Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

My Husband, My Life, My Love, My Family, My Cancer

Comments

• runor
    runor Member Posts: 1,615

Hi all!
    Dutch Iris -  do not feel guilty about anything. At a time when your own health situation is subject to change without notice, it does not allow you to be the person that everyone can rely upon to help them out of their tight spots. You have your own tight spot! Loving your Grandbaby does not change your situation and I know you must feel an incredible burden that you are not able to commit to more. You are doing a lot as it is!

Mae - it is difficult in life to learn that the people you love can really only help themselves. That often what people do for others in the guise of 'helping' or 'caring' actually is crippling and enabling and excusing and mollycoddling. It is possible to help someone who is making strides to help them-self. But when the loved one has stopped, no one else can be the engine that drives their life changes and choices. I had to be beaten over the head before I learned this lesson in my own life. Sounds like your family is embroiled in the gong show of drama that is the result of not separating who is responsible for whom. I am sorry for the misery.

I have been up since early this morning making, or attempting to make, pot gummies. I was given a recipe which involves a lot of gelatin and soft ball stage sugar and water. It makes a gummy that is basically like bullet proof jello, and I hate that texture. So I have been experimenting with coming up with my own special blend of ingredients to make a more pleasant to consume gummy. So far they have all failed. I have thrown more ingredients in the garbage than you can shake a stick at. I've been at this for days. My kitchen is a wall to wall gooey mess. By the time Hub gets home for dinner I am a weeping heap as I wail, "Why is this so hard to do?"  Since I do NOT consume edibles, those are for much braver souls than I, I don't know why I'm going at this so intensely. Because it bugs me that I can't crack the code, that's why. I think I need to bone up on my science and chemistry. 

Best day to everyone.

• micmel
    micmel Member Posts: 10,052

hello Runor. Always good to see you here! How is the hubs? How are things on the side of the mountain? What kind of weather are you having ? Pass me some of those edibles when you figure it out. How is your Dd doing. ? Hope your doctors app goes well. In your pocket for sure

• Lee64
    Lee64 Member Posts: 113

I had my PET scan last Mon. and saw the pulmonologist yesterday. He is setting up a lung biopsy for Jan. to get a sample of the nodule in my lung which has been increasing in size. my ONC had me stop Ibrance last Tues. and ordered Verzenio. I don't have the drug yet, being sent to me from god knows where. Has anyone had a lung biopsy? He said it would be done in the operating room with complete sedation. Tube with a camera and hollow needle to take samples of tissue. He said the usual risks are low for lung collapse but there could be coughing up blood and bloody mucous. The whole thing sounds dreadful!! Any info is appreciated.They will put a tube down my throat to get to the lung.

Mel, glad you were able to enjoy time with your family on Thanksgiving.

Mae, sorry about the family troubles. Hope you are able to put their troubles aside; it can be so difficult with families.

Dutch Iris, I'm a grandma too and have learned if the parent's can't see that it is too much for you, you just have to speak up.

Good luck to anyone having tests or scans this week; I am ready for pocket duty!

• molliefish
    molliefish Member Posts: 650

runor, hello girl. WB. Gummies are yummy. (Not really I despise more than I like) what I love is that you are trying. I am here Lovelies, lurking, reading, living my best life. 😘

• micmel

Lee~I’m sorry that you’re having to go through this. My lung has been acting up and I fear I’ll be standing next I line for a biopsy. I will be looking for any replies as well. I’ll be in your pocket!

Molliefish~ Good too see you again. Hope everything is going well . Glad you dropped in. Hugs. !

• moth
    moth Member Posts: 3,293

Lee, sorry I can't help although I've had 2 lung biopsies, mine were done with an external approach between the ribs on my back/side. Mine was just a local.

Complete sedation means you'll be out just like for surgery. They will probably preload with anti anxiety meds and post load with anti nausea meds so all you'll probably experience is a bit of sore throat. I coughed up a bit of blood for a while after mine.

I'm feeling better today, got lots done, made a lasagna & muffins, ran an errand, got my groceries at curbside pick up and now I just vacuumed. I think now I'll watch a show before bed.

hugs everyone

• candy-678
    candy-678 Member Posts: 4,168

Lee- I cannot help you with the questions about the lung biopsy. But, as Mel said, I will be following too, as I had lung nodules show up on my latest CT and they are monitoring them. I may have a lung biopsy in my future too. Sigh....

• booboo1
    booboo1 Member Posts: 1,196

Lee,

I had a bronchoscopy about a year ago, and I remember being told the same thing. It was a walk in the park. They put me out, and when I woke up I did not even know the procedure was over. I think I remember a slight sore throat, but no biggie. It was one of the more mild procedures I have had. In your pocket though.

• mara51506
    mara51506 Member Posts: 6,460

Well, still not feeling inspired toward the walking, will give myself a couple of hours of survey work and other things that make money and may go later. Just not feeling it. Still depressive though keeping busy with survey work and other online things that make a few bucks keeps my mind busy. Will be shopping with older DB but do need to pick up some milk as my brand is usually unavailable in the evening.

I did have a bit of a weird breakfast. Had ordered fettucine alfredo with chicken and a side of caesar salad. Unable to finish last night, this morning, took some noodles and chicken, added a few black beans, tiny bit of shredded cheese and a small amount of the beefless ground, warmed up for a minute on high in microwave. Added wheat bran for fibre. Seasoned with italian and steak onion burger seasonings and salt, added a dollop of queso, mixed and came out with a really nice breakfast. Tiny portions of each thing but they do taste good together. Gives me ideas of small things to add to meals so they are not boring for me.

• ShetlandPony
    ShetlandPony Member Posts: 3,063

Mara, I am sorry you are feeling depressive. We deal with so much. Sometimes when one more thing goes wrong it just makes me feel like giving up, like I have been knocked down one too many times. The garbage that terrible landlord is trying to pull is stress you do not need. Sending a hug/chicken soup/cute kitties.

"Fall down seven times, stand up eight." (A Japanese saying I have adopted as my motto.)

• Sherry2019
    Sherry2019 Member Posts: 7

hello ladies

May I know anyone else who is doing routine scan like every 6 months for early stage breast cancer? Thank you.

• micmel

sherry ~try one of the stage 1 or 0 threads I’m sure you’ll find someone there. Good luck

• illimae
    illimae Member Posts: 5,713

Sherry, I was never early stage, so I don’t know for sure. I thought most have annual exams but I agree, a post in the lower stage groups would probably give you much better results. Good luck.

• livingivlife
    livingivlife Member Posts: 454

Lee- I have never had a lung biopsy but I too have a nodule on my lung which is checked with CT.

Moth- you were so busy it makes me tired. Are you getting more rain out there again?

Mara- your meals get more interesting every day

Mae- I hope things are looking better for your family.

Yesterday was a waiting day as my son was getting an MRI in New Brunswick at 1pm. As it turned out the doctor refused to do the MRI because he was not going to give him anesthetic to put him out even though the neurologist here put in a special request. I heard he was quite rude and arrogant. When his worker called she was so angry because they drove 3 hours to get there. By 7:30pm they still weren't home and we were so worried . It turned out they went the wrong way on the highway and ended up in Northern New Brunswick instead of going south! Apparently Josh was enjoying the whole adventure but the workers were ready for a bottle of wine. Josh has many health issues besides the Down Syndrome and Autism including celiac disease and he had aspiration pneumonia where he was in ICU for quite awhile . He was on a feeding tube for awhile but he can eat normally now but all his food has to be puree. With all these things he has dealt with in his life I constantly asked God to take the heavy load from him and give them to me. If this disease is now my load to carry for Josh then I will face it head on.

• Lee64

Thanks all for the info on lung biopsy. I'm hoping it will not be as bad as it sounds. I hope the next few weeks are uneventful for everyone and that we can all enjoy the sights and sounds of the Holiday Season!

• kbl
    kbl Member Posts: 2,952

LivingIVLife, I’m sorry your son wasn’t able to have the MRI. It’s so frustrating when you expect something to happen and it doesn’t happen. Hugs.

• katyblu
    katyblu Member Posts: 223

Good morning ladies! I've taken a few days away to spend time with family in town. It seems a lot has happened since before Thanksgiving! I'm probably not caught up on everything but I'm wishing you all a wonderful December :)

Lee - so sorry for needing a biopsy! I hope it goes smoothly and as painless as possible.

Mara - Such interesting combinations. I'm not sure I could eat all that together. I'm sending angry thoughts to your landlords!

Mel - I hope your mouth is feeling better.

Mae - I'm so sorry you have to deal with these family issues!

I'm ready for pocket duty as needed, Thanksgiving treats to share.

• mara51506
    mara51506 Member Posts: 6,460

Katyblu, thank you for the angry thoughts, my neighbours and I appreciate them. This week will be more normal, beans, spinach, beefless ground most of the time. Varying seasoning, Maple and brown sugar seasoning smells and is just as delicious on top. With that one, I put a dollop of light mayonnaise and just combine it all. Sometimes I go more mexican and put the taco seasoning, steak and onion burger, sometimes italian or everything bagel and that is good and if I want more protein, I put peanut butter powder on to boost the protein. You cannot really taste it but it is good.

I did look up my city building department because one of my neighbours saw a plumbing truck and the work sounds more heavy duty than just the allowed stuff. I cannot get proof because if there is work that is not permitted going on, obviously they are not going to say come on in. I also know they are covering windows with plywood but that probably is two fold, keep us and other people out which is not totally shifty. I just find the company shifty. Will post again if anything happens.

• elderberry
    elderberry Member Posts: 1,067

Pocket duty requested for my bone scan tomorrow. My bone marrow "thing" in my upper left arm is still an enigma. The bone doesn't appear to be affected. It is just weird.

• micmel

pocket duty for sure

• sunshine99
    sunshine99 Member Posts: 2,723

I'll be there, too, Elderberry.

Carol

• moth
    moth Member Posts: 3,293

I had my bone scan today.

In your pocket tomorrow elderberry.

🤞 healthy bone vibes

• livingivlife
    livingivlife Member Posts: 454

Elderberry- pocket duty also with hugs

Moth- sending good vibes for bone scan results

• candy-678
    candy-678 Member Posts: 4,168

Elderberry- Pocket duty for ya. Peanut M&M's (if you are not allergic).

• tanya_djamila
    tanya_djamila Member Posts: 1,537

Livingivlife sorry to hear about the mri debacle. Two of my grandsons have autism one more than severe than the other. All their tests dentist appts etc are a major deal with special procedures. I’m so sad that they didn’t make provisions for him. I hope the caretakers got overtime.

Moth thank goodness you’re scans are done. Sending you healing healthy bone vibes.

In your pocket tomorrow elderberry.

Waving hello to all.

Tany

• illimae
    illimae Member Posts: 5,713

Reporting for pocket duty with candy :)

• seeq
    seeq Member Posts: 1,167

Elderberry - signing up for pocket duty with snickerdoodles

• Kikomoon
    Kikomoon Member Posts: 358

In for pocket duty, Elderberry. Hello everyone! just busy over here with holiday projects along with the paid work :/

• kbl
    kbl Member Posts: 2,952

Pocket duty for scans and great reports

• Lee64

Pocket duty for Elderberry!