Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

My Husband, My Life, My Love, My Family, My Cancer

Comments

• candy-678
    candy-678 Member Posts: 4,168

Kittykat- So sorry you are sick again. Can they do anything to build up your white cells? You seem plagued with this issue.

Mae- I find Pompeii so interesting. Never saw an exhibit in person , just documentaries on TV.

I have not seen JFL either. I hate when one of us is missing. Scary. I pray she is ok and just busy. Anyone know how to contact her? Maybe we need to have contact info for each of us---some way of checking on each other.

Pocket duty this week for Sadiesservant for MO appt for scan results---Tuesday.

Any others?

My gaming group cancelled for this evening. But last evening (Saturday) my texting buddy came over and we watched a "Back to the Future" movie. So some friend time this weekend. Pretty lonely and quiet around here otherwise.

• kittykat9876
    kittykat9876 Member Posts: 420

Candy, I get the neulasta shot after chemo but this time it didn't work, I also have a lung infection this time, there is talk of going to ICU if they can't get on top of it, I am on oxygen and still having trouble breathing.

• candy-678

Kittykat- Oh my gosh !!! Praying for you. Post when you can.

• RosieRed
    RosieRed Member Posts: 209

Kittykat - sorry that you are spending time in the hospital. Hope they can figure out what’s going on. Sending good vibes your way.

• chicagoan
    chicagoan Member Posts: 1,044

Kitty,

Lifting prayers for your healing. Hope the infection clears up soon and you are back home.

• goldensrbest
    goldensrbest Member Posts: 725

Kittykat - hugs of healing coming your way🤗🤗🤗

• Rosie24
    Rosie24 Member Posts: 1,026

Kittykat, I’m so sorry to hear you’re in the hospital and struggling. Sending you warm wishes that the infection is knocked back with treatment and your breathing improves. Many of us are with you in spirit. Gentle hug to you

• illimae
    illimae Member Posts: 5,717

kittykat, I hope you feel better soon.

• dutchiris
    dutchiris Member Posts: 783

KittyKat, I hope you breathe easier soon and they get that infection under control.

• illimae

Quick wildlife report. A couple of blue herons are nesting in our tree. I don’t know why they picked our front yard instead of the more wooded retention pond but I welcome them regardless. I found a blue egg shell in the driveway and am excited to hopefully see some little chicks :)

• mara51506
    mara51506 Member Posts: 6,462

Kittykat, we are here for you, I am sorry you are back in hospital again. I know most of these messages are probably hitting later at night but hope you wake to read our caring for you in the posts we send.

• kittykat9876

Thanks everyone, just been woken for obs, at 4.30 am, to find all these lovely well wishes, Doc comes around 8 so won't know much until then. Its lovely Mae when the birds nest in the yard.

• micmel
    micmel Member Posts: 10,053

thinking of you of Kitty Sending hugs over the Miles. Get well

• karenfizedbo15
    karenfizedbo15 Member Posts: 719

Kitty, you can see we are all here for you. Hope things settle and you can get home soon.

Mae and all of us will keep posting wildlife.... but mine might just be the cute pup!

• booboo1
    booboo1 Member Posts: 1,196

Well, it’s been another rough few days after my infusion on Wed. I can officially say I have had my last Abraxane treatment. I honestly feel like I’ve been poisoned. I think I had every side effect listed. I couldn’t keep anything down until today...thank God for crackers and gingerale. I am not sure what’s next with regard to treatments, but I know it won’t include Abraxane.

• candy-678

Kittykat- Praying for good news from your doctor.

Karen- Precious pup.

Booboo- Gentle hugs from here.

• Rosie24
    Rosie24 Member Posts: 1,026

Booboo, Sorry the abraxane was so rough on you. You gave it a go and now you know you’re done. I don’t think I would continue a treatment with terrible side effects either, unless there was some kind of assurance it was worth it, which I don’t think there is any assurance for us.

Karen, Adorable pup! Boy or girl? How are you doing?

Kitty, I hope you get some info from your doc today.

We’re starting to heat up with summer weather here, 80s and even 90. The humidity was noticeable on my walk this morning. There was no spring in my step, which doesn’t actually happen too often, lol. We attended a wedding reception on Friday night for my friend’s son and his wife. They were set to get married & have a reception last year about this time but Covid meant they’d have a very small wedding last year and postpone the reception till this year. They had a vow renewal as part of the reception so we could all celebrate with them. Great evening, but another sign of our aging is that DH and I could not hear anyone we were talking to because of the super loud music. Or maybe they just play music louder nowadays?!

I had an MO appointment this past week but there wasn’t much to tell. I’ll have an mri in another 3 months and see her again afterwards. Stable for now.

Hello to all. 🌻

• tanya_djamila
    tanya_djamila Member Posts: 1,537

KittykAt I hope you’re feeling a bit better and breathing easier.

Booboo sorry about your side effects. Crackers ginger ale is about all that can be done. It probably feels good to say I ain’t taking any more of that abraxane.

MRI on the 15th and finally a dentist appt on the 17th.

Grand kids are here until Saturday. I’m hoping to get a few more fun things in with them. They enjoy the pool and eating like ravenous sharks 🦈

Mae I love the wildlife pics!

Plopping down in Mels living room for adult conversation and tea.

Stay cool 😎

Tany

• kittykat9876

Oh no, Booboo, that's awful news, I've got a feeling that was on the list next for me, I hope the next treatment is kinder to your body.

Well I finally yelled loud enough to have my port accessed for my antibiotics but I had to wait until the iv fell out and made a big mess everywhere.

What a cute puppy Karen. Still waiting for the doctor so don't have a plan yet, mine is to get out of here ASAP 🤩

• illimae

Karen, that is a cute pup!

Booboo, when I was on abraxane, I had to have a small does reduction and had it weekly in smaller doses instead of every 3 weeks. I found it tolerable that way and it ended up working really well, perhaps you could ask for an adjustment?

• micmel

BooBoo~thinking of you I would do the same thing. Hugging you.

Love the puppers!

Kitty~ you're on my mind also. I battle with the port thing everything single time I am hospitalized, makes me so mad they have to torture us until they finally get get it...

waving to Karen. Emac. Mae. Goldens. SeeQ, Tanya, Rosie, Candy, Mara! Hello lovelies!

• seeq
    seeq Member Posts: 1,167

Hey y'all. We've been on the road for the last couple weeks, trying to find the perfect forever home...far away from hurricanes! 🌀 It didn't go as well as we hoped (made an offer, but didn't get it 🙁), but it helped us a bit and we're still looking. We also had a great visit with my grandson (oh, and his parents, too lol). The even better news is they'll be coming for a visit over the 4th of July! It will be hotter than blazes and just as humid, but we'll have fun.

It seems we've had a wave of rough days and a few celebrations while I've been gone. Sending peaceful healing thoughts to those in need and high fives to others.

I'll be back to it this week with a parathyroid u/s and follow up with the endo on Wednesday. My Sestamibi scan was negative, but my bloodwork is pretty clear, I think, so I don't know where we go next. Hopefully, the u/s will clear that up. PET-CT on the 28th before the kids get here, results on the 7th after they leave.

Waving at everyone!! 👋 👋

• micmel

for us anxious folks! Ugh image

• candy-678

Rosie- Happy for your "stable for now". Tough that we have to go thru the scanxiety every 3 months. We are tough women.

Kittykat- 12 hours since your last post. News??

• kittykat9876

I'v e had scans today but won't know results until tomorrow. I've still got 40 mins left of avery painful potassium infusion. My temp keeps spiking and I'm still coughing. I think my neutrophils are still pretty low. It's a long weekend here so I won't see my oncology team until tomorrow. They are going to add an extra antibiotic I think. I've just been sleeping and off all day between doctors and nurses.

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,561

Hugs to All in Micmel's living room!

In case you are interested:

Hug TODAY: Zoom Virtual Meet-up for those with a metastatic breast cancer diagnosis.

Mondays, 2-3 pm ET

Register in advance for this meeting.

After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.

• candy-678

Bless you Kittykat.

• mara51506
    mara51506 Member Posts: 6,462

Kittykat, still thinking about you in the hospital. Glad they finally are letting them use the port instead of the vein.

Laurie, sorry the Abraxane was so tough on you. A drug only gets one chance with me. If it is too tough to handle for me, I won't try or do it again. I dropped Perjeta when it caused incontinence and I was not dealing with that either. It's just a matter of benefits vs qol and SE. Hope the next one is better.

Not much going on here, got some grocery delivery, couple of boxes of heavy cat litter and waiting for a couple of hospital departments to get back to me. Planning to cancel the MRI this week. I just feel uneasy about getting there for 630am without a car and really cannot afford an UBER at this point. Going to try to move it to July on the same day as my CT scan. They can never get my veins for the contrast so I have to have a port access done anyway. Laundry, surveys and housework are the only thing on the agenda beyond some possible indoor walking. Too hot for me outside if I do not need to be there. I don't like the heat at all but can put up with it IF necessary like my infusion on Wednesday.

• moth
    moth Member Posts: 3,293

kittykat - sorry to hear you've had to be hospitalized. I hope the antibiotics kick in quickly!

booboo - oh bummer about the abraxane. That's awful that it hit you so relentlessly hard :(

Karen - what a sweet doggo to visit our living room!

Not much here. I'm feeling really good - which is bizarre because they're pretty sure I'm progressing. Next scan June 23.

I have been busy with Olive's agility class and doing cleaning and trying to do some decluttering. I guess maybe I have been overdoing it some days because Saturday I suddenly crashed and napped for almost 3 hours lol.

Lab work & MO appt tomorrow, chemo Thursday.

• kittykat9876

I've officially been told at 1.30 am that as well as being neutropenic I also have pneumonia. I won't be getting much sleep tonight as I have to have another bag of antibiotics after they flush the last one.

I'm