Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Thin Slices of Joy

Options

Comments

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited February 2017
    Options

Making lasagna for supper, using the most excellent product: no-boil/oven-ready lasagna noodles. You layer sauce, noodles, and stuff (depending on taste- meat, veggies, cheese, ricotta), cover tightly, and bake. It works really well and no more dealing with pots of boiling water and sheets of hot pasta. Looking forward to a large slab of joy, in about 30 minutes LOL.

• divinemrsm
    divinemrsm Member Posts: 6,074
    edited February 2017
    Options

Badger, I have used that lasagna no boil pasta and love it! The first time I baked with it, I had my doubts that it would actually cook enough to taste good but I could tell no difference between the two types taste wise! And what a time saver!

Enjoy that tasty meal!

• divinemrsm
    edited February 2017
    Options

This past weekend, I repurposed a cheap, laminated narrow pantry cabinet I long ago had in my kitchen but that I'd since moved to my storage room and stashed odds and ends inside. I emptied it, contents to be sold at a garage sale this spring, and painted it a cranberry color with the chalk paint that is currently so popular. Put a new, pretty knob on the door and moved it into our music room. It perfectly stores my photo boxes and the sheet music and guitar strings both dh and ds have. No more clutter! Looks adorable.

• scotbird
    scotbird Member Posts: 592
    edited February 2017
    Options

Sounds lovely Mrs M, good job! X

• badger
    edited February 2017
    Options

My day started out on a high note due to taking white vinegar to the coffee maker yesterday. Had my first cup in ten minutes! It had been taking twenty minutes, waaaay too long.

• SerenitySTAT
    SerenitySTAT Member Posts: 3,534
    edited February 2017
    Options

Divine - Good job!

badger - That reminds me that I need to clean our coffee grinder. Getting to drink coffee sooner is a great incentive. ;)

Had a check up with MO today. Everything's good. Even the blood draw was barely noticeable (that never happened before!). Next appointment is in 6 months. Stopped at Five Guys for a burger. Then took a nap.

• SerenitySTAT
    edited March 2017
    Options

My dog excels at warming my feet.

• badger
    edited March 2017
    Options

yay for good check-ups! (and warm dogs)

Had a cordial constituent contact with my state Senator today. Nice!

• SerenitySTAT
    edited March 2017
    Options

badger - Good work!

My feet got warm, so I pulled off the blanket. Pup decided to lick my exposed foot for at least 30 seconds. Now she's resting her head on my foot, but her nostril is next to my skin. It TICKLES!

• SerenitySTAT
    edited March 2017
    Options

• cliff
    cliff Member Posts: 86
    edited March 2017
    Options

way too short visits from my daughter and Daniella. even her pictures calm me down.

• divinemrsm
    edited March 2017
    Options

GORGEOUS baby, Cliff!!!

• SerenitySTAT
    edited March 2017
    Options

She's adorable!

• cliff
    cliff Member Posts: 86
    edited March 2017
    Options

she really brings a smile to this tired old technican

• badger
    edited March 2017
    Options

Awwww cliff, what a cutie pie!

Every year, my talented SIL makes a calendar with family pix and gives as C-Mas gifts. Turned the page to March this morning to find a wonderful memory from last fall - my nephew's wedding.

Hug

• SerenitySTAT
    edited March 2017
    Options

My husband and I went downtown today. We ate at an Indian restaurant first. Mmm, it was good. Then we went to the Museum of Fine Arts to see the Chagall exhibit. I've seen some of his paintings and stained glass work, but I didn't know he did so much costume and set design. They had videos of actual ballet/opera performances using the costumes on display. They had the design sketches of the gigantic background sets that you could see in the videos. They played music throughout since it influenced his work. We now have a membership so I'll try to see it again before it leaves.

The museum website contains a lot of information and pictures. Grab a warm drink, put on some music, and peruse...

https://www.mbam.qc.ca/en/exhibitions/on-view/chagall/

This room was interesting. The giant circular screen showed different parts of the Paris Opera ceiling. Imagine a camera moving around the ceiling zooming in and out. On the walls were his design sketches. There was a video of the design and building process. Apparently, Charles de Gaulle selected the sketches he liked.

• MagicalBean
    MagicalBean Member Posts: 192
    edited March 2017
    Options

I'm curled up in bed, reading this newly-discovered thread. One dog is on my left, snoring Ioudly. Another is stretched out at the foot. And scattered around me are three of my four cats. Love your slices. Good food for good sleep.

• magiclight
    magiclight Member Posts: 6,656
    edited March 2017
    Options

Serenity, thanks for sharing images from the Chagall exhibit. I was in Montreal last summer, but unfortunately the museum was mostly closed as exhibits were being changed. Maybe another time.

• SerenitySTAT
    edited March 2017
    Options

MagicalBean - Glad you like! My dog doesn't snore much, but when she dreams, she makes the cutest noises.

magiclight - Montreal is worth another visit. I feel like a tourist sometimes because I don't live downtown. We usually take the commuter train to get there.

Went to Qi Gong and hung out in the sunny library with a few women afterwards. Later in the day I had my port flushed. There was a mix up with my appointment, but they had an opening 2 hours later. I'm so much more patient these days.

Medicating

• SerenitySTAT
    edited March 2017
    Options

Too cute!

• badger
    edited March 2017
    Options

The robins are back! At least a dozen showed up in the neighborhood this morning. Spring is officially here.

• MagicalBean
    MagicalBean Member Posts: 192
    edited March 2017
    Options

It's cold and windy here today. So I decided to spend some time cleaning out bedroom drawers. Feels good to do it, even though nobody can see the results. And now the sun is shining🐰🐰🐰

• magiclight
    edited March 2017
    Options

When I wake up in morning my PMPS is almost absent, no iron bra, no swelling, no pain, so I stay in bed for a little while savoring the experience, petting my pup who is next to me, and just being in the present moment.

• SerenitySTAT
    edited March 2017
    Options

badger - Nice! It's still too cold here, but it looks like warmer weather is coming.

MagicalBean - Good job! I need to do that, too.

magiclight - I feel the same when I wake. I linger in bed relishing the lack of pain. My sciatica has improved since my latest set back. I was able to sit through the new Logan movie today and get up without pain. I still have to be aware of my position. I do feel numbness, and my range of motion is still limited. But, it's been much worse.

I cleaned out the burr grinder.

I took the kids to the movie theater today. Logan movie is excellent! It's been confirmed that my 21-yr-old daughter is more mature than I am. ;)

My pup and I are resting on our chair. She's on top of my legs. She may be pushing 30 lbs. I can feel her winter weight.

• magiclight
    edited March 2017
    Options

Serenity...sounds like a good day for you, your daughter and your pup. I have not seen the Hugh Jackman films, but have read good reviews of Logan. I had to look up burr grinder and was unsure as I just call it a grinder and then designate it additionally for coffee, herb, etc..

• SerenitySTAT
    edited March 2017
    Options

Logan is part of Marvel's X-Men universe, but it's unlike the rest of the movies. I loved most of them, but these are the kind of movies I enjoy.

The burr grinder we have is a good, basic model. When we decided to replace our coffee maker, we learned burr grinders are better than blade grinders if you want a consistent size. Our coffee system consists of the burr grinder, french press, and electric kettle. Altogether, it didn't cost more than our old coffee maker. I didn't realize my taste for coffee had changed until I had coffee on an airplane. It was so foul that I couldn't drink it. That was a first of many similar experiences. Now I bring my own coffee if I go out in the morning.

• scotbird
    scotbird Member Posts: 592
    edited March 2017
    Options

The weather here has been terrible, so I have taken inspiration from all of you lovely women and spent much of the day in pyjamas on my sofa, with a book and my dog. This evening I made a superfood salad with salmon, quinoa, kale, brocolli beetroot, herbs and other good stuff. My sciatica has been much better this week too Serenity: maybe we'll soon be pain free. I hardly needed any painkillers all week!

• jcn16
    jcn16 Member Posts: 102
    edited March 2017
    Options

Two nights in a row with no hot flashes so I slept decently. Think I'll make breakfast with my son before driving him back to college. And the son is shining! Hope it's a good day for us all.

• badger
    edited March 2017
    Options

Washed bed linens yesterday. It was lovely to slide into clean fresh sheets last night.

• SerenitySTAT
    edited March 2017
    Options

ScotBird - Are you taking anything for your sciatica? I'm taking Lyrica. Still trying to find the right dosage. Needing less painkillers is a great feeling!

jcn - Getting good sleep is so important. Hope you had a nice breakfast with your son. The sun is shining here, but it's 12 F. More than brisk!

badger - I love that feeling as well!

I was lingering in bed this morning, but I heard someone stirring a spoon in a mug. I couldn't resist the coffee's pull. My older daughter was still in the kitchen with her coffee. She showed me her Snapchat of the pup asleep on the chair this morning. There was a clip focused on her forelegs quivering as she dreamed. Last night I fell asleep listening to the pup smacking her lips. Dream eating? Dogs are entertaining!