Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Thin Slices of Joy

Comments

• SerenitySTAT
    SerenitySTAT Member Posts: 3,534
    edited September 2017

• SerenitySTAT
    edited September 2017

This dress is beaded.

• SerenitySTAT
    edited September 2017

The best part of this dress...

Pocket!

• SerenitySTAT
    edited September 2017

Sweater wedding dress or wedding sweater dress?

• everymoment
    everymoment Member Posts: 6,656
    edited September 2017

I'd wear the sweater gown - why be cold!!!

• SerenitySTAT
    edited September 2017

I could sleep in it over the winter! But not today. It was an abnormal 90 here, but the sun felt good.

• everymoment
    edited September 2017

Serenity, glad you can enjoy the sun's warmth. I recall my trip to Montreal in the fall a few years ago and the weather was warm. I love warm fall days and cool nights.

What did you think of the wonder woman video?

• SerenitySTAT
    edited September 2017

magiclight - We embrace the warm, sunny days here. Winter is coming! I love the Wonder Woman video. I had already seen the movie, but I love the bonus features on the disc.

No amount of nerve flossing will make me this flexible.

• everymoment
    edited September 2017

serenity...thanks for the recommendation. My neck hurts just looking at that image.

• SerenitySTAT
    edited September 2017

That's a definite "Don't try this at home" move!

But watch this with audio on.

• SerenitySTAT
    edited September 2017

When I cleaned out my laundry room, I found a container of Dead Sea salts. I woke up this morning and took a long, salty bath. I had my coffee and sang badly to the Moulin Rouge soundtrack. Pup was disturbed. That was fun.

• everymoment
    edited September 2017

Serenity.... AAHHHHH A great start to Friday morning

• SerenitySTAT
    edited September 2017

magiclight - I wish I could start each day that way. Maybe I should try once a week?

Last night the wellness centre had a BBQ to open their Garden of Inspiration. Their backyard was beautiful with a massive porch and gorgeous stonework. I didn't take pictures, but I want to go back for a session and will take pics then. The temperature had dropped, but they had many heat lamps in the gazebo and porch. I haven't been back since I started working full time, and I didn't recognize anyone except some of the staff. Itwas an important part of my recovery, and I wish every one access to a similar place.

• SerenitySTAT
    edited September 2017

• SerenitySTAT
    edited September 2017

I've never been to Europe. I'm seriously considering Norway.

• everymoment
    edited September 2017

Serenity - thinking of the midnight sun in Norway ? Many, many years ago I traveled to North Cape for the Midnight sun. I'd love to visit more of Norway. That photo is a big slice of joy.

• SerenitySTAT
    edited September 2017

magiclight - One of my chemo nurses went on a Norwegian cruise and loved it. She mentioned fjords (a fun word to say), but not the Midnight Sun. Ever since it's been on my mind. I'm not used to going on vacations except to see family. This will take some planning. It won't happen for at least a year. Any suggestions?

• SerenitySTAT
    edited October 2017

Phoenix rising...

• everymoment
    edited October 2017

Serenity, I think you might have some fun this winter when it is cold and gloomy outside to explore travel options. It has been so many years since I did the Finland to Norway tour that I do not recall the company, however, mine was not a cruise. One of the companies I've used several times is Roadscholar.org, but there are many other options - distance - time - activity level - if you want to do it as a cruise. What company did your chemo nurse use?

• SerenitySTAT
    edited October 2017

magiclight - Yes, it will be fun planning! I don't know which company my chemo nurse used. For 16 chemo treatments, I had at least 13 different nurses. She was my last nurse. I don't remember her name, but I have a picture of her. I could probably leave a note at the nurses station. Thanks!

• scotbird
    scotbird Member Posts: 592
    edited October 2017

Hi Serenity, I haven't been back to these boards much recently. I'm feeling so much better! Recovery has been a slow and interesting journey, of which I think I've now completed about 90%.

I had to post because I've had lots of great big servings of joy this week to share with you. First a week ago my new au pair arrived (from Finland) who is going to help out around the house, on Tuesday I had a fun business trip to Barcelona, on Friday it was my baby girl's 12th birthday, then today I dropped my big girl off to start at University, and then went for dinner with my lovely sister. What a week! A year ago I would not have had the energy to do much at all, it's great to have come so far. X

• coachvicky
    coachvicky Member Posts: 984
    edited October 2017

How wonderful ScotBird!

Coach Vicky

• SerenitySTAT
    edited October 2017

ScotBird - Fantastic news! Is the university far? Mentally, I feel 99% recovered. Physically, I'm about 60% above the waist and 150% below the waist! My left arm has a ways to go still, but overall, I'm good. My recovery had a slow start, but it's going in the right direction.

• SerenitySTAT
    edited October 2017

My daughter is an undergrad and was just offered an assistantship next semester!

• SerenitySTAT
    edited October 2017

I almost feel bad for laughing. Almost.

• scotbird
    scotbird Member Posts: 592
    edited October 2017

Hi Serenity, what's the story with the 150% below the waist, and 60% above? Is the left arm thing a lymphedema thing? Anyways, 99% mentally recovered is fantastic! You are so funny, I love the precision by body part!

The university is a 7-8 hour drive, but I don't mind. Term is very short, just 9 weeks so she'll be home about a half of the time.

Also texting with her is usually a daily event! X

• SerenitySTAT
    edited October 2017

Hi ScotBird - The breakdown is more informative than overall recovery! Yes, lymphedema is still an issue. Since I've been working longer hours, I've neglected my arm, and the lymphedema resurfaced. So, I can't do pushups like I used to do. On the other hand, my sciatica has lessened so much that I'm better than before. Mentally, I feel like I'm able to work like I did. Right now I'm having trouble taking it easy at work. I'm enjoying it again. Just a few months ago, I was wondering if I'd be able to work at all.

Nine-week sessions are very short! It's an exciting time for your daughter.

A friend of a friend is learning Reiki and needed to practice on volunteers. I went this afternoon. It was really nice plus her apartment is near the lake. You can see the water from her place, and the breeze felt wonderful.

I'm down 9 lbs. from before I started the Whole 30! Not bad considering I didn't make it the whole month. I wouldn't mind losing about 5 more pounds, but exercise will be my focus.

• SerenitySTAT
    edited October 2017

Busy week. I had a great meeting downtown where we presented my idea from a few weeks ago. Just needs a few small tweaks, and it's done! My feet hurt when I came home. Not sure exactly how FitBit tracks floors. It said I climbed 17 floors that day. It felt more like 6.

This is a fine tip and a good looking cake.

• everymoment
    edited October 2017

Great advice Serenity!

• SerenitySTAT
    edited October 2017

magiclight - I'm an efficient cake eater! Loopy

Last night my husband and I went to dinner at a real sushi restaurant. We usually get inexpensive sushi on Friday nights, so this was a treat. It was our first time there, and everything looked good. We ordered the chef's choice sushi platter for two and were happily surprised. Our waiter pointed out the toro tuna was very special. Wow, it was so tender! I'm sure we'll be back for more.