Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

January 2017 Surgery Group

Options

Comments

• 3bears
    3bears Member Posts: 161
    Options

Just wanted to give a bump on here. I miss annoying boob. She didn’t come over to the Facebook page with us and I don’t know who all else is still on here. Thinking of fightingirl. Lifting her up in prayer. We have the cabana open for her again.

Love you all💙

3Bears

• vargadoll
    vargadoll Member Posts: 1,942
    Options

3bears - I let Annoyingboob know. I messaged her as soon as I found out. Huge prayers going up for Fightingirl! She is our ray of sunshine, the biggest cheerleader we have and always had positive words for us all!

• 3bears
    3bears Member Posts: 161
    Options

Thanks Vargadoll. We are a strong group of women. 😘

3Bears

• vargadoll
    Options

Yes we are! Sister's forever! When sister's are bonded by the color pink it can NEVER be broken!

• BeachBabyK
    BeachBabyK Member Posts: 148
    Options

I think I would have lost my mind if not for this wonderful group of Ladies! As much support as I had from my family and friends, it's a different sort of "lifting up" that you get from those that have slogged through the trenches with you. We are all here for each other and right now we are focusing on you - Fightingirl!!!! Heart

• annoyingboob
    annoyingboob Member Posts: 459
    Options

you girls are the best! It is with both excitement and dread that I open your messages when I see them pop up in my mail. I sent fightingirl a DM. I’m still in shock. I’m prepping the island and the cabanas as we speak. God, I love that girl - so positive from day 1 and always so encouraging of other people. I’m headed to USA in dec and as usual the first 2 weeks are booked solid with doctor appts. Im nervous.

Thanks for keeping me posted, my sisters. I’m here for each and every one of you. Now let’s get to work and get that cabana super comfy for fightingirl!! We are here for you, girlfriend!!

Xoxoxoxxxooo

Ab

• annoyingboob
    Options

imagehow about this underwater one so we can watch all the fish go by???

• vargadoll
    Options

Annoyingboob- yes!! I would like to watch the fish swim by! I think most of us were diagnosed in either November or December which makes being joyous during the holidays hard sometimes.

• Bevmomduck
    Bevmomduck Member Posts: 91
    Options

ab- you were always so good with th pics!

Ladies-I think this pretty much continues to confirm that we will always have great love and care for each other. Fighting girl you are the best! We are with you on all platforms❤️❤️

• vargadoll
    Options

We need a road trip to Idaho!

• Shoregirl
    Shoregirl Member Posts: 338
    Options

I'm afraid I'm a bit out of the loop. The link to the Facebook group doesn't work. I searched Facebook but don't know the name of the group. Fightingirl, you are so loved here on this forum. Whatever you are going through, we are all rallying for you and I am lifting you up in prayer!!!

A-boob, that is an awesome cabana!! Varga, you are right about this time of year. Funny thing was, my mammo results were actually determined in Oct 2016. But I was on an extended vacay in FL and the dr didn't have my cell #. They reached me by mail as I had it forwarded telling me they had been trying to call and needed old films to compare. I called Idaho where my old films were and had them faxed. When I got back to MD in Nov I got the call while shopping in Lowes that there were suspicious calcs and I would need a biopsy. Not the greatest homecoming. Final dx 12/2/16. My revision is finally coming up on 12/4/18 though so one step closer to being done!

• Pyrrh
    Pyrrh Member Posts: 89
    Options

Hey Shoregirl - it's a private/secret group, you can't find it by searching. We'll need to know your email or irl name to get you invited. You are of course welcome!

• Shoregirl
    Options

Thanks Pyrrh, Vargadoll pm'd me and got my FB info. I just saw that she friend request me on my FB notification. I don't get on there super regular but will check back for the invite in the next couple of days.

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

• vargadoll
    Options

I can add you when you accept. My BC is still on the down low so FB is cancer freeWinking

• Shoregirl
    Options

Thanks Varga, I accepted

• Fightingirl
    Fightingirl Member Posts: 328
    Options

hi sisters! Thank you all so much for the kind words here and on Facebook. I am still in shock from it all.

Basically, for the past couple months I’d been having terrible low back and hip pains. I thought it was from sitting so much as I worked at a desk 40 hours a week and my new boss wanted me to get my real estate license again so I also sat in night school 4 hours a night....went to sleep and started all over again. Naturally, I thought I just need to get off my butt but then when I would do anything I wound up in more pain. Laying flat was pretty much the lesser of the evils so I’ve spent a lot of time in bed. Finally I just knew there was more to it and I went through several doctors and tests before I found an awesome doctor who wasn’t going to give up. Long story short, I ended up in the ER last Tuesday night and though I had a CT scan scheduled for the next morning, they went ahead and did one. When the doctor came back he just told me you have cancer all down your spine and pelvis and possibly on your liver. I’ve since had an MRI that couldn’t conclusively say the legions on my liver are cancer so this past Tuesday I had a biopsy done. I go to the oncologist this coming Tuesday where I expect I’ll get those results as well as a treatment plan. I think I want a PET scan though...

There was so much hope tied to my first diagnosis...this time there isn’t and that makes me sad. I don’t mean that it can’t be done but going from stage 1 to stage 4 in 2 years with all clean follow ups is insane. I really fucking hate cancer. My whole world has changed just like that. My husband has been amazing so I’m really lucky for that. My friends and family have been amazing as well.

I always hoped all of us would escape this. Does anyone know if any of our other sisters have Mets or recurrence? I sure hope not.

I’ve missed you all... I tried to check in from time to time and see how you’re all doing. I will never forget how much you’ve all meant to me. I just introduced myself to a new thread here and I imagine I will get to know and love those ladies as well but you are my sisters forever and I love you all!

• vargadoll
    Options

Fightingirl- I feel like I've been punched in the stomach! I'm glad you said you hate fucking cancer! That's the only way to put it! I have stayed active on BCO and haven't heard of any of our girls with a reoccurrence. There are so many that I wonder about. Windchimed and Shellybeans are to that instantly come to mind. Pugsmama stays in touch with 3bears I think. I message with Annoyingboob often. That's girl life and travel interest this simple little southern girl. Docmama and I are fitbit buddies. All the January girls are always in my prayers.

December is my month for scans and test and the anxiety is already starting. I remember you were a month ahead of me. I just can't wrap my head around how this happened so fast! I'm all over the place with the post! I guess it's because my emotions are all over the place! Our original diagnosis were so much alike. You were left and I was right. You had your surgery Jan 6th and mine was Feb 7th. You guided me through the days after surgery. You were the one who mentioned the cording and that's exactly what I had going on to! I want to hop in my Suburban and take a road trip just to hug you and cry! Love you!

• Fightingirl
    Options

I know! We were so much alike Vargadoll! One thing is for sure...we can’t be alike anymore. You and and my other sisters are going to stay cancer free and be able to share that with me.

I also think of winchimed and Shellybeans. I’m glad to hear so many have stayed in touch though.

My hubs and I just got back from getting me a rocker/ recliner! I am so happy to have this in my room instead of having to be in bed all the time. It’s very hard for me to sit with all the bony lesions on my spine and I also have compression on nerve causing numbness and all other sorts of fun things if I’m not sitting or laying just right. I feel like Christmas came early!

Love you

• annoyingboob
    Options

Hopefully your chair is more comfy than this one, but I thought you might need a beach view while you recline. Cabana is here for you with lots of cushions and cozy rockers to snuggle up in and try to get comfy. Sending lots of love ❤️

• Fightingirl
    Options

AB, that looks just perfect!

• annoyingboob
    Options

good luck tomorrow with your biopsy results - god, the waiting is awful. Keep us posted. I’m sending you positive vibes from far away - love you, girl. Xxxooo

Ab

• Shoregirl
    Options

Good vibes and prayers to you Fightingirl!!!

• Elem
    Elem Member Posts: 246
    Options

Love You all .. Merry Christmas. Fightingirl, you are always on my mind lately as I cannot imagine how you go from 2cm 1a grade 2 to this in 2,yrs?!?? It is so mind boggling . I know they speak to us in percentages re: recurrence, but damn it.. how the “fork “, does this happen ?!? I 'm sorry, don't mean to sound negative or cynical but my original DX was similar as was the TX. I received. I have a scan coming up and am getting all stressed about it already!! Anxiety! Anyway, enough about me! Please take care and keep us abreast Fightingirl ,we will ride this wave to shore with you to meet in the cabana to celebrate cancer freedom as we did in 2017! Love to you all

⭕️❌elem

• vargadoll
    Options

Elem- EXACTLY! This was supposed to happen to one of us! (Atleast that how I had it all planned out in my head and heart!)

• Elem
    Options

no kidding Varga , just can’t believe that this has reared its ugly head in our circle of life again. Just not right! Hope you are well . I suppose you too have your scan approaching . It is always a stressor . Have a wonderful week . Your grands are so cute . I know they keep you busy . Charlie has grown so quickly. Time flies!

• Fightingirl
    Options

quick question ladies on tamoxifen...better to take at night or morning?

Will update on onc visit tomorrow...long day and I’m 💤 so sleepy

• Elem
    Options

I take my Tamoxifen in the morning . It seems fine . Been taking it since March 2017 . Sleep well .

• vargadoll
    Options

I take mine just before dinner.

• Elem
    Options

Hi ,

Missed the Christmas card list thread and deadline . How do I get my email address out for that?

Hope everyone had a great Turkey Day . So much to be grateful for and I enjoyed my day with my family . The Grandkids were so much fun and such a blessing . Love to all ⭕️❌

• annoyingboob
    Options

Thinking of you fightingirl!!