Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Thin Slices of Joy

Comments

• santabarbarian
    santabarbarian Member Posts: 2,311
    edited January 2020

gorgeous photo!

• celiac
    celiac Member Posts: 1,260
    edited January 2020

santabarbarian - Glad you liked the photo. It was posted by a friend of mine who lives on the shores of Lake Erie, near Buffalo, NY. If you are on Facebook, go to the Sunset-SkyDiaries Page to see many more, many of which include inspirational "quotes".

• SerenitySTAT
    SerenitySTAT Member Posts: 3,534
    edited January 2020

ScotBird - Great idea for a gift. I asked for chocolate. ;)

Celia - Beautiful photo! I love the water.

Happy New Year! Hope your holidays were peaceful.

I was very happy to stay home for the holidays. We did our holiday baking/eating. We went to a New Year's Eve party that was perfectly low key. We played games the whole evening. It was great that during Pictionary my husband correctly guessed my drawing of Siberia. To everyone else it was a blob.

I just completed my first round of Ibrance and Xgeva. Been trying to manage the side effects. At least they aren't as bad as chemo. My CA 15-3 continues to drop. These are expensive meds, but fortunately, the costs are covered completely by my private insurance and Pfizer. I do charge 80% to my credit card, but the pharmacy waits for payment until after I receive the funds from the insurance company. That's a lot of points. Yup, thin slice of joy.

• santabarbarian
    edited January 2020

Way to see the bright side!

• celiac
    celiac Member Posts: 1,260
    edited January 2020

Serenity - Glad you enjoyed the pic. Gentle hugs and healing thoughts to you in re: treatments. I also use my "miles" credit card for property taxes, insurance premiums, co-pays, etc. as much as I can, might as well accumulate those miles for travel. Puts a good spin on bill paying.

• SerenitySTAT
    edited January 2020

I used points to spend 2 weeks in Europe 2 years ago! The co-pay is more than twice our usual monthly credit card bill (paid in full each month). I think my next trip will be sooner than later. :)

Celia - Thanks for the healing thoughts! I had a rash start last week. I took an extra salty bath yesterday. Seems to be improving today.

My older daughter came home from a trip last week with a cold. Amazingly no one else caught it. I've been running a diffuser with eucalyptus oil. Maybe that helped.

• SerenitySTAT
    edited January 2020

I'm going to tell my kids I'm healing myself next time they tell me I'm playing my music too loud. :;

https://montrealgazette.com/entertainment/movies/your-brain-loves-music-montreal-doc-shows-healing-power-of-song

• LJDH0709
    LJDH0709 Member Posts: 19
    edited January 2020

Serenity

my thin slice of joy...my 2 dogs love to be sung to. I brought them up singing to them and playing all kinds of music, classical guitar, folk, jazz, even zydeco ( they love zydeco ...tails wag like crazy...they leave the room when the jazz starts LOL). When I sing and play piano, they both come running into the room and sit down stretch out and

relax. One usually sits right under my piano bench. My thin slice of joy

• SerenitySTAT
    edited January 2020

LJDH0709 - I love zydeco and jazz! Your dogs are lucky to have you. While I love to sing, my babies and pup each covered my mouth whenever I tried. :) At least no one has tried to stop my dancing.

Joys:

Star Trek Picard premiere was awesome!

For my daughter's birthday I made a german chocolate cheesecake in the instant pot. I use a 6-in pan. It's so cute. The small size keeps us from having dessert all week. Better for the waist line.

• SerenitySTAT
    edited January 2020

The cheesecake was excellent! My husband scarfed the leftover frosting. I’ve been eating the leftover ganache a spoonful at a time. It’s a lazy truffle. Yum!

• SerenitySTAT
    edited February 2020

We had to take the bus back from the hospital today (TM down again!) It was a new bus with a new bus smell. We also noticed it has air conditioning. Yes! Don't need it now, but bus rides in the summer can be unpleasant. To conserve fuel, the engine stops automatically when holding the brakes. Our car does the same. Engine restarts when you push the gas pedal.

• scotbird
    scotbird Member Posts: 592
    edited February 2020

Good to know the TMs are lower Serenity. I met someone today who might want to offer me a new job much closer to where I live. That would be joyous as I hate my long commute.

• SerenitySTAT
    edited February 2020

ScotBird - Hope you get the new job! I used to work downtown with an almost 1.5-hr commute one way. I took a consulting job with an office that's 20 minutes away, but I worked from home almost all the time. The commute is much better. ;)

• SerenitySTAT
    edited February 2020

I'm very happy that I've never had a Facebook account.

https://trib.al/IqNEOsM

• santabarbarian
    edited February 2020

Me neither, hear hear!!

• SerenitySTAT
    edited February 2020

ThumbsUp

• SerenitySTAT
    edited February 2020

Wish I were there! Will settle for my own kitchen.

• SerenitySTAT
    edited February 2020

I couldn’t see the snow moon last night due to cloudy skies. Tonight the moon was big and bright, but this photo is awesome.

• Gamb
    Gamb Member Posts: 570
    edited February 2020

Absolutely beautiful picture. Thanks for sharing

• SerenitySTAT
    edited February 2020

He has a website with more amazing images and videos!

https://www.davidmccolm.com/

• SerenitySTAT
    edited February 2020

Vimeo link won’t show. That site has beautiful videos.

• SerenitySTAT
    edited February 2020

I missed my weekly briny bath last weekend. Entertainment today was listening to The Zombies.

• SerenitySTAT
    edited February 2020

We haven't been watching Doctor Who since Matt Smith left. Romanticist daughter wanted to watch the latest episode set in Lake Geneva, Switzerland. That was a place we visited during her literary pilgrimage a few years ago. The show was well researched. My daughter was pleased.

"Save the poet, save the universe."

• Gamb
    edited February 2020

Hey all, I spent 40 minutes watching two squirrels run up and down a huge tree and then run in circles around the tree to the top. They were having a blast and it was absolutely beautiful and funny watching them play.

• scotbird
    edited February 2020

Celebrating my middle child’s 16th birthday today. She is my quiet one and so sweet andlovely - I can hardly believe it’s been 16 years. Feels like a big milestone.

• scotbird
    edited February 2020

Worked from home today and decided to just stay in bed and work there. It was bliss and I also got some work done

• moth
    moth Member Posts: 3,293
    edited February 2020

I went on a ferry ride yesterday for no reason other than just to get out on the ocean and see some distant horizon and the sun sparkling on the ripples of the pacific. 2hrs there & 2hrs back on the beautiful west coast. a poor person's cruise lol.

• SerenitySTAT
    edited February 2020

Gamb - Watching animals playing is one of the best things!

ScotBird - I prefer working from home. There are too many distractions at the office. The kids grow up so quickly. My kids are now young adults. I’m so proud of them.

moth - I've never been on a cruise, but I have been on a sailboat for 6 weeks. The open water is the best part. You should do it more often at such a bargain price.

The sun is shining. I like to face it with my eyes closed. It feels like the sunlight is filling me with healing energy. Maybe. Maybe not. It does feel good.

• SerenitySTAT
    edited February 2020

My husband received this today at his office. He's bringing it home. Heart

• Gamb
    edited February 2020

So amazingly beautiful Serenity. I love it