorrow and I can resume Crestor--not to mention my blood levels of Wellbutrin are starting to rise again so my mood is returning to normal).

Meanwhile, since 1/27 we got an additional foot of snow (good ol' "Lake Effect"), most of which has evaporated.

• m0mmyof3
    edited February 2022
    Options

Yike

• chisandy
    edited February 2022
    Options

Chiberia today. Soaking rain (possible embedded thundstorms) and 50F Wednesday. Rain turns first to ice overmight and then snow....Snowmageddon-returns (at least a foot here by the lake) Thurs. and then ice cold again. Every time I marvel at how I managed to stay sane while stuck indoors for 2 months in spring 2020....I suddenly remember the snow and Arctic cold.

• mcbaker
    edited February 2022
    Options

I am stuck inside with no means of transportation, even walking. I manage to stay connected with the rest of the world on the internet, TV and telephone. And Tippy meets some of my other needs. I dress every day as if I were going out and about, and I still have church, quilting, and book-club. I see my delivery person weekly. My application to move to an apartment in the town where my sister and bil live is in the mail.

I have gotten used to this .

• m0mmyof3
    edited March 2022
    Options

Recently got word on how my nephew died back in November. Was ruled “natural causes”.

• chisandy
    edited March 2022
    Options

This redesigned site gives a whole new meaning to the term "Crazy Town."

• chisandy
    edited March 2022
    Options

This web site redesign gives a whole new meaning to the term "Crazy Town."

• m0mmyof3
    edited April 2022
    Options

This re-design is one big stink-ola

• Lucy55
    Lucy55 Member Posts: 2,703
    edited April 2022
    Options

I agree..the re-design is awful.!!!!

• Molly50
    Molly50 Member Posts: 3,008
    edited June 2022
    Options

Hi crazies. Long time no post. Just wanted to say hi.

• chisandy
    edited June 2022
    Options

Missed ya, Molly! Hope all is well.

• m0mmyof3
    edited July 2022
    Options

Hey Gang! Long time no post. Things have been super crazy and had me in a traffic jam in Crazy Town. We put our house up for sale this Spring and we are pending sale now. We almost had a house in Wisconsin last month but the sellers pulled out of the contract, so it was back to square one. We found another house that came on the market recently and we put an offer on it. Waiting to hear if it was accepted, but it looks like we were the only ones that put an offer on it. A little disappointed that its not in my home town in Wisconsin, but its only a half hour from it and still within a reasonable distance to my extended family