Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Thin Slices of Joy

Comments

• scotbird
    scotbird Member Posts: 592
    edited November 2019

Hurrah for completing the form filling. I hate that job too. Feels great when it’s done though. Joy today was having my hair cut in a new style for the winter. I’m looking forward to getting out my Christmas decorations at the weekend. X

• SerenitySTAT
    SerenitySTAT Member Posts: 3,534
    edited December 2019

ScotBird - I just got my hair cut too! I should do it more often.

The birthday party was fun. My friend is the opposite of me. I'm so thankful I overcame my introversion and introduced myself to her when our kids went to their first day at a new school. I noticed our kids had the same Kim Possible backpacks. We've all been friends since then.

I really dislike brussel sprouts. Today I made brussel sprout chips and happily ate a bowlful.

Also, dancing to Carlos Santana beats feeling down from the gloomy weather and helps prepping the sprout chips.

• SerenitySTAT
    edited December 2019

I love gin, but I haven't had any for some time. My husband has been buying a Quebec gin. I prefer Hendricks, but the main reason I don't drink it is that it's yellow. Just can't.

But I would drink it for this reason.

• Karen2019
    Karen2019 Member Posts: 58
    edited December 2019

I've had a horrible cold since last Wednesday. Combined with minor chemo SEs, it knocked me flat until yesterday afternoon. But out of what seemed like nowhere yesterday, almost everything lifted and I could breathe again. It literally felt like the universe went "ahhhhhhh" just like in cartoons, and I was sooooo hugely happy and grateful! It's amazing how just feeling physically "normal" can be great!

• santabarbarian
    santabarbarian Member Posts: 2,311
    edited December 2019

AGREE. For me, recently just noticing, "Hey its 10:15 pm and I still have energy." Wow, I am so thankful for this. One year PFC this week!

• Gamb
    Gamb Member Posts: 570
    edited December 2019

santabarbarbian, that's so awesome, thank you for still coming back here and letting us know the good stuff.

• SerenitySTAT
    edited December 2019

Karen2019 - I know that feeling! Hope the rest of your chemo is uneventful and over soon.

santabarbarian - Great milestone! It's been about 4 years since my mastectomy, 3 years since finishing chemo/rads, and over 2 years without chronic sciatica. Still fasting regularly.

Gamb - Good luck with your remaining treatments. Hope you have minimal side effects.

Loved Knives Out! Great cast and story. Plus the Chris Evans sweater wows! Just go see it. ThumbsUp

• SerenitySTAT
    edited December 2019

Time for bangs!

• SerenitySTAT
    edited December 2019

• SerenitySTAT
    edited December 2019

• SerenitySTAT
    edited December 2019

I had to go pick up a package because the shipping company made a mistake with my address. Still miffed about that. Good thing is that I used the navigation on my phone. It actually guided me so well that I avoided an accident, construction, and heavy traffic. Hate driving in Montreal.

• SerenitySTAT
    edited December 2019

Went to a show Saturday night. Then had our after-show desserts. Mine was a hazelnut trifle. There were some fudgy brownies at the bottom. It was most delicious, and I ate it all!

• Gamb
    edited December 2019

yum sounds and looks so good!!!

• SerenitySTAT
    edited December 2019

It was so good. Extra joy that I weigh less this week than pre-trifle last week. We've been having lots of homemade soup.

• SerenitySTAT
    edited December 2019

My husband texted this to a group chat with our 2 kids and me:

I reminded him that he is the first child as well.

Loopy

• SerenitySTAT
    edited December 2019

Put the tree up. Had to polish a few silver ornaments. Shiny!

• Gamb
    edited December 2019

Beautiful

• SerenitySTAT
    edited December 2019

Thanks, Gamb. We were away last Christmas and didn't put the tree up. I definitely prefer to stay home.

• SerenitySTAT
    edited December 2019

The alligator made it home without getting caught for jaywalking. ;)

https://twitter.com/mayssamaha/status/120627708425...

• santabarbarian
    edited December 2019

Serenity my son is a McGill student - he sent me the same thing!

• SerenitySTAT
    edited December 2019

That tweet is definitely getting around. It is warmer than average, but we're nowhere near gator weather. So, not a normal sighting.

It's great your son is here. What year? My older daughter is finishing her masters.

• santabarbarian
    edited December 2019

My son is finishing this week! I love Montreal -- it has been a great place for him. I have loved visiting there!

• SerenitySTAT
    edited December 2019

Exciting time! Congratulations to him!

• SerenitySTAT
    edited December 2019

Four years since mastectomy. I’m fine.

Sometimes I’m better than fine.

• SerenitySTAT
    edited December 2019

I made Lemon Cranberry mini loaves. I had to test out new mini loaf pans. They passed the test.

• celiac
    celiac Member Posts: 1,260
    edited December 2019

Lake Erie, near Buffalo, NY - The winter solstice. "There are magical moments in the yearly cycle. . . . One is the winter solstice, the turning point between a declining and an ascending sun. It's a moment of death in nature, and a moment when everything is reborn." — Thomas Berry

Image may contain: ocean, twilight, sky, outdoor, water and nature

• SerenitySTAT
    edited December 2019

That's beautiful, Celia. Picture and quote.

Wishing peace to all this season.

• SerenitySTAT
    edited December 2019
  • scotbird
    scotbird Member Posts: 592
    edited December 2019

I asked my family to learn a poem by heart instead of buying me gifts for Christmas. My eldest daughter chose this one by Langston Hughes.

Hold fast to dreams

For if dreams die

Life is a broken winged bird

That cannot fly.

Hold fast to dreams

For when dreams go

Life is a barren field

Frozen with snow

• celiac
    celiac Member Posts: 1,260
    edited January 2020

Serenity - Thanks for the info on the vagus nerve - who knew? ScotBird - Lovely present and lovely poem Happy New Year & New Decade! Here is my contribution to Thin Slices of Joy for 1 Jan 2020.

Image may contain: sky, ocean, cloud, outdoor, nature and water