Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Light from around the world for LongTermSurvivor/Stephanie

Options

Comments

• divinemrsm
    divinemrsm Member Posts: 6,018
    Options

From Ohio, the "heart" of it all (it was Ohio's advertising slogan at one time)

Sending much light and love to LongTermSurvivor.

• susan3
    susan3 Member Posts: 2,631
    Options

much love and light to you, and gentle hugs. May your soul be lifted by all here that hold you closely in their hearts.

Susan, Chicago

• Noni
    Noni Member Posts: 74
    Options

Sending light and love from Philly.

• bestbird
    bestbird Member Posts: 232
    Options

Sending tranquility and gratefulness to my dear friend and unwitting mentor...

• minustwo
    minustwo Member Posts: 13,082
    Options

Stephanie - thank you for everything you have given to all of us by sharing yourself. We are to happy to be able to send more light your way.

• Longtermsurvivor
    Longtermsurvivor Member Posts: 738
    Options

I too was tipped off to this thread and have so appreciated your posts and shares.

I "receive your every kindness" with gratitude.

When I joined bco, it was to meet Rosevalley (my friend facing eol and dealing with ascites) and to find home among other mortals at the D&D topic at Forum 8. Though I've gradually branched out at that forum, I've met few others at bco.

Yet, I knew from the numbers that for every D&D post, there are 70 readers! Sometimes it seems that frequent posters are talking to ourselves and one another, but finding out that you are reading has expanded my world. Learning that we explore this exciting and scary territory together is true companionship. Thank you for showing and sharing our bonds.

Who are you? Why do you come? What draws you back?

Surely, it is the safety and support across the many bco forums. Surely, it is the chance to learn, grow and heal through this great challenge called breast cancer.

I've met one bco member in person and who was a stranger, became a heart-friend.

May I call you "friends" too?

Thank you for your kindness, caring, compassion and generosity of spirit.

warmest healing wishes, Stephanie

• lekker
    lekker Member Posts: 238
    Options

Stephanie (and all of you who give to the D&D thread),

Thank you from another non-stage IV member who has learned a lot from you all. I'm so glad you're back and I hope you receive comfort from the love and positive energy being sent to you.

• Jackbirdie
    Jackbirdie Member Posts: 1,617
    Options

you may definitely call me friend, Stephanie. I'm sure there are 70 women (and possibly some men, also) behind me nodding their heads. Perhaps your question was rhetorical.... But.... We come to learn, we come to learn respect for life, and for death. Like many have said before me, being "present though quiet" in your D & D thread is like attending a Master Class in life. Having an example, a template, for witnessing, receiving, as well as disseminating grace is like having a personal Elder at one's disposal. Your example, your generosity of spirit, as well as that of Rosevalley, Brendatrue, and other wise ones is a light shining a great distance down the path.

Where and how else does one learn this dignity, this grace, this beauty, forgiveness and healing?

I feel very fortunate to hear your words. Thank you once again.

• kt1966
    kt1966 Member Posts: 1,021
    Options

It's so good to see you back Stephanie. I too am learning a lot from you and the other D & D posters.

I'm finding as I face the possibility of my current chemo not working any more together with the fatigue long term chemo brings, that I am becoming grumpy and irritable, losing my patience more easily. Then I read your thread and see your grace and wisdom in your situation and think to myself- I need to find that place, where I too can handle life with grace and wisdom.

Thank you so much for coming back :) And thank you to everyone else for being on this forum and providing knowledge & experience

kt

PS I wish I could express myself as well as you too!

• mara51506
    mara51506 Member Posts: 6,132
    Options

Stephanie, your insight and words mean so much to me as well. I was so happy to see you back today as I have been checking. I am not stage 4 but I do follow some of the posts there because I do find people's spirit inspiring. The fact that you could send light to so many while physically struggling amazes me. You and Rosevalley for that matter have touched me more than you can know. I am grateful to see you here and thank you both for your wisdom. Though I cannot speak to you both on the other boards out of respect, I am grateful that farmerlucy created this one to let all of us tell you we appreciate and hold you in such dear regard. Light and kindness coming your way from Ontario, Canada. PS, today is really the first time I have been posting on these boards instead of lurking. That is thanks to being inspired by you.

• Woodylb
    Woodylb Member Posts: 935
    Options

Love, lights and comfort to you dear Stephanie from Beirut, Lebanon.

We are keeping you warm in our hearts.

Wadad

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 46,951
    Options

Definitely friends! I don't know if you are familiar with the works of Viktor Frankl. He was an Austrian neurologist, psychiatrist and author. He was also a Holocaust survivor. He survived the Nazi death camps which killed his parents, wife, and entire extended family but for one sister. Many years ago, during a difficult time in my life, I read his most famous work Man's Search for Meaning. I was very deeply moved, and his observations have stayed with me ever since. Below are some quotes from his book, thoughts which may resonate with you as they have with me.

"When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves."

"Between stimulus and response, there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom."

"But there was no need to be ashamed of tears, for tears bore witness that a man had the greatest of courage, the courage to suffer."

"We who lived in concentration camps can remember the men who walked through the huts comforting others, giving away their last piece of bread. They may have been few in number, but they offer sufficient proof that everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms -- to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one's own way."

• elainetherese
    elainetherese Member Posts: 1,627
    Options

Stephanie,

Welcome back! I am a Stage IIIer who reads D & D regularly, and your posts have been an inspiration to those of us who are not facing death now, but who certainly will be soon enough. I think one of the few blessings that come with a cancer diagnosis is that it helps us think about each day and how we can make that day the best we can. It's amazing to watch women like you and Rosevalley endure some truly awful pain and suffering and yet make the most of what you have. Hope you continue to find peace and loving kindness wherever you look.

• Tresjoli2
    Tresjoli2 Member Posts: 579
    Options

I too read the d&d thread everyday. I think of each of you often, and am inspired by all of you. I find it such a thoughtful, complex, and beautiful discussion thread. So glad you are back Stephanie

• Kjones13
    Kjones13 Member Posts: 662
    Options

Stephanie your writing is like reading poetry or a good book. I just want to soak it all in. You are so very generous to share your path, your thoughts and feelings about life and nearing death. Your kind, gentle soul shines so very bright with each post. You continue to serve others, like you have done for so long. We are so blessed to have you here. I wish for pain free days with rays of sunshine so that you can feel the warmth, the love being sent to you from all of us!

Blessings, Kristin

• starwoman
    starwoman Member Posts: 16
    Options

Thank you for your generous sharing and gracious spirit, Stephanie - I too read and am sustained by you and all those who share on the D+D thread.

Maybe you abide in lovingkindness

May you be free from suffering

May you receive what you need

May you be at peace

• Jackbirdie
    Jackbirdie Member Posts: 1,617
    Options

Dear Stephanie-

I thought of you this morning, admiring the new cherries. Your sharing makes me keenly aware and appreciative of the circle of life and its energy. Blessings to you today

• farmerlucy
    farmerlucy Member Posts: 596
    Options

Morning Stephanie - I hope you had a good night. It is beautiful here today. I hope you have a chance to soak up a little sunshine today. Gentle hug.

• mara51506
    Options

Sending more light your way from London but I will not send the snow we received unless you like. Hope you had an OK day. I am happy to see you again on the other thread.

• Nolagirl1126
    Nolagirl1126 Member Posts: 178
    Options

Sending Love and Light to you, Stephanie, from the bayous of Louisiana

• Longtermsurvivor
    Options

Thank you for sharing the beauty you see through your eyes. And the feelings you have in your hearts. And that what Rosevalley and I write at the D&D topic has changed your minds.

While I love faith and trust, I hope that Rosevalley's and my pondering and stories have also deepened the mystery - so we can approach life and death with wonder and awe, learning from all that is, not only from what we've been told or think we know about it all.

Ours is such a vast exploration, like the starry heavens then condensed into the small stone at our feet. We need to stumble and fall, yet also to re-find our footing and rise. We need one another.

Knowing that you are reading and learning a bit about you by what you've shared here, including your signature lines, helps me to include you too in all that you write.

Thank you for sharing your support, but special thanks for sharing yourselves and making connection.

May your days be blessed with love and light. May your nights be blessed with dream delight.

Warm hug for each of you, Stephanie

This apple tree is blooming in my yard, in spite of its dead and hollow core. The force of life is astounding!

• Icietla
    Icietla Member Posts: 321
    Options

Warm Love and Light to you, Stephanie.

• mara51506
    Options

• Artista928
    Artista928 Member Posts: 1,458
    Options

I would be honored to be your friend. Your perception and thoughts on life and dying are invaluable to me and so many others who aren't stage IV. It goes for all of us. I'm not good with words let alone writing so eloquently like you do, but I pray for you, Rose and others daily and look forward to reading your posts. Much love and hugs your way. :)

• Mominator
    Mominator Member Posts: 1,173
    Options

Stephanie, I was thinking of you this morning.Friendship takes many forms.

These gentlemen were walking the boardwalk this morning. We had a lovely chat. (They graciously allowed me to take their picture, and then I returned the favor by taking a similar picture on one of their phones.) They are friends from upstate NY and have been traveling together for many years. They got their hand-carved walking sticks while visiting Tennessee. Spring Lake is one of their favorite destinations.

I may not get to travel with you for many years, but I have been lucky enough to have months of reading your posts.

Wishing and sending you comfort and healing light as you continue your journey. You are a remarkable woman and you continue to amaze me. I have learned so much from you and I hope be a good friend to you.

Love,

Madelyn

• Rosevalley
    Rosevalley Member Posts: 1,664
    Options

I just read through page 2 and am feeling inspired and warmed by the response! So happy to hear everyone's voices and share in enjoying the gifts we give to each other. The sharing that makes this cancer journey bearable. It just makes my heart sing with gratitude and happiness. Thanks for being here. Stephanie thank you for the courage to return! lots of love to all. rosevalley

• mara51506
    Options

I am also inspired by your way with words as well. You certainly do pose many excellent questions and given me things to think about that I had not before. So glad you are willing to share and glad I can continue sending my respect as well as light and kindness.

• Woodylb
    Woodylb Member Posts: 935
    Options

Stephanie these are pictures of my tiny little country Lebanon , i hope they give yoy the same peace and serenity they give me. Wish you good luck on your onc's visit . Hugs.

• artistatheart
    artistatheart Member Posts: 1,437
    Options

Stephanie, I look forward to your posts every time I check in. You have offered so much insight and words of wisdom and comfort. May we continue to see you here for a long time. You are loved and very respected here.

• Longtermsurvivor
    Options

Woody, oh yes, your amazing photos bring peace and serenity. I love natural beauty and I love connecting with others through what and who they love. It's an important facet of you revealing itself. Thank you.

lcietla, thank you for sharing your very first bco with me. It's like receiving a new and tender valentine, your living heart, into my open, cupped hands.

Mominator, yes, friends going places together, accompanying one another along their life paths. I love the word companion - it literally means bringer of the bread. Sharing this cancer journey together makes it more bearable. Not exactly a walk in a park, but a sense of being together. Thank you.

Mara and artista, this feels like a namaste, an artwork we collaborate to create. Thank you for being my companions.

Rosevalley, I feel like this is really an "us" topic. You and I have labored together through the darkness of winter when the N&V brought you to your knees and my own hurry to "get things done" prompted an outpouring of thoughts and feelings at the D&D topic. Now faslodex has eased your way and I'm finding my own rhythm of participation at bco. While sharing, we somehow drew in unrecognized support from so many well-wishers.

Now you well-wishers are showing yourselves here...you all are like springtime new growth - the first green leaves - I sit in awe at your feet.

All the while, in the darkness, we were all weaving together, finding strength through connection, but Rosevalley and I couldn't see or feel many of you until you began writing at D&D and here. Ours is truly a collaborative effort.

So, thank you for being the ground and nurturing us through the winter, even while we couldn't see the coming green.

warmest healing regards for all, Stephanie