Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

My Husband, My Life, My Love, My Family, My Cancer

Comments

• tanya_djamila
    tanya_djamila Member Posts: 1,537

Sunshine great 👍🏽 news.

Kitty I hope your transfusion gives you the added boost you need.

Tany

• GoKale4320
    GoKale4320 Member Posts: 580

Sunshine- fantastic news!

Micmel- thank you for the welcome!

• micmel
    micmel Member Posts: 10,053

kitty I honestly Hope your blood transfusion gives you the pep you need. You strong. Woman you. I’m sending a hug from across the. Miles. You’re in my thoughts.

Yay to all our stable sisters.

Kale~ 💐 our living room has lots of space.

Waving to runor. Hope it’s cooling down for you all. We’re getting showers. So it just. That bad. I ran some errands. Now I’m beat. I went to cvs. Then the dispensary, the to giant for a few things. That’s alot for me. My goodness yes

• sunshine99
    sunshine99 Member Posts: 2,723

Mel, that's a lot of running around! Time for a nap, I think! :)

• runor
    runor Member Posts: 1,615

Moth and Sunshine - doing a sweaty happy dance for you both!  We LOVE us some good news here in Mel's living room. 

Moth, how are you keeping cool? News said that less than 40% of Canadian households have air conditioners. We don't. The nights have always cooled off enough to cope. Not anymore. It is so hot even the dog is suffering. My butter melted. The chocolate chips clumped together in a gooey lump. I use oven mitts - not making this up - to open the door of my truck and handle the seatbelt clip, because all outdoor metal surface are ripping hot! My garden is a total loss. No sleep. This morning I yelled at Hub, "You're a damn engineer, invent a way to make the furnace blow cold air, what's the big problem?" and then I cried a little bit.  I don't do this kind of heat well. At all. Blah.

• moth
    moth Member Posts: 3,293

we've had portable AC units for many years now. I really recommend at least one, then you can make a cold room to hide and recover in.

We walked with olive at night and very early in the mornings. It was weird being out at night at 36C. I dont even think I experienced that in Hawaii or Mexico

I like hot weather more than my dh but this heat wave was too crazy. My bone and joint pain were essentially gone though so that was a nice change ... returned once temps dropped.

I'm actually cold today. Was having breakfast outside and had to go get a sweatshirt and toque lol

• mara51506
    mara51506 Member Posts: 6,462

I have been napping myself. I just got home from the Turtle Island Healing Walk. It was in support of the indigenous people who were put into residential schools forcibly and thousands of young ones died in those schools. I wanted to take part because of all the mass graves found here recently. There were thousands of us here in support and it was amazing. There was a 5 K walk but my friend and I took the bus that was provided. My friend got tired out so we exited the bus along the way. I did manage to fall flat on my butt because I tried jumping out as it was high off the ground, should have got out the front but got helped up and was not hurt. Medics wanted to check me out but I was OK.

It is Canada Day here and I celebrate our good things we have done, helping other countries and fighting in the wars and humanitarian aid we have done and acknowledge our past history as well.

• chicagoan
    chicagoan Member Posts: 1,044

Happy Canada Day to all our Canadian sisters!

I don't have a/c myself. In the summer my body adjusts to the hot air but now I am finding it chilly at 80 degrees. We haven't had anything like the heat you Canadians had but it still has been hot and sticky. Today it cooler and breezy-I almost feel like I need a sweater in the shade!

• illimae
    illimae Member Posts: 5,717

Results are in finally, whew. All good and nothing new or concerning. There are two spots in my bones mentioned by the radiologist but the trial onc said that these were the ones mentioned over the years and that his team’s comparison of all my scans determined that they are likely not mets but degenerative changes or previous injuries.

• mara51506

Glad to hear the good results Mae!

• emac877
    emac877 Member Posts: 688

Popping in to check on everyone in Canada and the upper PNW. It maxed out here at 116 F a few days ago and I think Portland hit that too. I swear this wave seems to be gaining heat as it moves north! We have been hotter than Phoenix, Arizona! I'm doing okay with it. I was at work in the AC on our hottest day and my house has air conditioning. The day we hit 116 the transformer at the local power grid exploded so there were about 30,000 of us here in southern Oregon without power for about 4 hours from 8:30 to just after midnight. Temps were still high 90s F so it was uncomfortable for sure. Fortunately it was short lived.

Candy - thank you for keeping up with the schedule. I'm so sorry you are dealing with all of that. I have been quiet but following everyone's struggles and I appreciate you being so organized. I continue to pray and offer support for you and everyone else struggling with all these new findings.

I am doing better. Saw the MO on Tuesday and she took me off exemestane and put me back on Faslodex. I don' t know that I feel too different yet but maybe in a placebo effect kind of way I do. My kidney labs have taken a hit the last few months. My GFR has always been above 60 which is completely normal and then in May and June a sudden drop to 54 which means either my kidneys got shocked by something or are damaged for some reason. I cut back on my ibuprofen use and am trying to do more stretching and non-pharmaceutical pain control and am really trying to stay hydrated, especially in the heat. We are trending it right now and I have another draw on the 13th along with my Faslodex injection just to keep tabs.

That's about it going on here. Hugs to everyone and know that I have been worried about you guys and following closely, especially with this added heat wave and the storms on the east coast and southern states. KittyKat hope you are healing quickly and weather is cooperating down where you are too!

• candy-678
    candy-678 Member Posts: 4,168

Mae- Congrats on stable.

• tanya_djamila
    tanya_djamila Member Posts: 1,537

Mae those are some great results.

Tany

• Rosie24
    Rosie24 Member Posts: 1,026

Congrats Mae! 👍👍👍

• mara51506

Emac, glad to hear you are doing better. Wow, 116 that is crazy. I thought it was awful when our humidex reached 100 but it has been a long time since we had temperatures that bad. Glad you have air. Hopefully the heat eases up for a while. I also hope that any new buildings or previous buildings are forced to include air conditioning as that is fast becoming a necessity in more and more places.

• micmel

Mara~ glad you’re okay, you could have been hurt. My goodness.

Emac~sorry about the heat for you also. It’s craziness temperatures all around. Humidity is so gross, good to see you back…. Glad you’re better.

Runor~ hot isn’t good. I’m sorry. I hope it goes down. The. Thing I worry about is it’s only July. We have some heat months coming our way. Get an ac unit. Don’t suffer.

Hi Candy ,,,Rosie ,, Lee. Tanya, BooBoo. Thinking of you. Moth…Dodgersgirl,Chicagoan .kale, sunshine…. Trishyla. Good to see you back again. Been a while. Hope you’re wel

• kittykat9876
    kittykat9876 Member Posts: 420

Congratulations on stable Mae, that's great news, emac, our weather here in Perth is pretty mild thank goodness, I'm hoping this unit of blood will help with my energy levels, my grandson starts school holidays today and I need to be able to keep up with him on the days his mum has to work. I'm so glad you weren't hurt Mara, I hope you all get a break from that heat soon. Waving hi to everyone, do you all have any plans for the 4th July.

• illimae
    illimae Member Posts: 5,717

Thanks everyone, I’m off to bed feeling relaxed now, the wait for scans was awful.

• runor

Mae, woot woot!

• seeq
    seeq Member Posts: 1,167

Yay, Mae!!

• dodgersgirl
    dodgersgirl Member Posts: 1,902

Illimae— great news on latest scans.

Enjoy your holiday weekend. Looking forward to food pics from you. They make me drool!!

• micmel

yay Mae~ atta girl now you can focus on packing. And giving us more great wildlife photos. Lol.

• goldensrbest
    goldensrbest Member Posts: 725

Mae - great news to have going into this holiday weekend.

Happy 4th everyone

• micmel

I can’t believe it is the Fourth of July already. Summer is moving fast. I don’t like this sweltering heat at all. I miss being young and swimming in our pool. Not a care in the world so peaceful. I’d love that time back. Hope everyone has a good Saturday morning and a good nights sleep.

• runor

I miss books. I miss the way they feel and the way they smell. I miss where a good book can take me. I miss going to the library and coming home with my book bag heavy with promise. Instead now I lay in bed and look at my stupid phone. Facebook, which never transports me to any other place or time but does annoy the shit out of me with stuff I don't want to see and lots of ads that appeal to no one. I don't want that anymore.  I want my life back where a pile of books beside the bed was a promise I could barely wait to get to. I think I need to start going back to the library. I need a stack of books.

• micmel

I’m trying to use my kindle more to read. But I get so tired quickly. I love the way real books feel. The pages waiting to be turned. I agree for sure. Go get that stack!

• booboo1
    booboo1 Member Posts: 1,196

Runor,

I shut down my Facebook account two years ago. Best decision ever! I don’t miss it at all. And I like to read too…so why not make that trip to the library? Getting lost in a great book is the BEST! I like historic novels, and anything having to do with WW2 timeframe. I, too, hope you cool off soon. I had a little taste of what you are going through. Our air conditioning broke, and we were without it for just one day. I am so grateful that we found someone to come and fix it.

Mae, so very happy to hear your good news. Good for you!

I am feeling SO much better since I stopped treatment. Am able to eat again (my favorite thing to do), so I’m one happy camper right now. Now watching the weather to see what Elsa is going to do. If it stays on the current path, we are going to get hit….Tanya, hoping you have your hurricane plans nailed down

• booboo1
    booboo1 Member Posts: 1,196

Waving hello to Mel and the rest of the living room gals. Hoping you all have a wonderful holiday weekend!

• candy-678
    candy-678 Member Posts: 4,168

Booboo- I am so happy to hear that you feel good !!

runor- You should go back to the Library. I love the Library. The smell and feel of a book in my hands. I have always loved to read. I stopped reading after my diagnosis. That was not normal for me. And I missed it, but just could not do it. I did not read a book for a year or so there at the beginning of BC. Anyone that knows me knew that I was in shock-- to not read. I am now back to reading-- came back to it before Covid, thank God. I love it and glad I am back to it. A few moments away from cancer during my day.

• mara51506

I have an online library because I am not honestly sure where physical libraries are with regard to being open. I go in fits and starts when reading so sometimes I will actually read 10 pages at a time to get through a story. Easiest books for me are Stephen King books, Anne Rice earlier books like Ramses the Damned or its sequel. I have kindle as well if I want to keep any. digital books.