Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

My Husband, My Life, My Love, My Family, My Cancer

Comments

• illimae
    illimae Member Posts: 5,714

Shetland, we checked everything and I made a list of pesticides, cleaning/polishing chemicals, supplements/protein mixed and medications (only found for allergy and cough). DH says he wouldn’t have experimented on himself and is not anti-vax, just anti forced vax. Another possibility is contact with something while they were camping a couple weeks ago, maybe Lyme? Still waiting for more info from the hospital.

Also, here’s Captain Kirk going into space on the Blue Origin rocket this morning.

• moth
    moth Member Posts: 3,293

the feral cat rescue that does trap/neuter/release here uses grocery store rotisserie chicken in their live cat traps. Might be worth a try ..

• ohionana1605
    ohionana1605 Member Posts: 67

Mae, what a cool pic. Will have to watch some news to hear his interview. Thanks for posting. I also want to add I think what you all did for your friend is amazing and would all have friends like you. Good luck with cat search. Missed you on Monday’s zoom. Be

• mara51506
    mara51506 Member Posts: 6,460

That is an amazing picture Mae, cool to see a rocket going to space.

I am very happy for two reasons. They weighed me at the cancer clinic and I have lost some weight, 7 lbs. The other thing that makes me happy is that I do not need to testify in court. My previous statement was sufficient so the crown does not need me, I am happy about that since I was feeling stressed about that.

• kbl
    kbl Member Posts: 2,953

Awesome picture, Mae!

I just got this email in case anyone is interested.

https://embraceforumseries-2021.eventbrite.com/

• sondraf
    sondraf Member Posts: 1,679

I started watching Judgement at Nuremberg last night (you know, light viewing for a Tuesday evening) and marveled at how a movie made 60 years ago and one of the supporting actors on the screen was to be launched into space in 2021! What a life that guy has led.

Mara - those are two great bits of news!

• moth

good news Mara, happy for you esp about the trial. What a headache that would have been - a whole bunch of unnecessary stress.

Speaking of trials, my dd was called up for jury duty. As a critical care nurse she might get exempted though.

Saw my oncologist for probably the last time before she goes on mat leave. She said she'd still be floating around in the office until she gives birth, and consulting with the other oncs but she's probably going to be stopping seeing patients. She cheerily said "see you in a year" ( we have 12 mos maternity here) and I loved her optimism about that.

Haven't met her replacement yet. It looks like it won't be the ones who covered for her in the past so I'll be breaking in another MO.

Labs are ok so I get chemo tomorrow - yay!. Yesterday I felt really unwell. I'd had the 3rd covid shot on Monday & it really dumped me on my ass. Even had a fever. Feeling much better today. I've a flu shot booked for later this month.

• illimae

Got the cat! Closing up the cabin now and heading to the hospital 3 hours away to visit and talk to doctors. We discovered a dead bird that wasn’t there yesterday, so we bagged it and got a water sample to take too.

• Kikomoon
    Kikomoon Member Posts: 358

Mae - What's going to happen with the cat?? He/She's a cutie! Looks like my Maudie.

• karenfizedbo15
    karenfizedbo15 Member Posts: 719

Wow lots going on!Mae you and your DH are just stars ⭐️

• illimae

Monkey the cat will stay with us until our friend is able to care for himself and her but if that doesn’t happen, then we will keep her. His family seems uninterested and a shelter is out of the question. We’ll know more in the coming days/weeks but it’s ok, not in our plans but this is no one’s fault. She’s been sweet and quiet though, I think she’ll like us.

• micmel
    micmel Member Posts: 10,052

yay @ they got the cat! Good people. For sure

• tanya_djamila
    tanya_djamila Member Posts: 1,537

Just checking in to our exciting thread.

Mel I concur Mae and her husband are wonderful friends. Catching and Keeping the cat is a crown on top of Queen Mae.

Moth KBL Maemissed you guys Again Monday. So much going on. Grandkids got a cold again. Negative Covid test fir the 6 year old. The teenage twin girl bullied at school drama. I don’t know why but that got me so angry I was weepy all day.

Mara I am overjoyed that you don’t have to testify!!!

Booboo I hope 🤞🏾 things work out.

I see you all here waving hello and sending hugs. I’ll put a basket of baked goods on my beautiful living room friends doorstep!!

Sending hugs.

Tanya

• kbl

Mae, I'm so glad you got the cat and can care for him. I hope they find the reason your friend got so sick. I can't imagine how mentally exhausted you must be. What great friends.

Mara, I was posting at the same time as you were and didn't see you were able to be let go from testifying. I'm so happy for you, and congratulations on your weight loss

Tanya, we missed you as well. I’m sorry for your grandkids. I hope things get better for them and you

• micmel

I want to know how to get to the meetings ? You all keep mentioning. I know I’m late to the party. Is it mondays ?? Where?

• moth

Mel, you go to this page & register at the link in the first post. Then you'll get an email invite link to the zoom meeting

Mondays 2-3 ET

https://community.breastcancer.org/forum/8/topics/...

• micmel

thank you so much Moth. It's usually my nap time. But I would love to meet some of you wonderful ladies. Such a good idea. Thanks again

• ShetlandPony
    ShetlandPony Member Posts: 3,063

Illimae, congrats on rescuing the cat. I can't help wondering how to solve the mystery, and must add these ideas: Could your friend have eaten a poisonous plant by mistake, for example a mushroom or berry that looks like an edible plant? Any hunting or fishing, with the possibility of a poisoned animal? Any clues in the trash can? Also, it is possible for different chemicals used in the same day to combine in the body into something bad.

Mara, what a relief that you do not have to testify. And congrats on losing wight as you wished.

Tanya, I don't blame you for getting upset. I can't stand a bully!

Moth, I'm sure you are good at training new MOs. Somebody has go do it.

My goodness, you'd think the likes of us already have had our share of drama.

• mara51506

Tanya, I am relieved as well. I am sorry about your grandchild being bullied. Hopefully someone can put a stop to it.

Shetland, yes, not having to testify is for sure a relief.

• illimae

Shetland, great ideas but no non grocery meat and no mushrooms or berries, he does grow tomatoes and peppers, both appeared normal and food was mostly standard stuff like canned chili and I saw pancake syrup on the kitchen counter but nothing odd. I didn’t notice anything in the trash but didn’t think to really go through it until you asked.

DH saw him today and he’s basically the same. A stroke was ruled out, so now we’re trying to figure out what could have caused the seizures, it appears he had several around the house from areas of soiled carpet and knocked over furniture. He wants desperately to speak but can’t and is having bad tremors, so pointing or nodding is not feasible at this time either. Doctors took the water sample we brought but did not want the dead bird.

The mystery continues but we welcome any ideas, we’re grasping at straws in a pile of straws.

• kbl

Mel, I would love to meet you in the Zoom. It’s really a great meeting and goes as long as we need, sometimes over by a half hour.

Mae, I’m sorry about your friend not being able to talk. Hopefully things will turn the corner soon.

• kittykat9876
    kittykat9876 Member Posts: 420

Mae, I'm sorry your friend isn't doing so well, with any luck the doctors will get to the cause of the seizures.sooner rather than later.

Mara, I'm glad you don't need to testify and that you've decided to deal with your family maybe moving if and when it happens.

They did the scan today, I either have fungal pneumonitis or medically induced pneumonitis, either way I don't think I'll be going home in a hurry, I really hope I'm wrong.

Tanya, I'm sorry to hear about your granddaughter being bullied.

Waving hi to everyone else and a big thanks to Mel for opening her living room to all of us.

• goldensrbest
    goldensrbest Member Posts: 724

Mae - my mother always said she would rather have one true blue friend than a handful of fair-weathered friends. I am blessed to have 2 such friends (I’ve also had my share of the other kind and to those I’m happy to let go). You certainly fall in the category of the first! What a blessing you are to this man you helped. And what a blessing you are to us!

I hate any kind of bully. Our son-in-laws sister has a 1st grader (in a Christian school no less) who has started to get bullied. Fortunately the staff is on top of it but this is a child who will always be at risk. A super smart kid (he’s reading at a 5th grade level) with no athletic abilities, but so sensitive. So young to have this start. Lots of tears in his household. Breaks my heart. But bullying doesn’t surprise me when we see so much evidence of adults doing the same, especially after the covid experience

• mara51506

Goldens, you are definitely right about the adults bullying others too. I hope the child does not lose his love of books or become afraid to excel in class. I was picked on myself for being an advanced reader as well. When kids saw me reading my mother's books like Stephen King or John Saul, they made terrible fun of me. Even teachers did not like what I was reading but Mom told them she was OK with it, she knew I could understand what I was reading and actually enjoying them.

• tanya_djamila
    tanya_djamila Member Posts: 1,537

Thanks for the support. We’re having a meeting with the school today. My GD is in 8th grade. An 11th grade boy talked to her and someone told his GF. She sent a threatening text. I take all threats seriously. GD had full blow anxiety attack day before school. They had a meeting with her and the student. By lunch same day no one sat with her. She sat with a teacher. Lots of gossip. My daughter didn’t send her back to school yet.

Tany

• mara51506

Not doing too much today, will probably do my at home workout of 10000 steps after breakfast and decide if I need to go anywhere after. I still like the steps at home as they are a terrific workout with plenty of small rest breaks, takes about 80 minutes.

Also going to try getting some chocolate and cutting it up into smaller pieces. I have been craving it and do not want to get a bar and eat it all. If I let myself eat smaller portions of chocolate or chips or whatever, it should satisfy the craving. I have done that with peanut butter and have not found myself wanting to eat it out of the jar. We will see. I also don't eat at the burger joint now, mostly because I got tired of it and I don't miss the food. If I want a long walk outdoors, I just go in for a drink, eat my granola bar and leave. We will see what happens.

• micmel

Tanya~I hate bullies. I used to stick up for the people. I'm so sorry your grandchild had to deal with that. I hope he gets kicked in the shin and falls off his bike. What a jerk. Kids can be so mean. Kharma is a bitc* !! Sending hugs.

• sunshine99
    sunshine99 Member Posts: 2,723

I'm so sad to hear of kids (or anyone) being bullied. Life is hard enough, right?

Mae, I hope they can get to the bottom of your friend's symptoms.

Waving hi to everyone,

Carol

• livingivlife
    livingivlife Member Posts: 454

Mara- so glad you don't have to go to court and yay for losing 7 lbs. I wish I had the same will power as you!

Mae- Thank God you found the cat and thank God for such a special friend you are. My son has seizures and has to have an MRI which I am sure your friend has already had. Just to make sure there is no tumor etc

Tanya- I too was bullied when I was in school. It wasn't on school property as I was chased home and kids threw little stones etc at me. My mom had to talk to the parents directly but we figured the apple didn't fall far from the tree.

• micmel

Mara~very glad you don't have to go through that. No one wants to be apart of something like that. Weight loss. 🙌 whoop 🙌 whoop you go girl.

I agree being a teenager is hard enough no less add kids that just don't care into the mix. No wonder kids are depressed more now. When I was young we really didn't hear about that. We took our beating at school or wherever and went on about it. Now a days thirty people know everything going on within two seconds of it being posted .