Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

My Husband, My Life, My Love, My Family, My Cancer

Comments

• threetree
    threetree Member Posts: 1,553

Hi Snowdrop, and welcome. I absolutely love cherries!

• mara51506
    mara51506 Member Posts: 6,384

Shana, I've had plenty of those days too and can empathize. The brain fog is no joke after years of drugs, brain rads and surgery. I am In your pocket to feel less foggy and less almost depressed. I hope you can find something you enjoy, maybe a good tv show or movie can help. Youtube has lots of channels that almost read books. I got to experience a ton of Anne Rice with a channel the naughty librarian.

• mara51506

• mara51506
    edited August 2

Tried to do laundry but the stool holding the panda broke. Took legs off the stool, will insert weights in stool storage. tape lid down. Put foam on bottom of legless stool and top, tape those down and use a large towel to stabilize panda spin dryer. I also purchased a new portable washer, same model as the one I have had more than 3 years. Need to have a practical wash option, cannot drag my stuff to laundromat

Eggs this morning with a lot of cheese, seasoned with fibre one cereal done up in spice grinder, garlic and salt, have not made up rice yet. No lentils opened yet. Microwaving to save time. Might have two to three eggs, I will see very shortly. Repairs of the stool will commence after and I think that would be fine to since bedding wash is coming up, just feeding left to right in short cycles. Or keep the old washer to take care of some of it, not sure yet. Keeping everything in the closet for now since there is plenty of room.

I hope all have a good day and in all pockets where needed.

• micmel
    micmel Member Posts: 10,023

in your pocket Mara

Hope the reduction in meds makes you feel better intolight. I’ve been on 75mg for a long time now. Was on 125 mg for years ! I look back and think how did I manage that?

Have a good day ladies. Happy Friday!

• mara51506
    edited August 2

Intolight, in pocket as well for the dose reduction to allowIng for less SE to deal with.

Got really lightheaded to the point of having to go to bed and lay down for a few minutes. Used a two canes to maintain balance. Unsure why but will add more beans and lentils, boost up the iron. I cancelled my echo which was already rescheduled and did of course cancel the paratransit. No fever so no illness causing but better safe than sorry.

• sf-cakes
    sf-cakes Member Posts: 596

Ina Jaffe, great NPR correspondent, who wrote the following article about her own experience with MBC, passed away 💔

• AJ
    AJ Member Posts: 246

@sf-cakes , thanks for the info about Ina Jaffe. A great reporter. She was 75. I gather that she had MBC for about 5 years?

• intolight
    intolight Member Posts: 2,315

@candy-678 My MO said my slight headaches were probably from Lack of hydration and low creatinine levels so don't go to brain mets, yet. She was reassuring.

• illimae
    illimae Member Posts: 5,687

@candy-678 Congrats on the good scans.

• cookie54
    cookie54 Member Posts: 803

candy Glad to hear the good news, yipee for stable! Hope your car is an easy fix🤞🏻

Goldens Glad you arrived safely and fingers crossed drive home is easier. Have fun!

Mara Hope you feeling better.

• threetree
    threetree Member Posts: 1,553

Irish - Love your "talking gibberish" comment, and I can relate. Sometimes I find myself doing that too; when talking both to others and now myself sometimes. I too have chalked it up to the drugs, brain fog, and fatigue. I don't try as hard throughout the day either, and am finding I really don't care (actually I think I do). I'll leave things "mostly" cleaned up, but not totally, and I'll do things like making typos in emails and I don't have the presence of mind or energy to correct them, and I just tell myself, "it's not that bad and anyone whoever reads this will know what I meant" kinds of things, and then it comes with this odd feeling of, "I really don't care ". Very strange.

Really hope your husband recovers soon and that the coming storm doesn't give you any troubles! Absolute best of luck with that MRI too.

• mara51506

Dang, last post disappeared. I will make this as brief as possible.

I am feeling better, had a bunch of lentils with my breakfast meal. It was just a Great Value frozen pasta, added 1/2 cup of lentils, garlic seasoning, all purpose seasoning and sour cream and onion. Added a dollop sour cream. When I use a frozen meal to cook this way, I just pull open the lid and add the stuff right on top of the frozen meal. You can do pretty much anything on top, usually heat for 4 mins and 30 seconds. I am planning to cook up some spanish rice and white rice separately, combine them in the fridge so I have an easy way to bump up meals. Another idea I came up with is instead of making kraft dinner, take the packages of cheese and set those aside to use as cheese seasoning on other meals, I think using these noodles to stretch and having all the cheese is a win win. Later am planning to make a tortilla, put in fry pan, spread some garlic and add rice and lentils, not too much since I also plan to add a precooked egg after it comes out of oven. Just going to crumble some of the old el paso hard shells, the cheesy ones. Should taste good.

I did wind up purchasing a new portable washer and spin dryer, same kind I already have. Already mapped out where to put it. The old washer still washes, the spinner was what died and was simply going to toss the old one but might as well keep it for the day to day alongside the new one. I should be able to keep them raised on the single step bench in there but going to put some foam padding underneath so they don't move around a bunch. Panda spin dryer goes to my bedroom closet and the only one to get rid of is the totally dead one, we will see. Adjusting budget to pay off the new one sooner, cut some streaming stuff etc.

• mara51506

My posts keep disappearing so just want to say, Candy, happy your are stable. You are dancing with ABEL, stable needs its' own dancing partner.

Irish, hope DH recovers soon and goes for xray, hoping you and can get some meds and advice on your spine, mobility etc. In you pocket. Though I may wish to see DB, I generally don't feel lonely, never been a real social butterfly. Most friends are either virtual like here or on my Facebook groups or people I have worked with at Home Depot or the call centre downtown. I do not mind. I am unworried about DB and SIL, I know they will call.

Cookie, I do feel better, adding more lentils and beans, just keep forgetting to use them. A lot of food choices here.

Goldens in your pocket for the trip home to be shorter. Enjoy the visit.

Hope everyone has a good weekend and in pockets for all.

• micmel
    micmel Member Posts: 10,023

yay on stable Candy!!!

• mkestrel
    mkestrel Member Posts: 179
    edited August 3

Hi all, hope you are having a good weekend. I'm going nuts with mouth side effects of everolimus. I've had blisters, the skin off my bottom lip for a month and it bleeds easily just trying to bite bread or anything because I'm on Eliquis. Hurts and stings. I use the dexamethasone rinse. I keep putting on Vaseline etc. I eat little bites trying not to touch my lips. It won't heal. Now I'm having increasing tingling inside my mouth and bad metal taste. I hope I'm not getting sores inside my mouth too. I have dr appointment Monday so will see what they say. I want to see next scan whether it's helping or not but I'm reaching the limit of my torture tolerance. Anybody else dealing with this? I'll go get some sugarless candy or something maybe. I can't chew gum, hurts my jaw.