Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

My Husband, My Life, My Love, My Family, My Cancer

Comments

• kittykat9876
    kittykat9876 Member Posts: 420

Thanks everyone, and hugs back to you all, I see my oncologist today, so I'll let you all know how it goes. Mae, I'm glad you're feeling better this time around. Moth, I am glad you're doing a bit better,I hope everything continues to improve for you. This thread moves so fast now, there are 2 to 3 new pages when I wake up in the morning, so to anyone I've missed, know that I'm thinking of all of you and wish you all the best for whatever is going on for you. ❤

• kbl
    kbl Member Posts: 2,950

KittyKat, so sorry for the progression. I'm with others in hoping whatever is next kicks it back for a long time to come.

I'm thinking of all of you. I've been a bit quiet lately, but it's more because I've been so busy. I have a week with my husband right now, and I left my grandson back home. It's the first time in a year and a few months I haven't taken him to the country with us. Feels a little weird, but I'm in need of a short break.

• molliefish
    molliefish Member Posts: 650

Kikomoon, yes keep on being you! Keep on keepin o

• molliefish
    molliefish Member Posts: 650

stereotactic biopsy today, questioned the radiologist since I didn't get any real info on the phone call. He says very small micro calcification, he's not able to eliminate them from the scans so he asked for biopsy, he says he was not really concerned but 'didn't know about my first cancer and was taken off guard. He said regardless he still is optimistic the mm are not cancer. We will see. Having sympathetic pains in the left breast. What a mess. I am not confident but am also pragmatic. What will be. Will be. Love to al. Xoxo

• kittykat9876

Hi all, well Sanju wants to give the Verzenio a chance because I only had 3 weeks on it before I had to stop, so we're going to give it a chance and I'll see her every 2 weeks for a bit so she can see how I'm responding. kbl, enjoy your break with hubby, it's nice to have family around but we all need some downtime occasionally. Mollifish in your pocket while you wait for the results. Moth, I saw your ig post, I'm so sorry your bloods ar so low, I wish I knew of a way to get them back up.

• mara51506
    mara51506 Member Posts: 6,454

KBL, always good to have downtime for sure.

KittyKat, may the Verzenio be effective and kind on any SE, in your pocket too.

Love going out to moth, hoping they can suggest a way for her bloods to be brought back up.

My older DB texted yesterday and asked me to come out even if I did not want groceries, wound up walking around Costco and two grocery stores. Was worth 6000 steps so that was good and I did wind up getting a couple of things as well but no beans. I opened my new Vileda Duactive broom, has corner bristles and one side has foam, definitely collects the dust well, will be good to use.

I did have a beef pie purchased yesterday. OMG, it was delicious and simple, just the beef pie itself, salted it and added a good dollop of caesar dressing. It cost a lot of calories but I can simply do low cal snacks the rest of the day along with the exercise.

I really do like the new broom but it is a bit messy so still needs to be vacuumed after use but it shines to the dust pick up on the foam part. Will just take some getting used to. Laundry is done, not much to do today.

• tanya_djamila
    tanya_djamila Member Posts: 1,537

Good afternoon ladies

Kitty sorry to hear about the progression. Thanks for checking in.

Take care all sending hugs

Tany

• micmel
    micmel Member Posts: 10,051

imageI finished my fourth painting. This one was fun too. Took a long time. But so soothing. I know it’s not for everyone, but I love it ! Love to all of you ladies.

• Kikomoon
    Kikomoon Member Posts: 358

Mel- it’s beautiful! And I bet it is so relaxing

• candy-678
    candy-678 Member Posts: 4,167

Mel- Glad you are enjoying the painting. You also were good at mask making. You are an arts and crafts person. I am not, sorry to say.

• seeq
    seeq Member Posts: 1,166

Mel, love the painting! It makes me want to sit there by the door and watch the world go by, or read a book, or just chill.

I've been busy with housework and laundry all day (last load is in the dryer). I usually spread it out over several days, but the customer service hell required two trips -on different days - to a town an hour away. The kids start arriving tomorrow, and I really want everything to be as perfect as possible.

Here's a picture of my new kitchen with the backsplash I worked so hard on. We still need to caulk a bit, but it's 99% done.

• sunshine99
    sunshine99 Member Posts: 2,723

mel, I love your latest painting!

seeq, your backsplash and the rest of your kitchen are beautiful. Have fun with the kids!

Carol

• micmel

love the backsplash looks sharp. Nicely done!

• elderberry
    elderberry Member Posts: 1,067

seeq: love the blue backsplash. Your kitchen counters are so tidy!! Beautiful new kitchen. You must be very happy.

• livingivlife
    livingivlife Member Posts: 454

Mel- love your new painting. So glad you found something you enjoy doing

Seeq- excellent job on the new kitchen. Love the blue backlash. Have a great time with your family!

• micmel

living ~ty it really does help. To keep the mind occupied. I find it very soothing and I get to see progress everyday. I have my morning. Coffee. Paint a number. Let it dry. Then nap. Then I come down for a second color for the day. It’s creative and I am so glad I tried it. I’m starting another in the morning.

• kittykat9876

Mel, I love your painting, you're so talented. Seeq your kitchen looks amazing, I love the colours on your splashback, yeah, we say it backwards down here, it took me a long time watching your reno shows to get used to the way you say it up there.

I'm feeling better since my visit with Sanju yesterday, she even called me at home last night to make sure I was OK.

• denny10
    denny10 Member Posts: 421

micmel, The latest painting is my favourite so far , I want to be there too. I am pleased the process also gives you joy.

seeq, I now have kitchen envy.

When are they going to sort this site?? I read this thread everyday . Today it said I had 72 unread posts, I panicked a bit ,thinking what is going on? It was about 10 and mainly positive ,thank goodness, not good for stress levels.

Relax and enjoy the weekend. x

• candy-678
    candy-678 Member Posts: 4,167

SeeQ- I love the kitchen.

• Rosie24
    Rosie24 Member Posts: 1,026

SeeQ, your kitchen with the new backsplash looks beautiful. Enjoy the time with your kids.

Mel, I love your painting. What are you doing with them once you finish them? I suggest framing them. Maybe they’re close to a standard size and you could get ready-made frames from Hobby Lobby or Michael’s (if you have those).

• micmel

My children are asking for some of them. We are going to choose the best ones to frame. The last one has already been claimed. thank you for even caring

• kbl
    kbl Member Posts: 2,950

Mel, all of your paint by numbers have been beautiful. I’ve started doing online app paint by numbers. Lol. Not artistic at all and can’t stay in the lines. It’s easy to just pop my finger into the gray spot and it puts the color for me. Haha.

SeeQ, great job on the kitchen. Love the colors. Have fun with the kids.

KittyKat, that’s very interesting to know you say splashback. I learn something new every day.

Waving hi to everyone.

• sunshine99

Good morning, everyone! It's nice to wake up, stumble into the Living Room and find everyone here and to "hear" all the chatter.

I'm SOOOO tired (no pun intended) of not being able to sleep at night. Last night I got into bed at around 10:00 but didn't go to sleep until around 1:45 am. If course, I picked up my phone (bad, bad, blue light) to Google "Why can't I sleep?" and then looked on Amazon for natural sleep aids, then checked to see if my Kindle emits blue light, then tossed and turned, and FINALLY fell asleep. I've stopped snacking at night, stopped my evening glass of wine, and I JUST WANT TO SLEEP AT NIGHT!

I don't think I'm napping too much during the day but will monitor that. I may hit the natural food store today and talk to them. Maybe a different kind of magnesium than what I'm currently taking? Who knows? I don't drink anything with caffeine (even decaf) after 1:00 pm.

OK, I'm done grumbling (for now.)

Carol (not-so-sunshine)

• livingivlife
    livingivlife Member Posts: 454

Sunshine- have you tried Melatonin? It's a natural sleeping aid. My doctor gave me a prescription for Trazadone to help me sleep if needed.

OH CANADA 🇨🇦

WOULD LIKE TO WISH OUR CANADIAN LADIES A HAPPY CANADA DAY 🇨🇦 😊

Debbie

• elderberry
    elderberry Member Posts: 1,067

Thanks for the greetings. I found my flag in the jumble that is the reno in the basement and hung it from the back deck. I hope it doesn't confuse or frighten all my little bird friends away from the feeders

A dry Canada Day on the Coast. Almost a miracle. We often have rain to douse any fireworks.

Sunshine: I use melatonin regularly. 10 - 20 mg. Occasionally I use CBD oil. It doesn't put me to sleep but relaxes me enough that I can drift off. Sometimes nothing works for no apparent reason. Then I might have a toke or two of low THC pot. My brain then rambles around for a bit about nothing and I fall asleep.

mel: those paintings are terrific. I remember the old ones from the 1950's -- usually cute dogs and horses. Or maybe they were just the ones I picked out to use.

• sunshine99

I've tried melatonin for sleep. I've also tried magnesium, Tylenol PM, Z-quil, Unisom and I think that's all. Not all at once, in case you're worried, LOL. I also was having a glass of wine before bed, but I cut that out. I just got some low dose CBD softgels this morning. Starting with 15 mg. Going to try it tonight. DH is going on another climbing trip next week. I want to try this while he's home.

Carol

• mara51506
    mara51506 Member Posts: 6,454

Seeq, love the kitchen and backsplash. Envy all that counter space but it is wonderful.

Mel, glad the painting is keeping your mind easy.

I was up too late until 400 am and woke around 8 am. Still feeling OK but took it easy today. Watched the last two episodes of Stranger Things 4 and will watch the rest of The Boys after Young and Restless. Yesterday watched the high art of Beavis and Butt-head do the Universe which was funny. Nostalgia for sure.

• goldensrbest
    goldensrbest Member Posts: 723

Mel - love the paintings. None of them look like paint by number! Last one is my favorite too. I imagine opening the door to find a beautiful garden area with a fountain surrounded by a walkway all around leading to various other doors and sitting areas. Sort of like a Tuscan villa. How funny - I’m having a small glass of Chardonnay as I write.
    So we got our 2nd covid booster on Monday and today I wake up with this strange rash a couple inches below the site of injection. I was worried that I got a bug bite during the nite and went through the sheets looking for a culprit. Nothing to be found. Then later then injection site had a rash. Come to find out I have what is called Covid Arm, which is a rare occurrence that can happen a few days after the actual shot. Doesn’t itch Go figure.
    Have a safe holiday weekend sisters!

• Kikomoon

elderberry- send some of that rain this way! We hand watered the dry yard today B/c Of fireworks in the neighborhood and DH has big grill plans, already started a brisket and pork butt will be tomorrow. He’s really bustin’ my grocery budget! I am counting on lots of leftovers that he will see often while I eat vegetable soups.

Mel- I agree with Rosie, wait for a frame sale at Michaels if you have them. You won’t have to wait long.

I need SeeQ’s beautiful kitchen! I am so irritated with internet recipes. All the reviews are like “ it looks so good”! But did you make it? Because I did - made Kind Bars and it was a damn mess! Going to have to eat with a spoon. I made quinoa bars (after I got the damn quinoa) and I didn’t like them. DH ate them though. If anyone has a trusted recipe for no refined sugar granola -type and/or nut bars I’ll take it!

Our house was built in 1920 and has half the original kitchen, and 1/2 crappy diy 90’s reno. Counters are thin granite looking TILES, the kind that if you spill coffee grounds you’ll NEVER know. The kitchen floors are awful travertine tiles, with big holes, not good for kitchens spills. The old pantry has three types of tiles, the layers of history! Apparently no one has ever torn any out- probably asbestos that’s why. No dishwasher either. But I love this old quirky house. I think the listing even said “quirky”. just like us.

I’m just rambling now. Thanks for listening

• Kikomoon

Mara- Beavis and Butthead LOL! I stop on that show sometimes on Pluto and just laugh and laugh at how stupid they are! Nostalgia for sure.

Goldens- a Covid rash, yikes! Hope it gets better soon.