Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

My Husband, My Life, My Love, My Family, My Cancer

Comments

• mara51506
    mara51506 Member Posts: 6,460

Shetland and Goldens, I am sorry you have been dealing with infections, may the drugs wipe them out as quickly as possible.

Moth, I am still thinking about your husband, send healing vibes to him and hopeful they get everything sorted for him.

Shetland, worrying about each thing at a time is very sensible to get it done, finish one thing, on to the other thing. Hoping you gain weight and feel better soon, I feel you about getting outside to feel better. I did not today but it was super windy here. Hopefully better tomorrow.

Elderberry, maybe the xray will reveal something, fingers crossed.

• goldensrbest
    goldensrbest Member Posts: 724

Moth - how is hubs? You were correct that my hubs had issues w/a-fib earlier this year. Took a cardiac ablation (6hr surgery) and multiple cardiac versions as well as various trials of cardiac drugs but he has been stable. Praying your guy can get the same results with fewer steps!

• ShetlandPony
    ShetlandPony Member Posts: 3,063

Goldens, I think I am deciding that I will encourage my DH to get a Golden Retriever when I and the cats are gone. I like to think of him with a loving doggie, and I won't be here to see the scratched floor anyway. Many many years in the future, mind you.

Yes, mara. One thing at a time. When stuff happens we have to narrow it down to essentials.

• livingivlife
    livingivlife Member Posts: 454

I am also catching up from a few days.

Golden- I am so sorry you have to go through this . May the antibiotics work quickly to rid the body of infection. Sepsis is a serious problem but hoping the shoulder pain will soon cease.

Moth- how is your DH.

To everyone else my thoughts and maraschino cherries are with you ❤

• moth
    moth Member Posts: 3,293

ah goldens, what an ordeal your dh had with this stupid afib! I'm glad he finally got stable.

my dh is still in hospital. We're coming up on 72h of chemical cardioversion and his HR has come down a bit but still too high for discharge. He feels ok but he's not doing much other than resting in bed with the phone & ipad & books. Cardiology is ordering more tests and might do the electric cardioversion in the next day or two. They did mention possibility of cardiac ablation too if this doesn't work...

• micmel
    micmel Member Posts: 10,052

Moth~sending good thoughts your way.

• kittykat9876
    kittykat9876 Member Posts: 420

Goldens goodness what a time you've had, glad that you're on the mend, Shetland too, I hope the antibiotics do their job and things can get back to what poses as normal for us. Mel, I'm glad your nausea is settling down and that your mouth continues to heal. Goodness Elderberry, what an ordeal you've had , my orthopaedic surgeon just gave up on my arm after one xray and a ct scan, literally told me to take stronger painkillers, I need a second opinion but I literally don't have the energy right now to follow up, after the holidays is soon enough, I hope the xray shows something that can be dealt with.

Candy, that's sad news for your pastor's wife, hopefully it will be benign. Moco I hope your new treatment works to get the cancer under control. Sending healing vibes to everyone and right there for pocket duty for who ever needs it ❤

• illimae
    illimae Member Posts: 5,713

I’m sorry to see so many having hospital visits, I wish you all a quick and full recovery.

Kitty, nice to “see” you

Micmel, I hope you’re feeling better and wish I could send you some energy for the day and a bit of my good sleep for nighttime.

• tanya_djamila
    tanya_djamila Member Posts: 1,537

Goldens sorry to hear about your arthritis sepsis.

I missed the online zoom call today. I went out to eat outside with a friend. We both have 3 vaccines already. I didn't think about the PET scan at all just paying attention to eating no carbs.

Mara hopefully the weather will be better tomorrow.

Moth I hope your husbands heart gets on with the correct rhythm soon.

To everyone going through tough times right now I hope things get better soon.

Tanya

• emac877
    emac877 Member Posts: 688

Just popping in to say hello, catch up and offer any pocket duty. I'm sorry so many have been sick or have loved ones sick. Thinking of you all.

• micmel

emac~ hello to you! I hope you’re doing well and had a good day today. Today was ok for me. Can’t complain. I am thinking of you all healing and dealing with hospital stays and testing. Will be available for pocket duty as always. Hugs and love for all

• mara51506

Healing energy being sent from me to those dealing with hospital visits, family health problems, sleep problems and just life in general. In everyone's pockets who need them, even my own from time to time.

Feel OK today and it is not raining, little cold but nothing some fleece will not cure. Have to get gift cards for birthdays. Taking the bus today with a little walking too.

I also feel happy, gave away my liquid laundry detergent as I do not use it myself anymore, powder only and someone in the building took it. That is good, one less thing taking up space here.

• moth

so this is random but surely someone here will know - how long does it take to cut down a christmas tree by hand? How hard is it?

With hubby in hospital and severe tree shortages here the kids & are thinking of going to a u-cut farm but I don't know if we're up to the task. The ones we're looking at provide hand saws and do not allow power tools.

• Cocogal
    Cocogal Member Posts: 25

Moth, when I was a teenager my grandmother and I cut down our Christmas tree. It was about 6' tall. We were healthy but not of exceptional strength.

• ShetlandPony

It probably depends on the quality of the saw, too. Sounds like an adventure!

• cowgal
    cowgal Member Posts: 625

Moth, it wouldn't take very long for an average size Christmas tree like a six footer. However, there are some variables that can affect this. How sharp is the blade on the saw and the strength of the person sawing. In my current physical condition, I could not do it. You need to be able to be on your knees and have good upper body strength. I can't remember what ages your kids are but if they are at least teenagers and in good physical shape, they should be able to do it with a good sharp saw. I guess if no one in your family is up to the task, you could ask the place if they know of someone you could pay to cut it for you.

• elderberry
    elderberry Member Posts: 1,067

ShetlandPony: Yeah. Just not sure where to look. Maybe it is an infection of some sort, but bone scans supposedly pick up infections. I have a tele-appointment with Dr S on Tuesday and I'll certainly be chatting about this.

• moth

My husband had an electric cardioversion procedure done this afternoon & it appears to have been successful. He's back on the cardiology unit resting and both his heart rate & blood pressure are down to normal. Such a relief!

Meanwhile we gave up on driving out to a farm for a ucut and found a lot that had a decent number of trees & bought one there. I hate shopping & get easily tied up in indecision knots. Did we pick the right one, should we have looked at more trees... They were bundled up so the only way to see them was to get someone from there to help you unwrap it & then they stand there while you look etc. And I'm just not good in situations like that lol. So I've been slowly giving myself a stomach ache thinking we paid too much for a tree that isn't right... The kids think it's fine so it's just me... It's not logical. It's just a tree & if I really hate it I can go buy another one because I actually have the room in my xmas budget so I should be happy but instead I'm just overthinking it. Going to try to watch a hallmark to snap out of it.

• illimae

Moth, great news about your DH, yay!

• ShetlandPony

How great to hear that your DH is back to normal heart rate and blood pressure, moth.

Oh, I also hate someone pressuring me to make a decision. The thing about the tree you got, is that it is now becoming YOUR Christmas Tree, and like a new puppy, it will be wonderful no matter any imperfections (or maybe because of them). You and your family will set it up and turn it around and find the side that wants to face out. You will fill in that one thin spot with an awesome ornament that needs space. You will decorate it and it will be The Right Tree.

• kittykat9876

Moth, great news about dh, hopefully he will be able to come home soon, the tree will be perfect, you and the children will make it yours.

• micmel

Good to hear Moth. Any tree can be a Charlie Brown tree and be loved! I’m relieved to hear about DH. That’s awesome. Glad he’s resting well. Sending healing thoughts.

Mae~ I’ll take some of good energy since you offered !

Kitty~ loving the avatar !

Mara~ hello sweet girl. Candy~ you too.

I found a therapist today wow the mental health industry is booming. It took forever for me to find one that could even take me , that’s with waiting almost a month to get in. But I want to be happy and find tools to cope and not have as many dark days. Wish me luck ! Sleep well lovelies!

• seeq
    seeq Member Posts: 1,167

Moth - great news for hubby!

SP - I love your Christmas tree description.

• illimae

Micmel, I wish you all the luck. I get the ups and downs but I’m often concerned about you, I want you to be able to enjoy right now, I want you to not just live longer but live bigger and better. Fingers and toes crossed, lol.

• livingivlife
    livingivlife Member Posts: 454

Moth - great news on your DH. The tree will be perfect because you picked it! Heck I have an artificial tree I put up every year. Tried the real tree and loved it but hated finding needles in the spring.

Mel - I'm so glad you found someone to talk to. Dark days are normal with this cancer but we also need to enjoy the light. I found this quote that reads...

"I will work in my own way according to the light that is in me."

Somehow it grabbed me in a certain way because some days the light in me is very dim and some days I find a warmth in a brighter light.

• lauri
    lauri Member Posts: 59

Moth, great news. I had a cardioversion for atrial flutter, then a cardiac ablation about six months later -- no problems since. (Worst part of the ablation was having to be at the hospital at 7 a.m.) Hope the Hallmark movie got your mind off other situations.

Micmel, glad to hear you found someone to listen to you and help you work through a tough time.

• micmel

Lauri~ welcome and thank you. I hope that you are doing well . Hope to see you here again.

• micmel

thanks Mae and living. It means so much.

• mara51506

Moth glad to hear about your husband. Don't tie yourself up in knots over the tree. Decorate and enjoy it.

• kittykat9876

Mel I hope that you can start to find joy in living again with this new therapist, you deserve to be able to enjoy your life to its fullest.