Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

My Husband, My Life, My Love, My Family, My Cancer

Comments

• mara51506
    mara51506 Member Posts: 6,386

Forgot to mention, again about the food I know. I did try baking up some cottage cheese, just a small spoonful. Spread thin on baking pan, sprayed with cooking oil. Carefully added some shred cheese on top with garlic and sour cream and onion seasoning. Put into Preheated oven at 375 and left for 20 mins. When it came out and cooled, it was fairly solid, not as crispy as the regular shred cheese made the same way but still good, made the cottage cheese more palatable to me and I appreciate the protein.

• micmel
    micmel Member Posts: 10,024

Mara~I really wish I had your way of being able to throw things together. Like you do, it makes me think. Hmmmm what could I make??

today sucked. I missed my mom badly. She’s been gone 7 months now. Seems long but my heart still hurts. I just don’t feel the same in life anymore without her. Even though I didn’t see her everyday. We were so close. I loved her and the childhood she gave me. I just want her back.
    a good thing was my dd moved into her own apartment this week. I’m thrilled for her. We’ve given her alot of help. Things are coming together she ordered this really nice couch , when it arrived , it looked like someone kicked it and rubbed dirt and grease all over it. She was so upset it was a thousand dollar couch.

that’s just one area that was ruined. They expected her to keep this couch. I told her no way are you keeping this couch. How appalling some companies are. She refused it and got a refund. Amazes me how the delivery men thought this was acceptable! Some good devils lettuce they’ve been smoking. Holy moly. But slowly she’s settling in. I’m so happy for her.
    hope everyone sleeps well. Love to all. In all pockets for ladies and a DH who hasn’t felt well for while now. Hope he’s better soon!

• shanagirl
    shanagirl Member Posts: 418

Good evening to everyone. I have’nt read along yet so I’m not going to respond to anyone yet. I went yesterday for my one month follow-up and the Xgeva & Fasoldex injections. All went well and I was able to discuss my concerns about my MBC and STAGE IV and the 2021 diagnosis in my right breast LCIS. I go for mammograms every 6 mths and ultrasound. I told my Onc I really hate having to go continue to worry about LCIS turning into something more and possibly having a. Prophalactic Mastectomy of that remaining breast. My onc didn’t recommend it because I’m doing so well on my treatment with no evidence of active disease an another surgery would interfere with my current treatment. I have to make. That 2+ hours trip and traffic to go up to North Jersey for a diagnostic Mammogram next week. Today I was just laying low with the injection SE’s and haven’t read along but will try to check in tomorrow with you all. Good night.🌙 In going to sleep now😴 🩵

• irishlove
    irishlove Member Posts: 562

Hello all. Watching Phillies. They are finally on a winning streak again. It's one of the few times I'm so distracted that MBC is not swirling in my brain constantly. Waiting for the Eagles games to start.

The nurse from the MO office cancelled DH's visit. She said they have too many patients that are on chemo to take a chance, so he's still coughing his head off and sounds congested to me. What can I do?. I have neuro appt. at 7 a.m. tomorrow and then GP appt. at 1:30. I did not want to schedule so early and 2 appts. in one day, but I had to accept a cancellation for neuro. Otherwise next neuro appt. is NOV. Talk about managed care skimping on costs and care…

In pockets for all your needs.

Laurel

• AJ
    AJ Member Posts: 247

• mara51506
    edited August 9

Good morning, I hope everyone is doing well today. Pretty gloomy looking so far but supposed to be partly sunny today, getting to be less humid over the weekend for a bit as well which is good.

I got the new washer out of the box and broke down the box, it was huge. Will put it in the laundry in the tub today. Edit, asked DB if we could take the two broken washers to the dump. No need to keep unncessary stuff. Just to have, need to get it to the hallway which will not be any problem. Told DB, one is around 20 lbs other is only around 10lbs, free up some room in my room. I need to stop hanging on to things I cannot use.

Foodwise, simple is the name of the game this morning, pot pies and lentils, later in the day having egg related stuff, possibly doing a cottage cheese bottom, shredded cheese on that with a dollop of garlic spread and beefless ground. Preheat oven 375, heat for 15 to 20 mins. Egg is done next, I would probably microwave that and just scoop everything together on a plate, add seasoning and a mix of the mayo and sour cream.

Going out early this afternoon with DB, unsure where but will buy a little something. We will see, he texted yesterday, will be nice to see him.

I do hope everyone has a good day and of course in pockets for anyone who needs me.

• mara51506

Just got back from going out with DB, was able to take my broken portable washer spinner and broken smaller washer to the enviro dump so those things are off my list of things to do. I huffed and puffed getting it out to the hallway but DB and SIL stuck them in the back of their van, drove across the city, dumped the stuff and then went to Walmart, got some treats like reese peanut butter cups, a pizza which I am going to cook up tonight. Put some cottage cheese on one of the pieces which will be good to bake up, not sure yet. Still need to put the new washer/spin dryer into the tub and leave Panda spinner in there.

• cookie54
    cookie54 Member Posts: 805

Mara Glad you got to see your DB and sil today. Hope it was a nice day out and yum I am a big Reese's gal also! Almost time for the reese pumpkins…delish. Have fun with your new washer, I hope it does a good job. Glad the old one is already disposed of. Enjoy the pizza.

Irish Yes the Phils are back to winning again, fingers crossed. Eagles pre-season game tonight , although they're usually kinda boring. Hope you and your DH are having a decent day today.

Shanagirl Ugh yep the traffic going north towards NY can be awful. The ride is certainly longer than the mammo! Well at least the weather looks great for next week so hopefully it won't be too bad.

Boy the winds here have been crazy all day and the rain has finally arrived now. Laying low tonight we will probably take a ride to Maryland tomorrow to check on boat. They are having crazy high tides and lots of flooding. Hopefully all is well.

• mara51506

Irish, glad to hear DH is feeling better and O2 is much better for him. In your pocket for possible PT or the cortisone shots, both would help. The heat certainly does not help either. I am glad that your appetite is returned on the lower dose drug and your supper sounds delicious. I love perogies and the BBQ chicken sounds good too.

Cookie, yes it was a nice visit. We really just did the dump and Walmart and a long drive. I love just riding in the van and the Walmart gave me the pizza. Today I will play what goes on the pizza next, thinking I will add some cottage cheese and regular cheese and melt it in the oven Eggs will be later.

I am going to continue to break down boxes and put them in blue bag then work on organizing garbage as well, boring but necessary. Need to put new washer in tub, no new set up needed either which is good. May still use the Panda spinner as it is easier to balance and do short cycles in washer to allow soak as well and give a break between. SIL thinks blankets should be done at the laundromat but I am skeptical of have to cart them over even with paratransit, think I will do them here with only washing a bit of a bigger blanket at a time. I will see what I want to do. For now, cat is insisting that I give him my lap so I must end the note.

Hoping everyone has a good day and in pockets for everyone who needs me.

• shanagirl
    shanagirl Member Posts: 418

@irishlove I'm relieved for you and DH that he is moving forward. That coughing is exhausting especially if it’s dry and Barky with that virus…. The only thing that seems to help coughing for me is Robotussin DM expectorant cough suppressant, and better nighttime for bed. It loosens everything and takes that dang tickle out of my throat.

• mara51506

That bird story is very sweet and funny, that would have been a lot of fun to see. I would not like snails in my garden if I had one, escargot might be something to consider though. Love that stuff.

I am testing heavy stains in my smallest washer to see if it works as well to get nastiness out of socks. I wore socks and got lazy about putting shoes on when checking mail and the bottoms were black almost. Doing 10 mins agitation, soak for 30 mins and will agitate again. Will see how that does. Also loading the portable washer/spin dryer with about 1/2 the amount of stuff as well. It really speeds the agitation and I think it is better for it, I will see.

I am thinking I will finish the pizza this morning and save the lentils, sliced tomatoes beefless ground, cottage cheese spread and shredded cheese at dinner. Not sure what to have for lunch.

Hope everyone has a good day and in pockets for anyone who needs me.

• mara51506

Weekend was pretty quiet for me, not unusual, watched movies and that was good. Really enjoying wheat tortilla and peanut butter as a snack along with milk and chocolate boost. I like all the nutrients.

Big breakfast coming, using a base of frozen great value penne pollo alfredo pasta. Opened lid all the way. Added 3 eggs and broke up the yolk on top to avoid exploding eggs. Added little bit of lentils and wheat bran. Microwaved on high 4 mins 30 seconds. Seasoned with sour cream and onion seasoning, added bit of mayo, like a tsp size and just mixed together. Will be filling so if I cannot eat all of this, wil put what ever I don't finish in another container. I did wind up splitting meal in half, thought being this is supper except to spoon out the contents, add to tortilla on a greased pan, put garlic spread on tortilla, spoon out ingredients, cover with shredded cheese and bake at 375 for 10 to 15 minutes, let cool and roll up tortilla. Cheap meals but also high in protein as well.

I hope everyone has a good day and in pockets for those who need me

• cookie54
    cookie54 Member Posts: 805

sondraf Glad your home safely and it sounds like you were surrounded with some caring guardian angels. Hope Enhertu zaps out those pesky bone mets. Maybe your appetite will improve on Enhertu, fingers crossed.

Mara Sounds like you had a lovely angel help you also. Glad to hear there are still good caring people out there.

Shanagirl Hoping that tomorrow's ride is a smooth one up to Paramus. Safe travels and may time go quickly to get it over with. Hugs.

intolight Thinking of you and hoping for stable results from your CT. Hoping some good news gets you back on track.

Early appt tomorrow for DH Mri of his knee and an Ortho consult. Hoping it's a quick fix to give him some relief. Sleep well ladies❤️