Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

My Husband, My Life, My Love, My Family, My Cancer

Comments

• seeq
    seeq Member Posts: 1,166

Candy - well, that's good. It sounds like everyone is in agreement. I must have misread.

• micmel
    micmel Member Posts: 10,051

Hello lovely ladies. insomnia has struck again and I thought I would check in to see how everyone is doing. Springtime is really here. The pollen is thick thick. Tummy is still on the mend. Hope I’m not Developing IBS or something. Everything scares me. Hope all is good.

Mae~ love those pups. Smile smile 😊

• illimae
    illimae Member Posts: 5,708

Last full day in our house. I welcome it but with DH feeling nauseous from medication yesterday, today is super busy.

A quick good morning to all and a cute puppy pic

• seeq
    seeq Member Posts: 1,166

Aww. The puppies are adorable as ever. I hope hubby is feeling better today.

• micmel

omg I just want to hold them. Sooooo cute I’m so jealous! Hope hubby is feeling better. I love those puppies.

• livingivlife
    livingivlife Member Posts: 454

Mae- I love to see pictures of your precious puppies . You will have a busy day cleaning and packing up the last bits.

Yesterday I had to go for blood work and will talk to MO this afternoon to see if I can start my next dosage of Ibrance on Friday. Yesterday I also went for a pedicure which felt so good. There was talk of weight gain and "Buddha belly". I am dealing with the same issues so I bought one of those form fitting tank tops to hold everything in. Trying it on I actually got stuck because it was so tight! I did get it on but it was so tight I couldn't get it off! Talk about a workout! Ok forget it and let it all hang out! I remember my mom wearing a girdle every day for years and years. Don't know how they did it back then!

Hope everyone has a good day!

• sunshine99
    sunshine99 Member Posts: 2,723

Oh, Deb, you make me smile. The image of you trying to get OUT of the form fitting tank top was really funny. I could imagine myself in that situation and having to call my husband to "GET ME OUT OF THIS THING!!!" I get pedicures about every 4 weeks or so, mainly because I can't get to my toes to clip the nails - plus I like the pampering.

My mom wore a girdle, too! I think I tried one a time or two, and I've tried Spanx. I just don't like anything tight around my waist. I wear pants every day, but they are cut to come just below my navel.

Carol

• goldensrbest
    goldensrbest Member Posts: 723

Nothing worse than getting stuck in a garment in a fitting room (and it's been years since I've ever been in one!) and not being able to get out of it. That has happened more than once. OMG the struggle is so real😝😝. It's so nice that we can laugh at ourselves.

So trip to Ortho oncologist for right hip yesterday resulted in getting scheduled for hip replacement on 5/10. I can't believe there was an opening so soon. Can't wait to get rid of one pain. I really liked the doc and feel comfortable having the procedure done. He said hip was as bad as any he's seen. The portion that is dead bone will be sent for pathology. It will be an overnight stay. Already scheduled for PT starting 5/17.

Then had my EMG for my neck this morning. Confirmed I have C6 compression. Whoopie!! Now wait to see spine surgeon on 5/6.

Lastly I decided to check out palliative care through the cancer center. I'm not particularly happy with the new pain management doc I saw so based on so many positive experiences that many of you have had, I'm testing those waters. You are the bestest friends in this dance 🥰🤗❤️🥰🤗❤️

• Rosie24
    Rosie24 Member Posts: 1,026

Goldens, Wow, that was some fast scheduling for your new hip. Wishing you the best for that surgery, and for your appt with the spine surgeon. I’m glad you’ve at least got a plan for the hip pain.

Living, So relatable about trying on something you couldn’t get out of without a fight! I was trying on dresses for an event last summer and had that happen with some pull over the head styles. I did learn not to go any further if something felt tight, lol. And, I enjoy a pedicure too. I usually skip them during* our colder months and am happy to go back once it’s sandal time again.

Candy, I hope your labs reveal something that might have caused your pain and burning in your feet. I don’t have it in my feet, but had that hip and leg pain a few months ago that turned out to be nerve pain. It was awful. I sympathize with you.

Last week I had a telehealth appt with my MO that turned out to just be a phone appt. The discussion was fine, and I asked questions I had. It was a bit odd feeling though because there were awkward moments of silence here and there. Usually in person it’s not awkward to have breaks in the conversation. I think he may have been waiting for me to add more and to let me talk. Next month my appt is in person, but with the NP. I’ve been scheduled for CT and MRI scans next Friday (6th) after 4 chemo treatments. I think my doc was concerned that I still have occasional mild leg tingling even after surgery and radiation to my spine. I’m concerned too but hoping it’s not what I think, that the residual lesion is growing again.

Mae, Love those pups!

Hello to everyone here. I hope you’re doing ok or better than ok. 😊

• elderberry
    elderberry Member Posts: 1,067

Living: A friend talked me into taking a Charm School class after school. I was about 15 at the time, 5"2" and weighed about 100 lbs. Not much more than that. The instructor told us girls that every female MUST wear a girdle. I tried one on. Honestly, my hip bones stuck out far enough to make the elastic front on the girdle more like a trampoline than anything. Maybe hamsters or mice could have done some jumping and flipping. Ha ha. I never wore a gridle after that.

Except when I was at work I never wore a bra in my 20's. I had (sadly not now) very "perky" boobs.

I have had stuck in clothes in a dressing room experience too. Usually something just part way over my head.

Good luck to everyone with upcoming scans and MO appointments.

• livingivlife

I love everyones story about trying on clothes that don't quite fit. Unfortunately my husband wasn't home at the time, only the dog and she wasn't much help 😕

Goldens- that is so good you could get surgery so quick and physio.

I have back, hip and knee pain also and it sucks. The doctor wants to wait until my next scans in June before I make any decisions on what I do next.

• tanya_djamila
    tanya_djamila Member Posts: 1,537

Goldens wow just wow that you got such a quick surgery date. You are encouraging. Onward!!!

Waving hello to al

Tanya

• sunshine99

Goldens, I'm glad, too, that your surgery date is so soon. Less time to worry about it, right?

Carol

• micmel

love the garment story. Lmao.

• booboo1
    booboo1 Member Posts: 1,196

Mae,

Those pups are so darn cute. You can tell they are bonded for life. You are one lucky lady to have the love and affection from those two furry babies. God bless you girl, and anyone else who rescues!

• micmel

my DH is going to help arrange for me to volunteer at the local pet shelter two days a week. I think it will be a good thing for me to do. I am on the look out for my rescue. (Little does he know). When I find him I’m going to snatch him up.

Hello BooBoo! 🌷

• goldensrbest
    goldensrbest Member Posts: 723

Mel - that’s a great idea to help out at the animal shelter!🐾🐾. BTW - how is your son doing

• booboo1

Mel,

I believe you are going to be so happy when you find the dog that needs you. I know how hard it was for you to lose Deeohgee. I hope that you also enjoy your time at the dog shelter. I couldn’t do that because I’d bring home too many of them.

Hugs to you.

• candy-678
    candy-678 Member Posts: 4,167

Hello all.

Goldens- Pocket duty for your hip surgery, and seeing the spine doc for the C6 issue, and starting with Palliative Care. You have a lot going on!!!!

Rosie- Pocket duty for your scans next week.

Mel- Good idea for you to volunteer with a shelter!!! I could not do that. I love animals, esp cats, and I would want to take them all home. I hope you find joy in your endeavor, and find a pup.

Not much here. I am getting blood work today-- for the burning feet issue (PCP ordered labs), and a CBC from MO for prep of Monday's hip injection. Not much else until Monday. I just want the injection over. I hope it helps the arthritis pain in the hip. And I hope the burning feet issue is not much to be concerned about. I am tired of docs and medical stuff. Otherwise I still struggle with something to occupy my time. I have posted here many times before about not having hobbies and wanting to be careful in public due to Covid/germs. So I still struggle with stuff to do.

• mara51506
    mara51506 Member Posts: 6,455

I did read on her caringbridge that Liza or better known as leftfootforward from the brain mets and other threads passed away earlier this morning. My heart goes out to her family, friends and friends here as well. She took a lot of my fear away when I was scared of brain mets first and then later when I was diagnosed. She went through lots of treatments and she went as far as she could.

Well, quiet day here so far. Just had breakfast, nothing special you have not heard about. One thing that was different was that when I shopped with DB the other day, bought bags of chips and chocolate. Well yesterday, spent most of the day consuming said treats. I still had unopened chips and chocolate but did not want to eat them too. I decided to put them out on the porch of my building since it was fairly cold. Only the unopened stuff. I know now having that stuff is bad for me eating wise. I can allow a chocolate bar once a week or so but cannot keep them in the house. I do have cookies as well but have not touched those yet. If I start eating too many cookies, I will get rid of those as well.

Having issues loading a staple gun I purchased to fix up some scratching posts for my cats. I got the right size staples so was getting really frustrated, watched videos and everything but to no avail. It spits out individual staples but I cannot staple anything. I will ask DB about when I see him again but if I want to fix stuff, packing tape at the top and bottom will be in order.

• livingivlife

Mel- I'm so glad you will volunteer at a shelter. I also wouldn't be able to because I would want to bring them all home. Thank God for all the volunteers.

• mara51506

Jesus Christ, now the bathroom is leaking from above me where they are working. I will report this but I marched upstairs and practically yelled that my bathroom is leaking from there. I don't know what kind of jokers are running this shit show but they need to hire good people who know what the hell they are doing. I already had a foot come through my roof and now my bathrroom is soaking wet. They were like we can give you towels, I said no, I have plenty of towels, you just need to stop the leak.

• elderberry
    elderberry Member Posts: 1,067

mara: Good Grief~!!! or better yet (*&^$#& They suggested towels?! I am totally gob smacked. I have terrifying visions of either the toilet or the bathtub falling through into your place.

• mara51506

I reported this to both the property manager and building services. If I could afford to move I would but I cannot afford it. Stuck here for the time being.

• emac877
    emac877 Member Posts: 688

Just checking in to say hello. I'm a little frustrated after a pelvic ultrasound this morning. I was told to drink 32 oz of water an hour before to fill my bladder and I did. I guess that wasn't enough because even though she said my bladder was full, the images still weren't showing the uterus or ovaries well. I had to reschedule for next Tuesday and I think I'll just be on the safe side and give myself a longer time and drink a little extra. I'm trying not to worry about it. I've been having some post-menopausal bleeding and cramping that feels like menstrual cramps but aren't. In my head I know the least likely option is cancer but at the same time the risk is never zero so I'm trying not to let my brain get too carried away with worried thoughts. Has anyone else had trouble with this? I know breast cancer is a risk factor for uterine and ovarian cancers but I am counting on this being a bleeding fibroid, not cancer.

I think I've had neuropathy since my chemo treatments for stage2. I have to sleep with socks on because I can't handle the sensation of my feet rubbing against the sheets. I have trouble wearing sandals for that same reason. Most of the day I don't have a problem but every now and then I get really sharp pains. I joke that it's like I have ants in my shoe sometimes. I was started on Gabapentin for it but haven't found that it gives me much relief. I may talk about upping the dose next time I see my PCP. I have a similar sensation on the right side of my face. It starts like a jab in my head and I have pain in my ear, down my cheek and into my teeth on that side. My neck has been sore lately so it may be more of a trigeminal neuralgia kind of thing than neuropathy. I'm not sure.

Most of the time I'm pretty happy go lucky with all the stuff. I figure things can always be worse and try to look for the blessings in life and not focus on the frustrations. These last few weeks though have me down. I am just finding the pain exhausting and a little more depressing than normal this week and I'm waiting to bounce out of it. I think I'll feel better after my ultrasound and talk with the doctor on Tuesday.

• mara51506

Emac, sorry you are having a rough time both with your test and the neuropathy. I can attest to how uncomfortable it can be. I always find it really bad post Herceptin as well but usually is better for me when I drink tons of water and get some exercise but that is just me. I hope things even out for you so you do not have to feel so down which is really hard not to do when you have so much going on.

• booboo1

Emac,

There is nothing more frustrating than having to reschedule a test you were ready and waiting to have done. Sorry things didn’t work out for you. I hope you have better days ahead. Yes, ask for a bump up withthe Gabapentin. That may do the trick.

Hugs,

Laurie

• mara51506

Nothing too much going on here today. It is nice out so I plan to work throughout the day to FINALLY clear out the cardboard and other recycling and make space by the front door.

There is still quite a bit of work going on. The property manager office did email me back calling the leak minimal, funny that it did not look minimal to me. Oh well. There was some sort of building dept person here as I could over hear adjustments they have been told to make.

Nothing to interesting food wise, pinto beans and beefless ground with mushroom and spinach chopped up, heated on a buttered pan. Seasoned with loaded fry seasoning, think it is a sort of garlic parmesan. Mixed those ingredients in with a small spoonful of queso and mayo all mixed together. Was quite good.

• sunshine99

emac, I'm sorry the ultrasound didn't get a good view. I remember having one and having to drink A LOT of water. The full bladder was such fun (not.) I hope that whatever it is turns out to be nothing, or something easily treatable.

Your ants in your shoes comment made me remember when I was a little girl and after sitting in a church pew for an hour, or however long it was, I'd tell my parents that I had "raisins in my feet." I don't know if I ever explained what I meant, but to me it felt like hard raisins were hitting the bottoms of my feet. I still get the ants/raisins sensation. Just my life.

mara, good grief! How much is one person supposed to put up with? We used to have this reporter (can't remember his name) who would investigate shady business types. People would call and tell him about a bad experience, like with your property owner, and he'd show up on their doorstep with cameras and shame them into doing what they should be doing. I wish you had someone like that.

• illimae
    illimae Member Posts: 5,708

Hi everyone, it’s been a busy couple of days but I’m happy to report that our house is sold. All documents finalized about 5pm and we are exhausted, mentally and physically. I managed over 18,000 steps yesterday and over 12,000 today just moving stuff. Going out for some crawfish and beer to celebrate.

In today’s PUpdate, here’s tiny Pig struggling with a tennis ball, lol