Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

My Husband, My Life, My Love, My Family, My Cancer

Comments

• illimae
    illimae Member Posts: 5,689

So sorry to hear about your mom, Micmel, I hope you find some comfort in hard times. Hugging Theo should help.

• tanya_djamila
    tanya_djamila Member Posts: 1,528

Micmel sorry for your loss. Condolences 💐 for you and your family.

Tanya

pocket duty for Carol (rad).

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,462

Hugs to you, @micmel ! 💔 So difficult to lose a mom ! Sending you all our sympathies.

• bellelove70
    bellelove70 Member Posts: 38

Mel- so sorry to read of your moms passing. May you find comfort in the memories. She always knew how much you loved her even though you could not be there. I send a soft hug 🫂 to you.

• emac877
    emac877 Member Posts: 688

Mel - I am so sorry to hear about your mom. I don't know that I have the right words at this time but I share in the words that have already been spoken. Hugs to you and may you find comfort in your family right now as you grieve.

It's been a rough couple of days. I just got out of the hospital with covid. It served to remind me why I should never go to the ER. It was nuts, everyone there was sick and coughing and there were patients in the hallways on gurneys. The nurse said everyone there had covid or the flu pretty much. I was isolated in a small corner room with no window in the observation unit and because they scheduled a thoracentesis to take some fluid off my lungs I was not allowed to have water or food. Even after the procedure I was not allowed because I was being monitored for complications. I tried very hard to be gracious but at hour 24 I asked for IV fluids because I felt like I was shriveling inside. They did that and gave me ice chips which helped a lot. I got discharged and am back on my home O2. I still feel pretty lousy. This is not the covid of 2020 but it's not a minor cold either. I got up this morning with chills and a fever and thought I was going to fall a couple of times I got so weak. I just got a script filled for Paxlovid and was sent from the hospital on a 6 day course of 6mg Dexamethasone and two different nebulizers. Those are helping. It sounds like my dad just came down with it too. So this is day 3 and I'm being told it can take up to two weeks to completely be over it. I'll stop griping now. LOL.

• sf-cakes
    sf-cakes Member Posts: 599

Sunshine, in your pocket for your radiation treatments. I hope it goes well and any side effects are mild. And that it helps!

Shanagirl, hope you are feeling better, such a scary sudden onset of symptoms for you.

Emac, ugh, so sorry that you had to be in the hospital and that long without fluids, and now you're dealing with covid. I know a lot of people who have covid or very recently had it. Really hope the paxlovid reduces your symptoms, and am glad you're able to get it.

Thinking of you all, and sending hugs ❤️

• irishlove
    irishlove Member Posts: 562

@emac877 Oh just what you didn't need, Covid. I hope the Paxlovid works well for you. I had covid the first round, even though I had the vaccines and booster. I had rebound effect from Paxlovid, so the covid symptoms lasted 3 weeks. Not too severe. This last respiratory infection has been a doozey. Todays the first day no sore throat and no cough. Just minor sinus problems. DH is still coughing almost 4 weeks, but we both tested negative for RSV, FLU, and COVID. So who knows what mutations are going around.

@sunshine99 So hoping that long awaited radiation is finally approved and gives you the medical healing you need. @shanagirl Frightening medical situation but I hope that you are feeling much better. Sometimes it's just so hard to tell what's b.c. related or side effects or even something else going on. Whatever it is, hope you can kick it to the corner quickly. @micmel Thinking of you and your family and praying for you. Once again I'm so sorry for the loss of your Mama. Be kind to yourself and take the space you need to feel what you need to feel. Sending a virtual hug.

I imagine lots of you folks will be getting that major nor'easterner starting tomorrow. Do be careful if it rains, then snows and rains again as driving on ice is treacherous. Time to get the milk and bread and be safe, please. We have a potential for severe weather here, too. Kids off camping this weekend, hope they leave the grounds early and get home safely.

Today was the first day since I was diagnosed that I can say I felt like a 7 or 8 versus the usual 3 or 4. We went to lunch and the sun gave me a spring in my step. I think I have the meds figured out time wise, what would benefit me the most. Claritin is now a mainstay, Zoloft, Aleve, Cranberry, Vit. D3 and L.D.N. at lunchtime. At dinner time, Ibrance and tylenol. Bed time Atavin and Gabapentin 300 mg. I sleep so well, only up to use potty one or twice in 9 hours. I also use a Lidocaine pump Rx a number of times each day to help with lymphadema of the truncal area, base of spine pain and back of legs. It works so well versus a patch. It's DH's RX but he let me try it one time and what a difference. I've asked repeatedly for my own, but so far nada, so I continue to use his.

In pockets for scans and surgery and any and all needs.

• eleanora
    eleanora Member Posts: 299

Dearest Mel

I have just logged in to check on all of you, only to learn of the sad news about your Mother. So sorry you are going through this. No matter how old we are when it happens, the loss of a mother is so painful. I have no doubt she could feel your love for her, even over a distance, and know that she must have been proud of you for many reasons, including creating this wonderful space for all of us to connect.

Warm hugs and kind thoughts being sent your way.

I log in every few days to read how everyone is doing, empathizing with the struggles and cheering for the improvements. Have been fighting an unidentified virus for over a month - not COVID, not strep, not flu or RSV. I think the worst is over and hope to post more regularly.

May 2024 be a year of stable scans and increasing strength for all of you.

Eleanora

• mara51506
    mara51506 Member Posts: 6,390

Mel, I am so sorry about your Mom's passing. We really are in your pocket and thinking of you today and everyday. I can also relate to the every feeling you describe, mine has been gone for 5 years and I spent the first year crying my heart out and eventually I was able to move into missing her without the tears. I avoid looking at her last birthday video as it is a trigger for me but still put my finger on her pictures as a goodnight kiss. We are all here for you as well. In your pocket. Cuddle your dog and rest of your family as well for support.

• threetree
    threetree Member Posts: 1,559
    edited January 6

Irish - So sorry to read about all that you and your husband have been through lately. This has been some fall and now winter for sure. I haven't been posting much at all, as I've just been too wiped out. Have been hurting all over ( but good labs and scans), fatigued, and fighting conso post nasal drip and cough. Cough changed a couple of weeks ago, so went to urgent care and tested negative for COVID and flu. Dr just said it was some sort of upper respiratory virus and that I would probably have a long and more difficult time with it due to being "somewhat immunocompromised from the cancer drugs". Thinking of that and your husband's lingering cough, I want to mention that I read an article a couple of days ago that's been going around the internet, about a cough that so many around the country have had that is not Covid or flu. Like the Dr I saw said, the Drs in the article say it's just some unidentified upper respiratory virus, so I would agree with you about whatever mutations of anything are float around out there this year. I'd send a link to the article, but don't know how to do it on my phone. Can't use laptop right now.

I also want to thank you so much for your post some time ago, on the faslodex thread I think it was, where you took the time to answer my question about where your Irishlove name comes from. You kindly told me the lovely story about Irish the dog, and I do appreciated it, but never thanked you for answering my question. That was because of my feeling so lousy for the last couple of months. I still feel crappy most all day everyday right y, but am finding a little time to respond to posts.

Mara - I can relate to what you said about losing your mother. I cried when I read the part about you touching her picture. For me I love to see my mother's handwriting on old notes, etc. that she made; makes it seem like she's still here for some reason. It's been 16 years for me and I still can't remember her without the tears.

• sunshine99
    sunshine99 Member Posts: 2,723

Emac, dang! I’m glad you’re back home where you are safe and warm (hopefully) but sorry you ended up in the ER. I totally hear you about the ER being the LAST place you want to be. The first time I was in Urgent Care, and they gave me some apple juice before I left, it tasted SO GOOD. I was so dehydrated from vomiting, but the IV fluids helped. Two weeks seems like a long time to start feeling better.

Radiation 2 of 10 went well. It amazes me how quickly the actual sessions go. They added a CT scan but even that didn’t take that long. I think from the time I walked into the clinic to the time I walked out was about 45 minutes, or less.

DS is visiting this weekend. I have asked if one of my neighbors can give me a ride to radiation 1 time next week. I hate asking for help, but I need to get over it.

Mara, DH and I went to the grocery store yesterday to pick up stuff they didn’t have at Costco. I remembered I wanted some hashbrown patties. Shelf looked empty, but there were some way in the back. He grabbed four packages. I guess that means he likes them!

I miss my mom every day. It’s been six years since she died.

Love and hugs to all,

Carol

• shanagirl
    shanagirl Member Posts: 419

I’ve just logged in to check on everyone, and I am so very saddened about your Mom’s passing, @micmel. Mel, It’s a painful sting to our soul to lose our Mom. Sadly it never leaves you. My soul hurts every time I think of my Mom’s passing, and all of the feelings and memories that well up inside with this loss. My Night table next to my bed has a little lavender flowered picture album with pictures of her and the times with her over the years. Next to the little album is a small 5 x 5 box. It’ a pale blue marbled alabaster stone type box we both were together when I bought it in a little gift shop in Seaside Hights. She was with us on a family beach get-away for a week when my children were small. She had collected shells and sea glass & little beach fossils with the children. She also purchased a few mother of pearl beach trinkets in the gift shop for me and a little starfish and since that time away with her, I have kept those little “memories” in that beautiful box which has those type of beach things carved into the lid. I. Still cherish that box and find myself opening it sometimes to view what’s inside, when i think of her or look through the little lavender picture album. I’ts kind of a little shrine to her memory, the album not only hold pictures but also a little folded letter addressed to my daughter, 9 yrs old at the time, that my Mother wrote to her. Mom gave that letter to me earlier in the year because it had the recipe written it for a favorite dessert she would make for my daughter, and her siblings when they stayed at her house overnight sometimes… yes i keep those items along with some pretty healing crystal stones on my night table. I just wanted to share this with you @micmel along with my deepest condolences to you and your family🩵🩵🩵 Rest calmly and peacefully tonight sweet Mel.

• micmel
    micmel Member Posts: 10,025

Thank you everyone. I think I’m still in shock. I took care of her final Arrangements on Friday. And it was surreal. She will be cremated and I will be bringing her home to be here with me. I’m giving my step father a separate urn and necklace that he requested. My mother left me in charge of all her final arrangements so I am able to honor her wishes. But not with out support from my sweet loving DH. my Kids are also being so supportive and understanding in my grief. It’s a heavy thing to go through. I’m sorry for all who have been through it. I have waves of emotion and grief. I’m taking day by day. As it comes. Thanks again friends

• irishlove
    irishlove Member Posts: 562

Hello everyone. Thinking of you all. @threetree how sweet of you to respond about Irishlove. It may sound crazy but sometimes I feel his spirit laying at the foot of my bed. He was just one of those loving rescues that would look you straight in your eye to your soul. I miss my dawg…

@micmel pulling the arrangements together is no small task. I wish you did not have to go thru this. Much support and love is sent to you and your family from me and my family.

@shanagirl Your story of your Mom's collection and relationship to Seaside Heights is such a lovely memorial. There's a special place in my heart for Seaside Heights. My Mom loved Seaside. My sister married on the beach Seaside Park. Ran that boardwalk with my sister and two brothers from the age of 7. Those memories just stay with one thru life. I can picture your blue box and the thought it took to place items inside. You are so sweet and endearing.

@sunshine99 So good to see your finally getting along with your radiation. I hope it goes by fast and heals your body.

I'm finally over the respiratory mess. DH is better but sleeping all the time. He has oncologist appt. next week. Fingers crossed his numbers are good so he gets to skip another month before starting chemo. I don't think his blood tests would be too accurate after surgery, major infection and now major respiratory that definety hit his lungs. But we will see.

I hope everyone is home safe and sound from the storm and enjoying some hot tea and tea biscuits.

• cookie54
    cookie54 Member Posts: 806

Mel Sending strength and hugs to you as you handle arrangements. Yes one day at a time….

Irish So glad to hear your feeling better.Sunshine is definitely a great mood booster for me too!

sunshine So glad your on your way with radiation. I also love that it's a quick in and out appointment, certainly helps!.

emac Geez I sure hope your feeling better each day. Sounds like an awful experience that that I was picturing when reading..ugh. Paxlovid should do the trick, sending healing vibes.

Shanagirl Sounds like a beautiful tribute to your mom. Those warm memories really do provide comfort.

Crappy weekend here but at least it was pretty much all rain. We will enjoy the sunshine tomorrow! Using these "inside" days to organize and clean up from the holidays. Waving hello to all and wishing you a peaceful day.

• mara51506

Mel, still in pocket sending my love and thoughts.

My area is supposed to get some mixed weather so am getting kitted up with my own personal snow supplies to keep any sidewalk where I enter and depart a car, paratransit or place to put garbage. It is supposed to be heavy wet snow then rain. Had to get a cane with retractable ice pick since my current ones don't work. Got a shovel that you can assemble, nothing huge but will fit in a box which works as I can keep it in closet and some of the blue ice melter, better than the stuff they are using, can stretch with my pounds of baking soda as well. Going to attach cleats to a pair of shoes and keep them ready as needed. I cant take them on and off easily but will try. My thought is I need to make it possible to get to the car or paratransit so keep it clear. I will be messy but if my area is clear, I feel safer. Be safer before the weather shows up. Going to be sloppy.

Not sure what I want to eat yet, thinking the egg mcmuffin riff with lentils mixed with the egg and put some of the cabbage slaw on with some topping, possibly some cheese as well. Later will open up some black beans to augment any nutrition from the lentils, make sort of a mix and have with fish for supper. Only other thing happening later is laundry and games for cash as well as usual stuff I do online.

In everyone's pocket as needed and sending my warmest thoughts out to all as well.

• threetree

Irish - After what I read about Irishlove before and now, makes me wish I could have known him too. I still miss the 2 dogs and a cat that were with me all the time I was raising my kids. During that time they would often sit at my feet, under the table, and in front of the heater, while I did whatever sitting there. Today I still have the same old table and incidentally a heater underneath it in my apartment. I usually do computer work there and "business" type things. Like you, I am convinced their spirits are there; that the 3 of them are lying next my feet keeping me company, but they're just "invisible". It's a real comforting thought.

Shana - What a lovely story about your mother and the "memory box". It's just so nice that we can have such things with us after they are gone. So comforting.

• mara51506

Well, fell asleep this morning and was unable to book my paratransit trip, I am thinking of taking an UBER trip because I am having to be at the hospital by 730 am and am unsure about how the weather will be, currently, we are not in danger of that noreaster that has been announced so I will see how it looks outside. I will call back to find out if there is anything else going forward.

• shanagirl
    edited January 8

@sunshine99 I copied and pasted this for you. Enjoy 😊🩵

https://relaxationadvisor.com/how-to-use-epsom-salt-in-the-shower/

Choosing the Right Epsom Salt

Not all Epsom salts are created equal. Look for high-quality, pharmaceutical-grade Epsom salt for the best results. It should be free from additives or fragrances to ensure a pure and therapeutic experience.

Shower Temperature and Timing

To optimize your Epsom salt shower, set the water temperature to a comfortably warm level. Avoid water that is too hot, as it can be drying to the skin. Aim for a shower duration of 15-20 minutes for maximum benefits.

How to Use Epsom Salt in the Shower

Pre-Shower Preparation

1. Begin by cleansing your body with regular soap and water.
    2. Ensure your shower area is clean and free from any debris.

Epsom Salt Application

1. While in the shower, take a handful of Epsom salt and gently massage it onto your damp skin in circular motions. Start from your feet and work your way up.
    2. Pay extra attention to areas with muscle tension or soreness.
    3. Allow the Epsom salt to sit on your skin for a minute or two to maximize absorption.

Shower Routine

1. Step under the warm shower and rinse off the Epsom salt thoroughly.
    2. As you shower, take deep breaths and allow the calming aroma of Epsom salt to envelop you.
    3. Focus on relaxation and let go of stress and tension.

Tips for Enhancing Your Epsom Salt Shower Experience

Aromatherapy and Essential Oils

To amplify the relaxation benefits, add a few drops of your favorite essential oils to your Epsom salt. Lavender, eucalyptus, and chamomile are excellent choices known for their soothing properties.

Music and Relaxing Atmosphere

Create a serene atmosphere by playing soft, calming music in the background. Dim the lights, if possible, and allow yourself to immerse in the tranquil ambiance.

Post-Shower Self-Care

After your Epsom salt shower, pat your skin dry gently and apply a moisturizer to lock in the hydration. Take a few moments to continue your relaxation, perhaps with a warm cup of herbal tea or meditation.

Safety Precautions

Consulting with a Healthcare Professional

If you have any underlying medical conditions or concerns about using Epsom salt, it’s advisable to consult with a healthcare professional before incorporating it into your routine.

Avoiding Epsom Salt Overuse

While Epsom salt offers numerous benefits, using it excessively can lead to skin dryness. Limit your Epsom salt showers to a few times a week to maintain healthy skin.

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

Is Epsom salt safe for all skin types?

Yes, Epsom salt is generally safe for all skin types. However, if you have sensitive or dry skin, it’s best to use it in moderation and moisturize after your shower.

How often can I use Epsom salt in the shower?

You can use Epsom salt in the shower 2-3 times a week for optimal results. Avoid daily use to prevent over-drying your skin.

Can I mix Epsom salt with other bath products?

Yes, you can mix Epsom salt with other bath products like bath oils or bubble bath for a customized experience. Just ensure you don’t overdo it.

What are some alternative uses for Epsom salt?

Epsom salt can also be used to fertilize plants, as a foot soak, or to relieve insect bites and bee stings.

Where can I purchase high-quality Epsom salt?

You can find high-quality Epsom salt at your local pharmacy, health food store, or online retailers.

Conclusion

Transforming your daily shower into a spa-like experience with Epsom salt is a simple yet effective way to relax, relieve stress, and promote overall well-being. By following the steps outlined in this guide and incorporating Epsom salt into your self-care routine, you can enjoy the soothing benefits of this natural remedy from the comfort of your own home.

• sunshine99

Shanagirl, thank you so much! I can’t wait to try this.

• shanagirl

@sunshine99

Amazon has a whole line of Dr Teal’s Epsom Salts body washes and scrubs. I want to try some of them, for those days of feeling those aches & pains from injection side effects.. You can just order it and have it delivered without having to go out. 😉

https://www.amazon.com/Dr-Teals-Melatonin-Chamomile-Essential/dp/B0CK51GDQD?ref_=ast_sto_dp&th=1&psc=1

• threetree

Shana - That sounds so relaxing! I'd never heard of an epsom salt shower before. It'd be nice to try, but I've had some balance issues lately ( likely from drug side effects), so would be wary of that much activity in the shower. I have a years old bag of Dr. Teal's in an under sink cabinet, but I think it's hard as a rock now and I should have thrown it out ages ago. I've only really ever used epsom salt for foot soaks and baths after mosquito bites or bee stings, etc. I'm fantasizing right now about having someone else do all the prep work for me, then getting into the shower with all the music and essential oil aroma, and that same person then cleaning up and scrubbing the tub/shower for me. That speaks to just how alone and fatigued/wiped out I am these days. I'm so glad to know that you feel well enough and have enough energy to pull that off. More power to you!

• shanagirl

@threetree Yes this year has been a tough one for dealing with all the aches and pain and. Joint pain for me, and I was really missing Epsom Salt baths. My Master Bath includes an extra “water closet” room with one big shower but no tub. There is another bathroom down the hall from my bedroom. It has a full bath tub and Shower 🚿. But I do not feel comfortable or even safe in a tub anymore ,although I always loved my baths. But since my 2 knee replacements and age related arthritis, I can’t get out of the tub easily the way I used to. So I’ve adjusted to showers. A few weeks ago I was so miserable after my monthly injection bone pain side effects, I longed for the Epsom salt soaks. So I went online and researched Epsom Salt Showers, and found a lot of information. So I tried it. It was 😊wonderful. I took my washcloth after soaping and rinsing and then poured the Epsom salt on it and rubbed it all over. I have a handle in the shower so I don’t lose my balance. I want to try Dr Teals Epsom salt scrub. I used a lavender mint scented bag of ES we had n the house. Now I’m addicted and want to try it with essential oil and even fresh lavender.

💜

• mara51506
    edited January 8

Shana, that really does sound relaxing for sure.

I have no plans as waiting for my shovel that can be taken apart and stored in a box, my ice melter that is safer for concrete and pets and which I will mix with baking soda as an extra snow melter as well and my new cane that has a retractable ice pick since other two are plain worn out. I don't need them yet, we are not affected by the noreaster. I was super lucky, I decided to call paratransit and see if they had any spots open up and they can pick me up at 7:00 am and they are able to. Just had a feeling I should check. Feel better doing that, makes it easier for me to eat at the hospital between the 730 MRI (usual one) and 1045 Herceptin. Planning super early bedtime Tuesday night so I can walk around the hospital after MRI and breakfast. Better than sitting the whole time.

Edited, brunch turned into two eggs, pancake mix to thicken things up, lentils and a handful of black beans. Mixed together seasoned with maple and brown sugar seasoning. Put them in a frypan covered on low and leaving for about 10 minutes, will probably fill me up so will likely use with another meal as a side. Was going to steam but too much to do, would have to cook separately, figured a pan setup with the pancake mix would be better. We will see. So hungry TBH.

Hope all have a good day and in pockets for everyone, sending my love especially to Mel but everyone else too.

• sunshine99

I love Amazon! What I find funny (or not) is that when the USPS delivers a package, they say "Left inside resident's mailbox." First, it's a mail SLOT, not a box, and it's usually left in the middle of the porch.

I am spoiled with the quick delivery although stuff isn't always cheaper. Like Ensure. Costco is much better priced. But, if I don't have someone to drive me to Costco, then Amazon is fine. Depending on my mood, I'll check the price-per-ounce and compare it to my local stores. Funny how much prices can vary.

I was able to drink some high-calorie Boost yesterday without getting nauseated. I had some grits along with the Boost, so maybe that helped. I think it's just too sweet for me.

I did "suck it up" and asked a neighbor if she could drive me to my radiation appointment tomorrow. I HATE asking for help, but people WANT to do it, and I need to let them. She's a dear friend and I'm so blessed to have neighbors like her.

Love to all,

Carol

• threetree

Sunshine - It was the grits that made it palatable I'm sure!

• intolight
    intolight Member Posts: 2,319

@shanagirl and @sunshine99 I would love to do an epsom salt shower, but like others I don't think I could clean the shower well afterwards. I can barely clean what needs it after daily use. I took a cold pill last night, got up at 3:00 and took some Tylenol, and slept until 11:00 today. Maybe over-medicated but this time I hurt extra from my shots and am struggling with a mild cough too and I desperately needed the sleep. My DD is cooking breakfast for lunch. We are in a blizzard right now and the DGD is off school so it is a sleep-late-stay-in day. Carol, I will need a ride the end of the month to my infusion. My DH will be out of town for the first time and my DD needs to sleep as she will be in the middle of three night shifts. I have been debating whether to drive myself (I haven't really driven in two years,) call an uber, or see if I can get a ride from Silver Sneeker or some organization which I have never done. I do have a great neighbor but like you I don't want to ask. It is hard.

• mara51506
    edited January 8

You have to watch Amazon because some of the prices are terrible while some compare to the grocery store. I might get some extra peanut butter because I can take 5.00 of the price through a gift card I earned. Nice thing is I get 25% off the cost since I am Canadian so only paid 3.75 for a 5.00 gift card and I get it right away. My normally 10.97 peanut butter turned into 4.95 and I always use subscribe and save. They will deliver it tomorrow.

I wound up having to put the mix of pancake mix, beans, lentils and two eggs along with a bit of canned turkey in a frypan. Added the maple and bacon seasoning. It was not much food but because it expanded, I could only eat half of it. Will be able to use it for other meals but it was quite enjoyable, I might look into using peanut butter and a spoonful of that mix but we will see, could also cover with cheese and give a quick bake of form burger shape with my hands, stick in an egg shaper, made a quasi burger or pizza. It faintly tasted of pancake, did not taste black beans or lentils but seasoned was really good. Superfilling though and sat in my stomach which was fine. I will just add more lentils. Planning to make more pancake bread even if plain to use for toast or whatever I decide later.

I did get lost in some wigs on Amazon that would be super cute but I have learned to hold off until I save up for it after all existing bills get paid off. Wigs and washing machines are my kryptonite to mostly frugal behaviour and really take discipline not to buy.

• shanagirl

@mara51506 I love how creative you are. But please be careful on the ice.

@intolight Yes it’s so true. Cleaning is hard now….DH always wipes the shower down, since he’s always the last one in the shower. If I am the last one I use an old towel to dry down the tiled walls, and floor gets dried down with the towel with my foot, I swish it back and forth with my leg and foot while sanding and holding the railing. I do this after squeegeeing the shower door. Keeping it dry prevents the mold from growing in a wet shower. Once I. Get dressed and it’s dry for a half hour I go in and quickly spray the floor and walls with disinfectant or Clorox spray.. Jonny mop the toilet , then just run a vacuum in the bedroom.DH or my son does downstairs. On days I feel like crap I do nothing😂 I’m sorry you are feeling so awful with your cold. I was like that last week. Just rest and give into it.

• mara51506

I almost did not get the shovel, ice melt and retractable cane yesterday. I checked Amazon and it said delivered but I could not find it. Just happened to bump into a neighbour who saw me walking around the building looking for it. Turns out the neighbour took the boxes and I am trying to give the benefit of the doubt as she was nice but I will have to watch my purchases going forward as I find it weird my items were taken to her place by mistake considering address is clearly listed on the front. If it happens again, I will make a complaint. If I find a box outside, I bring it inside the front door, no energy to walk up all stairs but at least if inside, no one steals it from the street.

Eating is going back to more normal meals. The pancake with eggs and all the beans was not very good. Rather more plain food like my own egg sandwiches and hashbrowns. I can change seasoning but nothing way out there, plain and thinner pancakes too. If I want to fold something in, make a thin pancake and wrap in a sandwich.

Hope everyone has a good day, in pockets for everyone who needs me as well, will not have need of winter stuff