Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Uplifting and Lively Messages. No holds barred..

Options

Comments

• WenchLori
    WenchLori Member Posts: 1,027
    Options

I agree, Im keeping my fingers crossed someone in Washington fights for all of us with pre existing conditions 🤞

• Michelle_in_cornland
    Michelle_in_cornland Member Posts: 1,233
    Options

My husband and I went out to our swamped land, and rowed a boat (he did most of the rowing) touring the area. We came back wet and cold. He considers the land, hunting grounds, I consider it a wildlife sanctuary. Every kind of bug jumped on me, as there are alot of trees. There was even a pretty purple bug that I have never seen before. Ants had crawled up small trees and huddled together in a surface ant hill. I hope the rain stops, the river level goes down, and the ground dries out a bit. Now, back to my snuggling with my schnauzer.

• logang
    logang Member Posts: 144
    Options

I haven't checked in for a bit. I will be 4 weeks out from my exchange surgery on Monday. I went back to work 2 weeks out. I have been doing well. I still walk 1-2 miles every day. It rained for 3 days straight here. We had a beautiful rainbow yesterday evening and some sunshine today! I loved all the photos that have been posted!

• HoneyBeaw
    HoneyBeaw Member Posts: 150
    Options

I agree ladies, Im really worried about this health care issue, How Trump got elected I will never understand as the man has no clue what its like t live in the real world .

• WenchLori
    Options

Honey, I laughed so hard I hurt myself when Trump said he never thought "this job would be so hard"! Did he think it'd be a walk in the park?! So out of touch with the world :-(

Logang, what a beautiful double rainbow! We didn't get any rainbows during our 6 days of rain. I'm jealous :-)

Michelle, your trip out in your boat sounds like fun although cold and wet. There's nothing better than coming home and snuggling with your four legged baby.

I was encouraged to hear the Senate will end up writing a Health Care Bill of their own. Keeping my fingers crossed!

I took a walk down to the runoff pipe that leads from our neighbor's pond into ours. It's flowing fast and furiously! I've never seen that much water come out of the pipe. The area it flows into is usually only about a foot deep. It's probably about 5 to 6foot deep now. We have more rain coming this week so I'll make sure our lawn gets mowed before Wednesday.

It'd be a prettier picture if all of the honeysuckle was in bloom. I love the smell of honeysuckle in the morning.

• Penzance
    Penzance Member Posts: 39
    Options

Going to a picnic with like minded people. Just hope not too many vegans, brought some continental cheese!

• dtad
    dtad Member Posts: 771
    Options

Hi everyone...so sad that the new GOP healthcare plan is influencing out treatment options. Can't help to think if there were more women in congress the outcome would have been different.

• WenchLori
    Options

dtad, the bill has only passed in the House it hasn't passed in the Senate. Trump's celebration party was a bit premature. But that's how the man thinks. The biggest problem is that most of the politicians that voted for the bill admitted that they didn't even read it!!!

The Senate says it won't get passed by them. They said if they have to write their own health care bill, they will.

Someone has to fight for us while we're fighting for ourselves.

• Michelle_in_cornland
    Options

Thanks for the pic Logang and glad you liked the other pics posted. Hey, to all of your new posters!!! Lori, we had seventy acres flooded and I rowed a boat on many of them. I was literally rowing us in circles and my husband said, "just stop, just stop paddling." I was paddling near the front of the boat which was at an angle and I had my shoes inside of a pair of his wading boots. I don't have any wading boots, and I don't think I want any. I was so unbalanced that I almost fell out of the boat. He would not let me take pics because we looked silly. His brother called, and my husband announced that the SS Minnow was docking. (Gilligan's Island reference)

I am very concerned over what is happening in Washington. I think we all are concerned for very good reason, and it is okay to feel that way. I am not throwing shade (my teenager's lingo) on any political party, but I hope that the Senators have our best interests in mind when crafting the new bill. I wish we could have the ACA for 2018, that would give me so much relief.

I have my 6 month mammogram tomorrow and a meeting with my MO following. I am soul searching right now to make sure that I made the best decision with a lumpectomy. I still believe that I did, but am haunted with the politics of our insurance. It is really a shame that the most vulnerable people are the one's that can get hurt the most.

• Michelle_in_cornland
    Options

Mammogram took 1.5 hours. Did ultrasound of the opposite breast. Everything is normal, but felt some anxiety creep 👀 into my thoughts. Waiting for MO appt now. What an overwhelming feeling

• WenchLori
    Options

Michelle, I'm so happy to hear your mammogram showed nothing abnormal. What a relief that must be! Praying your appointment with your MO went as well.

• Michelle_in_cornland
    Options

My meeting with my MO went fine. She told me that she has never seen anyone do so well on Tamoxifen (I am roasting right now and have the air and fan on) and do get a bit of upset stomach after taking it. I just have to eat something and the stomach upset goes away. My hair has thinned a bit too. :( I conveyed to her my displeasure with the health care politics, and she told me not to worry about factors out of my control. I am trying to get more high dose Vitamin D, if warranted, because it makes me feel so chipper. I told the nurse initially that I all wanted was a script for Vitamin D, and she laughed. She said people ask for all kinds of things, I can only imagine, but never just a vitamin. My MO ran a CBC, Metabolic panel, D and Iron levels.

I believe that the walking I do helps offset any joint side effects from Tamoxifen. If I sit too long, or do not walk for a day, my knees and ankles get stiff. I can tell that I will need very light clothing for the summer to ward off any heat effects.

So all is well, that ends well, and I am glad Monday is over.

• dtad
    dtad Member Posts: 771
    Options

Wenchlori...I understand it only passed in congress and probably will not pass the senate as is. However my outrage that mostly all men passed this horrendous plan!

• Michelle_in_cornland
    Options

So, anyone have big plans for May? I do!!! Mother's Day at our Lake Club, working on house I bought for a project, doing something fun over Memorial weekend, design conference in the beginning of June. Sending my dd off to vaca in Florida after her finals are over. Both my college kids will be taking classes and working this summer. I am working on purging things from our home that are no longer needed. Did you know it takes longer to get rid of "stuff" than it does to accumulate stuff?? I went to a consignment store, to the Goodwill, to a relative's home who works for a non for profit, just to get rid of a few things. With the BC diagnosis, I just want my life to be a little more simple. Less stuff = less work = less worry....

I will post a pic later of the bracelet I just finished!!!

• WenchLori
    Options

Michelle, I don't have any set plans for May. All I usually do in May is get my garden in and our pool up and ready for Memorial Day fun with just my DH and I.

dtad, I know how you feel. Supposedly they will be adding women to the panel?? Most of the women Senators didn't want to comment on the meeting they had today. Some words of encouragement would have been nice.

My DH told me not to bring myself down by worrying about things that are out of my control such as politics, he'll worry for both of us. So onwards and upwards.

Hoping everyone has a blessed night 💜

• Michelle_in_cornland
    Options

Trying to keep my eye on the prize of health insurance, but a little bit hard with such major distractions. SNL is going to have a field day with the events of the week. Please, Sean Spicer, get out of the bushes......

Working with a newly diagnosed person referred to me by a family member. She did her ekg, and it came back as a slow heart rhythm. Everyone I know is worried about pre-existing conditions, and keeping that in the equation of lumpectomy vs. mastectomy. It is too bad that we have to factor such craziness into our healthcare choices.

• WenchLori
    Options

Michelle, I totally agree and with cancer being a life long pre-existing condition who knows what kind of care we'll be able to get or how much we'll have to pay for it.

With the events of this past week at the WH who knows what the future holds. I think Trump really stepped into his own self made mess this time. I also think Sean Spicer is on the chopping block next. 🤔

• celiac
    celiac Member Posts: 1,260
    Options

Hi, ladies. Even though I have an excellent medical plan through work, will be retiring & onto Medicare in just under 2.5 years, so also have concerns. Hoping, praying that the craziness is somehow favorably resolved for all of us.

With Melissa McCarthy hosting SNL this Sat., we are planning on watching - laughter, in this case, could be good medicine, indeed. Wishing you healing thoughts as you drift to sleep (I am nodding off soon).

• Michelle_in_cornland
    Options

To me, it does not matter what side of the isle you sit on in the Senate, as long as we have access to affordable, feature rich, health insurance that takes care of our pre existing condition. My bottom line is that I care about the healthcare of everyone in this country, and want to see a healthy and happy country. If we don't take care of the sickest, we will spread disease to all. If we have disease exposure, we cannot work and make a high GDP. The healthcare directly effects work product and the economy. "If we are going to make America great again, we have to make Americans well again."

Today, I had real estate stuff to attend to and once that was over went to dinner with my husband. I was able to hit over 10,000 steps two days in a row. If I don't walk or keep moving, the Tamoxifen can cause ankle and bone pain. As long as I am moving and active, no pain. Not sure if I understand the chemistry behind that, but it is motivating to hit high numbers walking.

Lori, when do you start Tamoxifen? Celia, I am definitely tuning in for Melissa McCarthy!!! Laughter is great medicine. Shocked

My daughter just announced that she was color matched as medium beige in bare minerals....I have always been medium beige and happened to have a brand new one just for her. Most days I don't need makeup and have plenty to share with her. She says to me, "mom, your not medium beige, your light medium tan beige", so many colors so many names.

• Michelle_in_cornland
    Options

Daughter, soon to be 19, woke up with sore throat and wanted me to take her to the doctor. I was a bit achy and not sure why. Did 10 miles of walking over last two days, so I took it easier today. My day was dis-jointed, and I did not accomplish very much. Tomorrow I plan to work on the flowers for my porch and flower bed. Looking forward to mother's day with the family at our lake club. Spent some more time on the phone with the newly diagnosed early stage breast cancer person. I think advocacy is so important and wish that I had that when I was diagnosed. But, I did have the gals at Lumpectomy Lounge here at BCO, and they helped me through alot. I am so thankful for this website and being able to communicate each step of the way with others going through the same thing.

• WenchLori
    Options

We had a fantastic time doing one of the things we love to do most last night! We went to Dinkies, (no typo) for an Amish auction and we had a blast! I'll post some pic later of my wonderful garden finds!

We have military medical as my DH is retired Air Force (20+years). He doesn't seem to be concerned over all the confusion and hoopla going on about the Health Care Bill. So, I'll follow his lead and not worry about it either. We pay minimal monthly premiums at this time and Tricare has covered all of my treatments except for the antihistamine I had to have during chemo. DH won't tell me exactly how all of this will affect us and he made me promise and sign a contract not to turn to google. He says I have enough on my plate and to get my butt out to the garden. BUT I can't help but worry about all this mess and how it will affect every American.

By the way... Does it bother anyone else here how a lot of highly educated politicians pronounce America as Ameerica? It's UnAmerican if you ask me and they should all move to Ameerica, wherever that is?!

Keep smiling and your sun will always shine... WenchLori

Blessings to All

• Michelle_in_cornland
    Options

I agree with your husband about Dr. Google. There is so much nonsense in some of the discussions on google, and some elsewhere, that are so anti treatment. You can't let what others think cloud your judgement about your situation. The best advice will come from your doctors. That is what I tell everyone with this condition that crosses my path, find doctors you have faith in and trust their judgement. That is one reason that I created this thread, to provide uplifting and positive messages and to receive uplifting and positive messages. Even with a background in pharmacy, I leave the decisions up to my doctors who are so much more qualified than I am to make suggestions on my behalf. So I pray for everyone's health including mine, and trust my doctors.

No matter what is happening in the novel, Seige on Washington, we must not subscribe to it. I just visit here, for chats with my girls. As soon as I can dig my way out of winter garment/tamoxifen wardrobe changes, I will be out with my flowers too!!!

• Michelle_in_cornland
    Options

Went out for lunch to our lake club, it was nice, and I know our chef worked very hard to make it a very nice day for all. He does not put on a large buffet, but what he does, he does well. My kids and husband bought me an apple watch in rose gold, with a blush color band. I am so excited to track my activity without having to carry my phone. My son moved back in from college and has so much stuff just sitting in my living room - the entire room is full!! He has the entire lower level and needs to get his stuff taken care of. Went bike riding with husband last night, but we had not been on our bikes in years. When we arrived home, I thought I would just bounce up the stairs and show him that I still had "it" going on. Well, my legs almost gave out on the stairs and I hobbled into the house. It was fun, but I know I am going to have to work hard to be a more fit rider. I hope everyone had a nice, mother/friend/role model/sister/aunt, etc. day. As Hillary said, "it takes a village to raise a child," and I think many people play a parental/coach/confidant role in children's lives.

• Michelle_in_cornland
    Options

I get to keep taking my big mega doses of vitamin d. I feel much better taking it and my levels were in the intermediate range when checked last week. I think vitamin D has helped me in so many ways this spring that I wanted to be able to continue. Still sorting through stored "stuff" and trying to downsize what we own. My son drug all of his stuff back in from the university. I wanted him to rent a storage unit, but he did not want to. We are starting to look at graduate programs and he says to me, "mom, just make me a short list of where I should apply." I am thinking, this is his journey, not mine. If I were in his shoes, I would be doing the happy dance at getting to choose my next career step. He is thinking University of Southern California, I am thinking University of Chicago or Northwestern. He has ruled out the east coast.

• HoneyBeaw
    HoneyBeaw Member Posts: 150
    Options

Michelle

I agree with you on the Vit D, mine was so low for a long time finally have them up to normal range and I feel so much better . I have read that they are thinking there might be a link between BC and low Vit D. I had normal blood work done last week to check all levels on cholesterol and Vit D, liver functions, blood pressure all that good stuff. Dr told me that I was in perfect health except for this dang BC and then said Keep taking that Vit D

Huggs

• WenchLori
    Options

My MO took me off all of my multivitamins as I was getting to much of everything. I'm wondering if he'll put me back on any of them next week after my appointment I know I'll start my Tamox next week and looking forward to getting this stage of the process started.

• Michelle_in_cornland
    Options

Most persons living above 40 north latitude have vitamin D issues. My doctor tested mine and it was 18, after 12 weeks of treatment it is 50. We are going to continue for another 12 weeks and then maintenance dose. I know how much anticipation there is before starting the anti hormonals. I am so glad that mine is underway by three months, but I am glad that I staggered all treatments. Some people overlap the tamoxifen with radiation. I just could not do that to myself and wanted the side effects of each to stand on their own so I would know which one caused issues. Still cleaning out stuff. OMG I have got lots of stuff. Sad

• Michelle_in_cornland
    Options

It is very pretty outside today, and I am in the basement weeding through an accumulation of stuff trying to purge what I don't want or need. I feel lighter already having gotten rid of a few things. A few things down, a few hundred to go. Why did I keep so many sheets and bedding through the years? Good sheets and bedding are so expensive, $$$, that I feel guilty just getting rid of them. My husband, a car collector, can use the sheets and blankets to protect his "stuff". It is weird seeing your Ralph Lauren 20 years later covering a car or car part....my thrifty side really likes that. So, how does everyone else balance between having right right amount of "stuff" and having too much stuff? We have four now living at home because the kids are back for the summer. My daughter has several comforters, sheet sets, blankets, and my son likes his cushy soft blankets. So, should I say, "everyone gets two blankets a piece in stead of five?" When is a towel ready for the garage? These are normal questions, but I have raised ball teams and had so many kids in and out of my house. It is so hard for me to judge. I never wanted kids bringing sleeping blankets or anything from their house because of head lice. My son is going to be a college senior and turn 21 this summer. I want to know, how do you let go of all the things you used to need?

• WenchLori
    Options

Michelle, if I haven't used something in the past year it goes to a new home. I keep sheets and blankets to cover plants during unexpected freezes. I also keep old blankets/towels in all of our vehicles. You never know when you might need them on a road trip. Towels never get thrown out, they "graduate" from the house to the garage to the shed. Never know when I may need an old one while painting. Your DH can use old towels to clean or polish his car parts etc. Now if there's more holes than towel then they go into the trash.

• Michelle_in_cornland
    Options

Took a bunch of stuff to goodwill today. Son moving back in from school.