Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

January 2017 Surgery Group

Options

Comments

• annoyingboob
    annoyingboob Member Posts: 459
    Options

I second bevmom - it hurts us ALL when one of us has a rough patch. thinking healing thoughts for vargas le (and her vajayjay, lol) and for shoregirls shoulder. wishing nothing but health for all of you sisters. and may we all be off pain killers and be present to enjoy each moment of xmas this year!!

bevmom - that's the cutest pic of your boybrood and your home looks so cozy and festive. makes me want to just snuggle right next to those cutiepies. cheers to all the kids and grandkids - may they have a magical santa experience and never know what y'all have been through to make it happen!!

xoxox

• Elem
    Elem Member Posts: 246
    Options

well had my first Full mammogram since the dx last Nov . I had a left one in Kuly , but this was the yearly. It cane back good. I was relieved. I will still be seeing my MO everybthree months w/labs and rads onc every 6 .

I feel liberated but yet still protected somewhat. I am glad to have been a part of this fantastic group this past year. I could not have had the strength and courage without you all . I will never forget this group and always check in from time to time.

Merry Christmas to everyone who celebrates iit and Happy Holidays to everyone . Much Love and Respect to all my ladies .

Elle

• docmama
    docmama Member Posts: 126
    Options

Got my final reconstruction surgery this morning- nipples and areolas with a free tummy tuck for good measure! Merry Christmas to all the beautiful brave ladies here!

• Shoregirl
    Shoregirl Member Posts: 338
    Options

Thank you for the well wishes Aboob! I had a cortisone shot to the shoulder Thursday, and an epidural for the spinal stenosis scheduled the day after Christmas. I am supposed to start pt for the shoulder and report back in 6 weeks to the ortho, but may be going back in for a revision to the tatas in Jan!!

When my new ps did my revision last month, she opened me up to find only a postage stamp sized piece of alloderm on the right implant, may explain why it was flipping over backwards on me. She of course added the proper amt when she swapped out the implant, but said the left side had the proper amt so she did not add any. Unfortunately, the left implant has now migrated toward center and down lower than right, leaving the ribcage side looking really strange, like a bite take out of me! Plus, more fat grafting for sure.

Elem, congrats on the all clear!! What a year!! Now we will all be recalling our msx/lmpctmy anniversaries in January!!

Docmama!! Congratulations on completion and a tummy tuck too!! You look beautiful, happy, adorable!! Best wishes for a quick recovery. I would love your input on the nipple/aereola surgery. My new ps does the procedure, 1st ps did not. I am not ready anytime soon as I still need some final tweaks to these new implants.So I am gathering feedback from those who have had surgical nip recon to help me decide if I want to go the surgical route or just tats.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to us all!!

• docmama
    Options

I will let you know how this goes Shoregirl. Still wrapped up tight just like after my mastectomy. I'll see my plastic surgeon on the 26 for the reveal. I have drains again but this time on my tummy. That's what hurts like the dickens (standing up and sitting down are the worst), the boobies don't hurt at all in comparison. I know he took a skin graft from somewhere on my belly to make the areola and said that I will probably need a tattoo as well to help define it more. I had liked not having to wear a bra under t-shirts and was not totally convinced that nipple reconstruction was right for me but yesterday my husband seemed so pleased when the surgeon was marking my breasts and abdomen before the surgery that I know this was the right decision for us and our marriage.

So for me it will be nipple reconstruction as well as tattoos.

I hope everyone has a joyous holiday weekend and that everyone is on the mend soon!

Angie

• Elem
    Options

aww Docmama , thatvis awesome .

You look fabulous. Merry Christmas

❤️

• Elem
    Options

❤️💗💕👌Best wishes to all of us going forward. Our anniversaries are just a week or so away.. love ❤️ to all my brave hearts

• 3bears
    3bears Member Posts: 161
    Options

Merry Christmas everyone! I’m sorry I didn’t get cards out. It just became too much. I do so enjoy checking in with you all. I wish one of us knew how to create a Facebook group for us. It’s so much easier to keep in touch and post and like each other’s posts. Does anyone know how? That’s what my chemo group did.

Vargadoll- I’m not sure I ever really had lymphedema. I do get a warm swollen feeling in my chest on one side sometimes but it goes away. The Drs say it isn’t lympedema. I think the Drs don’t really know much about it.

Docmama- glad you had the final recon surgery! You look so pretty w your hair.

Love you all and I know 2018 is going to be great for us all!!

3Bears

• 3bears
    Options

• Bevmomduck
    Bevmomduck Member Posts: 91
    Options

Docmama- happy about your nips! I'll be checking for your thoughts later on when things get a little more settled in. I'm still on th fence about my one side, to nip or not. Tricky under clothes...... I hope they told you to wear something like spanx for the tummy area. It really helps.

Shoregirl- I'm still in PT for shoulder issues, too but feel as though I'm finally making some progress. Hope you do soon!

3 bears- I love your honestly about Christmas cards being too much. We have to give ourselves permission to let go of expectations, it's so much easier than before this all started. Can I get an amen on that!

Thank you all for this loving community! Wishing you all lots of happy times, laughter and a Merry Christmas 🎄

• DCISinAZ
    DCISinAZ Member Posts: 135
    Options

I love coming on here and seeing all the positivity and encouragement. It really just warms my heart. All you ladies were such a blessing to me a year ago when all the world seemed to be upside down and inside out. Seems like yesterday and a lifetime ago all at the same time.

I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday with family and friends and can look back at 2017 with the knowledge that BC didn't beat any of us!!

Praying a mighty good 2018 for all of us! Relief from LE and frozen shoulder and all the "wonderful" gifts that BC kept on giving.

• vargadoll
    vargadoll Member Posts: 1,942
    Options

Merry Christmas! December will forever be my crazy month! Last year it all started with my mammogram December 5th the. A phone call on the 8th. An ultrasound on the 13th, biopsies on the 20th and a cancer diagnosis on December 23rd. Then I foward you girls on the 24th. This December was mammograms, ultrasound sounds and cellulitis! 3bears, the only reason I got cards in the mail was because the coldest night this month our furnace had a switch go out at 10:15 and ot started making a loud banging noise and woke me up! DH and his heating and cooling guy worked on it untIL 1 a.m. and I worked on cards. I'm not sure if they made it on time but "their in the mail".

My house is full. DD and family are here (even though they only live 3 miles away.) I can' wait to see the 2 y/o find his Santa stuff. He will be the fun one this year.

My heart is full and my life is so blessed. I have found a true group of friends here who will forever light my darkest days.

I'm in for any FB group if we get one started. My FB page is cancer free. I still have not told many people including my parents.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

Teresa

• vargadoll
    Options

imagehad to share..precious Baby Charlee.

• vargadoll
    Options

One more...love this baby girl so much!

• docmama
    Options

She is gorgeous Varga! God bless her and all of your beautiful family! Got your card today by the way. Thank you! Mine should all be out by the New Year, lol.

Nip update: Had my first "unveiling" today. The don't look too bad, kinda like little pencil erasers. He says they will shrink by half in a couple of weeks, and look more natural. I certainly hope so, I don't want to walk around with little erasers on my new boobies like Madonna! The tummy tuck is still pretty painful and my 2 drains won't come out for another week. So once again I have to cart my butt into work with drains under my uniform. At least it's a short week (and I like the flatter tummy)!!

• vargadoll
    Options

Docmama - you are back at work already?!? No stopping the ladies of our surgery group! Glad your card made it...I barely got them in the mail. ...damn cellulitis!

When I found out I had BC I asked my doctor what to expect. She told me there was a chance I could lose my nipple. I was so mad that I had spent years covering it up! Here's to nipples in the New Year!

• vargadoll
    Options

imageimagemy not so baby guy and his "O" that's what he calls bulldozers. He told Santa he wanted an " O" that would go up and down and round and round.... so cute!

• Fightingirl
    Fightingirl Member Posts: 328
    Options

Ladies!  So glad to see everyone still doing well and enjoying the holidays.  Just wanted to pop in and wish everyone a very Happy New Year!  Much of 2017 for us was filled with doctors and procedures and waiting and waiting...I'm so happy to say goodbye to this year!  I'll take all the valuable lessons from the shitty situations in 2017 and glide into 2018 happily!  Wishing you and your families the very best.  Much love!

• Shoregirl
    Shoregirl Member Posts: 338
    Options

Yes Varga, here's to nipples in the New Year!!! Your little "O" driver is adorable!! Fightingirl, I am with you, happy to say goodbye to 2017!!! Happy, happy new year ALL!!!

• annoyingboob
    Options

happy new year to all you beauties!! May 2018 be filled with much more health and less psychosis for all!!

• dcbc
    dcbc Member Posts: 122
    Options

Varga, those babies are BEAUTIFUL!!! Happy New Year to all of my lovelies! I've been reliving all the anniversaries too... My first surgery was in December last year... and had an ER scare on the 24th, so Christmas and New Year last year are a total blur. But am mostly just thankful that it is behind me now.

I've not given up on getting holiday cards out... they are late, though, and that is OK with me!

Here is to new breasts, nipples, and friends! And to a wonderful and healthy 2018!!

Love to all,

Susan

• annoyingboob
    Options

today is my 1 year surger-versary. I didn’t think I’d be so emotional. Friends and family think it’s no big deal - I look good, I’m healthy, I’ve moved on. But when I think about it, it IS a big deal to me. I’m forever changed by the events a year ago. I have moved on, but I’ll never forget.

So to all my January sisters with surger-versaries on the horizon - I get it. I know where you have been and appreciate your trek. It’s been muddy and sloppy at times, tears have been shed in private, hair has turned grey in public, and even fallen out for many of you. But here we are 1 year later. Maybe your family and friends are like mine and think it’s no big deal. I’m here to tell you I know what we have been through together and it was big and it was real and we have made it this far bc of each other.

Thank you sisters, for getting the depth of this year. For understanding that although we may look and act ‘back to normal’, we have been forever altered. I am forever grateful to you girls. X

• Marlena17
    Marlena17 Member Posts: 58
    Options

Hi from Nj. Single mom of 2 bacholers 11 yo and 13 yo,working type A hairdresser who is scheduled Jan 24th for bilateral masctomey,nipple sparing,skin sparing with tissue expanders. SCARED TO DEATH!!!! Add me to your group. I NEED encouragement. Usually pretty brave but I am not handeling this well as my date nears. My doc's are TOP NOTCH and take my case very compassionately. (Cooper MD Anderson,Camden Nj.) and I trust them 1000% but I am beginning to get physically ill. (Worries,stomach issues etc.) I have a “buddy" who had the same doc and same diagnosis. She goes for her exchange surgery next week. She did AMAZING however,somehow I know I won't! My luck is like a bald guy who just won a comb!!!! My mom is a cancer survivor. She I said a feisty 95 year old who is encouraging but I am really scared. I am an only child as well so my support is limited to my bf who is a blessing that I still can’t believe came true and some friends. I NEED to get back to work. I feel very happy to have found your group. Positive thoughts to all of you❤️👍🙏🏻💇🏻♀️🌻

• BeachBabyK
    BeachBabyK Member Posts: 148
    Options

Hey Ladies! Happy Anniversary!!!! To celebrate, I created a Facebook Group so that communication and sharing is a bit easier. Please join us!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/388306178261006/

Sisters - January Edition ;-)

See you there!

BBK

• vargadoll
    Options

Thank you BeachbabyK! You girls are my main social interaction! ♡♡♡

• LoveCanada
    LoveCanada Member Posts: 87
    Options

Glad I found this thread! I’m scheduled for a bilateral mastectomy and reconstruction on January 10th. I’m so nervous but ready to get it over with!

• DCISinAZ
    DCISinAZ Member Posts: 135
    Options

Marlena7 and LoveCanada - so sorry to hear about your diagnoses. Sadly you’re in a club you didn’t want to join. The good news is there is a ton of information and, more importantly, support and encouragement on this board.

However, this particular board is mostly ladies who had surgery in January of 2017. So, we are all a year out from our surgery dates. A 2018 surgery group would probably be a better option for you. It will most likely very be a lot more active.

Best of luck to you in your treatment. Try to take each day at a time. ❤️

• LoveCanada
    Options

Thanks so much- I can’t seem to remember that we’re in 2018 now!! I just had to update my profile because I put 2017 too.

• LoveCanada
    Options

And thanks Smile

• 3bears
    Options

Yay BeachBabyK ! I knew we could count on you to start us a FB group. I love the picture!