Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Thin Slices of Joy

Comments

• Joyseeker
    Joyseeker Member Posts: 247
    edited October 2017

I swept my daughters stall st the barn this morning. Boot cast and all. I feel like I did something!

• Teese
    Teese Member Posts: 355
    edited October 2017

Beautiful pic TSue

My slice of joy:

Final Chemo Today! I've been smiling nonstop since I woke up. Yippee!!

• PauletteK
    PauletteK Member Posts: 1,279
    edited October 2017

So happy for you Teese!!! Just for you

• Teese
    edited October 2017

Thanks Paulette, I love roses!!

• SerenitySTAT
    SerenitySTAT Member Posts: 3,534
    edited October 2017

ScotBird - Dogs are so good!

T-Sue - Welcome! I love that view!

Joyseeker - Nice job!

Teese - Congratulations! That's a big accomplishment! Some bubbly to go with the roses....

• Teese
    edited October 2017

Serenity, Love it, thanks

• SerenitySTAT
    edited October 2017

I just went around the house to give everyone a kiss. Started with the pup, of course. Heart

• SerenitySTAT
    edited October 2017

Yes, look up! Yesterday I waited for my husband to pick me up from the office. I looked up to appreciate the sunny sky.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/photography/pho...

• Joyseeker
    edited October 2017

We have had the most beautiful sunsets and sunrises this fall. I’ll try to snap a picture. I start chemotherapy tomorrow. I’m terrified. I’ve planned a day of pampering. Pedicure, float therapy then an energy balancing session.

• Teese
    edited October 2017

Joy seeker, excellent plan for today, enjoy! Be gentle with yourself as you have low days. There will also be plenty of good days, make the most of them, and also ho hum days that you can make into good days. Prayers said that this time passes quickly for you

• SerenitySTAT
    edited October 2017

Joyseeker - Keep pampering yourself. Throughout chemo, I had a weekly salty bath and then painted my nails. Hope today goes smoothly for you.

• glennie19
    glennie19 Member Posts: 4,833
    edited October 2017

Well, I was a couple of pages behind. Welcome to all the new people!! It is exciting to see all these positive posts!!

I'm happy that the weather in FL has cooled off! It was 45F today! Feeling like fall!! the pup is quite frisky. Looking like we will have a cool Halloween. I love hoodie weather.

• Teese
    edited October 2017

Yes indeed, a nice brisk fall day is the best. It's been so warm that our trees hadn't even begun to change colors till just the last couple days.

Today I can see a faint blush starting. Yippee! I woke up to 49 degrees and wore a sweater to my appointment. Yay!

Time to make a batch of chili for the freezer I think.

• scotbird
    scotbird Member Posts: 592
    edited October 2017

Joyseeker keep up with the pampering. I had weekly reflexology sessions during chemo, which I loved. Also just take it easy, drink lots of water, rest and try to have a lovely walk in fresh air every day if you can. I found myself appreciating nature, sunshine, trees, more than ever after starting treatment. Also it's really nice to justbe getting on with it. Cancer be gone! X

• SerenitySTAT
    edited October 2017

glennie - I've got my hoodie on!

Teese - I love chili. Yum!

ScotBird - Reflexology felt so good.

Chilly out. Time for the heated seats!

Went to pick up a late dinner at Five Guys. I love the music they play. Noticed I wasn't the only one. There was another customer who was singing along (couldn't hear him though). He had a huge smile on his face.

• SerenitySTAT
    edited October 2017

These are good tips for all tough days.

• PauletteK
    edited October 2017

One of my friend doggie who posted on FB. Have a Wonderful weekend.

• Joyseeker
    edited October 2017

Joy Slice. Three no nausea first days of chemo. Big joy. I’m terrified of throwing up 🤢

• PauletteK
    edited October 2017

Joy stay on top of the meds it helps

• Teese
    edited October 2017

Trying to nap and one of us can't seem to be still.

• Joyseeker
    edited October 2017

Joy is no nausea. How do I battle the fatigue? Cute kitty

• Teese
    edited October 2017

Joy, for me being as active as I could really fought off the fatigue. Even on my worst days I walked for 30 min. I know it makes no sense but rest doesn't help chemo fatigue. I had fairly easy SE and I think a lot of it was due to keeping moving when I could

• grandma3X
    grandma3X Member Posts: 297
    edited October 2017

love the puppy and kitty pics!

Out of the blue today I was offered a promotion :) Not sure I'll take it since I love my current job, but it's nice to know that my boss has confidence n my abilitiy to take on new responsibilities. It was a real morale booster :)

Joy - I'm thinking of you and sending good anti-nausea thoughts your way! I agree - I would take fatigue over nausea any day.

• SerenitySTAT
    edited October 2017

Paulette - Adorable pup!

Joyseeker - No nausea is great news! My main side effects from chemo were fatigue and hair loss. I had no vomiting at all. Neuropathy lasted only a few weeks. Keep up your liquids and minerals. I loved the broth from pho. I also would eat a tablespoon of blackstrap molasses. Prunes are your friend (just don't eat too many at once). And chocolate.

Teese - Hard to resist that cuteness!

Grandma - An offer of promotion is fantastic even if you don't take it. Congratulations!

I haven't been posting much. Busy at work and home. My kitchen has been gutted! Pup is so unhappy. I told her the workers would put in a new kitchen, but it will be a few weeks. Cannot wait!

• Joyseeker
    edited October 2017

Thankd for the advice beautiful ladies. Yes. Napping doesn’t help. But sunshine might. Here’s my joy....image

• T-Sue
    T-Sue Member Posts: 207
    edited October 2017

Congrats on finishing your first chemo Joy! I agree that walking daily was a HUGE help in battling fatigue. I also think that doubling water intake helps flush you out and making sure you have healthy snacks to grab to keep yourself well-fueled. One last bit of advice, do whatever it takes to get a full night's sleep.

• PauletteK
    edited October 2017

Hi T- Sue, I agreed having a good night sleep helps. When I do AC I didn’t sleep well. However taxol makes my body more tired and I slept better.

I’m trying to figure to find some joy to share, need to check around.

• SerenitySTAT
    edited October 2017

Joyseeker - That's the best medicine!

T-Sue - Great advice!

Paulette - It's hard to find joy during chemo. Even water doesn't taste good. Here are good moments that I remember:

1) I was losing too much weight, so I really enjoyed having a milkshake (frequently).

2) Getting extra cuddles from my pup.

3) Taking a break from work.

4) My kids did more housework (and still do!)

5) Looking up to see the sky whenever I was out.

6) Walking around the hospital to see the art work.

7) Going to the gift shop in the pediatric section and hearing children laughing.

8) Not feeling guilty about binge watching any shows.

9) I admit I felt pretty good after my mastectomy because the pain meds got rid of all my sciatic pain. The pain and aches from my cancer treatments are nothing compared to the pain from sciatica. I felt a little sadness when I ran out of the opiates.

Come to think of it, I'm very glad I didn't become addicted to drugs. I can understand how easily it could happen.

• PauletteK
    edited October 2017

Yep it’s tough to find joy during chemo I’m counting each days and hoping the end of the tunnel is coming fast. Here is another picture of my baby enjoyed the sun.

• SerenitySTAT
    edited October 2017

Stylish dog, Paulette!

I love this so much!