Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

My Husband, My Life, My Love, My Family, My Cancer

Comments

• illimae
    illimae Member Posts: 5,708

Thanks Runor. Funny that the cook is Jenny Jones, I think her and Donahue were talk show hosts at the same time after school when I was a kid. I hadn’t seen her in many years but recognized her instantly.

• chicagoan
    chicagoan Member Posts: 1,043

Illimae-I didn't recognize her as Jenny Jones. I guess life has its ups and downs but I thought it was a good video.

Runor-Thanks for posting it. The bread looks delicious!

• runor
    runor Member Posts: 1,615

She seemed vaguely familiar to me and at first I thought she used to act on Three's Company. She is not a tv personality that I am familiar with. Try the bread!

• minustwo
    minustwo Member Posts: 13,305

runor - thanks. It looks so good & so easy, I've cross posted the link on the "what's for dinner" thread (giving you credit of course). Hope you don't mind.

• sunshine99
    sunshine99 Member Posts: 2,723

Is that who Jenny Jones is? Did she play Chrissy's cousin?

• illimae
    illimae Member Posts: 5,708

Jenny Jones had a talk show in the late 80’s. I remember her well for 2 reasons. One was she had the same name as my BFF and second, her shoe basically ended after a guest revealed a crush to a friend live, both were men (more scandalous at the time) and after the show the crush murdered his admirer. Show staff had to testify at trial and a lot of blame was laid on the way the blindsided the crush, who was apparently enraged and embarrassed in front of millions. This was her then.

• livingivlife
    livingivlife Member Posts: 454

Mae- I remember her and that terrible situation. Phil Donahue was my favorite back then.

• Kikomoon
    Kikomoon Member Posts: 358

Mae- what a blast from the past! I remember Jenny Jones now. And Maury Povich, Montel Williams, sally jessy raphael. Geraldo. Hahaha.

Emac- yay for stable! Wishing you the best on your brain MRI.

Sunshine- what a pain, coffee and computers. Reminds me of the time I spilled it all over my work Surface keyboard, DH comes running with the shop vac and sucks up a key :-D. I learned eBay will sell you one replacement key for $7.

• tanya_djamila
    tanya_djamila Member Posts: 1,537

Mara what/how do you know how hard improv is?I had to remember that from the other page.

Emac hooray for stable.

Sunshine it sucks to make a mess like that. I hate when stuff like that happens.

Kiki moon yes it was a daytime talk show bonanza!

Tany

• micmel
    micmel Member Posts: 10,051

Emac~ stable. !!! 😘🎊😃 that’s wonderful news. Big hugs for you.

Hope all you ladies are well. Lol at Mae the news correspondent for the thread. I do remember Jenny Jones. Remember Tammy Faye and her husband the reverend? Time flys and so much happens. The mind forgets sometimes. It’s odd to bed. Hope sleep finds you all peacefully !

• mara51506
    mara51506 Member Posts: 6,457

I took drama for a couple years in both high school and an adult education centre as well. Improv was part of our curriculum and I was not the best at it. Others in the class were much better, I sometimes just stood there not knowing what to say. I am not the best at thinking on my feet when it comes to what to say, I can only imagine that having someone say different things and no script requires being quick on your feet dialogue wise. I love Curb your Enthusiasm too for the same reason, there would be a lose story to follow but they made up their lines.

• Rosie24
    Rosie24 Member Posts: 1,026

Hello from my hospital room. A ct done as a baseline for the trial I was supposed to start Friday showed a spine lesion at L1 that was pressing on my spine. It’s likely the cause of my hip and leg pain. Mri today gave better picture and new trialMO was alarmed enough to call me back to the hospital to be admitted. He’s concerned about the spine compression causing leg weakness or loss of function. I’ll either be starting radiation on Friday or getting set up for fusion surgery. So the trial is on hold. I just had a “clear” bone scan too, I guess it missed this big one on my spine somehow. The scan picture is pretty startling. Not sure how long I’ll be staying. It’s been a whirlwind of activity since I got here.

• booboo1
    booboo1 Member Posts: 1,196

Rosie,

So sorry about having to stay in the hospital. But take advantage of it! Order what you want (hopefully the food is not too bad) and enjoy letting someone else take care of YOU! After all you’ve been through, you deserve some quiet time—if that is even possible in a hospital. Read a book, catch up on a show, etc. Before you know it, you’ll be outta there! Prayers heading your way.

• kbl
    kbl Member Posts: 2,950

Rosie24, so sorry to hear, but I’m glad they caught it before something went very wrong. Please keep us posted.

• mara51506

Rosie, I am also so sorry you have been in the hospital but glad they found out the source of your pain. With treatment, I hope the pain goes away. I've sewn a pocket into your gown where we can send you strength.

• goldensrbest
    goldensrbest Member Posts: 723

Rosie - so glad the mri revealed the source of your pain. Fingers crossed that treatment will be radiation. Back surgery is no fun. Keep us updated.

Mara - that was the sweetest thing - sewing a pocket in Rosies's hospital gown 🥰🥰

• kittykat9876
    kittykat9876 Member Posts: 420

Rosie, so sorry you ended up in hospital, but as the others have said , you now know the source of your pain and hopefully they can ease it for you. Hospitals aren't the easiest places to relax in but as Laurie said make the most of having someone take care of you for a while. Sending you healing vibes.

• Rosie24
    Rosie24 Member Posts: 1,026

Thanks for the support and kindness ladies! I just got a port Weds and boy is it nice to not have all the pokes. The nurses seem to like using it too.

• candy-678
    candy-678 Member Posts: 4,168

Rosie- My thoughts are with you.

• micmel
    micmel Member Posts: 10,051

Rosie~ I hope that you start to feel better so you can get out of there. Remember we are here thinking of you. Hugs sweet woman..

• livingivlife
    livingivlife Member Posts: 454

Rosie- So sorry to hear of your ordeal. They did find the source of your pain so heres hoping radiation will be the answer. Prayers and hugs!

• seeq
    seeq Member Posts: 1,166

Rosie - I'm sure getting an urgent call back to the hospital was quite a shock - especially after having a clear bone scan! I hope it's a relief to know, finally, what's causing your pain and that there's a plan to treat it. Jumping in that special pocket Mara sewed for us.

• mara51506

Well, taking it sort of easy today and updating my diet a bit. I got too much into the eggs and white bread stuff and as a consequence, ended up with diarrhea I never typically have yesterday. Missed out on see older DB yesterday. I am still going to have eggs but TWO meals a day will heavily feature beans, bran and spinach to clean up my digestion and I will continue the enzymes. If I want everything in a meal that is fine, I will just shrink portions of the other stuff I like. Eggs with sour cream and italian seasoning with salt were blended together in my chopper, added some bran before mixing and had butter english muffin this morning. I decided to walk for 20 mins right after, just walking back and forth in the living room, longer strides, feels like more of a workout, just to take down some of the sugar from the carbs. I also feel better already, whether it is the music or the actual walking, it is nice. Nothing on the go but clearing out technology stuff around where I site, I do not have a desk but do use a laptop for surveys and several old phones for other things I do for a little cash. Just going to organize it so it does not look so messy. Moved one of my container under the couch to store and may actually start pulling out the couch to get to shelves my SIL put behind my sofa

• sunshine99
    sunshine99 Member Posts: 2,723

Rosie, wow, I hope they get things fixed ASAP!

mara, you are such a busy beaver (as my mom would say). Sometimes I get tired just reading about all that you do! :)

• tanya_djamila
    tanya_djamila Member Posts: 1,537

Rosie24 sorry to hear about your hospital stay. I wish I could just press the line button on Booboos advice.

Mara thanks for explaining the improv thing. I think you’d have to be pretty smart to do that. Thanks for the extra pocket. Oh and I started using just egg a plant based product as a substitute for eggs. So far it’s pretty good. I’m gonna try it in other recipes and see how it works as a binder.

Take care ladies

Tany

• mara51506

Tanya, let me know how the plant based substitute goes. I am sure we have that here too.

Well, done two 15-20 minute walks, pacing my living room, very demanding after both meals. Should help digestion and just feel good. Seems manageable for now until I want to walk outside again. I still only go outside when I need to but as long as I am doing something at home, I am satisfied. I do keep an eye on the floor since I do have two cats walking around. My one cat was swiping at me as I neared his ottoman as I moved quickly. It was funny. Going to get rid of the chocolate milk that is only a couple days outdated but after yesterday, not trusting it. Could have also been not eating proper meals too. I have some newer stuff anyway.

• moth
    moth Member Posts: 3,293

rosie, sorry to hear about your pain and having to be in hospital. I hope they decide on treatment asap and get you moving back on track with the trial.

I had my support group meeting this morning. It was good to catch up with everyone.

I have blood work on Sunday. I'm so pale and tired , I'm pretty sure I'm anemic. I'm trying to eat lots and take walks as I've read that can improve counts...I've been a bit down and I'm not sure if it's just the worry about the new med or steroids are messing with my mood too. I know that during the 48h after stopping steroids I get quite anxious.

• sondraf
    sondraf Member Posts: 1,679

Whoa Rosie - thats a whopper to find out! How did they miss that on a bone scan? However, at least you are in the right place and attended to at the moment and someone DID catch it before you lost function. I know its crazy but hang in there and think of how great it will be to have the back and leg pain resolved once they patch this up!

• Kikomoon
    Kikomoon Member Posts: 358

Rosie, in your pocket while in the hospital! I hope they get you all worked out soon!

Mara - kitties are funny when we do something out of the ordinary. I watched Murderville and thought episodes 2 and 3 were lol funny.

• mara51506

I watched the second episode and it was very good, looking forward to more. Also watch Reacher on Amazon Prime. I liked the movies with Tom Cruise but this Reacher is very tall and big like in the books.