Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Light from around the world for LongTermSurvivor/Stephanie

Options

Comments

• chisandy
    chisandy Member Posts: 11,307
    Options

Stephanie’s love, friendship, eloquence and wisdom will be with us forever. May her transition have been peaceful and painless.

• Lita57
    Lita57 Member Posts: 2,338
    Options

The warmth and power of Stephanie's soul will resonate on this board for years to come.

We have all been blessed by her contributions to these threads.

L

• Rosevalley
    Rosevalley Member Posts: 1,664
    Options

How does it feel to be free Stephanie? Is your spirit dancing and playful or still gently exploring your new world. Great Peace my friend I will miss you, but know you are in a better place. No more pain and cancer. Blessings and thankfulness for your circle of caregivers and your sister and friends.

• gardengypsy
    gardengypsy Member Posts: 499
    Options

My vigil is taking place here, many many miles away, but your spirit remains close to my soul. I am snding love to your friends, family and caregivers.

• PattyPeppermint
    PattyPeppermint Member Posts: 8,950
    Options

finally flying free. Soar stephanie. My heart is both happy and broken. She will be missed. Her honest discussion of death has forever changed my ideas. Much love dear sweet stephanie. Til we meet again

• feelingfeline
    feelingfeline Member Posts: 5,145
    Options

RIP Stephanie

May God Bless all those who mourn your absence. May those you love who have gone ahead of you welcome you with joy.

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    Options

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 4,816
    Options

May she rest in peace.

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,004
    Options

A poem I think Stephanie might have liked and agreed with:

Turn Again To Life

If I should die and leave you here a while,
    be not like others sore undone,
    who keep long vigil by the silent dust.
    For my sake turn again to life and smile,
    nerving thy heart and trembling hand to do
    something to comfort other hearts than thine.
    Complete these dear unfinished tasks of mine
    and I perchance may therein comfort you.

Mary Lee Hall

• april485
    april485 Member Posts: 1,983
    Options

RIP dear lady. May you drift to the next place on a soft wind while you hear beautiful music and sip the nectar of the Gods. You will be missed. You will always be loved. Thank you for being the person that you are. May all eternity enjoy your presence and drink of your essence.

• octogirl
    octogirl Member Posts: 2,434
    Options

Rest in peace Stephanie. Your spirit flies and touches us all.

• AmyQ
    AmyQ Member Posts: 821
    Options

She did her best to prepare herself and us for her death but still there's a huge emptiness this morning. I think a little piece of all of us went with her.

I suspect there will be no resting for Stephanie. I suspect she's flying ever so gracefully among the stars and into the heavens and I suspect she's touching the souls she meets, just like she touched us.

We will miss you but can look forward to your grace and poetry again someday.

With love and gratitude Stephanie,

Amy

• Noni
    Noni Member Posts: 74
    Options

Thank you Stephanie. Your legacy lives on.

• gmmiph
    gmmiph Member Posts: 662
    Options

When someone you love becomes a memory, the memory becomes a treasure.

Rest in peace Stephanie

• Beatmon
    Beatmon Member Posts: 617
    Options

She lives on in each of our hearts that she touched. Free and no more pain

• Molly50
    Molly50 Member Posts: 3,008
    Options

I am both heart broken and happy she is free . Soar free , Stephanie and thanks for sharing your journey . As I watch my son slowly deteriorate I am comforted by Stephanie's words. I never knew what a long journey death can be .

• AnimalCrackers
    AnimalCrackers Member Posts: 542
    Options

she is finally free

may her spirit soar

• mara51506
    mara51506 Member Posts: 6,156
    Options

RIP Stephanie. Glad you are free now. Thanks for teaching us with your words that will live on forever.

• Mominator
    Mominator Member Posts: 1,173
    Options

Thank you, Melody, Kathleen, and Elinor, for keeping us updated on Stephanie's blog during her transition.

Thank you to all the Circle of Care caregivers, and to all on the hospice team who cared for Stephanie.

We all treasured Stephanie deep in our hearts, and will carry forwards Stephanie's spirit in all that we do and be. Peace to all, and blessings to dear Stephanie.

• minustwo
    minustwo Member Posts: 13,108
    Options

Yes, Stephanie will always be in our hearts. I can see you dancing now. And thank you Ruth for the poem. I agree, Stephanie would like us to do just that.

• nougo-ca
    nougo-ca Member Posts: 12
    Options

Rest in Love dear Stephanie.

• JustJean
    JustJean Member Posts: 170
    Options

Stephanie freely shared her journey with us, in detail, right to where she couldn't talk to us anymore. What a gift that was and I am so thankful! I already miss her dreadfully but, like many others, am glad that she's shed this earthly body and her soul has gone on to the next adventure which I am sure eagerly awaited her arrival.

Both tears and smiles today...

JJ

• farmerlucy
    farmerlucy Member Posts: 596
    Options

Rest in peace my teacher and friend.

• Artista928
    Artista928 Member Posts: 1,458
    Options

I knew it was Stephanie when I saw the angel thread bumped. She is an angel now and we are all still able to keep her near in our thoughts and hearts. Her legacy will never be forgotten. I googled her name and saw contributions she has made other than here. Bless her heart. Fly free Stephanie. <3

• Kattysmith
    Kattysmith Member Posts: 688
    Options

A beautiful, deeply moving speech she gave two years ago:

https://www.smartpatients.com/stories/breast-cance...

• mab60
    mab60 Member Posts: 365
    Options

it is very hard to imagine theboards without Stephanie. I will miss her very very much.

Mary Anne

• lalady1
    lalady1 Member Posts: 530
    Options

Soar free dear Stephanie! Thanks for all your kind PMs and words of wisdom. We voted, we are sending love now and for all seasons. :)

Claire

• meadow
    meadow Member Posts: 998
    Options

thank you for posting Katty smith

• lekker
    lekker Member Posts: 238
    Options

I feel sadness that she is gone, but joy that she is free. We will miss you Stephanie.

• faith-840
    faith-840 Member Posts: 926
    Options

So sad for all of us but happy that she will now rest in the loving arms of our Lord. Her light will shine always. She has left us all better for having "known" her.

Hugs and healing to all.

Faith (in the future)