Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

My Husband, My Life, My Love, My Family, My Cancer

Comments

• mara51506
    mara51506 Member Posts: 6,386
    edited August 14

Well, slept well last night, went to bed at a decent hour, woke up at 6am but stayed in bed until 7am. Am presently washing the clothes to wear to Herceptin. I want to wear the ones I wore a couple of days so need refreshing. Got Paratransit coming 1100 am which is good as well. Need to do some minor chores otherwise. New washer is doing well too, not overloading either, using the Panda spinner more too. Just throw the laundry in and then toss it in the Panda spinner and put a bigger towel on top for the balance. Goes 3200 rpm so most water is spun out.

Looking forward to getting out even if only to cancer centre. Nothing in particular in mind for breakfast, thinking beans and rice with beans and cheese going through chopper to resemble ground beef, add some wheat bran for fibre or cereal with the croutons, I will see, just white rice as to keep simple. Edit, later, don't have time now but planning to chop cooked eggs in with beans, cheese and croutons to turn them into the beef ground texture I enjoy so much for a different use whether on top of rice, pasta or in a tortilla, will have to see.

Hope everyone has a good day, in pockets for those who may need it.

• tanya_djamila
    tanya_djamila Member Posts: 1,528
    edited August 14

Good afternoon ladies

Pocket duty for Mara and sondraf. Treatment days are marathons.

Intolight congratulations on good scan.

@candy-678 does the arthritis light up on a pet scan? I never knew that. I did find out that my injection infection site lit up on the scan even after it was all healed.

Did anyone get a Covid vaccine recently? I read an article about a new version being available in the fall. I’m just debating if it’s worth it to wait since school resumes now. I know some have recently had Covid too. Any thoughts?

Take care all

Tanya

• malleemiss251
    malleemiss251 Member Posts: 544

@micmel a warm and careful hug for you during sad days and good days.💗

• intolight
    intolight Member Posts: 2,317

@sondraf I am with you about feeling sorry my DH has to do so much for me. It makes me get up and try but usually it is not much of a help. I do light dusting and always the toilet, but that is about it. He knows I am having a good day when I try to do the dishes. lol Everolimus mistreated me too with the pneumonitis. I was glad to get rid of that one.

• mara51506

@mkestrel I like to do stuff with cheese if when thinking of something different. It also depends on the type of cheese. You could take regular blocks of cheese, grate some up and put on a greased pan, enough to put stuff on top off like the lettuce, beans etc if you can have those. Other option, make the regular cheese into almost crackers, season as you will. They make crunchy chips, don't replace the bread but give something else to nosh on. You can also go the route of blending up cottage cheese along with grated cheese, season with anything you like and pour into a greased muffin tin, make sure each muffin space is less than half full. Bake at 375 for around 10 mins, let cool and spoon onto a plate, they are not large but would be good to eat. I made some this morning with 2 eggs and a bunch of cottage cheese. Blended up cottage cheese and eggs, poured into the greased muffin pan, baked up 375 oven for around 10 mins. It was good for me. There are recipes for low or no carb breads as well to help with your craving on youtube.

• mkestrel
    mkestrel Member Posts: 180

Good ideas, thanks Mara. Mmmm cheese. I have some grilled salmon, black beans and cottage cheese. I also have fresh garden cherry tomatoes for my salad.

I've been coughing but I'm getting over a cold. I really hope I'm not getting pneumonitis. Sorry to hear you had that sondraf and intolight. The mouth sores are getting better but taking forever.

It was funny this morning the nurse called me to make sure I started the diet and I said I had no toast. She said oh well you don't have to start the diet until 12:45 p.m. because that's 24 hours from the test tomorrow. So, I happily ate lunch at a restaurant with my family. Somehow it's less trouble to just do dinner tonight and breakfast tomorrow following the diet. I don't have to skip breakfast! That wasn't fun last time because I have to drive 45 minutes to the next town for the test. So it seems the best time for a pet scan is 12:45 p.m. haha

My tasty little tomatoes. Some virus killed most of my plants of the larger tomatoes...

• snow-drop
    snow-drop Member Posts: 543

Hello ladies, I have been reading your posts and I am impressed by how well we truly understand one another ❤️

sondra, here is the thread you are looking for: " Anyone starting brand drug, Enhertu? "

Hugs

• micmel
    micmel Member Posts: 10,024

welcome big hubs It’s always so nice to hear from lurkers. It lets us know what we share here makes a difference . Sending plenty of good thoughts

• threetree
    threetree Member Posts: 1,558

mkestrel - What a nice photo of the tomatoes. I just love little cherry or grape tomatoes. I eat some almost every day!

• mara51506

Intolight, never had an MCRP but in your pocket for it.

I slept well, have an echo at 2pm, Paratransit coming at 130pm. Should be a fairly short appointment for me though.

Doing a few cloths in the salad spinner so I can wash the stuff in the washer, not in the mood for the little washer today. Salad spinner is fine for small things that are not heavily soiled, wee washer takes care of the other stuff. I use the regular spinners to spin dry, salad spinner not able to do that. The duplicate spinner will be used for laundry only. Getting boxes to flatten. Last box should be the paper shredder which will be good, did order blue bags to collect the shredded paper. Instead of dumping it out which was messy, collect and just put the bags in the recycle. I have more items coming tomorrow, enzyme spray, peanut butter, Tide liquid which will last a long while and more blue bags as well.

Not sure what I am wanting today, think I will start lwith a milk and boost drink to start. May try out another cheese bread type thing with some of the cottage cheese and shredded mixed with parm cheese as well, put some chopped black beans to act as ground beef and cook in the breville at 375 for a while, that will be supper I believe.

I hope everyone has a good day, in pockets for everyone who needs me.

• threetree
    threetree Member Posts: 1,558

Mara - Good luck with your appointment today!