Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Thin Slices of Joy

Comments

• Teese
    Teese Member Posts: 355
    edited October 2017

imageThis is one of two brothers, Charlie, and he's my cuddle bunny. I love it now that the weather is cooler and he sits with me more.

Joy seeker, your pup is a sweetie

• jojobird
    jojobird Member Posts: 99
    edited October 2017

Teese - LOVE the kitty! Charlie looks like such the cuddler. Our pets - dogs or cats - sure do buoy us.

SerenitySTAT - Those cookies/cakes remind me of my food magazines. I subscribe to Taste of Home and while I don't cook as many of the recipes as I used to, I love to look at the pictures and imagine cooking/eating them.

Joyseeker - your dog is absolute bliss. What a gem.

Scotbird - we LOVE Game of Thrones at our house, and can't wait for the next season as well. I think next spring is the last one, no?

Today's thin slices so far:

* Waking up later than a work day

* Coffee

* Cleaner air (I'm in the CA area near the fires, and we've been forced inside the last few days)

* Running

* Seeing apples on our tree, ready to be picked and made into a crisp

* This board, your kindnesses

* My kitty

Have a wonderful day everyone.

• SerenitySTAT
    SerenitySTAT Member Posts: 3,534
    edited October 2017

Teese - Nice cuddler!

Jojobird - I love to look! Can't eat everything I see or I'd be 3 sizes bigger! I hope you are safe from the fires.

I haven't been sleeping well for the past few days. Took a nice nap earlier and felt better. Woke up to the soothing sound of rain.

• SerenitySTAT
    edited October 2017

Chilly morning today. Pulled out a flannel hoodie to get cozy while I worked.

This is joy!

• PauletteK
    PauletteK Member Posts: 1,279
    edited October 2017

Teese told me about this thread and I started to follow it daily.

• Joyseeker
    Joyseeker Member Posts: 247
    edited October 2017

Knit, knit, knit. Soothes a worried mind and heart.

• bright55
    bright55 Member Posts: 146
    edited October 2017

hi all

Big slice of joy just visited the deck..very melodious king parrot..wanted me to put down feed

tthe garden has many native birds which love the flowering native shrubs i only have bird bath for water...no feeders cheers bright

• Joyseeker
    edited October 2017

Bright55 - Beautiful! Here in Southen Alberta I have "trained" bluejays (well they have trained me) They come to my deck and squawk and look at me through the window until I put peanuts out. I'll try to snap a pic :)

• Teese
    edited October 2017

OMGosh, bright, what a beautiful sight to find on your deck, I have many songbirds, but that is unbelievable. If I looked out and saw such a thing I'd go nuts!

Paulette, glad to see you here

Woke to the sound of the heater clicking on, so cozy, I do love the chill in the air

• celiac
    celiac Member Posts: 1,260
    edited October 2017

Beautiful bird!

• SerenitySTAT
    edited October 2017

Paulette - Welcome! Hope you're able to find your thin slice of joy.

Joyseeker - That is beautiful! What will it be?

Bright55 - Wow! Gorgeous bird! Does he come by often?

Only activity outside my place were the landscapers. Pup likes to watch them work.

My husband cooked wings on the grill. I loved the sizzling sound when he brought them in the house.

This looks so cool!

• PauletteK
    edited October 2017

I need to add my baby picture

• SerenitySTAT
    edited October 2017

My daughter at 21 was carded at the liquor store recently (drinking age is 18 here). I told her I was carded into my 30s. She said she would card me now saying she was told to card anyone who looks under 25. Apparently in my flannel hoodie, I look like a teenager. I'm going to need more flannel hoodies.

• SerenitySTAT
    edited October 2017

Paulette - That's adorable!

• Teese
    edited October 2017

Serenity that octopus is beautiful, I'm an avid Shellerand anything from the sea is fascinating.

Paulette, I was going to ask you to post a pick of your baby, what's his/her name?

Found joy last night when I was able to sleep under a couple blankets, it got cool enough outside the temp in the house finally dropped into the low 60's, yay!!

• SerenitySTAT
    edited October 2017

Teese - I love the sea as well. Low 60s in your house? Where do you live? I'm still in the low 70s.

I had a roommate who loved a-ha. This unplugged version of Take On Me is better than the original.

• SerenitySTAT
    edited October 2017

I never rise and shine.

• Joyseeker
    edited October 2017

Serenity - Socks! I love knitting socks. Portable and the projects don't last too long so I can try all sorts of beautiful yarn.

Some joy this morning as the lease where we have our cattle called. A pair that was missing during the original round up was in the catch pen. A neighbor is going to bring them home for us.

I finally have my treatment plan and feel hopeful I can do it. I slept last night. First time in three months.

Our cows.

• Teese
    edited October 2017

Joy, beautiful picture of your pasture. Glad they found the unaccounted for cattle, a big relief I'm sure.

Serenity, the "rise and shine" made me lol. For some ridiculous reason I made a 8am appt with the RO today. When the alarm went off at 6am I thought to myself that I must have been nuts the day I did this. I hate early mornings now that I'm retired.

My sister is coming for the weekend, we're going to celebrate as m last chemo is Monday. Yippie!

• SerenitySTAT
    edited October 2017

Joyseeker - You have excellent taste in yarn. ;) It matches a sweater I bought for my husband. Glad your cows are safe. I've actually run into a cow while driving a minivan. It was very dark, and the cow (all brown) was in the middle of the road facing away from me. I didn't see it until it turned its head towards me and I saw the whites of its eyes. I couldn't stop in time, and there was no shoulder to get around it. I hit it. Fortunately, the cow walked away. Damage was only to the van and my sanity. I wish you have minimal side effects.

Teese - I'm not a morning person at all! I try to avoid any appointments before 9 AM. Completing chemo is a great time to celebrate! Enjoy your visit with your sister!

I needed some information and sent an email to the address given. I received an auto-response email stating this person is out of the office until 01/01/2500. What? I'm certain we all will be long dead by then. I may use that for the next time I'm away.

• SerenitySTAT
    edited October 2017
  • scotbird
    scotbird Member Posts: 592
    edited October 2017

Just back from a lovely few days in Paris. My DH was there for work, so I tagged along and did lots of sightseeing and eating with DD3 and her friend. The weather was beautiful too, and only thing we missed at home was hurricane Ophelia which was lashing Scotland and Ireland this week.

Home nowfor a calm and relaxing weekend. Thinking I need to go back to my alternate day fasting for a few weeks!

X

• PauletteK
    edited October 2017

Will be back 01/01/2500 Serenity? Might as well stay away 😂😂😂

Since I have BC my body just moves slow, I get up early in the morning just can’t get my acts together fast. I missed the old me!

• Joyseeker
    edited October 2017

Watching this child ride is joy. Summer. Libby and Julie looking stunning. This shot makes me smile inside 💜image

• SerenitySTAT
    edited October 2017

ScotBird - Glad you weren't affected by the hurricane. Good luck with the alternate day fasting. I do intermittent fasting most days.

Paulette - You're still in chemo, right? Drink lots of liquids. Recovery takes time. Everyone is different, but for me, it took a year to feel mentally back. My physical energy is not back at 100%, but it's close. Sleeping better would help.

Joyseeker - Great picture!

• SerenitySTAT
    edited October 2017

Yup!

• SerenitySTAT
    edited October 2017

Happy Sunday!

• PauletteK
    edited October 2017

good morning ladies, happy Sunday! Yes I still have six more taxol to do and I’m hoping I can complete it. Not pushing it whatever I can do I accept it.

• scotbird
    scotbird Member Posts: 592
    edited October 2017

Aw Paulette chemo is really hard work but you'll be fine, it just takes time and patience. Keep finding the joys. Love the dog picture Serenity. I love my dog soooo much! X

• T-Sue
    T-Sue Member Posts: 207
    edited October 2017

Hi, I've been lurking here awhile and have really enjoyed your focus on gratitude and your wonderful pics. Thought I would say hello and post my slice of joy from this weekend: a terrific view of Lake Tahoe from a hike where I lasted two hours (a personal best for me since my mayhem began this past March).