Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

CALLING ALL ARTISTS- Lets make an art gallery!

Comments

• aussie-cat
    aussie-cat Member Posts: 5,502
    edited October 2018

Enerva, well done on making all those little decorations and bears!! They are so cute and each have a personality of their own.

Smile

• moonflwr912
    moonflwr912 Member Posts: 5,938
    edited October 2018

lovely snd fun crochet! And absolutly beautiful mosaic table! Im in awe of the talent here!

• Astrid
    Astrid Member Posts: 1,033
    edited October 2018

oh me too Moonflower.

Enerva...so very sweet! And fine artistry in your animal friends too.

Rachelcarter...

Your mosaic table is stunning! Congratulations.

• LoveMyVizsla
    LoveMyVizsla Member Posts: 526
    edited October 2018

so cute, Enerva!

A moment of zen for you....

• CaliKelly
    CaliKelly Member Posts: 198
    edited October 2018

My artwork is ceramic clay, acrylic paintings, mixed media. I use bright colors, metallic, resin, really whatever pops into my imagination. I love sculpting, feeling the clay become what I envision. Mirrors and clocks a new thing I've been doing. Ive just gotten back into it after my almost 3 year adventure with cancer! Feels great to be at it again!image

imageimage

imageimage

• Parrynd1
    Parrynd1 Member Posts: 343
    edited October 2018

All are acrylic on tile. Painting these has become my therapy. Only down side is they are taking over the house and I’m running out of space to store them all, haha.Hope you enjoy 😊

• Amica
    Amica Member Posts: 237
    edited October 2018

CaliKelly - I love the sort of tropical exuberance and color of your pieces!

Parrynd1 - I love those tiles, the fluidity and movement in them. Are they glass tiles?

• Parrynd1
    edited October 2018

Amic, they are porcelain and ceramic tiles. Thanks for the compliment! I glad you like them :) Depending on the paint I choose and how I mix it you see different layers of matte or gloss and textures the camera doesn’t capture - it makes them look flat.

• feelingfeline
    feelingfeline Member Posts: 5,145
    edited October 2018

CaliKelly love that mermaid. I imagine mermaids don't ever get breast cancer Winking.

'Vibrant' was the adjective that came to straight to mind when I was looking at your beautiful work.

• goodprognosis
    goodprognosis Member Posts: 195
    edited October 2018

Just lovely, so talented

CaliKelly and Parrynd1 and all you other talented artiest here. Love the colours.

GP

• CaliKelly
    edited October 2018

To parrynd1 Just beautiful! I love the effect, so original. Do you use special effects paints? I've been wanting to experiment with them. It is frustrating,when the camera doesn't show texture and dimension. I love your work!

• CaliKelly
    edited October 2018

Just beautiful! I love the effect, so original. Do you use special effects paints? I've been wanting to experiment with them. It is frustrating,when the camera doesn't show texture and dimension. I love your work! To Parrynd1

• CaliKelly
    edited October 2018

Just beautiful! I love the effect, so original. Do you use special effects paints? I've been wanting to experiment with them. It is frustrating,when the camera doesn't show texture and dimension. I love your work! To Parrynd1, Thank you to everyone for all the compliments! I love color, so my work reflects that , I live at the beach, so like a beachy tropical feel.

• CaliKelly
    edited October 2018

Sorry for the multiple posts! Just getting the hang of this😁

• CaliKelly
    edited October 2018

imageSome more examples of my clay sculpting, imageand painting, horses a favorite theme also

• Parrynd1
    edited October 2018

CaliKelly, I do! I use metallic, satin, matte, and gloss. Depending on how thin or thick you mix the paint and layer on the tile or canvas gives different effects. It’s frustrating and mesmerizing at the same time, haha. It’s not too hard to get into if you search youtube for fluid acrylic painting. I use the $1.50 paints with a medium so it doesn’t have to be expensive. It’s a lot of fun!

So much talent and beautiful artwork on here! Glad I found this thread. It’s great to see what everyone does creatively.

• CaliKelly
    edited October 2018

I am glad too, love to see what others are doing. I saw some examples of those techniques at a local art supply store and I was going to try it, but then b.c. Interrupted my life temporarily, now I'm getting back into it. Definitely want to try that, I'm wanting to make something ocean-y that technique is perfect! Keep the Art coming , ladies so great! We're a talented bunch of warriors😉

• vampeyes
    vampeyes Member Posts: 523
    edited October 2018

Wow! There are a lot of talented artists on the forum! How the heck have I missed this thread?? So many beautiful and adorable crafts.

I just finished a Harry Potter quilt top and it was suggested I share it here. Sooooo here it is.

• feelingfeline
    feelingfeline Member Posts: 5,145
    edited October 2018

ThumbsUp I solemnly swear that you are up to a very good quilt indeed!

What a fab quilt, hopefully going to make someone very happy!

• Egads007
    Egads007 Member Posts: 474
    edited October 2018

Vamp - I wish I had a teensy bit of the talent that you and the other artists on this thread have...As is,I can’t even draw a straight line with a ruler! :))

Beautifully done!

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,925
    edited October 2018

That quilt is a winner! Thanks for posting. I'm glad you found the thread.

• rachelcarter35
    rachelcarter35 Member Posts: 256
    edited October 2018

Wren44 no pun intended?

• vampeyes
    edited October 2018

Thank you feeling feline - I think/hope she is going to love it.

Egads - your creativity lies in your ability to write and you do it so well! That's a form of art too. :)

Wren - Thank you. Lol @ the unintentional pun.

Anyone here tried Diamond Dotz or Diamond Painting?

Today I was in a shop where the owner carves out eggs to make these:

• Astrid
    Astrid Member Posts: 1,033
    edited October 2018

vampeyes, I absolutely love your quilt. So much care and talent there. Wow!

• wised
    wised Member Posts: 184
    edited October 2018

Hand spinner, Weaver, knitter. image

• CaliKelly
    edited November 2018

Wow, very professional! Beautiful!

• vampeyes
    edited November 2018

Thank you Astrid! xxx

DWiseley - lot's of talent and patience in your works of art!

• Enerva
    Enerva Member Posts: 2,985
    edited November 2018

wow so many beautiful arts here

Thank you all for sharing. I also paint but haven't done any in a long time. Here is the latest crochet cute hedgehog lol

• CaliKelly
    edited November 2018

So cute! Those would be greast gifts for kiddos, they'd LOVE them! Here's my new theme, ceramic sculpted mirror, I call Tree of Life. Am going to make variations on this theme for Summer Art show, honoring Breast cancer survivors, donate part of proceeds. Sold this already! Back to work! This will be my first show since Breast cancer diagnosis, have to get going😲

• Enerva
    Enerva Member Posts: 2,985
    edited November 2018

calykelly that is beautiful ThumbsUp