Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Thin Slices of Joy

Comments

• SerenitySTAT
    SerenitySTAT Member Posts: 3,534
    edited August 2017

Cooking wine = wine I drink while my husband cooks. ThumbsUp

• faith-840
    faith-840 Member Posts: 926
    edited August 2017

I like drinking wine while I cook, too bad I married a man who doesn't cook but he likes to find recipes for me to cook. I'll keep him anyway. It'll be 57 years in October so I can't quit now.🥂😘

Serenity, thanks for keeping this forum going. I know I don't respond often but I am reading and enjoying all your posts. Thank you

• coachvicky
    coachvicky Member Posts: 984
    edited August 2017

Faith840 ...57 years makes him a keeper cook or not! It would too hard to train another one, LOL.

Coach Vicky

• SerenitySTAT
    edited August 2017

Faith - I'm sure your husband does many things for you to have stayed together so long. Congratulations! I also find recipes that I "suggest" to my husband. He thinks it's silly. I do bake though. I'm glad you like my posts. I was afraid I was getting repetitive and boring. :)

• SerenitySTAT
    edited August 2017

Beagle pups are so adorable!

• faith-840
    edited August 2017

Yes, DH is a keeper. He doesn't cook but he can fix just about anything around the house. The only times we had a repairman was for the microwave, stove or frig. He pretty much fixes everything else and takes care of all the yard work too. Guess, I'll keep him.

Serenity, no, notboring, always brings a smile and we all need that.

• SerenitySTAT
    edited August 2017

ThumbsUp

• SerenitySTAT
    edited August 2017

1 year PFC! I miss my straight hair. My hair has wavy ends. Maybe the next haircut will take most of the waves away.

• SerenitySTAT
    edited August 2017

Op Art! I took my glasses off and moved the screen away from me. Then all the bars were parallel.

• coachvicky
    edited August 2017

I have had a great day.

Here is my blog for today:

http://leaderlines.net/i-had-a-mammogram-this-morning/

14 months ago, I could not dream that I would be this happy.

Coach Vicky

• SerenitySTAT
    edited August 2017

Great news, Coach!

I taught my kids to bake. It took great willpower, but I managed to resist eating any of the brownies made recently. I was happy to see the empty container. Whew!

• SerenitySTAT
    edited August 2017

So cute!

• reflect
    reflect Member Posts: 280
    edited August 2017

Happy one year PFC Serenity! Me too, right around now. My new hair is very curly and everyone loves it. It took me awhile to get used to it--it wasn't "me"--but I'm OK with it now, just need to find a cut I like.

Just got back from Jamaica with my daughter. We swam with dolphins :)

• faith-840
    edited August 2017

Congratulations Serenity on your one yearPFC. My hair grew back very curly also but after several haircuts it was the same texture it had been so I'm sure you'll probably have straight hair again one of these days.

• SerenitySTAT
    edited August 2017

reflect - Congratulations on your anniversary! Were you in a pool with the dolphins? They are so graceful. We went on a wild dolphin tour a few years ago where a boat took us to where they think dolphins will be. We were snorkeling, and spinner dolphins swam all around us. They were spinner dolphins, so every so often they would spin in the air.

Faith - Yes, I think my hair will go back to being straight. I think the strands are getting as thick as they used to be. I have a haircut tomorrow.

Got cooking root beer today. Never had it before, but it's yummy. Actually has 5.9% alc./vol. Think my husband has created a monster. I don't drink beer, but this is good. Cheers!

• scotbird
    scotbird Member Posts: 592
    edited August 2017

That just made me realise, I really like my short curly hair (it was longer and straight before chemo). I also really like my post surgery breasts, which are scarred, but smaller, nicely lifted and not at all saggy. Also I'm really pleased that I've lost 20lbs in the last few months, by dieting and exercising. Am I starting to sound a tiny bit vain? I've bought quite a bit of new make up recently too, which I never used to wear much. I find it makes quite a difference to my mood when I wear it. Everyone is used to seeing me with no make up, so I get lots of compliments, which is always nice!

Serenity you are not at all boring your thread is my absolute favourite. Also you helped so much with my hip pain, which is so much better, too. I hope yours is also much improved. Thank you!!! X

• SerenitySTAT
    edited August 2017

ScotBird - Not vain at all! You're appreciating what you have! I still haven't had reconstruction, so I'm not thrilled with what I have, but I don't dwell on it. My sciatica is so much better. I haven't taken a muscle relaxant in over 2 weeks. I'm tapering off Lyrica very slowly. When I exercise, I might have some sciatic pain, but it doesn't last long. I'm glad yours is better as well. Great job on weight loss!

I finally got my hair cut, and I feel better about it. It's growing in straight, and the wavy ends just made it hard to control. The ends kept wanting to curl out. I fixed that by cutting them off! Now the hair at the top needs to catch up. It isn't as thick or healthy as the back.

• faith-840
    edited August 2017

Looks like a great haircut Serenity, nothing like a new haircut and in my case, color, some makeup and some weight loss to make you feel good. I call my haircut and color. "Clip and dip"! Makes me feel like a new person

• SerenitySTAT
    edited August 2017

Faith - "Clip and dip" sounds good! You lost weight, too? Good job!

This dog is unbelievably cute!

• SerenitySTAT
    edited August 2017

Talk about a life well lived.

• SerenitySTAT
    edited August 2017

I'm still surprised how much my sciatica has improved since I started this thread. I can just bend down to pick up something off the floor without worry. I continue doing the nerve flossing for my sciatic and brachial nerves. I've scheduled days off from Lyrica. The pharmacist recommended gradually increasing the number of days without it. Two years ago before BC, a neurologist told me my sciatica was permanent. I'll never see her again!

• SerenitySTAT
    edited August 2017

The Stockdale Paradox has helped me overcome my sciatic pain.

• scotbird
    scotbird Member Posts: 592
    edited August 2017

That's a great one, thanks Serenity.

• SerenitySTAT
    edited August 2017

ScotBird - Stockdale was a prisoner of war. He said optimists were more likely to not survive. So, I try to be realistic, find ways that help me no matter how small, and celebrate progress.

We watched Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them last night. We need Giggle water in real life. It was a good way to end the day.
  • SerenitySTAT
    edited August 2017

Agree.

• everymoment
    everymoment Member Posts: 6,656
    edited August 2017

"almost edible' describes most fruitcake.

• SerenitySTAT
    edited August 2017

Yup, too much dried fruit in fruitcake.

I went into the office today and have been working at home, too. Tired! A friend at work was congested and had a sinus headache. She didn't have any meds, so I pulled out my little bottle of peppermint oil. She applied some on her temples and under her jawline. Within 15 minutes she said her headache was gone and she could breathe! I'm a potions master!
  • SerenitySTAT
    edited August 2017

I was getting a glass of water and mindlessly humming a song. My daughter asked what song I was humming. Had to think about it. Jingle Bells.

Loopy

• SerenitySTAT
    edited August 2017

Whole 30 Diet

Yesterday my husband said he wanted to do it to lose weight. I said I'd do it with him. This is our first time doing it, and today is Day 1! Yeah, no prep time, but why not? Gave me less time to stuff myself with forbidden foods.

29 more days to go...

• coachvicky
    edited August 2017

Best wishes Serenity on yours and your husband's weight loss journey.

My husband committed to better eating with my diagnosis in June 2016. I have lost 50 - 53 pounds and he has lost 80 pounds.

A thin slice of joy is a gluten free cracker these days! Funny, eat one Dorito and I finish the ENTIRE bag. Eat one gluten free cracker and there is no way I can finish a 15 cracker serving.

I found reducing gluten and lowering my carbs really helped with the inflammation I was experiencing. Strange thing is we only eat real food these days. Our worse process foods are American cheese and deli turkey.

Coach Vicky