Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

My Husband, My Life, My Love, My Family, My Cancer

Comments

• goldensrbest
    goldensrbest Member Posts: 711
    edited October 2023

Mel - my heart aches for you. I can only imagine how hard it is to get such news and not be able to be with your beloved mother. I will keep your family in prayer🙏🏻🙏🏻.

• irishlove
    irishlove Member Posts: 562

Mel, I want to add my thoughts and prayers for you, your family and your beloved Mom. I am so very sorry you can't be with her. Perhaps Facetime would give you the ability to send your love and support. She sure has a wonderful and caring daughter.

• sf-cakes
    sf-cakes Member Posts: 600

Mel, sending you love. It's so hard to not be with our loved ones when we want to be.

Emac, love the photos of you and your friend and the bridge!

• cookie54
    cookie54 Member Posts: 806

Mel Wrapping you in a big hug and sending up extra prayers for strength and peace for all. So sorry that you can't physically be there she knows you are there in spirit and your mom feels your love.

• seeq
    seeq Member Posts: 1,161

Mel - wrapping you in a comforting hug. So sorry you can't be with your mom. Losing my mom was the hardest thing I've done, so far, and that was nearly 20 years ago. I i hope it gives you peace to know that after all this time, she's still with me.

• keris113
    keris113 Member Posts: 45

Mel, I am so sorry to hear about your mom and that you cannot be with her right now. I am sure that she feels your presence there and knows how much you love her. Sending hugs.

• mara51506
    mara51506 Member Posts: 6,390
    edited October 2023

Emac, love the covered bridge and picture of your friend.

Mel, still sending you and your mom support from my pocket. I am sorry this is happening now.

I am doing PT, got the mail done yesterday, was difficult to do, the driveway has a large hill now and it is hard to get over, planning to try to walk another way. Going down the hill is nerve racking as well, made it yesterday but it was not enjoyable at all. I feel trapped at home until the road is done which feels like forever. I may PT twice a day to keep the difference muscles stronger, we will see about that. I have decided that I will need to take UBER until the roadwork is more level, I am not seeing why I am trying to get out when it does not feel safe. If I want to check mail, that can be part of the shopping trip with DB. I can also take UBER to the hospital and play games to pay for it, watch the grocery prices. Just have to get them to come to the back of the building to bring me to the hospital.

Eggs and beans are the order of the morning, unsure what else. I have had my fill of the chocolate tuxedo cake, will be disposing of that today. It was good but also far too big, next dessert will need to be less huge.

In everyone's pocket who needs me, and have a good day.

• bellelove70
    bellelove70 Member Posts: 38

(LivingIVlife)

Mel- how hard it must be to not be able to be with your mom. Maybe FaceTime could work. A phone call so she can hear your voice. Either way she knows how much you love her. Peace be with you both.

Goldens and Chicago- Yay for stable!

Emac- wonderful picture of you and your friend out for the day. Even for a day it takes your mind off the issues you have faced.

In everyone's pocket with pumpkin spice cream cheese muffins for upcoming scans and results. Take care 🙂

• mkestrel
    mkestrel Member Posts: 180

A hug to you, Mel.

Goldens your sunflowers are fantastic. Everyone's family and friend pictures are beautiful. I was able to ride bikes at the park with my nieces and nephews. It blew all my energy for the next week lol but worth it. I think my niece Ivy is a marathoner, probably could bike 50 miles and then go ride her horse another 4 hours.

• sunshine99
    sunshine99 Member Posts: 2,723

I was away from the boards for a few days and missed so much.

Mel, I did see the comments about your mom, and I’m so sorry. It’s so hard to not be with them and to worry about losing them.

Emac, beautiful photos.

Waving hi to everyone. I’m so frustrated with this insomnia. I’m about to take up drinking…

Our kids were here this weekend. We’re going to be GRANDPARENTS!!! It’s super early, and they’ve told only a few people, but I’m already planning things for the baby. (This is our “adopted” son who claimed us as his parents.) We’re beyond happy for them.

I had something else to say, but I can’t remember what it was. MO appt on Wednesday. Will discuss Ibrance since I haven’t taken it since July. Waiting on esophageal motility study results. At least I’m eating a bit more and walking more. DH and kids both commented on it and were really happy to see me up and out more.

Waving hi to everyone in the living room. I can’t see very well, so if I ignore you, it’s just because I can’t see you. I still care, though!

Carol

• elderberry
    elderberry Member Posts: 1,067

mel: I lurk almost everyday and keep telling myself to sit down and post - somehow never do. But I cannot let this go without saying something. I am so sorry about your mother and how agonizing it must be not to be able to be there with her, hold her hand, kiss her and tell her you love her. Dear mel, you are in my thoughts and I wish I could be there for you, hold your hand.

• intolight
    intolight Member Posts: 2,319

Carol, congratulations Grandma! Love, love the news.

mkestrel, beautiful picture.

Mel, hugging you today!

• intolight

• micmel
    micmel Member Posts: 10,025

Thanks you ladies. Am able To talk to her but not face time , her phone is very old and is set in her ways about it. Doesn’t want a new fangled phone with too much going on. So I e been racking my brain with how I could travel but it doesn’t seem to be in the cards for me. I’m very saddened. I didn’t realize how difficult this process would be. She’s my closest relative I’m so sad. Thank you all for caring. I’m afraid to answer the phone!

• shanagirl
    shanagirl Member Posts: 419

@micmel …dear sweet Mel, it hurts so much in your heart when you are faced with losing your Mom. I’m sorry you’re going thru this. No words can change your situation in being unable to be with her…I just want to send you my love at this stressful time.🩵So try to get some rest this evening. Everyone here is with you in heart and spirit.

• micmel

Theo says hello.

• threetree
    threetree Member Posts: 1,561

Hi back, Theo! Mel - he must be such a comfort right now. So glad you have him.

• micmel

He really is a joy. I am enjoying having him. It’s been 11 weeks this Saturday since we’ve owned him. Seems longer. But he turns 5 months old on the 26th. Growing fast! He will be neutered on Thursday next week. Im Not looking forward to that either. But it has to be done. He’s a little cuddle bug. Our hearts are melted.

• irishlove

Oh darn I lost my post. Try again.

@micmel Does your Mom have a close friend or neighbor you could contact and try Facetime via their phone? My heart aches for you. sigh

Waving hello to all and praying for stable scans, pain free days, love flower pictures, walking in fall weather and babies and puppies, stories.

Went to infusion, shots and labs today. A sweet lady fell out of her infusion chair. I did not see her falling and neither did the nurses. She injured her shoulder. But I think injured her pride more. Next story is an ewww. Last month a man kept repeating that he needed an injection into his eyeball. Well, he was back and sitting next to me and repeating same story. It gets a reaction out of the nurses and probably patients listening. When he left, he reached over and gave me a hug. I think I let out a Eww or two. Next month I'm taking my ear buds. lol

Watching Phillies play. Scwarber hit a home run on the very first pitch of the night to a Philly player. Harper followed up with home run on his 31st birthday. Castellonois just hit a home run. wow Off to a great start.

• intolight

irishlove, thank you for the stories. Sometimes our world is too crazy for others to understand…

Mel, happy your Theo brings you so much joy. We already have to put Princess on a diet as she needs to lose two pounds. That is a lot for a 12 pound pup! We just love her so much none of us can resist giving her treats… It is hard having your mom live so far away during this time. I had that same situation when my mom died. It was hard. I have been thinking of you all throughout my day.

I had my PET scan today. I didn't sleep much last night so I actually almost fell asleep! My results are already posted. I think things are the same which is what we were hoping for but I am unsure how to interpret it all. I know my onc will comment at some point. I see her next week but I see my neurologist Thursday and am anxious to get her take on the whole thing.

• sunshine99
    sunshine99 Member Posts: 2,723

Good morning, my dear friends. Mel, thinking of you and just wishing things were different. I'm glad Theo is with you and will be sending him good thoughts for his "big boy" surgery next week.

Intolight, I hope you get some feedback from your neurologist on Thursday. I understand getting the news you hoped for, but not knowing how to interpret it all.

The strangest thing happened last night. I was sitting in my den, which is right off the kitchen working on some crocheting projects. It was about 10:30 and suddenly I heard a noise coming from what I thought was outside my kitchen window. I got up to investigate. It sounded like someone had fired up a machine out my window. As I approached the window over the sink, I saw my Nespresso machine pumping water like it was brewing a cup of coffee. I had been nowhere near the machine, so how in the world did that happen? I unplugged it and rinsed out the tray. Fortunately, it didn't overflow onto the counter, but ??? No idea how that happened. Ghosts in the house? Coffee drinking ghosts?

DH got up early, plugged it back in and made himself coffee. Worked fine for him, but he was just as puzzled as I was.

• intolight

Carol, my brother in convinced a ghost lives in his house. Doors suddenly shut, machines turn on, etc. My Auntie says my mom suddenly appeared in her mirror once… strange. Makes one wonder!

Mara, you are teaching me to be more purposeful in my day so I am starting to plan things a little instead of just remembering to do something. Will see if it helps. Thanks!

Mel, my Princess says hi to Theo!

• intolight

lol, sorry for the picture on the TV. British television!

• chicagoan
    chicagoan Member Posts: 1,026

Don't worry Intolight-we need those cheap thrills!

• micmel

Lol I was just saying “ what is she watching back there”? Lol. Too funny

• irishlove

@intolight I hope your scans show regression! I know you'll take stable, as we all would. Check your buttons on your coffee maker. We couldn't get our brand new washer to work. The repairman came and showed us how the button to push to start was hung up. I tried pushing that button a hundred times. Guess they are tempermental.

@micmel Wanted to say hello and thinking about you. I'm so glad you have Theo to lighten your life. Hope he heals quickly from surgery.

@brutersmom How is your husband doing? Did they figure out his hearing loss? Have you had any luck with a new MO?

Watching Phillies game. They are up 2-0 in to of 4th inning. Amazing defensive play by 3rd baseman Bohm and two single homeruns from our team. Wish they weren't playing so darn late for us oldtimers. lol Waving hello to all and hope you are having a good and pain free day. In pockets for all who may have needs.

Laurel

• cookie54
    cookie54 Member Posts: 806

Hi Ladies DH and I took a little break from it all and went to the mountains in Pennsylvania for 2 days. Fall foliage is not quite in full swing yet but very pretty!

Mel Thinking of you and glad you have Theo for some comfort.Hugs.

Carol Congrats on the wonderful news of becoming grandparents! So happy you have something to celebrate and look forward to.

intolight Fingers crossed for stable on the PET, hope you get info this week.

Hi to everyone in the room sending strength and peace to all going through rough patches this week.

• micmel

Loving the pictures! I love fall weather! Thanks for sharing. So glad you got to enjoy the outdoors

• micmel

Mae~. Hope you’re doing well. Haven’t seen. You dodgersgirl as well.

hope everyone is good today.

great great game last night. Awesome to watch those !