Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

patty

Options

Comments

• tangandchris
    tangandchris Member Posts: 934
    Options

❤❤❤❤

• Mominator
    Mominator Member Posts: 1,173
    Options

In honor of so many we have lost, most recently Patty, Mags, and my Mom, I donated blood today.

• micmel
    micmel Member Posts: 9,892
    Options

You’re beautiful.... ty much for sharing. I miss patty so much and Mags is another dagger into my heart. You’re a wonderful person Mominator.

• snickersmom
    snickersmom Member Posts: 599
    Options

Madelyn - what a lovely, thoughtful thing to do in their memory. You look fabulous!!!!

• Southernsurvivor
    Southernsurvivor Member Posts: 569
    Options

Mominator - you are so incredibly thoughtful! What a wonderful gift to honor those who have recently passed - truly a special meaning. Thank you for being so considerate and kind. Love your pic too!

Missing those who have passed and thinking of them tonight. 💕💕

• feelingfeline
    feelingfeline Member Posts: 5,145
    Options

ThumbsUp

• Kjones13
    Kjones13 Member Posts: 662
    Options

I haven’t been on here too much. It’s too hard...but reading about her obit not being published really ticks me off...my guess is that the jerk face xdh didn’t like something she wrote. I mean who leaves their wife of 20 something years when she is dying and needs you the most?!? There is a special place in hell for him

• Mominator
    Options

Kjones, hello! Nice to see you again.

Losing Patty has been very hard on all of us. 

I was very angry when XDH was leaving Patty. She had described him as "the love of her life" and suddenly he was leaving her.

However, XDH was there every morning feeding Patty breakfast and talking with her. He was very gentle to her when we were talking on the phone. He also was breaking into tears several times in our discussions. 

I think that their marriage was a casualty of cancer. I think mbc was too much for him to handle. I think he loved Patty to the very end. I think he didn't know how to deal with the cancer and went into denial. 

• aussie-cat
    aussie-cat Member Posts: 5,496
    Options

Mominator, those thoughts sound discerning of you.

• new2bc
    new2bc Member Posts: 252
    Options

Hello Everyone,

A song reminds me of Patty and her journey until the end called "Wildflower" by Skylark.

"She 's faced the hardest times you could imagine"

"sleep is the only freedom that she knows"

"the way she is always paying for a debt she never owes"

I am just wondering how many of you had a very good life and were happy in your marriage and work and still got breast cancer. I read in a book that being helpless, hopeless, desperate, and sad in your life is a prerequisite to breast cancer. Any ideas?

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 46,992
    Options

I had (and have) a very good life, a happy marriage, and a job I loved. I have never felt helpless, desperate, or sad (unless it was for a good reason) in my life. I think that book is hogwash.

• Lita57
    Lita57 Member Posts: 2,338
    Options

I had a pretty good life AFTER I moved out of my parents' dysfunctional house. I wonder how much dad's abusive alcoholism and mom's neuroses contributed to my later-in-life cancer? The experiences one has/had during one's formative years can take a toll, from what I hear, so I wouldn't be surprised if all that abuse contributed to my disease.

L

• Kjones13
    Kjones13 Member Posts: 662
    Options

mominator—I’m glad xdh showed up in the end. I’m sure he did cry...but that doesn’t get him off the hook. Not knowing how to deal with your loved ones cancer is something thousands of people go through...but thousands of people don’t cheat on their partners and leave them to fend for themselves. I hope he grieves for a very long time. I hope he has regrets. I hope he begs God for forgiveness...He is the only one who matters...for me, not knowing how to deal does not equal a free pass to cheat. I know that is not what you are saying. Cancer happens. Figure out how to deal. Suck it up buttercup! #nosympathy

• feelingfeline
    Options

Hi Newbc - I think it is definitely established that stress depresses the immune system, therefore playing a role in reducing the body's natural defences against cancer. Reducing stress is definitely a good thing. However there are small, happy children who get cancer, so it doesn't seem like it can be the cause in all cases, even though it has a role in some.

• Mominator
    Options

Dear Patty, 

Happy Halloween!!

It's been a month since you've gone home to Heaven. 

I'm sure you're watching over your family, especially your dear boys. I know they know how much you loved them. I hope they are making you proud. 

My kids love Halloween. There was a Halloween party at DS's group home on Saturday night. All the house mates dressed up. DS may go trick or treating with the mates for a little while this afternoon/early evening. At least 2 of the four house mates are autistic. DD#1 is having a Halloween party at our house for her friends, while DD#2 is going trick or treating with her friends. DD#1 is reminding DD#2 that this is her "last year" to go trick or treating because she is a senior. 

I'm playing flute this afternoon at one church for All Saints Vigil, and tomorrow at the other church for All Saints. I'm playing again on Friday, for the Commemoration of the Faithfully Departed, and Sunday again at both churches. 

And I am keeping you in my prayers.  

Love, Madelyn 

• micmel
    Options

Hi Mominator~ I think of her everyday also. She is and always will be in my heart and mind. You’re a wonderful woman. Hugging you for being you. ~M

• feelingfeline
    Options

Heart

• micmel
    Options

think of you everyday my sweet friend. I hope your boys are growing stronger everyday. You're truly missed our sweet ...PeppermintPattyimage......she only needs two more posts for 4100. I'd love to see that happen! Much love ~M~

• janky
    janky Member Posts: 478
    Options

Micmel - I too often think of Patty and her boys and wish them the very best. The upcoming holidays may be very difficult, prayers that they, and all of us, get through with love and laughter. Janky

• micmel
    Options

I hope somehow they will receive help from the community they live in and be surrounded by support and love. I think she touched many many lives here. I know she touched mine! I miss her.

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,879
    Options

New2bc "I am just wondering how many of you had a very good life and were happy in your marriage and work and still got breast cancer. I read in a book that being helpless, hopeless, desperate, and sad in your life is a prerequisite to breast cancer. Any ideas? "

New2bc that whole thought is a crock of shit

• Marchz
    Marchz Member Posts: 8
    Options

I felt very happy and healthy until the day I was diagnosed. I had just become a grandma and was looking forward to retirement! A year and a half later , surgeries for a seroma that became an abscess during radiation that required a wound vac for weeks and left a bad scar situation and followed by a ruptured appendix with hospitalization , iv antibiotics and a drain with an appendectomy 3 months by later...hoping all clear for long time! Take anastrozole every day and try To exercise and find positive vibes! But truthfully still petrified it will return 🙏help tho

• micmel
    Options

I was healthy (I thought). Stressful divorce. Stressful estrangement from family. But was happy in my marriage. The second go around. Neglected as a child. Alone a lot. Never smoked. Never drank. Constant athlete. Nothing makes sense. As to why? It's a crap shoot!

Sas~ I am very glad to see you. Was worried.

~M~

• Mominator
    Options

Hello Patty,

It's now Advent, the Season of Light.

I hope you are now in the Light of Christ. 

Thinking of you and your boys.

Madelyn 

• micmel
    Options

thinking of you Patty. As I use peppermint colored wrapping paper. I wish I could be wrapping a present for you my friend. Miss you everyday. Your cute sweet humor and friendship. The way you always asked about others. The way my inbox would glow your name, and every time. I would smile about something you would say because you’d ask about me. So kind. Unselfish woman. ~M~

• Loveroflife
    Loveroflife Member Posts: 4,243
    Options

Micmel, I agree.

• Mominator
    Options

Hello Patty,

My friend and I sang in the Festival Concert last night. The donations are being given to a local family that has fallen on hard times.

There was a big jar of peppermint candy 🍭 to soothe singers’ throats. I thought of you. I hope you could hear our concert upstairs.

Miss you 😘 my sweetheart.

Love 💗

Madelyn

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 46,992
    Options

Heart

• micmel
    Options

just beautiful you are Mom. ! I love her too! We all do! Chevy? You doingok?

• feelingfeline
    Options

ThumbsUp