Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

CALLING ALL ARTISTS- Lets make an art gallery!

Comments

• CaliKelly
    CaliKelly Member Posts: 198
    edited November 2018

So difficult for me too,to make something look 3 dimensional. Its why i took up sculpting. I can make the clay do what i want it to! Can't make the paint do it. Love to see more from you Ninja.Heres a work in progress,for an art show in summer. It's Tree of Life #2. Going to be a mirror frame when finished

imageimage

• melissadallas
    melissadallas Member Posts: 929
    edited November 2018

Hope I get some time to sew this weekend. I’ve started working on this quilt. The blocks are huge.

• mcbaker
    mcbaker Member Posts: 1,833
    edited November 2018

Very pretty quilt, Melissa. Those blocks are more complicated and probably more frustrating than I would care to do. It will be treasured.

• CaliKelly
    edited November 2018

Lot of work! Looks complicated and very pretty! Is it therapeutic to concentrate on that intricate work? I love putting my ear buds in with some fun music and getting lost in my art Happy Thanksgiving to all you artisans😃

• aussie-cat
    aussie-cat Member Posts: 5,502
    edited November 2018

Ninja, I looked at your website. Your sketches and paintings are amazing and so full of emotion!! I'm sorry about you losing your Mom too early.

CaliKelly, your sculpture mirror frame is very engaging. You are very talented!!

• sm627
    sm627 Member Posts: 142
    edited November 2018

My MX scar inspired me to paint this hummingbird. I took a picture of my scar 2 months after my surgery and part of it looked like the head and peek of a bird. I decided to paint a hummingbird in honor of my grandmother(hummingbirds were her favorite) she died 2 weeks after my mastectomy. The colors of the hummingbird represent the healing process of my scar throughout the year. I am thankful to my breast surgeon for giving me a scar that will help me remember my grandmother and all the love she gave me.

Hugs and Love to all.

MX scar:

Hummingbird painting:

• aussie-cat
    edited November 2018

sm627, that is a beautiful painting of a hummingbird and I love the colours!! I'm sorry about you losing your grandmother but it's great to be reminded of her love for you.

• vampeyes
    vampeyes Member Posts: 523
    edited November 2018

Ladies you all have some major talent, just beautiful work being done! Love seeing it.

• pingpong1953
    pingpong1953 Member Posts: 277
    edited November 2018

Here are some of my dolls that I make to sell at craft shows. The ballerinas are about 16 inches tall.image

• pingpong1953
    edited November 2018

imageHere's one of my Christmas cards. I have a variety of cutting dies that let me go a bit 3-D with them.

• pingpong1953
    edited November 2018

imageAnother card where I used some foil paper.

• pingpong1953
    edited November 2018

A bit of pottery.image

• pingpong1953
    edited November 2018

imageMagnets made in the pottery studio.

• wised
    wised Member Posts: 184
    edited November 2018

Sm627… the symbolism and artwork are stunning. What medium did you use?

• CaliKelly
    edited November 2018

Sm627, A beautiful painting and A beautiful story. Thank you 💖

• leftduetostupidmods
    leftduetostupidmods Member Posts: 346
    edited November 2018

I work on lots of things, painting (oil, watercolor and ink), computer graphics, sculpting, jewelry, faux gemstones, etc.. I also have started a Youtube channel last year on May 4th (nerd here) where I share my knowledge of polymer clay (and not only). The channel is Kalyana Design Tutorials. All the pictures I'm posting below, I teach people how to do on my channel I have well over 500 tutorials out. And my channel is not monetized, so no worries about being stuck watching ads lol

Faux bumblebee jasper made with polymer clay

"Glass" autumn leaves ear rings (epoxie resin)

Faux Tiger's eye in faux silver/bronze setting pendant

Pumpkin cane (polymer clay)

Faux cinnabar jewelry box

Remembrance poppy brooch for Veteran's Day

Special effects mixed media on polymer clay pendant

Faux tiger's eye and faux marra mamba cabochons in a faux antique silver necklace

Faux Pieterside, Tiger's Eye and Marra Mamba cabochons

Faux copper pendant/necklace

Tribal necklace

"Dragonscale" necklace

Tribal motifs bracelet

Earrings

Another special mixed media effects on polymer clay necklace

• sm627
    edited November 2018

Thank you for your comments Aussie cat, Dwiseley and Calikelly.

I used chalk pastel to paint the hummingbird.

What kind of art do you like to do?

Hugs

• pingpong1953
    edited November 2018

Those are made from polymer clay? How to you get the glossy finish?

• NinjaAw
    NinjaAw Member Posts: 6
    edited November 2018

seachain your jewelry are gorgeous! Seem really one of a kind.

ThumbsUp

• CaliKelly
    edited November 2018

Seachain, that jewelry is outstanding! Where can we buy it?

• aussie-cat
    edited November 2018

sm627, thank you for your question. I like to draw, paint and do cross stitch but I haven't done any lately. I've been too busy to find pictures to post here but I'd like to post some so long as they don't have to be recent.

• wised
    edited November 2018

Aussie cat, I would like to see them. I like to spin, knit, and weave. The pics I posted were all older projects.

• wised
    edited November 2018

Seachain, your jewelry is gorgeous.

• leftduetostupidmods
    leftduetostupidmods Member Posts: 346
    edited November 2018

Thank you, ladies! The links to my website are listed on my youtube channel, that is where my online store is too. I don't have everything listed yet. For me it's a permanent struggle. The BC treatment left me with a lot of disabilities but the worse is fatigue. I'm always behind in my schedule.

My channel targets pretty much 50+ years old, with health issues. Creating helps so much with our emotional well-being! And even if I struggle, the messages I get from ladies who were fighting depression due to their various health issues, and got out of it being inspired by what I do is enough to keep me going.

pingpong, it depends. If I don't have any surface treatment on the piece (like paints, mica powder,etc.) I simply sand and buff using my dremel and mini buffing wheels. If I do have stuff that might come off, a varnish, glazeor resin. I have tutorials on that too, and each tutorial has info on how to finish the piece.

• feelingfeline
    feelingfeline Member Posts: 5,145
    edited November 2018

Oh my goodness I just love the blues, greens and browns in the very last pieces (polymer clay necklace) It makes me think of planet earth, the colours are the colours of water, of plants and algae and the red brown of earth.- magical.

• aussie-cat
    edited November 2018

DWiseley, thank you for saying you would like to see a few of my pieces. Here are 3 of my cross stitches, done some years ago. I hope you all enjoy them and I can get the size right.

imageimage

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,925
    edited November 2018

I'm impressed with your cross stitch. I tried it once and nearly went blind doing a design on a guest towel. I had to switch to needlepoint with easier to see holes.

• aussie-cat
    edited November 2018

Wren44, thanks!! I do find it much harder to see to do cross stitch than I did in my 20s and 30s.

• wised
    edited November 2018

Aussie cat those are wonderful! You worked on some fine aida cloth. I tried counted cross decades ago and found it to be really hard. Kudos!

• sm627
    edited November 2018

Aussie cat,

Wow these are amazingly gorgeous. I love the colors they bring out such beauty. You are very talented. Thank you so much for sharing your art with us.

Hugs