Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Light from around the world for LongTermSurvivor/Stephanie

Options

Comments

• Tomboy
    Tomboy Member Posts: 2,700
    Options

What a beautiful light you were, Stephanie.

• bestbird
    bestbird Member Posts: 232
    Options

Thank you, dearest Stephanie, for all you have done. Now it is your turn to rest.

Stephanie, you truly held us in your arms, and we will forever hold you in our hearts.

• Wicked
    Wicked Member Posts: 27
    Options

Thank you for posting that, Katty.

• AnimalCrackers
    AnimalCrackers Member Posts: 542
    Options

Yes Kattysmith thank you for posting Stephanie's speech. What a blessing to have known her through this forum.

• KDs-Husband
    KDs-Husband Member Posts: 75
    Options

Forever grateful to have crossed paths with you, Dear Stephanie. You have taught me so much about living and dying. Love and Light for Eternity,

Louis

• Mominator
    Mominator Member Posts: 1,173
    Options

I wanted to pass this along to all of Stephanie's friends:

Stephanie's Memorial

Posted by Melody Sugars on

Stephanie's dear friend Angela, a member of her Circle of Care, has reserved a space at Summerfield Waldorf School, west of Santa Rosa, for Saturday, April 22, 2017 for her Memorial. The serendipity of that being Earth Day can't go unnoticed.

Please save the date if you would like to attend. More details will follow as the time nears. Thank you.

https://www.mylifeline.org/StephanieSugars/updates/update/1519942

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,003
    Options

Thanks, Mominator. It's hard to believe that she is gone.

• minustwo
    minustwo Member Posts: 13,108
    Options

Thank you Mominator. Missing her terribly.

• AnimalCrackers
    AnimalCrackers Member Posts: 542
    Options

Thank you Mominator.

• luvmyfam
    luvmyfam Member Posts: 53
    Options

Stephanie, missing your incredibly informative and insightful posts and blog entries. Missing your strength and acceptance. I am at peace knowing that you have passed over the eternal light where you will be met by angels and loved for all eternity.

Eric

• ronniekay
    ronniekay Member Posts: 657
    Options

Though your body was weak, your voice was strong. Thank you, Stephanie, for your wisdom in living fully and preparing for when life on earth is finished. May you be whole again & your spirit and words forever comfort all! You were inspiring

• fleur-de-lis
    fleur-de-lis Member Posts: 13
    Options

this woman was a wise elder, and a true sage. May she Rest In Peace and continue her journey as an guardian angel on the other side.

She reached out to me regarding some alternative modalities when she was very ill...always wanting to help another thru her own experience and inner knowledge. The path she followed during her years spent battling BC is nothing short of legendary. I do hope that, someday, someone will chronicle her journey as a living testament to all of those who suffer from this disease. She was a living miracle, a very special soul.She will live on thru others in which she touched with her compassion and generosity.

• Mominator
    Options

Dear fleur-de-lis:

You were hoping that "someone will chronicle her journey as a living testament to all of those who suffer from this disease." Actually, Stephanie did chronicle her journey.

You will find a lot of information on her personal blog:

https://www.mylifeline.org/StephanieSugars/

And there's much more information, including a collection of her writings on this page.  

https://www.mylifeline.org/StephanieSugars/learninglinks

About a month before she died, a collage came by to take boxes of her writings for their feminist collection. I don't remember the name of the college, but I will keep looking for you. Or perhaps someone remembers the name of the college.

• lekker
    lekker Member Posts: 238
    Options

Mominator- I had to search but I found Stephanie's post where she mentioned the organization that came to collect her papers. Here it is...

Three weeks ago, I turned over nine banker boxes of my private and published writing to the Gay and Lesbian History Project of the SF Bay Area. Getting it together for its departure was a huge undertaking, as it meant sorting through 40+ years of my personal and public past. It also meant letting go of many items (journals) that I will likely never see or touch or read again. It was like giving my shadow self up for adoption. Whew!

• Mominator
    Options

thanks, lekker, for finding that.

I remember how poignant that line "It also meant letting go of many items (journals) that I will likely never see or touch or read again." Stephanie was always thinking of ways to help others.

• zarovka
    zarovka Member Posts: 2,959
    Options

Hey Stephanie! Thinking of you! Inspired by you.

>Z<

• Mominator
    Options

I received an update from Stephanie's blog:

We want to let you know about a conference about dying and death that was very close to Stephanie’s heart. She herself participated in and organized similar conferences and was very active in The Christian Community and a founding member of The Sacred Threshold Guild, both of which are co-sponsoring this conference. Many of Stephanie’s close friends who were with her during and after her death are helping to organize this conference and keeping her in their hearts as they do it.

The Threshold of Life and Death: Bringing Death Home

Friday, March 10, from 7 pm to 9 pm and Saturday, March 11, from 1 pm to 5 pm

Summerfield Waldorf School & Farm, Sophia Hall,

655 Willowside Road, Santa Rosa, CA

Gain a spiritual understanding and anthroposophical perspective of what is involved in this sacred time. Caring for those we love during and after death can be simple, thoughtful and deeply meaningful. It is one of the ways we can heal ourselves and our community.

a conference co-sponsored by

The Christian Community in Santa Rosa and The Sacred Threshold Guild

There are more details on Stephanie's blog.

https://www.mylifeline.org/StephanieSugars/updates/update/1520866

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How wonderful that Stephanie is still teaching us, through her friends, after her death.

• ruthbru
    Options

That is wonderful. Thanks for posting it, Mominator!

• Mominator
    Options

I received another update from Stephanie's blog:

=====================================

Stephanie's Memorial - Saturday, April 22, 2017
    Posted by Elinor Biller on

Dear Friends,

Below is the Eventbrite link for Stephanie's Memorial on April 22nd. Please click on it to RSVP. Also you can see below the entire invitation to the memorial which you can print out as a remembrance of Stephanie.

We hope that all of you will be able to come and participate in this special day.

Please don’t forget to RSVP by April 10th and to bring a dish if you are staying for the potluck.

Love to all,

Angela, Meg, Melody and Liz (Memorial Committee)

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/stephanie-sugars-memorial-celebration-tickets-32612969269

• Mominator
    Options

Here's the latest update from Stephanie's blog:

=====================================

Remembrances and Photos for Memorial

Posted by Melody Sugars on

Dear Friends of Stephanie,

Hopefully you can attend Stephanie’s memorial but, if not, you can be present and remember her by sending a story, letter, card, or remembrance that we’ll make available for memorial guests to read. Please send by April 14, to either Liz Larew at etl655@sonic.net. For those attending please feel free to also send items for display.

And, if you have one or two photos of Stephanie you would like included in the slide show please send to her brother Dan at dsugars@comcast.net or his address at 614B Mormon St., Folsom, CA 95630. Please write your first and last name on the back of the “hard” copies and he will return them to you at the memorial. Depending on the response, Dan may not be able to include all the photos he receives but he will do his best to include at least one of yours. Photos need to be received by him by April 8, 2017.

Thank you,

Memorial Planning Committee (Angela, Liz, Meg, and Melody)

• ruthbru
    Options

I'm sure it will be a wonderful memoral!

• Patrice2924
    Patrice2924 Member Posts: 1
    Options

wow your story is amazing you inspire me too keep fighting 😘😘

• farmerlucy
    farmerlucy Member Posts: 596
    Options

It has been a year now since you left this earth. Your spirit is strong. Your teachings are your legacy. Your light still shines.

• zarovka
    zarovka Member Posts: 2,959
    Options

Thinking of you Stephanie.

>Z<

• Beatmon
    Beatmon Member Posts: 617
    Options

This week during one of my sleepless nights, I reminisced about Stephanie, her strength and how she seemed to hold us all together.

• Tomboy
    Tomboy Member Posts: 2,700
    Options

i think about Stephanie too, and wish there were more people in the world like her.

• Mominator
    Options

As we wish there were more people like Stephanie, we can also be more like Stephanie. I treasured her teaching and her kindness, which I have been trying to pay forward. 

• mammygranny
    mammygranny Member Posts: 3
    Options

Remembering Stephanie

• ruthbru
    Options

Heart

• minustwo
    minustwo Member Posts: 13,108
    Options

Stephanie was amazing. I went back and read many of the earlier pages and am greatful to her all over again.