Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

My Husband, My Life, My Love, My Family, My Cancer

Comments

• kittykat9876
    kittykat9876 Member Posts: 420

Mara, I watched one of the Reacher movies with Tom Cruise and couldn't get my head around the fact that he was short and dark haired, this new Reacher though, I binge watched the whole thing over 2 days, he's pretty much what I envisioned Reacher to look like. I can't wait for the next season, I hope they don't make us wait a whole year like we have to for Lee Childs to release a new book.

• mocogram
    mocogram Member Posts: 94

Mara, I really liked the Reacher series on Amazon. I much prefer the actor Alan Ritchson as Reacher over Tom Cruise.

• mara51506
    mara51506 Member Posts: 6,457

Looks like they have quite a few books to get through so I think they have a lot of seasons they could do. I am almost done the first season already.

• Rosie24
    Rosie24 Member Posts: 1,026

So after yet another mri for upper spinal sections today , the ortho surgeon came to see us and explained my two options of radiation only vs. surgery with a short course of radiation to follow later. Surgery is my best plan to eliminate the pain of the cord compression. Remove as much of tumor as possible, use rods and screws to brace L1 to vertebrae above and below. I opted for surgery as soon as I could be scheduled in. Doc thinks either Sat or Sun. Nervous but ready. Thanks again for your responses and support. I’m really surprised at the bone scan miss. Mara, I love the special pocket.

• illimae
    illimae Member Posts: 5,708

Rosie, in your pocket for surgery and wishing you a quick and full recovery.

• micmel
    micmel Member Posts: 10,051

hugging Rosie. Waiting with you

• chicagoan
    chicagoan Member Posts: 1,043

Rosie-This must be a lot to take in. Best wishes for your surgery. I assume that they will biopsy what they remove to make sure that your cancer hasn't changed?

• tanya_djamila
    tanya_djamila Member Posts: 1,537

Rosie that was quick. Do you know how long it will take to heal? That’s a great plan to get rid of tumors pain and stabilize L1. Pocket duty for all the hospital stay and surgery. I’m glad they found that bugger.

Tany

• runnergirl26
    runnergirl26 Member Posts: 66

Rosie: wishing you a speedy and successful surgery and relief of your pain.

• livingivlife
    livingivlife Member Posts: 454

Rosie- with you all the way. Everything just seemed to happen so fast but your medical team is right on top of everything. Hugs

• Rosie24

Yes, things have moved very fast, which I’m thankful for but my head is spinning some, I think I benefitted from the trial MO being a big figure and well-respected in my hospital system and taking quick action on having me admitted to the main campus location when the cord compression was seen. I didn’t even know it could lead to leg weakness or even paralysis. The ct scan report included a “yellow alert” about needing an urgent mri to follow up the ct. The mri had the “yellow alert” too, not sure what it said anymore. I’ve never seen that before. The RO team and the ortho oncology team took over once I was here but he still stopped in to see me once I was here to see how I was doing. It feels like I’ve had a lot of “house calls” to my room. Only downside is DH has to drive an hour each way to get here. I’m on the schedule for tomorrow. I appreciate all the pocket duty, prayers, and good thoughts. 🌺

• runnergirl26
    runnergirl26 Member Posts: 66

Rosie: wishing you a speedy and successful surgery and relief of your pain.

• kbl
    kbl Member Posts: 2,950

Rosie24, count me in for pocket duty. I wish you a speedy recovery and healing. Heart

• kittykat9876
    kittykat9876 Member Posts: 420

I'll be there right along with everyone else wishing you the very best outcome

• emac877
    emac877 Member Posts: 688

Rosie - Hoping surgery goes smoothly and that you have a speedy recovery. We'll all be in that pocket waiting for you when you're done.

• seeq
    seeq Member Posts: 1,166

Rosie - Wow, that changed fast. I'd be a little nervous about the surgery, too, even while confident it's a good decision. It will be good to know that area is stabilized. I was worried after your earlier comments. It is a bummer about the long drive to the hospital for dh. Maybe he can stay overnight the day you have your surgery. You have a crowd in your pocket for the weekend. Best wishes for an easy surgery and quick healing.

• moth
    moth Member Posts: 3,293

in your pocket Rosie for the surgery!

• mara51506

Rosie, glad the surgery is happening soon, may you have a speedy recovery. Of course I am in your pocket too.

• 50sgirl
    50sgirl Member Posts: 2,071

Rosie, I am in your pocket with everyone else. I hope surgery and your recovery go smoothly. We will all be hereto cheer you on.

Hugs and prayers from, Lynne

• mocogram

Rosie, best wishes that surgery goes smoothly and recovery is quick. Thinking of you, Jan
  • booboo1
    booboo1 Member Posts: 1,196

Rosie,

My, my, it appears you have a bit of a fan club here. How awesome is that? To have all of this positive energy heading in your direction, you can’t lose. Wishing you great success with surgery and recovery.

Heart

• goldensrbest
    goldensrbest Member Posts: 723

Rosie - here for pocket duty. Sending good vibes for healing

• micmel
    micmel Member Posts: 10,051

Mocogram ~ good to see you hoping you're doing well.

BooBoo ~Hello my sweet friend, I think of you often. Chilly temps here. Just don't want anymore snow. hope you're feeling ……ok and strong.

50'sgirl~ always lovely seeing you here. Precious woman.

Moth~ thanks for letting us know how you're doing. I know new tx can be challenging. Hugging you from across the miles.

SeeQ~ good to see you as well. I enjoy seeing everyone and knowing you're all doing as best as we can. Hugs

Rosie~ thinking of you hoping the surgery is quick and easy

Mae~ waving to you and emac… hope all is well.

Tanya~how is your family doing ? Hope all is well.

Kitty~Gonna check out the reacher. Sounds good!

Goldens~How are those pups? Chicagoan ~always nice to see you. Hugs to you.

Mara~I love laundry too!

Candy~I wish we all lived closer together. We need companionship within our stages real time..

• mocogram

Micmel, I'm on cycle 4 of xeloda, tukysa, herceptin and thanks to some slight dosage reductions, I'm feeling a little better. Not as many digestive issues and have a little more energy. Recent blood test shows tumor markers and RBC and WBC counts are close to normal range. Fingers and toes crossed. One weird SE lately is an excess of saliva. It's kind of gross, drooling and spitting. Hoping it's temporary. Thanks for asking.
  • sunshine99
    sunshine99 Member Posts: 2,723

Rosie, got room in your pocket for one more? Maybe you're in surgery by now or getting prepped. Hoping for an excellent outcome!

Carol

• illimae
    illimae Member Posts: 5,708

These are the jeans Rosie will need for surgery, big pocket duty ready.

• seeq
    seeq Member Posts: 1,166

Mae - I'd been visualizing those fishing vests with 20+ pockets, but this is much better - we can all hang out in the same pocket together!

• santabarbarian
    santabarbarian Member Posts: 2,311

Hoping the surgery goes well Rosie!

• mara51506

Rosie, best of luck on the surgery.

Mae, love the pockets, could use them to organize all my computer stuff since I have no desk yet. Saving that until I have to move which will mean I will look for a bigger place.

I am organizing my couch area which I keep my laptop that is used all the time, my various devices I use for games surveys or other moneymaking things. Emptied out my large storage ottoman so I can put the stuff I still use but don't want on the couch all the time. Will put everything in containers and store it away. My couch is high off the floor so my sewing kit will go in a container underneath. Trying to keep things together. Moving other things to behind the couch where there is some shelving as well acting as a sofa table.

I was looking at apartments and found a two bedroom apartment for not much more than a typical one bedroom. I like the look of it because I could see having a computer room and also extra storage. The kitchen looked larger than I would need but that would be fine. I am not leaving immediately or anything, the owner of the building still has no building permits for the building. Without that, eviction for renovation would not be allowed. I am also thinking that I need a part time job in the future to have a bit more money, not because I am out of funds but just to be able to afford a larger place. Unless the rent was the same, I would not move to a place the same size as what I have now.

I made a weird but strangely good breakfast. Decided to take two eggs, 1/4 cup pinto beans, spoonful of queso and another spoonful of sour cream. Added italiano seasoning and 1/4 cup of beefless ground, handful of wheat bran. Put this all in my little chopper (no blender) and mixed together, dumped in a bowl and cooked for roughly 2 mins with periodic stirring. It was very good and hearty but could have used some ketchup, filling but not overly so. Thinking of trying to make some bean type spread to add to garlic bread as a lunch meal. Maybe a spoon full of mayo, taco seasoning and a spoonful of preheated beans, put them in the chooper to mix and put on top. I am not a cook but am interested in seeing what I can do. A bit of garlic bread with this spread could go well with one of my soups or chili. We will see.

• Rosie24

Surgery postponed till tomw first thing. Emergencies bumped me out.