Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Thin Slices of Joy

Options

Comments

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited March 2017
    Options

Serenity I agree, dogs are entertaining, even in their sleep. Here's a series of haikus on the subject. The first is from mustlovepoodles and the second two are mine. BTW if you like poetry, come join us, we're on the Humor and Games thread.

Little curly dog

Sleeps beside me on the couch

Dream, my wee one, dream

~~~

Chasing dream rabbits

The curly warrior runs

Fast and free: REM sleep!

~~~

I have had dreaming

dogs curled up at my side, on

the hunt in their sleep.

• glennie19
    glennie19 Member Posts: 4,831
    edited March 2017
    Options

Love those poems, Badger!

Strange and exciting things here. I found a little house with a fenced yard that I want to buy. Dog will be so happy to have a place to run and chase squirrels. I wondered about selling my townhome as historically, resell is not so good and takes a long time. Then a friend mentioned to another friend that I was going to sell, and she came to see my place and fell in love with it! We are going to draw up a contract next week. So very excited. And weirdly enough,,, I know the man's daughter from another friend,, and I know the woman's daughter from somewhere else! And today, she came over to show the place to her grandkids,, and they go to school with neighbor's grandkids! What a small world!!

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited March 2017
    Options

Glennie, that is way cool. What a small world.

I sold my old house to a friend who had been there before and liked it but when her grandson came over and started swinging from a branch on the red maple tree in the back yard, she knew it was the perfect fit.

Walked around the perimeter of the house today and see we have tulips coming up on the south side. YAY!

• SerenitySTAT
    SerenitySTAT Member Posts: 3,534
    edited March 2017
    Options

badger - Great poems! I'm not the poet in the family, so I may just read.

glennie/badger - What a nice way to sell your homes!

Taking deep breaths because my husband is making dinner. Smells good. He is the main cook. I'm very lucky. Last night he made fish soft tacos, or is it soft fish tacos? Either way they were yummy.

• glennie19
    edited March 2017
    Options

Fish tacos are yummy!

yes, it was really strange to discover the other relationships,,,, one was discovered today, when she came over with her daughter,, and the other was a week ago, when the husband mentioned to his daughter in San Francisco, that he was buying this place, blah, blah, blah,, and then discovered that the daughter knew me. If this had been a plot in a book,, I would say,, phooey,, too many coincidences!

• divinemrsm
    divinemrsm Member Posts: 6,074
    edited March 2017
    Options

Ah, fresh sheets, always welcome. Tulips, too.

Whoa glennie. What an interesting turn of events. Good luck with all those changes.

Serenity, it is always nice when someone else cooks dinner.

My son came home for an impromptu visit Friday night in to Saturday. He lives an hour away. It did my heart good to see him.

Dh put a handrail on the basement steps. Never had one there before. Turned out terrific. I go down the steps every day to clean the litter box. That handrail is so nice.

We are still waiting word, when exactly is that dilapidated house behind us being demolished. But dh ran into the son of the homeowner next to the dilapiated one (homeowner lives elsewhere, long story). Anyway, he said his mom got a call this week from the building inspector. He told her to take pictures of the retaining wall in her yard in case it gets damaged by the demo, they will repair it. Hearing that made me real real real happy because it sounds like it is getting close.

• jcn16
    jcn16 Member Posts: 102
    edited March 2017
    Options

Glennie, congratulations! What an interesting turn of events

• magiclight
    magiclight Member Posts: 6,656
    edited March 2017
    Options

Glennie...good news for you and your happy dog

• divinemrsm
    edited March 2017
    Options

Oh! The red X's got spray painted on the house today!!!!!!!!!

This is the final step the city takes to signify that a house is slated for demolition. Really makes it official. No turning back now.

My son's girlfriend suggests we throw a party when it comes down and call it "Cinco de-Molish". I love it!

Dh already has plans to take a day or two off work to watch the demo first hand.

Here is a comparison of the front of my house taken in the summer and the front of the house that will be demo'd.

You can understand my joy!

• glennie19
    edited March 2017
    Options

Thanks, Everyone! We are excited!!

Oh, DivineMrsM,, you must be thrilled to see those red X's!! I definitely think you should Par-Tay!!

• SerenitySTAT
    edited March 2017
    Options

Divine - I love the Cinco de Molish idea! Mojitos, margaritas, or both? Your porch is so welcoming.

• divinemrsm
    edited March 2017
    Options

Maragritas!!!!! My favorite!!!!

• SerenitySTAT
    edited March 2017
    Options

Mmm, my husband makes delicious mango margaritas...

• magiclight
    edited March 2017
    Options

A good morning with my camera in my yard. Ah! Spring, my little slice of joy.

• SerenitySTAT
    edited March 2017
    Options

Wow! Beautiful pics! Thank you for sharing. ThumbsUp

• divinemrsm
    edited March 2017
    Options

Magic, what beautiful blossoms.

Today I went to the tax preparer and it was oh so much simpler than pulling my hair out doing these taxes myself. What a relief, they are done, I was charged a very reasonable fee and the bonus is I even get a refund. Did I mention what a relief it is to have them done?

• magiclight
    edited March 2017
    Options

Divine..I think I heard your sigh of relief :)

.Isn't it great when you know you made the right decision. Good for you. As I get older, I find myself handing off more work to others and thus freeing myself for what I want to do rather than what I have to do.

• SerenitySTAT
    edited March 2017
    Options

My pup threw up in the middle of the night. Thoughtfully, she jumped off the bed and did the deed on a mat that's easy to clean. Now, if my husband could keep his computer bag zipped up, she wouldn't be able to eat his meeting notes. We are resting now.

Medicating

• glennie19
    edited March 2017
    Options

Took my dog for a short car ride to Home Depot. She so loves the car. Been needing to keep her calm since heartworm treatment, but I thought a short ride and small walk in the store would be ok. she got petted by several people! So it was a nice experience, and still not too taxing for her.

• SerenitySTAT
    edited March 2017
    Options

I love eggs, but until this week, I had never thought to put pesto on hard-cooked eggs. It's delicious! We have pre-made pesto, so it's a quick snack.

• scotbird
    scotbird Member Posts: 592
    edited March 2017
    Options

I went to buy some food for dinner at a posh supermarket I chose some nice stuff, then the guy at the fish counter suddenly decided to give me all my food for free, apparently they can randomly decide to do that as part of their "this one's on us" promotion, so we had a lovely dinner for nothing. It was a bit strange and random, but very nice!

I have not needed any pain killers for sciatica for the last 10 days. That's a big breakthrough for me as Up to now, I've had to take something every day, usually 3 or 4 times. It's great to feel so much better. I've been taking a supplement called Glucosamine for the last month or sobut nothing else.

XX

• divinemrsm
    edited March 2017
    Options

Eggs/pesto sounds like a good combo.

Wow, Scot, you made out like a bandit with free food! Super cool.

Dogs, you gotta love 'em, tho I am a cat person due to they suit our lifestyle. Pets are such great companions and mine keep me grounded.

Today, I started editing some old video tapes I sent into iMemories, converting vhs to disc. I converted a few several years back and then life went in a different direction and I just now got back to it. As time consuming as it is, I have fun watching them.

• magiclight
    edited March 2017
    Options

serenity.. hope your pup did not get into that pesto. I'll try that egg w pesto - a good diet dinner. BTW what is your new visual sign on?

Divine...Looks like the good news is that you are now getting back to those videos and having fun. Yipee!

• SerenitySTAT
    edited March 2017
    Options

ScotBird - Free fancy food and pain free! Woohoo!

Divine - I love dogs. I'm allergic to cats so I stay away, but pets are so good for us.

magic - No pesto for pups. She likes to get into papers and books. Downstairs we had to block off the lower bookshelves after she chewed on some books. My new avatar is for International Women's Day withthe Women's March logo.

• SerenitySTAT
    edited March 2017
    Options

I saw a Matisse exhibit with some of his cutouts. They were huge. Not as big as the backdrops by Chagall though. It was over 20 years ago, so I can't remember if this was one of them.

The King's Sadness by Matisse

• SerenitySTAT
    edited March 2017
    Options

Weather app says it's cloudy, but the sun is out!

• SerenitySTAT
    edited March 2017
    Options

Good to know! Loopy

• scotbird
    scotbird Member Posts: 592
    edited March 2017
    Options

Serenity I loved The Hobbit when I was a child. I must've read it at least 4 or 5 times.

I had a really good day at work today. And I've still had no pain at all! I'm going to babysit my niece's baby (4 month old girl) on Saturday, then I'm looking after a friend's puppy on Sunday and Monday while she is away. My daughter found her cello todaywhich had gone missing for 3weeks (in a cupboard at school). Lot's of lovely slices of joy. X

• SerenitySTAT
    edited March 2017
    Options

ScotBird - I'm so glad she found her cello!

I had physiotherapy today. Making more progress. I'm having less pain, but I'm being extra careful to avoid having another setback.

I love this. Got the CD long before MP3s were around.

• divinemrsm
    edited March 2017
    Options

Haha, love that National Park comment. Being campers, we knew the saying about leaving only footprints, but I love the comical twist.

Haha, how does something big as a cello get misplaced?

Bought a cute little table for my back porch today.. Will paint it and put a pot of annuals on it when the weather warms. When that "house of blight" gets torn down, our house will be more visible from Main Street, so I am sprucing up the porch a bit. We sit out there all summer long. I bought some wooden stars to make a banner, too, for the railing,will paint them red and blue. I like a touch of patriotic colors for the summer.