Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

My Husband, My Life, My Love, My Family, My Cancer

Comments

• kittykat9876
    kittykat9876 Member Posts: 420

I went and picked up my new car to cheer myself up.I love it, so easy to drive.image

• goldensrbest
    goldensrbest Member Posts: 725

Kittykat - sweet wheels. Enjoy!

• chicagoan
    chicagoan Member Posts: 1,044

Kitty-Gorgeous car. Love the color!

• candy-678
    candy-678 Member Posts: 4,168

Kitty-- Love the car !!! Good color too. I have a 2005 truck. I like trucks as they sit higher in traffic, and if I need to haul something then I have the truck bed and don't have to ask to borrow someones truck. But, my truck is getting older and more things going wrong. Drivers side and passenger side windows won't roll down--- window motor. Quoted $300 each window to fix. I am fixing drivers side, as I need that more. Then, yesterday, with oil change they said the brake lines are rusty and 1 is leaking. So $300 to fix that. Wish I could afford a newer vehicle so maybe less problems with it. But I could never afford a NEW vehicle.

• micmel
    micmel Member Posts: 10,053

very nice kitty. Vroom vroom cute little sporty thing. Love the color. Well done, you deserve it!

I am with Candy, could never get a new one either !

• RosieRed
    RosieRed Member Posts: 209

Kittykat - Nice car! Love the color! Where I live it seems that most cars are white, black, or some shade of gray. Boring! When money was tight for our family I bought a gray SUV. Whenever I’d go shopping and then go out to the parking lot to find my car, it would be difficult to tell where I parked because there were so many gray vehicles out there. Last year I traded it in for a dark blue SUV and I can spot it very easily in a parking lot.

Hope you get to have many fun excursions in your new car.

• kittykat9876

I sold my house and just rent now, that way I can afford to live at the beach and replace things as I need them. I only bought this because it was getting too painful to drive the stick shift anymore otherwise I'd have kept my old car as it had only done 70,000 miles.

• micmel

Hello Chicagoan...hope you're doing well. Nice to see you.

Kitty. That is low mileage For sure. Driving stick can be fun. But I wouldn't want one now. I had one when I was younger. How are you feeling recovering ?

Hello Goldens~💐💐

• kittykat9876

Thanks Mel, I'm feeling better today, I still can't do much, I tire easily and still have a cough but I'm just taking it pretty easy.

• mara51506
    mara51506 Member Posts: 6,462

Kittykat, sweet wheels and glad you made it so you could rent at the beach. Would be nice scenery.

I have not accomplished any exercise. Decided to clear out the stuff I do not use like my BluRay player and movies. Offering the Star Wars movies to my nephew as I have digitized all of them and have them on a hard drive. It was hard work moving the TV stand and keeping it stable. The TV has a broken neck from when my cat leaped and collided with it. I put duct tape on the neck and prop the sides of the TV up with two small containers. Have not replaced it since the TV actually still works well.

If my nephew does not take them, I will simply offer them to neighbours in a box for free. If no one takes them still, will recycle them. Trying to free up space in the apartment a little at a time. Already starting to get down to the bottom of all the excessive laundry supplies and baking soda I bought. I tend to get obsessed with having a lot of one thing at a time but don't have the space for it so I need to purge periodically.

• candy-678

I am hunkered down inside trying to stay cool. Temp is in the mid 90's and with the humidity it feels around 100. So I have my curtains closed to keep out the sun and just staying inside this weekend. I cannot tolerate the heat anymore. Just going outside to the mailbox I get covered in sweat. Then I feel sick and dizzy. Waiting for fall...

• illimae
    illimae Member Posts: 5,717

kittykat, I love it, enjoy!

• Rosie24
    Rosie24 Member Posts: 1,026

Kittykat, What a prettycar! The color will definitely be easy to spot among all the blacks, grays, and whites. I hope your recovery continues well at home.

• tanya_djamila
    tanya_djamila Member Posts: 1,537

Good morning all.

Kitty nice gift to self after grueling hospital stay. Woo hoo take her out for a spin enjoy

Two grandsons going home. I started deep cleaning yesterday and maybe I’ll do some more today. Kids usually leave surprises that you find after they’re gone

Had a nice family dinner last night with the vaccinated folks.

Booboo I hope you’re feeling better.

Candy any updates on Bliss?

Waving hello to all

Tanya

• candy-678

No more news on Bliss. I fear what that may mean. Her last post to the Liver Met Thread on May 29 said she was in the hospital in liver failure and was given "the talk". She has not logged on since June 1.

• tanya_djamila
    tanya_djamila Member Posts: 1,537

candy thanks for letting us know. She’s definitely not forgotten. Hope you’re having a pleasant day.

Tanya

• mara51506

Nice to see you Tanya, you are right children and pets leave surprises at times.

I have been more productive with exercise today. Had taken 3 half hour walks outdoors and done a small 5 minute on indoors and reached my 10000 goal by 10 am. Any walking from now will be on the spot in the house. Going to try to get more activity to drop weight some. Don't mind if it is slow, but would like a start. Got 4 new shirts that will be coming because I wanted more tank top flowy shirts to wear in my current size. Also ordered some capri style yoga pants and shorts in my current size as well.

• sondraf
    sondraf Member Posts: 1,679

Having a gin out in the cool garden tonight. I finay told my parents an hour ago about my true diagnosis and well, it went better than I expected. A lot better. And I'm thankful for the psychological help I was able to access over the last two months to work through everything to this point. I don't know if I feel relieved yet but I think I am glad I won't have to be as careful on the phone anymore.

We were just watching the Euros and the player collapsed and now Other Half, as a Swede, is a bit shook and went out to get a beer - the BBC wouldn't cut away and you could see the body reacting to the defib. Player is OK though!

• candy-678

2nd day hibernating indoors. Hot in the 90's and heat index around 100. I have my curtains closed to keep out the sun and the AC is going. Feels like I am living in a cave, lol. Just cannot tolerate the heat anymore. Been surfing the computer and reading a book.

I have been reading several Threads on here. Glad I have all of you. But, also, I am worried about my scans on the 25th/MO on the 28th. Next month will be my 4 year anniversary of the BC-- what we thought was earlier stage, but was really Stage 4 (diagnosed Stage 4 in Sept). Time is ticking down. I am thankful I am still on first line therapy, but thinking we will change treatments this time. And 4 years known with MBC--- who knows how long it was growing in the bones and liver. I feel like my clock is ticking down.

My mind can go to a dark place, if I let it.

• karenfizedbo15
    karenfizedbo15 Member Posts: 719

I PMd Bliss, Barbara....no reply which is not like her. I also fear the worst although she did say she’d check in if not post. Let’s hope she’s hanging in there.

On a positive note, I’m on the second of my wee trips away. A week in Portsoy...a tiny wee village on the Moray coast of Scotland. Boat trip on Monday in a Rib hoping to see dolphins as have done before up here. This is a pic of the harbour...naebody here except us!

• ShetlandPony
    ShetlandPony Member Posts: 3,063

The last PM I had from Bliss was June 1.

Karen, some of my relatives are from Morayshire. I went there to visit them, but we did not go to the coast. What a lovely sky and cool stone walls.

• emac877
    emac877 Member Posts: 688

Just plopping down on Mel's couch to say hello. It was an absolutely beautiful day here, 73 with a breeze, albeit slightly humid. It's a fluke cool down after raining all day yesterday. My cousin in Phoenix texted me that it's projected to be 118 there on Wednesday. Sounds like we planned our visit well. It was only 102 there last week. 118 this early in June is bonkers, even by Arizona standards.

Not much else to report. I have been quiet about my struggling with depression. It's not the non-functional type where I can't eat or get done what needs doing, it's just kind of this heavy exhaustion and general dysthymic approach to life. I was blaming it on the Verzenio and exemestane and dealing with the chronic pain and this weird world in general. I started back on Wellbutrin which I generally tolerate and I am feeling better. There's some legit research on Wellbutrin as an aid to cancer related fatigue and I am probably feeling that early placebo effect boost a bit. In any case, it doesn't feel so much like the weight of the day is dragging on me. I'm hoping it will continue. I was looking out at my empty flower beds the other day and thinking how unlike me it is to leave them just sitting empty. I managed some tomatoes in one of the three but the rest are bare. Not sure if I will fill them at this point or not. It's too late for melons but maybe something seasonal like corn or squash would be nice.

I got a new bed this week. My old mattress sagging to the center and it was beyond fixing. This one has a base it sits on that adjusts the head and the feet, like a hospital bed but so much more comfortable! I swore up and down I didn't need to buy a new bed until I tried some out and discovered it was something I didn't realize I needed. It just got delivered this morning so I am anxious to try it. I haven't slept more than two or three hours at a stretch for years. I'm curious to see if that's just me or if the mattress really does make a difference.

• molliefish
    molliefish Member Posts: 650

emac we’re excited to hear how you slept!

• mara51506

Emac, I am sorry to hear how you've been suffering. I hope the new bed works for you and gives you more healing sleep. That would also help with the depression you've been dealing with.

• booboo1
    booboo1 Member Posts: 1,196

All,

It’s taken me a whole week to get up the courage to write this. My MO has stopped all chemo and related treatments, as she said I’d just have more of the same sickness as I experienced with my last dose of Abraxane. At first I was in shock I guess, but as the week has gone by, I realize she is doing exactly what I asked of her. I do not want to be in treatment right up until the end. So she’s given me the gift of time, and I am very grateful.

I have no idea (she doesn’t either) how long I have, but I’m going to try to enjoy each day. I am flying home in July to see my family and will stay several weeks. I also planned a trip to Disney at Christmas since it’s only a couple of hours away. Really hoping I’ll be able to go.

Anyway, I wanted my peeps to know, and knew I could tell you in Mel’s living room….my safe place.

Love to all.

• 50sgirl
    50sgirl Member Posts: 2,071

Laurie, I know you have put a lot of thought into the decision, and it is the right one for you. Enjoy each day and each moment. I am glad that you have this time when you will feel so much better than you did while you were in treatment. Sometimes treatments just do more harm than good regardless of the best intentions. I know you and your family will benefit from your visit to PA, and it is so good to know that you now have the time to go. Christmas season at Disney sounds wonderful. I am like a little wide-eyed child when I visit Disneyworld. I know that others dislike the place, but I am amazed at what they do and how all the details come together.

Although I wish your news was different, I feel that you are at peace. Wewill all be here to support you. You remain in my prayers.

Hugs and prayers from, Lynne

• candy-678

Booboo- I do not know what to say. I am sitting here in tears. Of course, you cannot continue with treatment that makes you feel worse than you already do. Quality versus quantity. Just hard to hear you tell us this. I wish the best for you. Enjoy some family time, and hope you get to enjoy the Christmas trip. Please, please continue to check in with us here. Come and visit Mel's Living Room and tell us how you are doing. I (we) do not want this to be goodbye. Or that we never hear from you again and we always wonder....

Karen- Beautiful pic. Enjoy.

emac- Keep us informed of how the bed works for you. When I was in the hospital with the PE the beginning of May, I noticed that having the adjustable "hospital" bed was better for my back. To be able to raise the head and legs. Put less strain on my lower back and helped with my chronic pain. I have Googled the price of adjustable beds, and it is not in my budget. But I am thinking about getting those foam wedges to raise my head and legs. So let me know how you like your bed and mattress. My mattress is only 8 years old, so not in bad shape yet.

Pocket list for this week---

Tanya- MRI Tuesday.

Mae- MRI Tuesday.

That is all I have written down. But I know several on the boards are struggling. Sandibeach with progression and treatment change. Sadiesservant. Our precious Booboo. Bliss.

Man, this is getting to me. Too much heartache anymore.

• goldensrbest
    goldensrbest Member Posts: 725

Laurie -

Hugs to you - I wish you peace and comfort.

• kittykat9876

Laurie, I wish you peace for the coming months and for you to enjoy this time with your family.

• micmel

Love you BooBoo! Hugs to you, I hope being off treatment will give you a sense of your pre cancer self for as long as possible or indefinitely! I hate you cancer. I have a lump in my throat dear friend. Accompanied by streaming tears …..Enjoy every second. Of everything. I hope they find something you haven’t tried. Is my wish. But I understand how toxic those treatments are. I don’t want that for you. I love you my friend