Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Light from around the world for LongTermSurvivor/Stephanie

Options

Comments

• jensgotthis
    jensgotthis Member Posts: 671
    Options

Having walked this road as long as you have, I so appreciate the wisdom you have shared about the disease, how to love, how to live, and how all of these things fit together. Much love to you, and even more peace

• cure-ious
    cure-ious Member Posts: 2,745
    Options

Goodbye and Godspeed, Stephanie!!!

None of us ever wanted to be here, but the extraordinary time you were given, to examine the meaning and value of life, gave you some profound insights, and has enriched all of us.

• Lucy55
    Lucy55 Member Posts: 2,703
    Options

Stephanie ..Sending Love , Hugs and Prayers ..You are an amazing , much loved lady x

• minustwo
    minustwo Member Posts: 13,107
    Options

Thanks for your life and all that you've shared. Holding you in the light.

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    Options

May your journey be peaceful and painless. Gentle hugs and prayers are coming your way.

• dlb823
    dlb823 Member Posts: 2,701
    Options

Stephanie, in spite of your note about slowing down and letting others follow this thread for you, it's very hard to believe you won't pop back on tonight or tomorrow or in the coming days. But if you don't, thank you for staying with us for as long as you have. I so clearly remember one of your first posts -- so genuine and open to wanting to know how the discussion groups worked. I will miss you terribly, dear friend, but I want what's best for you so will join you and those here in praying that you make your transition on November 2, as you so wish. Your spirit will always be with us! Deanna

• Artista928
    Artista928 Member Posts: 1,458
    Options

You will be missed by so many. While I'm very sad it's coming soon, I know you need to be released from that hell and fly free. I pray Nov 2 will be your time as you wish. Thank you for being you. With much loving kindness, God bless you and hold you close, XO--- Shonta

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,001
    Options

When peace like a river, attendeth my way,
    When sorrows like sea billows roll
    Whatever my lot, thou hast taught me to say
    It is well, it is well, with my soul.

• Rosevalley
    Rosevalley Member Posts: 1,664
    Options

Thank you! May you get your transition day of release. Lots of love and may peace be with you. Leave your body on the shore and fly free.

love rosevalley

• Wicked
    Wicked Member Posts: 27
    Options

So grateful for your lovely writings, Stephanie. God's peace and godspeed to you.

• AnimalCrackers
    AnimalCrackers Member Posts: 542
    Options

Thank you for sharing yourself with us. You've made an impact. We love and respect you. May your spirit soar and fly free.

Cathy

• Kattysmith
    Kattysmith Member Posts: 688
    Options

Stephanie, I've just met you only to find out that you are leaving. Thank you for your private message; I will cherish our brief contact. May your body rest, may your suffering end, may your memory be for a blessing. May your gifts be multiplied a hundredfold. May you be wrapped in a spangled veil of stars for all eternity. Peace.

• Stephanie - thank you so much for all your advice, support and sensible words. Your posts certainly helped me navigate this new and uncertain mbc world. May your transition be a peaceful one filled with warmth, love and light. Gentle hugs and warmest wishes, judy

• chisandy
    chisandy Member Posts: 11,304
    Options

Stephanie, thank you for all the light & love you have given us—may your transition be as and when you wish, through that ever-thinning veil.

• Noni
    Noni Member Posts: 74
    Options

Stephanie, you've always given such wise advice and healing words. I'm better for having known you.

My family relies on humor to help during challenging times. My daughter posted this a while back and it always make me laugh. One, because it's clever and funny and two because *she* thinks it's funny. I hope it bring a smile to your beautiful face.

Hugs and prayers for a peaceful transition.

• Longtermsurvivor
    Longtermsurvivor Member Posts: 738
    Options

To be clear, I am a warrior for peace, love and understanding and have never fought against death, cancer or life's twists and turns. I am a lifetime pacifist and expect to die one.

Thank you for not wishing another miracle recovery for me. I've already experienced uncountable, unfathomable miracles. Now a miracle will be the release called death!

Thank you for understanding and for wishing my fulfillment!

I'm grateful to put my years of cancer/life experience to good use in this group. And love being accepted into your hearts and lives. Thank you!

There's always time for one more poem, Stephanie

Testament

And now to the Abyss I pass
    Of that Unfathomable Grass...

Dear relatives and friends, when my last breath
    Grows large and free in air, don't call it death --
    A word to enrich the undertaker and inspire
    His surly art of imitating life; conspire
    Against him. Say that my body cannot now
    Be improved upon; it has no fault to show
    To the sly cosmetician. Say that my flesh
    Has a perfect compliance with the grass
    Truer than any it could have striven for.
    You will recognize the earth in me, as before
    I wished to know it in myself: my earth
    That has been my care and faithful charge from birth,
    And toward which all my sorrows were surely bound,
    And all my hopes. Say that I have found
    A good solution, and am on my way
    To the roots. And say I have left my native clay
    At last, to be a traveler; that too will be so.
    Traveler to where? Say you don't know.

But do not let your ignorance
    Of my spirit's whereabouts dismay
    You, or overwhelm your thoughts.
    Be careful not to say
    Anything too final. Whatever
    Is unsure is possible, and life is bigger
    Than flesh. Beyond reach of thought
    Let imagination figure

Your hope. That will be generous
    To me and to yourselves. Why settle
    For some know-it-all's despair
    When the dead may dance to the fiddle

Hereafter, for all anybody knows?
    And remember that the Heavenly soil
    Need not be too rich to please
    One who was happy in Port Royal.

I may be already heading back,
    A new and better man, toward
    That town. The thought's unreasonable,
    But so is life, thank the Lord!

So treat me, even dead,
    As a man who has a place
    To go, and something to do.
    Don't muck up my face
    With wax and powder and rouge
    As one would prettify
    An unalterable fact
    To give bitterness the lie.

Admit the native earth
    My body is and will be,
    Admit its freedom and
    Its changeability.

Dress me in the clothes
    I wore in the day's round.
    Lay me in a wooden box.
    Put the box in the ground.

Beneath this stone a Berry is planted
    In his home land, as he wanted.
    He has come to the gathering of his kin,
    Among whom some were worthy men,

Farmers mostly, who lived by hand,
    But one was a cobbler from Ireland,

Another played the eternal fool
    By riding on a circus mule

To be remembered in grateful laughter
    Longer than the rest. After

Doing that they had to do
    They are at ease here. Let all of you

Who yet for pain find force and voice
    Look on their peace, and rejoice.

- Wendell Berry

xxx

PoetryLovers mailing list
    PoetryLovers@lists.sonic.net
    https://lists.sonic.net/mailman/listinfo/poetrylovers

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,001
    Options

• Zoziana
    Zoziana Member Posts: 102
    Options

• gmmiph
    gmmiph Member Posts: 662
    Options

"That though the radiance which was once so bright be now forever taken from my sight. Though nothing can bring back the hour of splendor in the grass, glory in the flower. We will grieve not, rather find strength in what remains behind."– William Wordsworth

• JustJean
    JustJean Member Posts: 170
    Options

Oh, Stephanie... being, at heart, a pacifist myself, I hear you. I hear you! I am sure you have positively touched the lives of many more people on these boards than you know of. I am honored to have "met" you here.

May the road be gentle under your feet.

And may I also say a thank you to a group of people I do not know - your friends and caregivers helping you through this transition. They obviously love you so very much.

JJ

• ssinuk
    ssinuk Member Posts: 63
    Options

• ssinuk
    ssinuk Member Posts: 63
    Options
  • Mel26
    Mel26 Member Posts: 39
    Options

Stephanie, you are such an extraordinary and beautiful soul. I will read and re-read your posts until it is my time to transition. I will rejoice in your passing because you will finally be free.

Thanks for all you have given us. I am hoping you have a great sense of fullfillment for the immense gifts you have given to so many.

God bless you!

Love and gratitude, Melanie

• AZ85048
    AZ85048 Member Posts: 1,467
    Options

Dear Stephanie – Your work here is nearly done and you've left behind not only an incredible legacy of strength and lovingkindness, but a legion of kindred spirits.

You'll live on through your words long after you've broken free from your earthly body, and thus help those who will follow after you.

You've taught us all so much with your wit, compassion, courage, and honesty. Everyone who has read even one of your posts will always remember you. Fly free and know that you leave a piece of yourself in each of us.

• Mominator
    Mominator Member Posts: 1,173
    Options

Stephanie, thinking of you as you near your transition. I'm very grateful for our time together, for all your wisdom of your bco posts, blog posts, links, and private messages. I thank the many caregivers who have helped you these many months. I pray that your transition is gentle and soon. Holding you gently, love, Madelyn

The Ship

What is dying
    I am standing on the seashore, a ship sails in the morning breeze and starts for the ocean.
    She is an object of beauty and I stand watching her till at last she fades on the horizon and someone at my side says: "She is gone."
    Gone!
    Where
    Gone from my sight that is all.
    She is just as large in the masts, hull and spars as she was when I saw her, and just as able to bear her load of living freight to its destination.
    The diminished size and total loss of sight is in me, not in her, and just at the moment when someone at my side says,
    "She is gone"
    there are others who are watching her coming, and other voices take up a glad shout:
    "There she comes!"
    and that is dying.

Bishop Brent

• Kattysmith
    Kattysmith Member Posts: 688
    Options

For everyone.

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    Options

• Rosevalley
    Rosevalley Member Posts: 1,664
    Options

Today is November 2nd and I hope you get your wings like you wanted. Fly free from cancerland and be joyful. We will miss you but know a sweet release awaits and freedom from pain.

(((Hugs))) love to you!

rosevalley

• JustJean
    JustJean Member Posts: 170
    Options

Stephanie, if anyone deserves to get her wings and fly free today, it is you.

You are large in my thoughts today.

JJ

• mab60
    mab60 Member Posts: 365
    Options

Stephanie,

You have been on my mind all day. Love you!

Mary Anne