Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

CALLING ALL ARTISTS- Lets make an art gallery!

Comments

• vampeyes
    vampeyes Member Posts: 523
    edited November 2018

That's very cool and lovely Micmel!

• CaliKelly
    CaliKelly Member Posts: 198
    edited November 2018

I really love that idea! Why just for b.c. month? Seems like a good money raising idea for b.c. charities, auction or sell them. Hmmm... I may have just come up with another great idea!🤔Feedback? That is really neat, Micmel. And to all you ladies who knit or crochet, I really admire your ability and patience! I tried it, and was all butterfingers 😄

• Enerva
    Enerva Member Posts: 2,985
    edited November 2018

hi ladies here is my latest cute creation lol

I am having fun

• CaliKelly
    edited November 2018

No way Enerva, that is too cute! Do you have a little one who will love that? So cute😄

• micmel
    micmel Member Posts: 10,051
    edited November 2018

absolutely adorable ! I love it!

• LoveMyVizsla
    LoveMyVizsla Member Posts: 526
    edited November 2018

Cute, Enerva!

Your art would make a great tattoo, Kylie!

Pretty creation, Micmel

I'm knitting a shawl right now, not a Lacey one, more of a thick scarf. I'll try to remember to post it when I'm done. Here's a recent photo I made. These are snow geese that migrate from Russia to spend the winter on our local farmlands.

• CaliKelly
    edited November 2018

Phenomenal photograph! Looks professional, should be in a gallery for sure.

• vampeyes
    edited November 2018

LOVE - Wow! That photo is stunning!

Enerva - absolutely adorable!

Such talented peeps on here!

• wised
    wised Member Posts: 184
    edited November 2018

Oh, Enerva that is so cute! Love the details!

Lovemyvizla, love your photography.

I am knitting some towels for Christmas presents, but waiting on a yarn order from Webs to start a heavier weight shawl.

• rachelcarter35
    rachelcarter35 Member Posts: 256
    edited November 2018

At first glance the photo looks like an abstract landscape. Gorgeous

• pink_is_my_colour
    pink_is_my_colour Member Posts: 265
    edited November 2018

I was given these two ceramic beauties as a gift. But I’m struggling with how to paint them. Does anyone have any experience with what kind of paint I can use? I’m having that “blank canvas fear”. They’re called Fifi and Ifif. image

• micmel
    micmel Member Posts: 10,051
    edited November 2018

any ceramic paint or craft store would have several types of choices. Michael’s or Joanns fabric etc.. hobby lobby Or you could order online and have it sent to your door. Google “Ceramic paints “ when you get to amazon.com. They will show you every possible color. I think a non oil base paint would stick best. They are lovely! Can’t wait to see it!

• pink_is_my_colour
    edited November 2018

I have lots of acrylic paint for art journaling but will have to check if they’re good for ceramics. Thanks for the advice. The instructions that came with them said to use a brown stain. Sounds awful to me because I like bright lively colours. I trip to Michaels is always a fun time.

• mcbaker
    mcbaker Member Posts: 1,833
    edited November 2018

Since they are poodles, some canine stylists have been coloring them in mists of fanciful colors. Base coat a cream, then turquoise or magenta on fluffy parts. Could be a fun project.

• CaliKelly
    edited November 2018

Oh yeah, brown is dull! Michael's and Joann s have paints specific for ceramics, glossy, like a glaze full range of colors, even metallic.

• feelingfeline
    feelingfeline Member Posts: 5,145
    edited November 2018

ThumbsUpThumbsUpThumbsUp The receding pastel shades in the migration photo!

Enerva I want a mousikins!!

• feelingfeline
    feelingfeline Member Posts: 5,145
    edited November 2018

Hi Pink, if you are nervous about painting the eye with a small brush, to get nice accurate detail in the eyes you can use something like a sharpie (black) but leaving a white circle, half circle or "catchlight" and when dry, varnish the eye (even clear nail varnish). I found some online that looks very like yours and you can see how nice it can be to get shiny eyes with a bit of detail left white.

Best of Luck with your project, I am sure you will make some lovely poodle pals!

• vampeyes
    edited November 2018

Pink I found this information about making the fur look "real":

Drybrushing is a technique where the painter wants the details of the molded item to stand out, such as fur on a wolf. First, the piece is wetbrushed one color such as black or walnut. Then the color of the fur or other detail is added by putting some paint on the brush and wiping off most of it on an old towel. The paint is then brushed across the grain of the piece, leaving the black in the crevices and the color of the fur standing out. Other colors are applied also across the grain, blending highlights, such as white or yellow, with the original fur color. After the piece is done, it is sprayed with either a matte or gloss sealer to protect the paint from rubbing off.

Here is a link to some YouTube videos on how to techniques. :) /videos

• pink_is_my_colour
    edited November 2018

Great ideas. Thanks for the info.

• AMLmom51
    AMLmom51 Member Posts: 23
    edited November 2018

I just found this thread. I love it! What inspiration! Enerva - there's nothing cuter than those hedgehogs! Everyone is so talented! Someone mentioned in their post that it's frustrating people not actually making use of the quilts that they are gifted. I learned that lesson. When my sons were babies I received a beautifully made crib set; and yes, of course, I never used it because I didn't want it to get dirty. Ughhh!

Does anyone do any cardmaking or scrapbooking?

• pingpong1953
    pingpong1953 Member Posts: 277
    edited November 2018

I make cards, but I don't have a very interesting life so any scrapbook I would make would be really boring. I make the cards to sell, and I also make dolls and stuffed animals, tote bags, beaded jewelry, plus I do pottery. I have a variety of "talents"!

• CaliKelly
    edited November 2018

We'd love to see pictures!

• AMLmom51
    AMLmom51 Member Posts: 23
    edited November 2018

PingPong1953, LOL! My life isn't that interesting either! I usually just scrapbook my vacations. My sons are older now. I believe I'm pretty good at scrapbooking, or as I like to call "memory keeping". I think journaling is important along with the photos. I do love cardmaking, however it takes me forever to get a card idea. I'm not that creative. I love buying pottery! I have never tried it. I started a bit with jewelry. At this point I have only done a few wallet charms/keychains. I would love to see some of your work!

• moonflwr912
    moonflwr912 Member Posts: 5,938
    edited November 2018

wow! Such talent! I love seeing what people make.

• NinjaAw
    NinjaAw Member Posts: 6
    edited August 2019

Hello everyone. I hope it's still not too late to post here. I am a color blind watercolor and oil artist from Canada. My latest works are inspired by our family's BRCA journey and dedicated to my mom who left us too soon. Please take a look here: https://www.behance.net/suzanneorlov

Here is the example of work:

Thank you!Heart

• wised
    wised Member Posts: 184
    edited November 2018

Ninja, that is amazing work. I've never seen watercolor done like this! Thanks for sharing.

• mcbaker
    mcbaker Member Posts: 1,833
    edited November 2018

What a wonderfully sparing use of color. Some of the greatest artists had vision problems of one kind or another. Fully expressed the desolation of a too-young death in a family.

• CaliKelly
    edited November 2018

Wow, that is outstanding,ninja I got goosebumps☺💖

• NinjaAw
    NinjaAw Member Posts: 6
    edited August 2019

Thank you for your kind words DWiseley , MCBaker , CaliKelly

I like everyone's work in the thread so much. MCBaker your quilts are truly gorgeous.

ThumbsUp

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,925
    edited November 2018

NinjaAw, Absolutely magnificent! You've really got the highlights and shadows down! That's really difficult for me.