Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

My Husband, My Life, My Love, My Family, My Cancer

Comments

• karenfizedbo15
    karenfizedbo15 Member Posts: 719

Candy, result should be on Wed - my next clinic appt - thanks for asking!

Sondra, thinking about you this week and hope you get to the weekend in good shape.

Mae, what a pair of jeans!

• sondraf
    sondraf Member Posts: 1,679

Mae - best of luck on your MRI and results. Also, you are about my age and suspect we may have been in high school in roughly the same geographical area, so Imma put up some JNCOs for the back up pocket crew:

Everyone can rejoice, by the way, bootcut and wide leg jeans are apparently now back in style.

• micmel
    micmel Member Posts: 10,053

showing up for pocket duty! Love to all

• booboo1
    booboo1 Member Posts: 1,196

Tanya,
    Yes, I can still walk but not well. I limp around and am very nervous that the leg is going to collapse. So I am looking forward to getting this done....peace of mind.

Thanks for being in my pocket all. And it looks like we can all jump in those pockets. We'll have a party!

• micmel

BooBoo~I guess amongst the hat Ofgrief I'm wearing I missed your femur issue. Ouch. I am worried it would collapse also my goodness. I am with you in those big ass pockets. May it be a swift recover

• kittykat9876
    kittykat9876 Member Posts: 420

In everyone's pocket this week, I've got a rod in my femur as well BooBoo, that and radiation got me almost as good as new. I hope it works as well for you.

• mara51506
    mara51506 Member Posts: 6,463

Laurie, so sorry I missed your femur but will definitely be in your pocket that will be sewn in the gown you will be wearing during the surgery. Don't blame you for not wanting to push the envelope on your leg collapsing by walking excessively on it.

• illimae
    illimae Member Posts: 5,720

So, my MRI scheduled for 8:15 was PM, WTH!? I arrived early this morning but a kind staff member noticed and got me rescheduled for noon. I’m currently killing time a a local French creperie. Not a bad way to wait.

• micmel

not a bad way to wait at all. Wish we could all really wait together

• mara51506

Wow, my hospital does not have anything that good, just Tim Horton's for donuts if I want dessert. I am glad they were able to reschedule you and not send you hope, sooner its done, sooner you can get answers. In one of your many pockets, still offering mini reese peanut butter cups.

Feeling ambitious today so planning to meet goal of 20000 steps between proper outdoor walks and indoor walks on the spot. It is beautiful outside. Don't have anywhere to go since we are still in lock down. Hopefully as more of us get vaccinated, things will be able to open up. I am working my arms with a washing wand that was only around 30 bucks on Amazon.. Sort of a plunger but it moves all the cloths or clothing in my bucket that I usually use the clip on washer on. It gets them very clean. I push down for a couple of minutes, set the timer for soaking for 10 mins and then agitate them again. Use my panda spinner to dry out and my regular little dryer to finish things off.

• micmel

Go Mara Go! I have some errands to run. I am not looking forward to it. I have to go to cvs and the dispensary for a re stock of medicine. Then I’m sure they’ll be a nap in there some place. You are something else.
    All you ladies are amazing each and everyday.

• candy-678
    candy-678 Member Posts: 4,168

Mae- That looks good !!! What is in it?

Well today I had to go to the local lab for a CBC--- to see my counts for the pending biopsy. I have to go tomorrow for my monthly Lupron and Port Flush so I sent a message to MO nurse to ask if I could do lab tomorrow too. Nope. Had to do today. "So they have wiggle room" per the nurse. Local stuff, so no travel. But, whew, back and forth.

• illimae
    illimae Member Posts: 5,720

Mara, my hospital does have this either but the restaurant was only 10 minutes away, so I ate outside very slowly and just relaxed, funny, I didn’t even think about the MRI.

I’m scheduled to get results via zoom call on Wednesday but my neuro onc will probably call me sooner, we’ll see. I’m definitely holding it all together with my girl gang in my pocket.

• sunshine99
    sunshine99 Member Posts: 2,723

Wow, I haven't checked in since Thursday as we drove to Bishop to see our "kids". I have a lightweight vest that I wear most of the time. It has 17 pockets. Lots of room for everyone!

Booboo, I asked my ortho dad about the rod in the femur. My ortho onc said it may be necessary depending upon how advanced the mets in my femur were. I'm ok for now, but I was afraid my dad would say that it's a horrible, painful process where they cut you open from your knee to your hip. He said it's a relatively easy procedure with a small incision. Don't ask me how it works, though. My dad is rather conservative medically, but he highly approved of this procedure. He actually did quite a few of them when he was a surgeon in the Air Force back in the 60s. That was comforting to hear.

I hope your procedure is as easy and quick as a surgery can be.

Love, hugs and coffee (or wine, depending on the time of day where you are) for everyone. Maybe bagels, but no cream cheese for mara! :)

• sunshine99
    sunshine99 Member Posts: 2,723

Here's the vest (if this link works)

https://www.amazon.com/SCOTTeVEST-Travel-Vests-Wom...=sr_1_9?dchild=1&keywords=scottevest&qid=1619453099&sr=8-9

I think the number of pockets varies. I think mine has 17 - maybe it has more! I need to look.

Carol

• goldensrbest
    goldensrbest Member Posts: 725

Here for pocket duty! Have fabulous leftovers from the weekend and our best friends visit. She is a trained chef and makes the most incredible meals. Gather round......

• runor
    runor Member Posts: 1,615

BooBoo - in your pocket

Mae - let them eat crepe!

Candy - with you for lab work.

I don't count steps like Mara, but I live on a hillside and everywhere I go is uphill in one direction so I think that counts for some sort of workout since I am always out of breath and often mutter, who bought this damn stupid mountainside property? It's like climbing stairs to travel anywhere!

I am perched by the phone because some time this week or next it will ring with uterine results. This waiting is pure hell. I feel chained to the house. I think I will call the office and ask if there is a time doc makes her calls so I can be sure to be at phone at that time but outside walking pointlessly uphill the rest of the time.  

With you all, white light and hugs. 

• booboo1
    booboo1 Member Posts: 1,196

Sunshine,

Thank you so much. I heard from you, Kitty, and Emac (they both had the procedure), and I am very grateful for all of the advice and the comforting words of encouragement. You guys are all so incredible, and I feel blessed to have you allin my pockets!

I’ll check in on Wed. to hopefully say all went well.

• micmel

thinking of you BooBoo!

• seeq
    seeq Member Posts: 1,167

booboo - in your pocket with lots of dark chocolate. I hope everything goes smoothly to plan.

• micmel

Here for pocket duty all packed up with sugar. Cookies. Hot coco bombs. Lemon bars. Holding you from afar my friend.

• mara51506

Laurie, I am totally in your pocket and I sewed a pocket into the hospital gown they gave you giving good thoughts during and after the surgery. May it improve everything in that leg.

• moth
    moth Member Posts: 3,293

booboo, we're all with you! Hope it all goes smoothly & you get all the good drugs :P

I did my labwork super early this morning - combined my lab appt with dropping dd off at work but it meant getting up stupidly early. Crashed for a little nap when I got home and then had my telehealth visit with MO. Cleared for chemo this week AND back on immunotherapy next week! Yay!

• candy-678

Hello all. Reading along.

Moth- Glad you are cleared for resuming treatment.

Pocket duty here for all.

My ANC came back at 800- so MO says she is ok with that to continue with biopsy plans. Getting ready for biopsy tomorrow (Wednesday). A friend from church is driving me--- IR said to have a driver. I will try to post after, but my appointment is 1pm and told may have to recover 3-4 hours, then the drive home. So may have to check in here Thursday morning.

• seeq
    seeq Member Posts: 1,167

In your pocket tomorrow Candy with Ghirardelli chocolate squares. I hope everything goes smoothly and they get ample tissue for testing. I have seen the requirement for a driver here, too, and also specifying no taxi, Uber, Lyft, etc. Nice friend to step up and cover this for you - that's a long day for both of you.

• sondraf
    sondraf Member Posts: 1,679

Ho man - why didn't anyone tell me this BSO surgery was going to have so much prep?! I got bags and bags of stuff today and had to draw out a chart of what I am taking when. Special body and hair wash daily, the filgrastim injections, some nose stuff I have to jam up there three times a day, and oh FUN TIMES an enema for the morning of. I get that its near the intestines and infection danger but mentioning this when I went in for the pelvic exam would have been helpful to set expectations. I also have to go back on Thursday now to repull bloods because I'm too low for surgery. YES I KNOW IM LOW ITS THE START OF MY WEEK OFF.

Another lady in the waiting room today was complaining to a nurse about the self administering enema and how she wanted to show up early on Friday morning to have a nurse do it. Frankly I think I would rather have the comfort of my own bathroom for this one. She has the same surgeon so I guess they just line us all up and he goes clip clip right down the line.

Trying to focus on the fact that the time spent now to get this done will pay off with greater flexibility and peace of mind in the future!

• runor
    runor Member Posts: 1,615

Riding along, singing a cowboy song (whistle, whistle) for everyone who needs  a singing, humming, somewhat annoying pocket buddy. Thinking of you Candy and Moth as you head into your different treatments. 

Sondra, I would cry. But I agree that energetic pooping should happen in the safe domain of your own biffy!

Hugs to all.

• dutchiris
    dutchiris Member Posts: 783

The room got really quiet. You all enjoy nicer weather? Everybody hanging in there?

• candy-678

Headed to biopsy this morning. Not really till noon, but my ride wants to go plenty early--- we have a 2 hour drive and it is rainy and stormy here. Better early than late, but will make for a longer day. Hope all are ok. Pocket duty for those that need it--- when I can today. I will try to check in here later today, but maybe tomorrow morning.

• dutchiris
    dutchiris Member Posts: 783

Candy, I will be thinking about you today.