Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

My Husband, My Life, My Love, My Family, My Cancer

Comments

• molliefish
    molliefish Member Posts: 650

runor Hug

• molliefish
    molliefish Member Posts: 650

I get my vaccine tomorrow. Either Pfizer or Moderna. I will wait for those. I have had enough life threatening illnesses that I have no problem avoiding the AZ. I have low BPat 70/90 most of the time and a resting heart rate of 51 ... prime blood clot precursors right there.

• GiddyupGirl
    GiddyupGirl Member Posts: 196

run or

Good luck tomorrow. Keeping fingers toes and eyes crossed for you. Rock a pair of funky socks to show off those silky smooth gams. Hugs

Giddy

• emac877
    emac877 Member Posts: 688

Booboo - Prayers for you as you head into that surgery. I had the same surgery done in January of 2020 followed by radiation. It' s now my bionic leg. I wish you a speedy recovery and improvement from your pain.

Runor- Hope tomorrow goes well and this is just the beginning of healing for everything you've been through this month.

Elderberry - Such great news!

Candy - That is a lot of time to process an appointment. I think you are being wise. I am in hopes that the biopsy will give your MO the needed info.

• goldensrbest
    goldensrbest Member Posts: 725

So good news with CT scan - stable! Except it did find a fracture in my thoracic spine 🙄 but my back only hurts in lumbar area. My hubs says all old ladies eventually get them just due to age and osteoporosis. Well goody on that one😝. Bone scan was rescheduled as the generator was sitting on an airplane somewhere.
    Thanks to all for pocket duty.
    There is so much craziness with Mel’s living room family. Booboo and runor - praying for good recoveries from your surgeries. All this crap that keeps coming day after day is what only we as MBC patients can understand. Other folks just don’t get it which we have discussed over and over. I’m blessed to have one person in my life, my dear friend for almost 40 years, who asks every time how I’m doing. And I feel she really wants to know! She and her DH are coming to visit from 9 hours away and she is literally bringing all our meals for the weekend. She is an amazing cook (she has a planner that has every meal listed for at least 45 days out!). She says because they’re so far away, she can’t help on a regular basis, so she said she wants to do this for me. She is my angel on earth.

• candy-678
    candy-678 Member Posts: 4,168

Goldens--- WOOHOO !!!! Sounds like the time with your friend will be fun--- and good food!!!! Enjoy!!!!

• booboo1
    booboo1 Member Posts: 1,196

All,

Thanks for the well wishes. I am actually excited about getting the surgery done so I can start moving again. I sit too much. So look out Mara...

Mel, still thinking of you, my dear friend. I am hoping you might think about getting a new furry baby to love. Dogs are my emotional support...love unconditionally. I’m hoping for better days ahead.

• seeq
    seeq Member Posts: 1,167

runor- thinking of you today

Elderberry and Goldens - yay for clear scans!

Goldens - what a sweet friend! That will make it so much easier to enjoy her visit.

Candy - I would be frustrated, too. You expect your doc to be aggressive in your care.

Booboo - wow! You have a great outlook about your surgery.

Hugs for Mel and anyone else who needs one.

• mara51506
    mara51506 Member Posts: 6,463

Laurie, I would be happy to have you walk virtually with me, even if it is just for the number of steps. I still sit so much myself.

• 50sgirl
    50sgirl Member Posts: 2,071

Runor, I am thinking of you today and am ready to help you through the next two weeks of waiting for results.

Hugs and prayers from, lynn

• micmel
    micmel Member Posts: 10,053

oh runor~ you always get a smile out of me. Lol.

• dutchiris
    dutchiris Member Posts: 783

Thinking about you today Runor!

• mara51506

Runor, I know you are likely done your procedure. Still sending healing thoughts your way and waiting in your pocket for results.

• micmel

thinking of everyone who needed pocket duty today.

• ShetlandPony
    ShetlandPony Member Posts: 3,063

Runor, thinking of you today! Standing by you with everyone else.

Mel, I'm sorry for your loss of Deeohgee. I know he was a Very Good Boy.

• runor
    runor Member Posts: 1,615

Home now. Wow, that fentanyl carries one hell of a whallop! I keep losing my balance and walking off like a drunk person into walls and other objects I can't seem to navigate around. I had some cramping when I first woke up but by the time I left hospital that had stopped. No cramping now but pretty steady bleeding, which they said was to be expected. The heart monitor beeped relentlessly as I have an irregular heartbeat, like every 6 seconds kept setting off a beeper.  I am sure the other recoverees were glad when me and my beepy beep had left the room. It was annoying even me! First thing I said when I was able to speak was, "What is that annoying beeping?"  "Your heart. It's wonky."  Oh. Good to know. Also had several blood pressure readings that were cause for serious alarm but once I had my own underwear on it dropped down to good levels. I am never at my best when my hoohoo is flying free under those flimsy hospital blankets. My own gonchies always bring my BP down several notches. 

Doc swung in to say that while she is NOT able to declare me cancer free, that will be the job of the pathologists, she did not find anything overly alarming in my uterus. She did find a polyp that started on my cervix and travelled up into my uterus. I have had this polyp since I was in my 40s. Its name is Ruben and I have had it removed several times. Ruben keeps coming back. Perhaps they got all of it this time? Time shall tell. I feel slightly hopeful but that might be the fentanyl.

Ladies...I cannot say what a godsend and strength you all have been. Seriously. With all my heart I thank you all and thank god that I have found support here.

Under the heading 'it was meant to be', started chatting with another masked lady in the waiting room. Turns out we know people in common. Turns out she was in for a lumpectomy just having had the wire guide placed. I asked if she was scared. She nodded. I asked if she had anyone she could talk to about this, cry with, worry with. She said not really. There she was, sitting all alone waiting for the surgery and we all know how damn scary that  is. I nodded and listened while she talked and then I got called into surgery. I told her I would pray for her. On returning home we stopped at the place her son works. I know him. To hell with all covid rules I put my arms around him and told him to put his mom in touch with me if she ever wants to talk, about anything, even just to say how scared she is, how sore she is, how mad she is, I will be there. I will listen. He hugged me tight. Who knows, I may be able to direct her here for some information and comfort. I am glad I spoke to her. We all know how alone it feels in those bleak moments. We all need to know that there is a gang of earth angels praying, hoping and riding in pockets. Thank you again. I think I'm going to flake out now. Love and hugs to each one of you.

• micmel

thank you Shetland. From my heart. He was my best buddy.

Runor~ good news. Good to see you check in. So we all know you’re ok. Rest well sweet sister.

• micmel

SeeQ ~thanks for the hug. I surely needed one. Thanks for caring.

• tanya_djamila
    tanya_djamila Member Posts: 1,537

Runor that was such a kind thing to do. Encouraging news from the doctor.

Tany

• jhl
    jhl Member Posts: 175

Runor,

So proud of you to have the awareness & strength to give that young man support on the day his Mom had surgery. You truly are an angel. Now, rest well with your fentanyl dreams. Let tomorrow take care of tomorrow.

Mel - I am so happy you shared the pics of your sweet dogs. We will all keep them in our hearts for you.

Jane

• GiddyupGirl

runor

Glad you made it through. That fentanyl has some weird effects. I woke up and thought the nurses were all ninjas trying to kill me. Glad you’re just tipsy and drunk walking, stay away from the stairs. Sleep and feel better.

Mel thinking of you and your aching heart. Your boy looks like a real sweetheart. Was he part beagle. I know how much it hurts. Wrapping you in a hug

• micmel

Deeohgee was full bred treeing walkercoonhound. Tri color. The kids had wanted a beagle lol. They were too expensive so I got my baby boy instead. Best thing I ever did to get such a little love. I am really struggling without him. The house is too quiet.

Thank you Jhl. That means a lot.

• GiddyupGirl

Mel I got my daughter a beagle she was the runt so was half price. The puppy not my daughter lol. We all adored her and when she passed it left a huge hole in our hearts. Her coloring was a lot like your beautiful boy and his picture brought back a lot of memories. I am so very sorry you lost your boy but so glad you had him in your life. I promise one day the memories will make you smile even through your tears

• mara51506

Runor, glad to hear you made it through your procedure and just have to wait, I am glad the doctor is not seeing cancerous looking things in your uterus. Some encouragement there and a little more guarded optimism for you I hope.

• mara51506

Well, my body woke me up at 430 am again, due to earlier bedtimes now. I don't mind. Since there was not much housework I could do without extra noise, decided to get my 10000 steps before 10. Doing it on my treadmill to keep it easy. Once that is done, I have a lot of garbage and amazon packaging to put away. Got cat litter, cat food and saved up survey money for a wee washer with a lid. Doing 10 mins or so at a time and I think most days will likely start this way since I go to bed so early. Other than that, not much to do other than housework. Maybe I will file taxes for this year, they are due by the end of the month.

• kittykat9876
    kittykat9876 Member Posts: 420

Ronor, I'm pleased your Doctor was thinking there's no cancer there, here's to hoping she's right.

Sanju called me this afternoon with my petscan results, I've had a good response and everything is shrinking, so yay, I'm happy.

Mel, I am thinking of you, please add my hugs to the ones you've already received.

Going to schedule my covid vaccine tomorrow, it will have to be the astra xenica but I'm not concerned about blood clots, we don't have many of the Pfizer and they are trying to use what we have for the under 40's. We need to get our population vaccinated even though we are pretty much covid free so we can open our borders back up to international travel, although our government is saying it won't be until 2024 . The best they are saying are travel bubbles between countries like ours that have no community transmission, like Fiji and New Zealand, they are trialling New Zealand at the moment, its so far so good.

• micmel

Kitty~ Good news!!!! Shrinking is good!!! Thanks for the kind words. I could use a hug. Good report from the doctor.

Runor~thank goodness. Now maybe you can breathe some. I know how it feels to worry. I’m glad the worry is a lot less. Makes such a difference!

• goldensrbest
    goldensrbest Member Posts: 725

Runor - so glad your procedure is done and that your doc didn’t see anything worrisome. Fingers crossed the pathologist says the same. Props to you girl for taking the time post surgery to reach out to the son of the woman you talked to pre-op. That’s what I see in this living room - a family that cares about others

• candy-678
    candy-678 Member Posts: 4,168

runor- Thank goodness they think it is not cancer. Now to wait for the final path report. When I read the part of your post about the lady in the waiting room I cried. Sat here at my computer and cried. That was so nice of you to reach out to her and her son. I think of myself sitting in the waiting room by myself. I would have been so grateful for someone like you reaching out. You were put there at the right time for that lady. God bless you.

kittykat- Woohoo for shrinkage !!!!!

• dutchiris
    dutchiris Member Posts: 783

Runor...So good to hear things went well and th doctor didn't see anything particularly concerning for cancer. I'm hoping Ruben was the cause and your kicked him out for good.

Booboo...Here's hoping surgery improves things dramatically for you.

I am tired of waiting. I am tired of a lot of things. I want to give up. I am not meaning giving up on treatment but give up on trying to figure out what I am supposed to do with everything. I really don't want to go back to work. I don't want to talk to people about that and try to figure out the downside of that. I have more questions for my MO. I always worry I will bother people, even just writing this post.I don't know what to do.