Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

My Husband, My Life, My Love, My Family, My Cancer

Comments

• candy-678
    candy-678 Member Posts: 4,168

Booboo- I understand your frustration and sadness. I have known several people that have died of Covid-- not close friends or family, but still. My niece and nephew (14 and 20) are not vaccinated and don't plan to be. I pray they do not get it. They are young and could have lasting effects that mess with their health for years to come.

• kbl
    kbl Member Posts: 2,952

Mae, great. See you tomorrow. Drive safe.

• micmel
    micmel Member Posts: 10,052

Mae~ thank you for reminding me about Monday’s meetings. I’ve been wanting to try to see what it’s all about. I’m usually asleep at 2:00 but I did go ahead and register. I’m hoping to set an alarm. ( known to sleep through). But how awesome it would be to see you all ! Thanks again.

• micmel

imagethis is exactly how i feel. Every single day. Nothing like a mother’s love for her children.

• kittykat9876
    kittykat9876 Member Posts: 420

Hello everyone, I'm finally going home, yay, when I get home and settled back in I'll have to find out the time difference between here and there so I can join in and put faces to names.

• kbl

Yay, Kitty. Finally. I’m hoping you feel much better. Would love to meet you in Zoom.

• mara51506
    mara51506 Member Posts: 6,460

Kitty, I am so happy you are going home after such a long haul in hospital, will be wonderful for you to sleep in your own bed and wear your own clothes.

Not doing much today. I am honestly surprised that my arms and shoulders are not sore after moving around 50 lb dryers in my apartment yesterday. I am keeping the old dryer to fluff if the new on breaks. I will cover it with an ottoman cover or something, make it look like it belongs in the living room.

I have noticed that vinegar does minimize lint but since the other dryer was obviously blocked with fur, that is why there was no lint at all. When drying clothes and towels, I am still using the drying rack for clothes and towels. For an hour in there on the drying rack and just a warm tumble in the new dryer for 15 or 20 minutes.

• candy-678

Happy you are home Kittykat and hopefully on the mend.

• livingivlife
    livingivlife Member Posts: 454

would love to join in the meeting but we only use Skype on a not so good tablet. Let's just say we are not tech savvy but maybe someone can help so next week I can join.

Glad to hear you are finally on your way home Kittykat!

• livingivlife

Micmel- I love your mother quote because that is my biggest fear. No one will love and take care of my special needs son like I do!

• elderberry
    elderberry Member Posts: 1,067

Mara: my DH does the laundry. Lucky me! The appliances are in the basement and that is where he goes to practice trumpet - as he calls it - "strangling moose" He isn't that bad!! He throws an old dry towel in with the other clothes. It actually helps stuff dry faster.

I hate hearing about folks refusing the vaccine for no good reason. They risk themselves. They risk others. No one would die from a preventable outcome.

Glad you are home KittyKat.

• elderberry
    elderberry Member Posts: 1,067

Kikomoon: My Aelfric waves hello to Maudie: He is part Bengal which means he can be a bit of a handful.

Goldens: It must be my "mother's ears" I can go from a deep sleep to wide awake and leaping out of bed at the sound of a cat about to hurl. Why do cats insist on running backwards why they barf?. You don't have a pile, you have a trail of vomit to clean up.

• illimae
    illimae Member Posts: 5,714

LivingIVlife, I use my phone for the zoom calls/video, if that’s an option for you. You’ll just need to register and download the free zoom app. And zoom should be available on most tablets, I think.

• goldensrbest
    goldensrbest Member Posts: 724

Kitty - you must be so glad to be home! Hospitals are certainly no place to get any rest. Take care of yourself and keep us posted on how you’re doing. HUGS☺️☺️

• Kikomoon
    Kikomoon Member Posts: 358

Kittykat so glad you are getting to go home. Elderberry, hello to Aelfric, yes I have heard about Bengals, can't imagine as my regular cats are 2.5 years old and still always in to something.

Well it is just gorgeous weather here in San Antonio I just can't believe it. Had a great time at the beer festival, got to meet our Katyblu and DH too! I felt safe outdoors, sat away from people and wore N95 mask through the crowds.

Yesterday we ate with some friends outdoors at a favorite restaurant. I was feeling nauseous so just ordered a cup of the chef's soup which was chipotle butternut squash and I just can't stop thinking or talking about it. It was sooo good, tasted like good queso, yummy with chips. I want to go for dinner tomorrow just to order a bowl.

Was working out on the patio earlier enjoying the weather when I did something stupid and knocked my coffee all over my work tablet keyboard, jumped up cursing, throwing everything to the ground except computer, shattering my mug, DH came running. He tried to shop vac the keyboard and sucked up the K key!! He said I do NOT want to go fishing for it in that shop vac with whatever is in there….Broke my last favorite mug too, out of 4! Bulls in china shops live here. A new keyboard will be $100. It's drying upside down, we'll see. But I need that damn K!

• micmel

yay Kitty!! yay!

• moth
    moth Member Posts: 3,293

yay kitty!

kikomoon, oh no, what a to do! glad you're not burned fom the coffee

friends, I have a guest post up on Nancy's Point. It's called "Dear Breast Cancer Survivor" https://t.co/rNOGSNC8Q0?amp=1

hugs everyone

• mara51506

Kikomoon, I am glad you had such a good meal. Anything that is similar to queso would be aces in my book for sure. Hope drying the tablet will work and yes, you need a k on the keyboard. I am sorry about your favourite mug, but I can empathize with exploding, how I felt getting the dryer out of the two boxes and then all the cardboard in my tiny living room. Once I cleared up the mess over a space of hours, everything was fine.

Did two trips to the grocery store on purpose for more steps, got 17000 altogether which is good.

• candy-678

Moth- Bravo !!! Thank you for advocating for all of us.

• Kikomoon
    Kikomoon Member Posts: 358

moth, really great article! It made me cry. I’m a big waawaa booboo baby today. Told DH to go get me some wine and put it in a baby bottle for my nap.

Mara, how you do so many steps is amazing me

• kbl

Moth, great article. Good to see you back on Zoom today.

• ShetlandPony
    ShetlandPony Member Posts: 3,063

Moth, that is a very awesome article you wrote! I'd like to see it published more widely.

• micmel

Moth~I enjoyed your article a lot. A lot of hard things to see in writing when they pertain to you. Well done.

• murfy
    murfy Member Posts: 258

Well done, Moth. May this stimulate discussion and action!

• katyblu
    katyblu Member Posts: 223

Good evening ladies! I hope everyone is enjoying a good start to their week. I had a wonderful weekend, the weather here finally felt like fall. The DH and I went to the San Antonio Beer Fest and got to meet Kikomoon and her DH. I enjoyed being out and socializing for the first time in a while. And then today I started teaching a 5 day class at work. It’s the first time I’ve taught in 18 months. We still have COVID mitigations at work, so I only have 4 students instead of 10. I completely forgot how exhausting it can be to teach all day! I feel for all these teachers. I don’t think I’ve talked this much in the last month combined haha!

Kitty, I’m so glad you are home. I hope that having your own space and sleeping in your own bed helps you feel better.

Moth, what a great article! I hope this encourages the conversation and brings more awareness to metastatic breast cancer. It seems like this month has gone away from its initial purpose and has turned into another sale opportunity. We need to get back to advocating for research. Your article really hit home for me.

Kikomoon, I hope your keyboard is salvageable! And the ‘k’ key is so very important 😊

I’m sending out happy thoughts to everyone!

• Pots
    Pots Member Posts: 189

Well said Moth!

• tanya_djamila
    tanya_djamila Member Posts: 1,537

Welcome Murfy you may have been here before but I never saw u.
    it was nice seeing you all on the group call today. Powerful discussions so empowering to hear the grit and struggles while supporting and clapping.

Moth that article is really challenging for the pink October brigade. Whew. Good job!

Tany

• mara51506

Kikomoon,when planning a longer walk, I really emphasize protein in my meal. Beans, spinach plus pb and me peanut butter powder packs it all in, season with queso and seasoning and boom, I have a meal that sticks with me for most of the walk. I will say I overdid the barbecue seasoning I added and it was ...

• micmel

Hello ladies~It was nice to see some of you today on the zoom meeting. Such a nice thing to do. I'll have to get used to the way it works. If I can manage my naps better Monday's. It's nice to put a face with a name. Everyone is so kind. I'm going to try to sleep. My happy place. My new bed is heaven. I feel lucky to have it. Hugs to all of you.

Pocket duty for anyone tomorrow!!!

• livingivlife

Moth- just read your article on MBC. Perfectly said!

I was that person 20 years ago. I thought of myself as a "survivor" . Who would think after all those years I would be diagnosed with this new sh.....metastatic breast cancer. The pink ribbons and happy commercials make me want to scream.