Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Thin Slices of Joy

Comments

• SerenitySTAT
    SerenitySTAT Member Posts: 3,534
    edited January 2021

• SerenitySTAT
    edited January 2021

I love Cher and Andy Garcia!

• SerenitySTAT
    edited January 2021

Hope everybody has somebody to lean on.

• minustwo
    minustwo Member Posts: 13,264
    edited January 2021

the best part about your clips... I don't get sucked into the other "mentions" on the side of a you tube I've found and spend the next 3 hours going down several rabbit holes. Not to mention that I don't know (or remember) some of the groups and I like new things. Thanks

• SerenitySTAT
    edited January 2021

I know what you mean. I turned off autoplay so I go exactly where I want.

Sometimes I get a song in my head and come across different renditions. Then I listen to see if I like them.

k.d. lang may have the best version of Hallelujah.

• SerenitySTAT
    edited January 2021

😎

• BevJen
    BevJen Member Posts: 2,341
    edited January 2021

Love Dionne Warwick. And love Dionne Warwick singing a Burt Bacharach song! Thanks for posting.

• minustwo
    edited January 2021

And I made a trips to San Jose in the 60s when this was released!!! And got talked into trying a "Grasshopper" in a local bar. For sure NO Silicon Valley.

• SerenitySTAT
    edited January 2021

BevJen - She is a force of good!

Minus - I love music that brings back great memories. 👍

Just k.d. lang and Tony Bennett. ❤️

• minustwo
    edited January 2021

Love Blue Velvet. Surprised to see that Tony doesn't know the words - but still a velvet voice

• SerenitySTAT
    edited January 2021

Don't think anyone would tell him he got the words wrong. Or he likes his way better. 😁

Hamilton + Sara Bareilles = 🥰🎶❤️

• SerenitySTAT
    edited January 2021

I just read my posts when I first started this thread. I was more clever then. 😒

• yesiamadragon
    yesiamadragon Member Posts: 343
    edited January 2021

Not sure I agree with more clever then, however it is certain that your posts are needed now more than ever!

• SerenitySTAT
    edited January 2021

YeslamaDragon - Thank you! ❤️

My older daughter asked for help with her slow-running laptop. I showed her how to find which tasks were using up the most resources. She had multiple instances of multiple services. Showed her where and how to change the start up properties. She already knows how to uninstall programs. We bought this laptop for graduate school. It doesn't have the resources that she needs now, so I hope she can get a work laptop instead. She should be able to free up resources now.

She offered cookies in payment for IT help, but I countered with banana bread. We have some cream cheese to be used up. 😋

• SerenitySTAT
    edited January 2021

Weather forecast says "Cloudy", but I see sunshine! 🎶

• santabarbarian
    santabarbarian Member Posts: 2,311
    edited January 2021

I think the bread is what's needed now more than ever. You should repost the recipe for your boules!

• minustwo
    edited January 2021

Oh I'd love to see that recipe.

As for the 'sunshine' - I'm having a personal challenge to test how many of the words I know on the songs you're posting. Fun!!!

• SerenitySTAT
    edited January 2021

Here it is again! Don't know how many times we've made it, but it is very easy. We divide the dough into 3, but it can be made into the size you need. Adjust baking time to size. Yum!

Here's the easy bread info:

I've made this recipe twice after my husband mistakenly bought whole wheat flour. I'll probably make it again this week. It requires no kneading, and it yields 3 boules (baked as we need). The dough keeps in the fridge for over a week. The bread has a more sourdough taste the longer it's been fermented. It's tasty and simple.

https://www.splendidtable.org/recipes/refrigerator-stored-artisan-boule-with-whole-grains

Tips for dough:

1. Mix salt into flour before adding to yeast
    2. I use the inner pot from my broken slow cooker (yay, I found a way to reuse it!)
    3. For first bake, divide dough into equal portions using kitchen scale
    4. Prepare one portion to bake and the other portions go into separate bowls back into fridge
    5. Bake as needed

Enjoy!

• minustwo
    edited January 2021

Looks delicious!!!

• SerenitySTAT
    edited January 2021

Minus - And so easy!

Lots of wet snow today. We lost power for almost 5 hours. My husband was using the Instant Pot and electric oven to make dinner. He finished everything on the gas stove. Our chandelier is a mix of candles and electric bulbs, so dinner was by candlelight.

Power came back a half hour ago. Whew! We may have needed to camp out by the fireplace.

Hope everyone is safe and warm.

• minustwo
    edited January 2021

Serenity - glad you got your power back. We don't lose power in the winter in Houston, but in the summer with the hurricane storms, lots of experience.

• SerenitySTAT
    edited January 2021

Minus - Power outages are bad in any extreme weather. We're glad we still had the gas stove to finish dinner. We boxed up the leftovers and put them in the bay window instead of opening the fridge. Without the sun that area can get pretty chilly. It wasn't too bad for us.

I think the lockdown is getting to me. I hardly ever remember my dreams. When I do, they're usually about something as mundane as putting on socks. Last night I dreamt I was on an airplane without a mask. 😧

Just saw my daughter dancing in the kitchen while microwaving some lunch. 🥰

• SerenitySTAT
    edited January 2021

Some soothing music

• SerenitySTAT
    edited January 2021

We usually have cinnamon rolls at Christmas. These have been the best. They take more time to shape, but the bake is more even. Highly recommend. 👍

• SerenitySTAT
    edited January 2021

Some dancing music - Modern English in quarantine. 👍

• SerenitySTAT
    edited January 2021

Thoughtful music? Not everyone loves Elvis Costello. I had a roommate who couldn't stand him. I wasn't fond of her musical taste either. Only band we both liked was R.E.M.

• minustwo
    edited January 2021

I love the variety. Glad I found this thread. Thanks.

• SerenitySTAT
    edited January 2021

Minus - Glad you're here!

Cynthia Erivo is wondrous! I first saw her in a video of The Color Purple Broadway cast singing Purple Rain in tribute to Prince's passing. Since then she's been in films and television. She can sing anything and act.

• SerenitySTAT
    edited January 2021

Had to listen again. 🥰

• SerenitySTAT
    edited January 2021

New day music 🎶