Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Thin Slices of Joy

Comments

• SerenitySTAT
    SerenitySTAT Member Posts: 3,534
    edited April 2020

R.E.M.'s Michael Stipe sings new song "No Time For Love Like Now" from home

Beautiful cover and video

ThumbsUp

• scotbird
    scotbird Member Posts: 592
    edited April 2020

Hi Serenity, sorry to hear about anxiety, Santabarbarian sorry to hear about your dad. Sad times.

I have a really annoying, difficult next door neighbour. He is usually always complaining about everything - my household is noisy, we park too near his gate etc. He sent me a text with a smily face today and said he is looking forward to having a glass of wine with me “when this is all over”.

Look for the joys!

XX

• Yogatyme
    Yogatyme Member Posts: 1,793
    edited April 2020

Scot, what a nice turn in the relationship w your neighbor. Hopefully, more kindness will come out of this terrible pandemic. It certainly has caused most of us to reevaluate our priorities

• SerenitySTAT
    edited April 2020

ScotBird - That’s good to hear!

I do see more people walking. :)

• Yogatyme
    edited April 2020

No kidding, serenity!!

• SerenitySTAT
    edited April 2020

Game of Bones! ThumbsUp

• SerenitySTAT
    edited April 2020

Have a Lovely Day. Stay home and stay safe.

• scotbird
    scotbird Member Posts: 592
    edited April 2020

Happy Easter holiday! We are allowed out once a day for exercise. We went cycling and managed 19km round our local park! It was really fun.

• santabarbarian
    santabarbarian Member Posts: 2,311
    edited April 2020

When I was gone caring for my Dad, my cats fell totally in love w my son & vice versa. Now we are both in love with the cats.

• SerenitySTAT
    edited April 2020

Happy Easter!

• celiac
    celiac Member Posts: 1,260
    edited April 2020

Serenity - DH and I finished our Easter Sunday lunch (really our main meal) in time to catch this on YouTube at 1pm EST. His voice is lovely as always.

What a shocker to see the empty streets of London (DH is from London) Paris and New York City (where our DD lives). I was unable to make it through his rendition of Ave Maria without shedding a few tears.

• SerenitySTAT
    edited April 2020

His voice is beautiful. Strange to see him with white hair. When did that happen?

The empty streets are weird to see. I've never been to London, but I was in Paris and NYC this past year. Montreal is mostly empty as well.

Hope your DD stays safe.

• SerenitySTAT
    edited April 2020

I've posted this before. Here it is again.

• SerenitySTAT
    edited April 2020

• Yogatyme
    edited April 2020

Serenity, one of my all time favorite quotes.

• kayak2
    kayak2 Member Posts: 9,028
    edited April 2020

One of my favs too! It was sent to me during my cancer journey 9 years ago, and I found it very comforting during that time too. Thanks for posting it Serenity!

• celiac
    edited April 2020

An inspirational message from an email I received (from a prominent MO in our community): "When there is no wind to power our sails, we row. In the coming months, the wind will return to fill our sails again . . . but until then, we row."

• SerenitySTAT
    edited April 2020

Leonard Cohen has made an impression.

Celia - That's a good message.

• SerenitySTAT
    edited April 2020

Whoa.

• SerenitySTAT
    edited April 2020

Awww. They left IOUs.

• celiac
    edited April 2020

"When you come out of the storm, you won't be the same person who walked in. That's what this storm's all about." ― Haruki Murakami

Image may contain: sky, cloud, ocean, outdoor, nature and water

• SerenitySTAT
    edited April 2020

• SerenitySTAT
    edited April 2020

Clever girl!

• SerenitySTAT
    edited April 2020

No hard pants here.

• moth
    moth Member Posts: 3,293
    edited April 2020

I got a packet of tall sunflower seeds online & dh is going to plant them all around our house & I've even talked him into planting them all through the perennial garden in the front of the house & I think it will make everyone smile because you can't look at sunflowers and not smile. It's making me happy already thinking about it

• santabarbarian
    edited April 2020

I made the no-knead bread you posted: FANTASTIC. it came out just right. Fun!!

• SerenitySTAT
    edited April 2020

moth - Our first house backed up to a trail lined by wild sunflowers. We had a very private pup who would go into the fields to poop. She had to change her ways when her first winter came. Enjoy the flowers! I think we'll have more herbs and a few tomato plants this summer.

santabarbarian - I made a fresh loaf this morning, and it's almost gone! It's so ridiculously easy that I'm too lazy to make any other bread. Glad you like!

• santabarbarian
    edited April 2020

I texted a photo of it to a group of 8 friends, and said 'I'm developing new skills that you will benefit from very soon." 4 other people texted pics of the breads THEY have been making!

• SerenitySTAT
    edited April 2020

That's so great! I've baked bread for years. It's nice to see others having fun with it.

• SerenitySTAT
    edited April 2020

I made this over a year ago. It was good, but far too much work. Regular cinnamon rolls are just as tasty.