Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

My Husband, My Life, My Love, My Family, My Cancer

1121612171218121912201222»

Comments

• micmel
    micmel Member Posts: 10,052

Congrats!!! On good scans. Always wonderful to hear that. Who hoooo!!!
    min pockets for anyone scanning. Not feeling good. Or feeling anxious. Hugs to all!

• threetree
    threetree Member Posts: 1,651

Malleemiss - Love the "suitably celebratory" word combination. I think there's a bit of the creative writer in you?

• mara51506
    mara51506 Member Posts: 6,458

Well, today is a nice but cooler day which is fine with me. I actually did a PT exercise workout which covered all ankle exercises, bridge pose, legs turned out sideways for hip action and lifting my legs both straight up and also bring bent leg to chest, all to a count of 10. I turned on my Paul Eugene senior gold chair workout for 10 mins. Bent knees to get a good march going. Arms were modified as I cannot swing them when on the bed. Still a fun workout, brings back good memories of doing that with Mom. I also worked on pulling myself up to the sitting position as well. Have to get back to ten, only managed two. Reason I prefer the bed working out is it gets done in the morning right away which works well for me instead of procrastinating.

Debating a walk to the neighbourhood grocery store, it is nice and sunny, if I do not go outside then I will perhaps march every hour for 5 mins I am up, just to music. I am supposed to do some stepping on the bench as well, I will see about that, I don't usually have trouble with going up stairs. I am not fast but find it doable. Option two of walking would happen if I wanted lunch. If I do not go to the grocery store today, going to call SIL and find out if any shopping taking place tonight in which case, a walk to order a happy meal will be in order. I have no real reason right now not to walk, last time walking and falling did involve a cane and if I felt unsteady, could take both canes and move them up ahead and step, be like four legs on the floor. If I get tired, lots of bus on my smart card. It is too bad Paratransit does not take those.

I am going for a nutritious breakfast again, this time and go with me, taking a 1/4 cup black beans, 1/4 cup green peas and 1/4 cup of lentils. Also adding some shredded cheese and cheez whiz. Will be adding portions into the chopper with croutons and chips. Comes out similar to ground beef, figuring I will add some taco seasoning and cheez whiz in the pan. Will likely be two meals and can have the other meal for a dinner. I may also cook up some rice first to make this a complete protein meal. Definitely not a one dish meal which is good. Better get to it.

I hope everyone has a good day and I am in everyone's pocket who needs me.