Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

January 2017 Surgery Group

Options

Comments

• Leftcoastie
    Leftcoastie Member Posts: 77
    Options

Fightingirl you’ve been on my mind so much! I’m sending you hugs, positive vibes, and prayers. Wanted to let you know that I take my tamoxifen in the morning. Started 11/17/16.

Merry Christmas Sisters I love you all very much 🎄☃️

• annoyingboob
    annoyingboob Member Posts: 459
    Options

Quick hello to my January sisters - wishing you all a gentle passing of another year and milestone. If the holidays can be happy, May they be the happiest yet!! And if you find yourself struggling, please know you have all your January sisters by your side, holding your hand, and prepping your drink in the cabana. Love to each and everyone one of you ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

• Shoregirl
    Shoregirl Member Posts: 338
    Options

Annoyingboob....Such a sweet message. I was thinking of you with those crazy riots in Paris!! Glad you checked in.

Fightingirl, you and all our January sisters are on my mind too. I pray for peace, love and support for all as we come to the start of a new year.

Much love, many blessings, a Merry Christmas and happy holidays XOXOXO

• Houston2016
    Houston2016 Member Posts: 248
    Options

mama2bc- I read your bio and curious about your implants reconstruction after your rads. I have left side mastectomy in 11/16 and rads in12/16 through 01/17 and drs said the only reconstruction I can do is diep flap which I still have not done. I still have TE on. Does your drs recommend diep or implants. Thanks.

• Shoregirl
    Options

Houston2016, this thread isn't that active. I haven't had rads but have chatted with some ladies that have and have successful implant recon. I believe fat grafting BEFORE the implant is the key. Apparently it helps improve the skins integrity and softens and plumps the tissues. This Thread is active and I believe there was some discussion on the subject within the last couple months.

Best wishes to you!!

• annoyingboob
    Options

hi girls - saw this pic and thought of all my sisters tucked in their cabanas. Hope you all are doing well. Sending love and sunshine ☀️

• vargadoll
    vargadoll Member Posts: 1,942
    Options

Annoyingboob!!! Love it! Hope you are doing well and enjoying life!!

Sister's forever -

Teresa

• Cowboy-Up
    Cowboy-Up Member Posts: 161
    Options

Hey there Annoyingboob! Love the picture. I was just in Mexico enjoying a good view but ended up with the flu the whole time I was there. I want a redo. These look perfect.

• docmama
    docmama Member Posts: 126
    Options

Love that picture Annoyingboob. It perfectly sums up our journey-a long winding road to our beautiful cabanas. I hope all are well. I’m still here chugging along that path. Much love to all

• Shoregirl
    Options

Those cabanas in that setting is so lovely!! Thanks A...boob!! I am well, still in my revision process. Interviewing 2 different docs for PS4 3/25 & 3/26. Hope everyone is doing well!!

• annoyingboob
    Options

sending lots of good vibes your way for tomorrow and the next day shoregirl!! heres hoping you find someone you really feel comfortable with who has the expertise to solve all your problems!! xo

• Shoregirl
    Options

Thank you so much Annoyingboob! I really appreciate that!! After meeting with both the docs, I feel more confidant in the male ps I saw Monday. The female I saw today was less confidant and a bit snarky. Plus she is 80 miles away. The male didn't give me any hesitancy that we could achieve a good result whereas the female said she couldn't make any promises. He wants me to wait til end of summer to give everything that was done in Dec & Feb a chance to settle. He did offer to do the fg to the one side that doesn't need implant revision while we wait for that other implant to settle. I told him I would probably wait so I don't have to have anesthesia twice and go through healing twice, but now after thinking about it I may let him go ahead and do one round of fg while we wait. That way my upper pole will match the other one better and I won't feel so self concious in summertime clothing. The female doc would have had me in as soon as May, but I told her I want to think about it and let things settle for a few months knowing I probably was not going to select her anyway.

The only hesitation I had with the male doc is he actually knows and went to med school with PS3 the one that botched me so badly!! So that was a bit awkward when I met with him and told him how I felt about the work his friend had done!! But he was in agreement with me that the procedure I went through in Feb and any more procedures to revise should be done in the OR instead of the office surgery suite to have the utmost sterile environment, plus access to alloderm if needed. I will take the next few days to pour over reviews again and run his credentials by my stepfather who also went to the same med school (Temple in PA).

• LisbethS
    LisbethS Member Posts: 88
    Options

Hi, I don’t know if anyone remembers me. I haven’t been on in so long and I think I was part of another surgery group too. I can’t remember if I posted much or mostly read, that year is a bit of a blur. But anyway, I do remember liking the wonderful ladies in this group very much, it was my favorite group. I see people don’t post much anymore and read you’ve moved to Facebook.

I would love to join the Facebook group and get back in touchif possible, since that’s where I’ve been hanging out in regards to cancer. Let me know if it’s possible to join.

Thank you

• vargadoll
    Options

LisbethS- can you send your FB information to me in a PM? I think I can add you. If I can't BeachbabyK can!

• LisbethS
    LisbethS Member Posts: 88
    Options

vargadoll,

I just sent you a link to my fb profile.

Thanks so much!

• Mama2BC
    Mama2BC Member Posts: 8
    Options

I have to put a disclaimer in this post before I get into to my question under this topic...I am fortunate to be in the place I am and I acknowledge there are much bigger "fish to fry" for other people, and maybe even myself. I am now 37. I was diagnosed with BC when I was pregnant and 34 when I was diagnosed with BC. Went through chemo, surgeries and radiation. I had my last reconstructive surgery a year ago. And right now, I am cancer free. So like I said, I am fortunate. I'm not sure if anyone else has felt this way, but even when I was diagnosed and in the trenches of treatment, I felt like there was a bigger purpose for this having happened specifically to me. Not getting into the science of all of it. Now that I am beyond the bulk of my treatment, I have been trying to navigate and sort through these feelings. It's not so much a depressed feeling. But I definitely feel a heaviness on my heart and a calling for something....not sure what...YET! That being said, I have spent time in the last year, reading the self-development books, watching video's, on the search for self-discovery, etc. Some of it has been great for mindset. But not a lot of action on my part. Admittedly, that's on me. I definitely need someone to keep me accountable. I am in a spot where I would like to would with a life coach, or spiritual coach. When you go through something like this, I almost feel like it should be integrated in our treatment. Anyway, here's my question...has anyone ever heard of financial resources that contributes to the cost of something like this? It is an investment. I know the investment can vary of course. It's not that I don't want to pay for some of it. It's my choice. I must be reasonable with that. But it is difficult to prioritize the cost of this, when there are so many other things in life that this could be used for. I'm not sure my husband gets it, so it's difficult to explain, and get him on board, with spending money on something like this. I could maybe save up for it, but it's tough to put in the waiting. When I have already had this heaviness/ calling for almost 3 years. I almost feel guilty bugging people with a question like this. But I suppose this is what happens for some people during survivorship. And I guess I just never know if someone knows of a grant or sort of scholarship. Thanks friends!

• Elem
    Elem Member Posts: 246
    Options

hi Mama2BC ,

It is a long road and A tough one , not only physically but emotionally as well . I had what is called Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and needed a little counseling in regard to keeping myself from a kind of let down depression after treatment . I did not go through nearly the same treatments as you have endured, but nevertheless, I just never felt the same even after I was declared NED. I still worry about the future fairly regularly , hoping to never have cancer again . I am sure we all do . I take anxiety medication when I feel overwhelmed with thoughts of doom and gloom , but have ysed meditation and deep breathing techniques to calm my mind . I am not sure what a life coach does, but you may be able to search on line to get an idea of their service and price range. Join us on Facebook if you haven’t already . I think we are the January Group . Hope you find what you need and we are still always here for you

• Fightingirl
    Fightingirl Member Posts: 328
    Options

Hi my lovely sisters!

Lisbeth, I'm so glad you found us on Facebook. I have been wanting to log in specifically to see how AB is and finally got my password re-set and reached out to her. I also decided to chat a bit on the Mets thread. I've been so hesitant to do that or read anything online. My first round with BC was non-stop research but this time I haven't been able to bring myself to do much of it. I just loved our group here and I am certain I'll make good friends on the mets thread now too. I have lots of questions lately and it's better to discuss with those who are in my boat than to search the net...at least for me right now. When I was doing my blog I came across things that I wasn't ready to see like that I might only live 2-5 years! Who wants to read crap like that?

Anyways, I thought I'd pop over here for old times sake. I hate the reason we were all here together but I do miss you ladies like crazy! We had something very special in this group.

Love you all to the moon and hope everyone is doing really well!

• annoyingboob
    Options

my heart is so full hearing from fightingirl. We will always be here for you, even if you need to move to the Mets girls, know that although we may not have the answers for you, we will always love you and help however we can!

And I hope all of theother sisters are hanging in there - there have been some recent revisions, and I hope they went smoothly. I’m not on Facebook, so if anyone still reads this, just take 2 secs to chime in and tell me how you are!

Love from the cabana,

Ab

• Elem
    Elem Member Posts: 246
    Options

sending light and love always . I so understand what you are saying in this thread . It is difficult to hear the things re: a timeline etc. It is too much, on top of treatment and hoping for the absolute best and most positive feedback . Hearing anything that doesn’t feel good is not good at all . Love you . Hello to ABoob too , we miss you .

• annoyingboob
    Options

girls - help!!! I’m starting menopause and my anxiety is through the roof. Like every day. I hate even leaving the house. Anyone in a similar situation? What’s the treatment? Hope you all are well

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

• vargadoll
    Options

AB!!!! I'm so sorry you are having anxiety! I haven't had a period since January 2017 but my blood work still shows up perimenopausal. I'll let the girls know you posted! They might have better advice. I just stay so damn busy that if I did have anxiety and other symptoms I dont notice.

Trip to the Cabana is in order!!!

• BeachBabyK
    BeachBabyK Member Posts: 148
    Options

AB ~ I was medically forced into menopause so I can't speak for taking in on naturally, but please don't be anxious about it!!! It's completely normal and in some ways good (no period!) and some ways not (hot flashes). I was not able to take anything to help as my BC was hormone driven and it looks like that may be the same for you. Just make note of any symptoms you have and talk to your Dr about them.

They did change my meds from Tamoxifen to an AI after bloodwork showed that I was officially postmenopausal. I have had some side effects and am switching to AI #2 in hopes of less/more tolerable side effects. I'll keep you updated on that one 😟.

All the best to everyone!!!!

Beach

• annoyingboob
    Options

hi girls - I know you have all moved to Facebook, but in case anyone still checks this, think positive thoughts for me. Had my Mammo today and there is a new nodule. Going for biopsy via ultrasound Thursday. I’m back in the USA. Here we go again....

Love to you all

Ab

• Bevmomduck
    Bevmomduck Member Posts: 91
    Options

AB - so glad you posted. You may not do FB, but you'll never leave this group! Hate that you have a nodule but please know you have company in this experience ❤️. Hope the unknowing until you have facts seems like it goes by very fast. And keep us advised. Love to you

• vargadoll
    Options

AB- we will always be January sisters! I'm so sorry you had a questionable mammogram. Keep us posted!! Big prayers going up! I'll let the girls know to!

• 3bears
    3bears Member Posts: 161
    Options

Annoying Boob! I’ve missed you sister. I’m glad you posted. I’m sorry that you have this scary thing happening. So you had a lumpectomy on both sides back in 2017 right? Please keep us posted what you hear. We will be thinking of you and waiting in the cabana for your news.
    love you as always💕🌴

• Cowboy-Up
    Cowboy-Up Member Posts: 161
    Options

Good to hear from you AB, even though it finds you dealing with more testing. Hopefully they find that what they are looking at is scar tissue or something benign. If not, we are always here for you. Please keep us updated and we will be praying for good results.

• annoyingboob
    Options

awww, thanks girls - I missed you all and hope everyone has moved on with their lives!!

Back in 2017 I had lumpectomy and surgery on the right for calcs. (And I did a bilateral reduction at the same time). I failed tamoxifen so stopped after a month. This new nodule has no calcs but is new from last year and on the right side again.1:00 and deep. I had my last natural period in November, so my hormones have been in turmoil I suspect.

I had the ultrasound guided biopsy today. Will get results next week. But they did a cool thing where, after the biopsy, they implant a little clip so when I go for surgery, I won’t need a needle loc beforehand. They just wave a wand over the clip and it beeps, so surgeon knows where to go (assuming clip doesn’t migrate). Kinda cool!!!

I’ll let you know results next week when I find out, but I’m bracing myself for another surgery and work up. I see surgeon Wednesday.

Let me know what you all have been up to - I’m on the waiting train...

Love you girls and thank you for your prayers!! ❤️❤️❤️

• vargadoll
    Options

I was just hoping you would up date when you were done! I just hate that you are having to go through this. Especially the waiting game! Anyone who has done this before should never have to wait!!! We should get a pass to the front and be an immediate read! A lady at my church had a lumpectomy a few weeks again and she was telling me about the clip. Small advances!!! Much love to you. The Cabana is ready!!! Sisters January edition unite!!!!