Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Light from around the world for LongTermSurvivor/Stephanie

Options

Comments

• Rosevalley
    Rosevalley Member Posts: 1,664
    Options

Stephanie great peace be with you!! Hugs.

• AnimalCrackers
    AnimalCrackers Member Posts: 542
    Options

peace and love be with you dear Stephanie...

• elainetherese
    elainetherese Member Posts: 1,627
    Options

Stephanie,

Hope you float gently off into the good night..... Wishing you peace and love!

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,001
    Options

Heart

• jwoo
    jwoo Member Posts: 931
    Options

peace and so much love to you and your loved ones. I hope your transition is smooth and soft. Safe travels to you

• PattyPeppermint
    PattyPeppermint Member Posts: 8,950
    Options

thinkubg of you stephanie. Hoping the transition is peacefully during sleep. Much love th o you.

• Mominator
    Mominator Member Posts: 1,173
    Options

Since Stephanie signed off BCO, I'm reposting the most recent post from Stephanie's blog:

zone

Posted by Stephanie on

All will be well and all will be well and every kind of thing shall be well.” (Julian of Norwich)

peace, ease, release, be love.

tension, fear, adventure, companionship, fart of poop, commode.

ativan, uneven loud breathing, not eating.

shit is my earthly focus, no coverage for nights and thanksgiving and two days around. Paid caregivers turn up.

Know my care circle members will not be able to stay around the hospital bedside (due today between noon & 2).

Paid caregivers will come to care for me.

Yet, when I'm more actively dying and have lost conscious, more circle members and close beloveds will gather too.

My treasured hospice nurse Thalia says I'm in the red zone. I say, I'm emerging through death's door into eternity, clear light and beauty.

Body fails - cannot sit without aid, cannot stand without a strong body assisting me, cannot walk without assistance, Bed has chux and soft cloth loose diapers for frequent productive farts. I'm drinking water from a syringe and a bit of food with magnesium.

All is well!

All is love and light and that allows me to hold the physical pain, the fear, the concern, the letttig go.

Just be, Stephanie

• Artista928
    Artista928 Member Posts: 1,458
    Options

Thank you Mominator. I keep forgetting she has a blog so seeing updates here is appreciated.

She's not reading any more but as we collectively thing about her, she is feeling us. God bless you Stephanie and may you find eternal peace soon as you wish.

Heart

• PattyPeppermint
    Options

thanks mominator

• bestbird
    bestbird Member Posts: 232
    Options

All will be well... may clear light and beauty continue to surround you now and throughout eternity, dearest Stephanie

• ruthbru
    Options

Thank you for reposting Stephanie's words, Mominator, as we keep her in our thoughts and prayers.

• minustwo
    minustwo Member Posts: 13,107
    Options

Mominator - somehow I didn't save her blog address & I don't think it's on her tag line anymore. Can you re-post that also?

Stephanie - holding you in the light.

• Mominator
    Options

I had asked Stephanie that same question in June. Here's her response:

Hi Madelyn,

I was very open with my blog at first, but became wary after D&D blow-out. Realized I was just too exposed and want to be more personally selective. Most important to feel free to share anything related to living with serious illness, conscious dying and whatever else interests me.

And I do!

Madelyn, you are most welcome to bookmark or register as a guest.

((link))

Sending much love on this late Spring day, Stephanie

==================

MinusTwo: I sent you a PM.

• feelingfeline
    feelingfeline Member Posts: 5,145
    Options

No prayer is ever wasted.

Even though you will not see this Stephanie. It is here and You are eternally loved.

He shewed me a little thing, the quantity of an hazel-nut, in the palm of my hand; and it was as round as a ball. I looked thereupon with eye of my understanding, and thought: What may this be? And it was answered generally thus: It is all that is made. I marvelled how it might last, for methought it might suddenly have fallen to naught for little. And I was answered in my understanding: It lasteth, and ever shall for that God loveth it. And so All-thing hath the Being by the love of God.

–Julian of Norwich, Revelations of Divine Love

• AnimalCrackers
    Options

Thanks Mominator for sharing Stephanie's most recent post from her blog. I hate the thought of her being "uncared for" over thanksgiving or any other time for that matter. She has amazing inner strength.

• Rosevalley
    Options

She has friends on the farm and I can't imagine that they won't stop by and assist in whatever she might need. At least that is my hope that folks will take time out to be there for her. Sending our collective love and support Stephanie. (((Hugs)))

• Artista928
    Options

Good to hear Rosevalley.

• mab60
    mab60 Member Posts: 365
    Options

stephanie,

Many hugs and much love coming your way.

Mary Anne

• Mominator
    Options

Sorry, I didn't notice that sometime long after Stephanie wrote that PM to me, she put the link back into her profile page. Because the link is there already, I can repot it ere it is so it's handy.

https://www.mylifeline.org/StephanieSugars/updates...

There have been no updates since the "zone" post.

Sending much love to dear Stephanie. Madelyn.

• AnimalCrackers
    Options

Yes Rosevalley - I'm glad to hear she is not alone. Thanks for letting us know.

• Mominator
    Options

from Stephanie's blog:

Transitioning from this life

Posted by Melody Sugars on November 20, 2016 4:27 pm

Our dear Stephanie Sugars has entered the very beginning of her journey to the other side. As of Saturday morning, she was rapidly declining, unable to rise from her bed, no longer speaking, and being held in deep quiet and tender care by her beloved friends in her Circle of Care on a twenty-four basis. We expect she will be gone within days if not hours. It could be anytime soon. Please hold her in your hearts with all the love she has expressed and given to so many of us for so long…and be with her in spirit as she passes from us. She will be waving to us, to you.

• PattyPeppermint
    Options

waving back. much love to our dear sweet stephanie

• farmerlucy
    farmerlucy Member Posts: 596
    Options

Yes, waving back.

• Rosevalley
    Options

It will be a good journey Stephanie - I know in my heart. Waving you on to the other shore where there will be peace. Hugs to you and your caregivers.

• Mominator
    Options

The blog post was just (at 6:45 pm ET) updated slightly to add the tag:

"Written by Kathleen Kraemer"

Everything else is the same, so she is still transitioning.

Holding you in love and light, dear Stephanie

• ruthbru
    Options

Go in peace.

• Artista928
    Options

Feeling sad and happy at the same time. Very odd to me. Sad she's going to pass soon and happy that she's finally out of her misery soon as she wishes. God bless. Always in my thoughts and prayers with loving kindness. xo

• zarovka
    zarovka Member Posts: 2,959
    Options

Stephanie transitioned at 9:26 tonight. Holding everyone in this forum in love and light. What a loss but what a gain to have known Stephanie.

Stephanie - I am so grateful to have know you. I needed to understand dying as part of life to continue on my path without fear. Thank you for this gift, and please stay with us.

https://www.mylifeline.org/StephanieSugars/updates

((Ladies of the forum))

>Z<

• dlb823
    dlb823 Member Posts: 2,701
    Options

Thank you, Z. Stephanie gave us such an enormous gift by including us all in her final earthly journey. I'm so happy she wanted to and was able to stay with us as long as she did. Soar high and free, Stephanie. We'll miss you here, but you'll never be far from our thoughts and hearts.

• ShetlandPony
    ShetlandPony Member Posts: 3,063
    Options

It will take me a long time to even begin to understand Stephanie's great soul. She gave of herself to us and left many words here and in other places for us to learn from. Even so, her passing feels like an empty silence tonight.

Bless her caregivers for all they did.