Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

My Husband, My Life, My Love, My Family, My Cancer

Comments

• cookie54
    cookie54 Member Posts: 827

Good Morning I missed everyone so glad to see things are intact!

Mara I checked my dx history and it's all there and I signed off on it. I do love gif's too I feel like it's a great way to express feeling. Yum pancakes with a hint of chocolate, anything that involves chocolate is up my alley.

Oh geez kitttkat what an ordeal so glad you weren't seriously hurt. Glad to hear today is your last treatment and spending time with Beck will be nice. Hope you feel well enough to enjoy it,fingers crossed.

Nothing too crazy here gearing up for many appointments next month. This diagnosis is definatelty a part-time job! We have three weddings coming up, summer through Sept. so I have been ordering dresses online.I love being able to order online but it is certainly time consuming looking thru pages of dresses. I think I have it narrowed down for the first wedding. Hoping I can at least wear the same dress for two of the weddings although one is black tie preferred. When did everything get so fancy, lol.

Well looking forward to seeing the rest of you fabulous ladies back in the living room soon!

• candy-678
    candy-678 Member Posts: 4,167

Well, this is going to have to have some time to get used to. I am going to have to scroll around and check it all out. I think we need a tutorial on how to use the new site. But,,, I don't like change.

• mara51506
    mara51506 Member Posts: 6,447
    edited April 2023

Well, still getting used to things but making my way through.

Kitty, I am sorry to hear you fell, that dex combined with rads can be a doozy to deal with speaking from experience, take care, in your pocket.

Candy, I am not fond of change either and I find that everytime I want to go to another topic, I get booted out and have to log in, I will get used to it but we will see.

Today is underway with laundry. I am also watching TV ads for money on a cooking channel, surveys and mobile games to earn money as well so that is part of the day, walking will take up part of the day, unsure where I want to go. May just stick to around the block a couple times and of course PT as well.

I want everything for breakfast, eggs, sausage, beans, hashbrown and pancake. What I will try to do is split up the sausage, beans and hashbrowns, put aside for later and make the teeniest pancake ever. I cannot eat full portions but this will be a nice compromise and give me what I want without thousands of calories. Will just be some labour to do. Will be going to Costco with DB tonight so that will be a hike in itself so around the block today suits me fine since the updated Costco is even bigger.

• mara51506

Well, I had my multilayered breakfast. Did the 1/4 cup beans, sprinkle of cheese shreds and added some wheat bran to render it down to a hamburger consistency. Put on my plate, took my preheated hashbrown, cut it up and put in microwave. Meanwhile, made up 1/8 cup pancake mix, added a little honey, one egg and minor bit of water. Was a bit runny so added random amount of pancake mix. Added some maple and bacon seasoning as well. I did not detect egg in the pancake portion. When the other stuff came out of the microwave, I took the pancake out of the sandwich maker, cut it up, added salt to everything and drizzled syrup over total meal, not too much. It was filling and enjoyable. I don't see a problem if I want to take some pancake mix to fashion omelets or put canned meats and beans or even rice inside. So many possibilities. I am really glad I got the sandwich maker.

• micmel
    micmel Member Posts: 10,050

thank you mods!!!! It worked. Good to be back.

• micmel

thank you Candy!!!

• illimae
    illimae Member Posts: 5,707

Hi all, I’m back (many thanks to the mods for fixing a log in problem).

Now, to get familiar with the new stuff :)

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,544

Hi illimae! So wonderful to see you here! 🤗

• sunshine99
    sunshine99 Member Posts: 2,723

Wow, I feel like a new-comer here, except for seeing the familiar names. I don't know if I'm at the bottom of the most recent posts and it doesn't tell me what group I'm posting in. I think it will take a while to get used to the new format.

• micmel
    edited April 2023

I’m having issues knowing when we have a new post to the room. There is also no end of the page arrow up or down. Which is a lot of scrolling. It’s definitely completely different. I guess like everything it will take getting used to. The mods certainly helped me earlier. I thank them . Also my info below isn’t showing. Like alot of you I noticed.

• sunshine99
    edited April 2023

mel, all I see is the "number bar" that may or may not tell me if I'm at the last comment. I'm working on getting my signature back.

If you're like me, you post on multiple threads. It would be nice if we could see which thread we're on.

Carol

• sunshine99

I think the "bookmarks" is our old "favorites," right?

• micmel

I believe so. Like our favorites were

• illimae
    illimae Member Posts: 5,707

Yes, it looks like bookmarks is our favorites. I don’t know if this is helpful but if you tap your photo, more options come up, like notifications, which are listed when you tap the bell icon. As you’re going through them, you can also use the bottom back page button to go back to the list.

• moderators

Cumbersome, we know. However, the signatures need to be re-uploaded (wasn't good to allow such sensitive data to migrate), so please follow these steps, or let us help you:

Please read these important tips that will help you to get started, and check out the comprehensive User Guide to answer many of the questions you may have. 

• If you'd like to re-upload your previous profile image (avatar), go to Profile Dashboard to get detailed instructions on how to find and re-upload your photo
    • To copy and paste your previous diagnostic and treatment signature into your community profile, go to the Post Signature page.

• sunshine99

Thank you, mods. The copy and paste seemed to work with my bio and signature. I had to tweak it a bit, but it worked. Will there be a way to see which thread we're on? In the old format, when we scrolled down to the comment box, it told us into which thread we'd be posting. Does that make sense to anyone?

• sf-cakes
    sf-cakes Member Posts: 608
    edited April 2023

Hello everyone, let me see if this works! I have to re-upload my moon profile picture, but I'm hopeful that this new site, once we get used to it, will be better. Hugs to everyone

• emac877
    emac877 Member Posts: 688

It's good to see familiar names! Like most of you I'm going to have to spend some time looking around and browsing the tip sheets. I am still in hopes of not having such a glaring white background to read from but all seems workable once I get familiar and adjusted. The new options for composing posts are great.

Kitty I think you are done with treatment now and I hope you are recovering. I was sorry to hear about your fall but I'm glad you have some good support.

Mae thanks for the screen shots, that helps.

Cookie54 What a sweet pup! Congrats on 9 years.

We started the week in the low 60s for a high and are finishing it this week at 93! I am soaking it all up! My desert rat heart loves the heat and that I was able to wear shorts and sandals today and not be cold!🌞 I did burn the top of my head and forehead at the garden center so I'm going to have to start wearing hats again. This will be a short heat wave but I'm all in for it. Hope you all are having a good day.

• goldensrbest
    goldensrbest Member Posts: 721
    edited April 2023

Good to be back and see we are still together. I had my left shoulder replacement on 4/26. Had a nerve block that wore off after 12 hours and then things got dicey with pain control. Dozed on the recliner all night and then was so surprised that I had no real pain, only soreness yesterday morning. Only thing I took for pain yesterday was some Motrin and am pleased to report no pain during the night or this morning. Yes there is some stiffness but no pain. Maybe the Ortho cutting out the part with the fracture solved the problem. I had more pain b4 the surgery! Now to try and take a shower today…..

• mara51506

Goldens, I am so glad that the replacement has improved your pain already. Hope that the shower is everything you hope for too.

• denny10
    denny10 Member Posts: 421

Hi , I am beginning a little campaign to get the 'dislike' button removed. I do not think this will help anyone and could negatively affect someones mental health if someone dislikes a message that is significant to them. The discussions are informative or supportive and a place to vent . I dont want a dislike button .

Please send a message to the Mods if you agree. Thanks

• sadiesservant
    sadiesservant Member Posts: 1,875

Well, I’m back in but does anyone have the same issue with readability that I do? I recall when things blew up that this was one of the biggest complaints and I find it’s even tougher on my aging eyes…..

• candy-678
    candy-678 Member Posts: 4,167

I am here. I am going to have to learn how to navigate the new site.

Sadie—- Huh, I cannot bold print like I used to do. I would bold print a poster's name so they could see I was talking to them. Anyway, my readability is ok. But it was before too.

I cannot get my diagnosis and treatments to show up. I PM'd the mods.

DENNY- I agree, why do we need a dislike button?

GOLDENS- Glad your surgery went well.

• seeq
    seeq Member Posts: 1,165

Denny - Well, it looks like the dislike button is gone already. :)

Candy - to make text bold, highlight the text, then select the format you want.

Goldens - wow! It sounds like you're doing great after your replacement surgery. Sorry about the amount of time they weren't controlling the pain well.

Sadiesservant - I'm not having trouble reading and I like the clean clear look. With the last rollout, the text was too small? Is that the problem? In wonder if there is, or could be, an option to increase the text display size?

I spent part of last night reading through the guides, then I didn't have time to post. Lol

I got my Dexa scan results Monday. I hoped for better. I'm still osteopenic, but closer to osteoporosis than before. I guess it's still a good thing I had the parathyroidectomy, or it would be worse. My PCM said my other bloodwork was "unremarkable", even though my overall cholesterol was high. My 'good cholesterol was high, so maybe that balances it out.

I'm so glad this site is up and running. I missed you all.

• sunshine99

Denny, it looks like they removed the “Dislike” button. I didn’t like it either. It felt like a way to say, “I don’t like what you said.”

I’m making a list of my observations. One thing I noticed was that the “Last seen” date was gone. I like to know when someone stops posting. Are they OK? Did they leave us? I did notice that someone used the bold print, but I haven’t tried that yet.

Candy, I went into my settings (don’t ask me how) and copied and pasted my treatments, signature line, etc., into bio. I had to correct a few things in there and I think I had to hit “save” twice.

• moderators

Dislike button is gone, gone ❤️. It was thought to be a reaction to disliking something like "the doctor wasn't attentive to me" or "I'm feeling sad", etc. but we agree that it isn't at all necessary!

• moderators
    edited April 2023

You can see the Last Active by clicking on their Avatar (Profile)!!

• sf-cakes
    sf-cakes Member Posts: 608

I very much Like that the Dislike button is already gone!

Waiting today for the surgeon from Interventional Radiology to call me, to discuss possible vertebroplasty procedure. I have a "mild" compression fracture that doesn't FEEL mild, hurts constantly! He was supposed to call me yesterday, but no call. At least his medical assistant called first thing this morning to apologize, and said he will make sure the doc calls today. Trying to reassure myself that this means he was being attentive to his patients in the hospital, and that he didn't call because he's a jerk. We shall see. Physical pain is so exhausting

• emac877
    emac877 Member Posts: 688

sfcakes - I can empathize. I also have a mild compression fracture and it doesn't feel mild at all. I was told in 2019 it didn't need surgery but the pain is worse now and I'm debating another consult. I hope you get that call and some answers soon.

• micmel

Hello ladies

Hope you all had a decent day. It’s rainy and chilly here I took a nap. The weekend is supposed to be nasty as well. I hope pain is minimal and Kitty hope you’re ok after your fall. My mouth is giving me trouble. But other than that I can’t complain. Hugs to all. This will take getting used to. This format.