Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Light from around the world for LongTermSurvivor/Stephanie

Options

Comments

• Longtermsurvivor
    Longtermsurvivor Member Posts: 738
    Options

Today's poem from Panhala:

Query

I asked the birds
    who sing at night
    where they learned their songs,
    and what they sang about.

They said, "We learn from
    birds who sing by day,
    but what we sing about
    is hard for us to say."

"Only those with beak
    and wing can fathom joy
    in dark and doubt.
    The sky may turn to evening
    and the sun to moon,
    but we sing
    of what you do not speak -
    how night is sometimes noon,
    how any season of the soul
    can, with time, be coaxed to spring."

~ Jean Burden ~

(Poetry, Fall 2002)

• Jackbirdie
    Jackbirdie Member Posts: 1,617
    Options

Dear Stephanie- thank you for sharing both your beautiful words and the lovely poem. I read it through several times, slower and slower, to capture it's meaning. I have never studied poetry, and sometimes struggle to see imagery, so obvious to others.

I appreciate you continuing to greet us here, your formerly silent friends.

Thinking of you enjoying the sights and sounds of spring from a nearby open door or window.

In lovingkindness to all present here this morning.

• lekker
    lekker Member Posts: 238
    Options

Stephanie and all,

Thinking of you as I took in the golden sunshine and fantastic warmth this morning.

It's interesting that you used the imagery of sitting at our feet. That's kind of the way I've felt reading through the d&d thread - that I'm sitting at the feet of teachers who are sharing their knowledge of what is to come for all of us, but we will not really understand until it is our time. Thank you.

• farmerlucy
    farmerlucy Member Posts: 596
    Options

Good morning all - Speaking of birds I want to tell you about some wonderful bird-brains at our farm. In the past two months we've added two roosters and three Muscovy drakes. No hens in sight. Their intra-species friendship is so heartwarming. They depend on each other. The roosters sleep together in the rafters of the barn. Spike a small, banty rooster is just like a dog. He races out to meet me so I can pick him up and stroke his feathers. The ducks are so friendly and wag their tail feathers when they waddle up for some corn.
    I get so much peace and happiness from the creatures at the farm. Just entering the gate makes me smile.
  • ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 46,953
    Options

Since birds are being discussed, I thought you might enjoy this picture. North Dakota is on the North America Flyway. Birds stop in on their migration routes for some rest & relaxation (lots of open fields with food and potholes for water). Here are a flock of Canadian Geese heading north for the summer (a mile long and over a million strong) in a picture taken a few days ago not far from where I live. Weather or not, spring has sprung!

• divinemrsm
    divinemrsm Member Posts: 6,018
    Options

Ruth, that photo is jaw dropping. Never seen anything like it, I can only imagine what a spectacular sight it isin person!

• lalady1
    lalady1 Member Posts: 530
    Options

Dear Stephanie - your posts and poetry continue to inspire us. Here's an Alaskan pic of dogloos for you. Along the Iditarod trail, sled dogs stay in these. I took this pic when I volunteered as a dog handler for a day at the start of the race. - Claire

• SlowDeepBreaths
    SlowDeepBreaths Member Posts: 6,702
    Options

Sending love and light from Southern California.

• AmyQ
    AmyQ Member Posts: 821
    Options

Dear Stephanie,

From your first post to the most recent, I have felt and known that you are an angel among us. You put into words and sentiments better than anyone I've ever met including the Classic Poets both living and dead.

You mentioned you are alone, but that cannot be true with all those who admire you and are obviously touched by your spirit. I'm sending love and light from Miinesota this morning while I enjoy a snow globe of falling snow.

With love,

Amy

• mara51506
    mara51506 Member Posts: 6,132
    Options

Hope you have a decent day Stephanie. Much love to you and thank you for the beautiful poem.

• Longtermsurvivor
    Longtermsurvivor Member Posts: 738
    Options

Smiling like these Johnny Jump-ups!

Already a more than decent day. The heat as broken and I'll visit a beloved doctor in my old, home town of San Francisco.

Wishing you all more smiles, more beauty in your days.

love & gratitude, Stephanie

• Jackbirdie
    Options

Dear Stephanie:

I wanted to share the blooming wisteria today. I hope if you close your eyes you can catch a whiff of the transporting scent.

• Woodylb
    Woodylb Member Posts: 935
    Options

Beautiful poem Stephanie , thank you for sharing. I am glad your visit to your onc went well . I wish you a quiet and comfortable night filled with wonderful dreams.

• AZ85048
    AZ85048 Member Posts: 1,467
    Options

Stephanie - Sending love and light from Arizona...

• AZ85048
    Options

• AZ85048
    Options

• AZ85048
    Options

• AZ85048
    Options

• AZ85048
    Options

• AZ85048
    Options

• AZ85048
    Options

• AZ85048
    Options

• AZ85048
    Options

• AZ85048
    Options

• AZ85048
    Options

• Jackbirdie
    Options

Dear Stephanie-

I wanted to share a simple loaf with you. I hope if you close your eyes you can smell it, just pulled from the oven.

• AmyQ
    AmyQ Member Posts: 821
    Options

Oh my goodness ladies, I smell the freshly baked bread, the newly blooming wisteria and have immersed myself in the Arizona sunset. Thank you for tweaking my senses.

Amy

• Woodylb
    Woodylb Member Posts: 935
    Options

Good morning Stephanie, i hope you had a comfortable night , and wish you a pleasant day.

• mara51506
    mara51506 Member Posts: 6,132
    Options

Good morning Stephanie

• Rosevalley
    Rosevalley Member Posts: 1,664
    Options

Blessings Stephanie. I hope you slept well and are controlling your symptoms. Being sisters of ascites I think of you and hope you are coping with your symptoms. We are the only ones who shared upfront and personally about our journey. Others who travel this path will have our descriptions and offerings to help guide them. When I first started there was next to nothing written. Thanks to you we have candid descriptions and journaling.

Well here you have been offered freshly baked bread, sunsets, sunrises, scenery, blossoms and much good will and love. Pretty fantastic. I cheer everyone on in celebrating you and your light. It's wonderful and it shines through in all you do. Hope today is a good day. Much love your way.