Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

My Husband, My Life, My Love, My Family, My Cancer

Comments

• shanagirl
    shanagirl Member Posts: 419

Good Morning sweet Living Room Girls.🥰

I just cancelled my appointment for Todays visit with my oncologist monthly follow-up and injections for XGEVA & Faslodex. Just not up to a 1 1/2 hour trip in bad weather. I was also dreading going up there and having bad news today, because today is my CANCERVERSARY January 9 both 2009 and 2023. For me this date seems the the day cancer diagnosis shows up……..very tired today and so relieved DH had my appt rescheduled.. I love him.

Have a side effect free day today, Ladies🩵

• sunshine99
    sunshine99 Member Posts: 2,723

Mara, I’m sorry about your package issues. Most of the time Amazon is great, but every once in a while, things go who-knows-where?

Shanagirl, I hear you about just not being up to a 1 ½ hour trip—bad weather or not! BTW, I took an Epsom salt shower last night. I forgot I had some Dr. Teal’s lavender salts. It was quite nice! I hope you have a restful day and am glad you were able to reschedule your appointment.

My neighbor is driving me to my radiation appointment today for session 4 out of 10. They moved some of the times around and tomorrow’s appt is at 1:45 and I have my Faslodex shots at 1:40. They said no problem, they’d take me when I got there.

I got my blood work results back. Weird stuff going on. Blood glucose was 144. It’s never been that high and I haven’t even started on the Truqap yet. I think it may have something to do with just eating some grits earlier, then drinking half a bottle of Gatorade on my way to get my blood drawn.

Other things are off, too, like my RBC, HGB and HCT. CEA is up again. I have an appointment with my MO tomorrow, so I’ll ask her. I also have a couple of friends who may come to visit this weekend. They’re both MDs and he’s an MO. I’ll ask him what he thinks. I have no problem showing him all my test results, etc. Both of them are super smart and super kind.

Couldn’t fall asleep last night until after midnight. Slept on and off, but finally woke up at around 9:30 am. Very unusual for me, but whatever…

• emac877
    emac877 Member Posts: 688

I have gotten really suspicious of Amazon. I'm finding it harder to find what I'm looking for in and among the "sponsored" items and I agree, you have to know your prices. They aren't always a deal. I'm using them far less often than I used to unless I have a gift card.

I am thinking of all of you in the path of that storm. Our local forecasters are freaking out here but that's largely because they have nothing better to talk about. Our local news has to struggle to fill the time slots with fluff about water rights and news out of Shasta county in CA and all the little farming counties that have not much going on but news about water disputes and grazing rights and the occasional missing person. None of us really cares and the weather is right about 1/2 the time. I don't think we are getting nearly what the east coast is. I'm still feeling lousy. I am at day 7 but still very fatigued. I've had some great support from family and friends but wouldn't wish this on an enemy. It's been miserable. I'm off the oxygen but still having trouble eating. Epsom salt baths or showers sound amazing but I'm just not up for that right now. Stay safe and warm. Thinking of all of you.

• irishlove
    irishlove Member Posts: 562

Good evening everyone. I hope all of you are safe and sound after this storm. We were under tornado warning for about an hour and watch for couple hours. Fortunately no tornado or damage from the winds.

Just wanted to mention I'm finally over my respiratory ailment after 3 weeks and antibiotics. Happy to be in the week off from Ibrance, and no Zometa for total of 3 months due to root canal. Tomorrow an aide comes to set up Zoom for me and I'll have my first counseling. I haven't made any notes to specifically ask questions, I'll probably wing it. Thursday is DH's appt. with his MO. Hoping for more time before he has to start chemo for CLL. My MRI of brain Tues., Jan. 16. Won't be seeing the results until Jan. 30th appt. with an N.P. Still waiting on new MO that's been promised for months.

In pockets for all in need and all your needs.

Laurel

• sondraf
    sondraf Member Posts: 1,664

Im going to try the salt shower as well, our one bathtub is not in an enjoyable space. I think I have a bag in there already, but if it isn't good anymore will walk over to the organic shop in the village and get some new stuff. Anything to help the exemestane aches.

@micmel , I was sorry to read of your mother passing. It sounds like your family have really stepped up with the warmth and love, and I hope that continues to carry you through thr adjustment period.

@sunshine99 did you have those bloods done after you started rads?

It turned cold here on Monday and was spitting a bit of snow.

• micmel
    micmel Member Posts: 10,025

Love to all. Thank you. This has thrown me. I loved my mother very much. Can’t seem to come out of the fog. One day at a time. Hugs to all.

• mara51506
    mara51506 Member Posts: 6,389

Mel one day at a time. Still in your pocket.

At the hospital. Early MRI and paratransit was fine. Ate something and feel less tired. Body would not relax so no real sleep but it's fine. MRI was interesting due to random muscle spasms. Hopefully the sausage muffin I had here keeps the cramping to a minimum. Have 2 hours to kill before appt for Herceptin.

In everyone's pocket and hope we all have a good day.

• micmel

In your pocket too Mara!

• irishlove

Good evening all. Mel thinking and praying for you and your family. sunshine, brutersmom and all in need, I'll be in your pocket.

It's 45 here in good ole central FLA. Next round of severe weather I see is heading east, south, plains, oh heck it's heading everywhere. I can't imagine zero degree temp. with windchill below that, but that's what is predicted for IOWA. Brrrr…Stay safe, stay warm and try to stay home.

Well my counseling session ended before it started. It was to be ZOOM in my living room and a tech set me up. Only thing mia was the Dr. He called in sick and no one notified the tech or myself. We will try again next Wednesday. It's for the better as I'm sick in my stomach (guessing colitis) and that could be embarrassing to have to ask for bathroom break.

• cookie54
    cookie54 Member Posts: 805

Mara Hoping all is stable on the MRI and herceptin went smoothly.

Mel Wishing you a comforting day today.

Irish Sheesh ..always something. Just a fluke that your first session was a no-show better luck next week. Hope the colitis settles down today. Yea interesting weather week for everyone!We were lucky to escape power outages and tree damage.

emac Hope it's an easier day for you today.

sunshine How nice to have MD friends and a MO too! Would be nice if they're able to give you some insight on the bloodwork. Hope Rads are going smoothly looks like your halfway there.

Shaagirl I would have cancelled too, gotta follow your gut. Wishing you all good news on your next appt.

Been excited and nervous this week as we have been applying for rescue dogs . We miss Daisy so much and the love of a dog. Plus it really is a good distraction for me from all my crap. Anyhow we were approved for a lovely Yellow Lab named Allie! She is 1 years old and is being fostered in Oklahoma seems like a sweet gal. If all goes well with her transport we will pick her up in Pennsylvania this Saturday! I wish we could save them all.It's so sad to see all these dogs listed even puppies that will be euthanized if not rescued.Praying all goes well and she is a good fit for us.

Going to enjoy the sunshine today before more rain tomorrow and much colder weather next week. Thinking of all in the room and wish you a peaceful day.

• shanagirl

Good Morning Everyone, I’m going to be leaving soon to go to my appointment with Onc , Labs & Injections . I hope all is well with you all. Have a good day🩵

• tanya_djamila
    tanya_djamila Member Posts: 1,528

Shanagirl pocket duty for your appt today.

Mel I hope you’re ok this morning sending hugs.

i had treatment Tuesday zometa and faslodex bloodwork. The faslodex hit an island blood fountain. I am grateful the medicine works -wish they’d complete the pill version of faslodex.

im resting with a heating pad for awhile.

waving hello to all.

tanya

• intolight
    intolight Member Posts: 2,319

tanya, I am with you on the shots. It took me a good five days to stop hurting from Faslodex last week. I get both, Faslodex and Zometa, next month. My poor thighs are always numb now.

It has been cold and snowy here the past couple of weeks. Fortunately our city knows how to deal with it. Me, not so much. We will venture out tomorrow for PT even though it is supposed to snow. I would cancel but it is my last one and it helps.

• micmel
    edited January 12

Hello ladies. I’m reading along kinda like a robot. It’s been a week today and it’s gone by so fast. But I feel a pull that she’s missing. Like I should be calling her. I’m starting to get alot of family calls for her. Cousins. Aunts, brother. Nice to know people cared. It’s still sinking in that she’s gone. I’m so sad. It’s heavy inside my heart. I loved her dearly. As I know you all love your family. Sigh. I want to wake up and have her voice on the line. Life can be so cruel , as we all clearly know. All I’ve got is day by day. I think of you all daily as well. Hugs and in pocket for anyone who needs extra support. Sleep well !

• irishlove

Hi everyone. In pockets for all your needs. I'm climbing into DH's pocket, too. We have to travel 1 1/2 hours to his MO's office. I went along this time since DH doesn't tell me "things". Well his MO said his pet scan is alot worse. Example one lymph node is 4 c.m. by 3 c.m. under his left arm. Foley is a reactive not proactive type personality. He's stalling and the MO is trying to get him a better biopsy (last one didn't tell much as it was a needle biopsy). Next biopsy needs to be done by surgeon, not interventional radiologist and then it will settle his specific diagnosis. Bottom line it's time and Foley is not agreeing to start tests and treatment. I suspect he's waiting on my brain MRI findings. The test is Tues. 1/16 but no one to read it until 1/30. I've made a decision to not open the portal this time. Wait for experts to interpret it. If it's negative, I will push DH to start tests and treatment. If it's positive, I'll get our children to hold an intervention. Lots of logistics to consider for his treatment and mine. Toying with the idea (again) of selling and moving to Ormond beach where his MO's new office will be and I jump ship over to him. Can't see either one of us driving in the near future and we will need access to medical care and transportation. We now live in a "dead" zone. One medical van and it's difficult to reserve a seat and you have to wait forever for them to pick you up after dr. appt.

Sorry so long winded. Doing my thinking out loud. Frightening time but I have a new motto: "BE STRONG AND CARRY ON".

• shanagirl

GoodMorning…. Yes ladies I agree about the shots in the butt. I had mine yesterday, still sore, swollen and itchy.nthe only thing that helps the discomfort is to spray bactine on them

• shanagirl

So I saw my Oncologist yesterday and mentioned to him a cough keeps me up at night so I asked him if the Verzenio causes this? He said It can cause lung issues. But he wants me to see a Pulmonologist and get an X-ray this week. I’ve never felt my lugs have cleared completely since my flu last March. I had bronchitis for weeks after that. And my scan’s always picked up “opacity” likely due to infection. But then that cleared up.So I went back over my latest scan from12/7 which mentions stable no changes or new mets or lesions.and scan was consistent with April 7 2023 stable scan for no sign of progression. But I did notice it said “Hyperinflation” of the lung……..so I lay awake all night stressing over this and what it means, and why I suddenly need to see a Pulmonologist…. It’s always something with this damned hairy ass disease😫

• sunshine99

shanagirl, I've added a pulmonologist to my team, too. "Something" usually shows up on my scans. They call it ground glass opacity or tree in bud something. Probably due to infection. When I last saw him, he said that if it continues to show up, he'll want to do a pulmonary lavage just to make sure there's no mets there. I really like him. It appears to be either clearing or stable, so I guess that's a good thing.

"Damned hairy ass disease" is PERFECT!

• goldensrbest
    goldensrbest Member Posts: 710

Finally had my right breast MRI at 7:30 this am. Thankfully it was that early as we have a winter storm warning thru noon on Saturday with predictions of up to 15 inches of snow😳😳. Our poor pups will have such a hard time going potty! Anyhow, great news as there was no evidence of cancer and what can be felt are likely calcifications. The 23 yr old implant is not leaking. Our prayers were certainly answered. I had fabulous follow up through this whole process which started in October. I hope to heck I never have to have another breast MRI. So very uncomfortable flat on your stomach with arms overhead for almost 40 minutes. My left shoulder replacement that is 9 months old was very unhappy along with my back. Back to regular scans next week.
    Oh dear Mel, I’m sending you hugs. Grief is a very personal journey. I lost my mom 34 years ago. But when I lost my brother a couple years ago I really struggled. He was my only sibling and we talked several times a week. It took a long time to get over not hearing his voice.
    Irishlove - so very sorry about the news of your hubs. Why are men so stubborn. You have so many things to consider. Send you hugs.

In fact I’m sending hugs to all of you as we struggle along this road. Hope we get the answers we need!

• mara51506
    mara51506 Member Posts: 6,389

Shanagirl, I looked up the hiperinflation of lung thing, there are too many things it could be to guess but I did find something that if you have not tried yourself, there is pursed lip breathing. You take a slow breath in, does not mention any super deep breathing and exhale slowly through pursed lips. I did that myself if getting tired out from a walk, it does help a lot and should be doable as well. I also use this when I get nauseated from the contrast used.

• cookie54
    cookie54 Member Posts: 805

Goldens Yaay congrats on good MR, we need some good news here! Hope you don't get as much snow as expected, yes have to shovel the "potty path" lol.

Mel Sending hugs and super strength, it's just so hard!

Irish I'm sorry you guys just never seem to catch a break. Sending up extra prayers.

Shanagirl Ugh, I hear ya we ALWAYS have something to worry about. Hugs and positive thoughts your way.

Thinking of all here and the endless struggles, may we all find moments of peace.💐

• tanya_djamila
    tanya_djamila Member Posts: 1,528

Goldens congratulations on good news!!!!

Mel sending hugs.

My DD and her 5 children are looking for a house. Thankfully because we really are super duper out of this world crowded for a year and a half. Loved having them it I know it was a struggle for all of us.

My closet shelf thing fell today so tomorrow I’ll go get a kit to replace. I had to cram all clothes coats blankets etc in there bc of the extra people and it finally gave way.

Waving hello to all.

Tanya

• intolight
    intolight Member Posts: 2,319

Goldens, horray on the good news. It is always good to hear those words.

Tanya, it is difficult to live with extra people even if they are ones you love. And especially when going through difficult times yourself. Let's pray your DD finds just the perfect house, and you get yours back.

shanagirl, I have had "ground glass opacities" in my lungs for a couple of years now. The severity changes, but usually I am "watched" but that's it. Two years ago I was hospitalized for five days with pneumonitis but the doctors were able to get it all under control. I do feel a little like something is going on now but I have a CT scan scheduled for next week so we shall see how it all works out. I wouldn't panick and would allow your pneumonologist to watch them. It might be the Verzenio (which I am on too) but two years ago I was on something else.

Carol, how are you feeling? I pray daily your radiation treatments are working.

Mel, continued prayers for comfort for you. Both my parents passed ten years ago, four months apart, and I was devastated, but with time I have learned how to manage. I still yearn to chat with my mom and pray with my dad, but instead I look at my mom's ring that I sometimes wear or the pictures of my dad fishing with my kids and I smile remembering the good times. It helps.

Praying we all stay warm and safe during this extra cold season.

• irishlove

Waving good morning to all the night owls. In your pocket for all your needs. Mel I wish you good memories for the years with your Mom. May she look down upon you and watch over you and loved ones. Goldens, hurray for good news.

My word this weather stinks. Storming outside, but we are in low risk severe weather alert overnight. Not sleeping due to colitis. I held off going to ER and I think it's better. I'll stick with fluids only for a day or two as today was brutal. I know food and stress can be the reason, but I wonder about Ibrance?

For those of you in the middle of this heavy snow and severe cold, please stay safe. Hard to believe, but we are expecting a cold snap that will put us in the 20's next week.

Thank you all for concerns for my DH. It's been a year since he was diagnosed, so in a way we are fortunate that he was able to hold off on starting chemo this long. Now let's see if we can get him moving in the direction of a biopsy.

• shanagirl

@mara51506 🥰Yes I did research “hyperinflation” and also read about the persed lip breathing. I am also thinking that because I have seasonal allergies and asthma I’m making a lot of mucous in my nasal and respiratory system, it affects my breathing and makes me short of breath, so I thought about this last night and took a Sudafed and Afrin nasal spray for my clogged sinuses and took 2 puffs of my inhaler before going to bed. I was all clear and breathing good and so I slept good all night. So rather. Than. Thinking the worst, I think my coughing and always trying to catch my breath is due to my asthma. But I’m glad I will get the chest X-ray on Tuesday with the Pulmonologist who works with my oncologist.

• irishlove

Hi everyone. @shanagirl I just wanted to send caring thoughts your way. You've sure have been dealing with so much lately. I hope you got good news from opthalmologist. Also hope your husband is doing better.

Stayed in bed all day. This darn colitis takes a toll on one. Still wondering if Ibrance is the cause? My nose keeps bleeding, too. Wish I had an MO. As I've said before I live in a largely populated area. I keep hearing they have an MO hired, but have yet to see him or her.

Watching Kansas City playing Miami in -7 degree weather (I think they said wind chill is -23). Coach Reid's mustache is frozen. lol Hopefully the Eagles will show up in their playoff game.

In pockets for all in need. I caught up on reading some other threads and wanted to send my deepest sympathy for those that have lost loved family members, as well as friends over the holidays. I lost my GF at Christmas time when I was 16. It has stayed with me thru all these years.

• emac877
    emac877 Member Posts: 688

It's been a really interesting weekend here. I ended up in ICU with dka. I don't suppose anybody ever wants to be in the hospital but I have found this trip around really frustrating. I guess I started out pretty confused with my labs all wonky but I'm coming out of it now. I'm hoping to be home soon in a couple of days. This med almost killed me. I think that I am done with Piqray. I have an appointment on the 18th and I'm going to see what other options I have available because I just can't keep doing this high blood sugar thing. My body is not functioning well on it and now it's put me in the hospital.

The people are all very nice but it's just not the same to be in your own space. Plus I'm hooked up to all kinds of monitors and everything and you just can't sleep well in that environment. I just miss my own bed. I'll quit singing my sob song over here.

Hugs and warm thoughts to all of you still burying out from the snow. We didn't get nearly like you did back there. But it can be dangerous just the same

• sunshine99

emac, I’m so sorry. I’m going to be starting Truqap on the 22nd. It’s supposed to be a little easier than Piqray. I’ll still have to monitor my fasting blood glucose. I got a home monitor to use.

• chicagoan
    chicagoan Member Posts: 1,026

Emac-that sounds really frightening. I hope that you are home soon and a new treatment plan can be devised.

• eleanora
    eleanora Member Posts: 299

@emac877 and @iriscernea@irishlove

I don't post a lot, but check in frequently to see how everyone is doing. You both have had a rough time of it lately and I think of you often and send well wishes your way.

Your determination is inspiring and I know that I am only one of many cheering you on.

Take care

Eleanora