Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

My Husband, My Life, My Love, My Family, My Cancer

Comments

• sf-cakes
    sf-cakes Member Posts: 609

Moth, I have appreciated all your posts since the first day I joined this community. I love your smarts and your passion and your rage. Hugs and love to you, and screams of anger and frustration into the universe that this is happening.

• livingivlife
    livingivlife Member Posts: 454

Moth- you have always shown compassion, shared your knowledge and now your courage . May you be surrounded by love and peace.

I am angry that this disease has left us so vulnerable like a storm from which we cannot hide.

• sondraf
    sondraf Member Posts: 1,679

Moth - Ive always appreciated your input and insights on all the various topics, even if sometimes they are raw and not what I wanted to read (i.e. your recent post about Stage IV stats and all - I think it was on one of your other sites). Your wry sense of humor at dealing with all this craptaculousness and still trying new means of expression in the midst of the storm, are such admirable traits and something I will remember. May your time now be filled with peace and love and family.

• denny10
    denny10 Member Posts: 421

Moth , thank you for letting us know your situation. It gives us an opportunity to tell you how much you are loved and will be missed. Wishing you a calm and peaceful time with friends and family.

• murfy
    murfy Member Posts: 258

Peace & love, dear Moth.

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,549
    Moth, the compassion, knowledge and realness you demonstrate is widely appreciated in our BCO "family". Your beautiful smile always brings so much joy. We are sending you peace, love and gentle hugs. We will continue the fight against MBC! F cancer!

The Mods

• mara51506
    mara51506 Member Posts: 6,454

Moth, I am so sad to read this after all you have gone through to fight this disease. I will be thinking of you and your family now.

• booboo1
    booboo1 Member Posts: 1,196

Moth,

“What no eye has seen, nor ear heard, nor the heart of man imagined, what God has prepared for those who love Him.” 1 Corin. 2:9

I will pray for peace and comfort for you and your family.

• goldensrbest
    goldensrbest Member Posts: 722

Moth - you have an inner strength that will carry you forward. May the rest of your road bring you peace and comfort.

• candy-678
    candy-678 Member Posts: 4,167

Moth- Just now seeing your post. May you have peace now surrounded by friends and family.

• LI77
    LI77 Member Posts: 68

Moth—this disease is an absolute fucker. I’m so sorry to read this. In my short time here so far, I’ve seen you as a smart, genuine, honest, compassionate, helpful, generally awesome person. I hope that you find peace and are surrounded with love at home. Know that there are so many people here thinking of you. ❤️

• Rosie24
    Rosie24 Member Posts: 1,026

Moth, I am very sorry to read your post. Wishing you rest, peace, and family to be with you

• 50sgirl
    50sgirl Member Posts: 2,071

Moth, Like others here, I wish you and your family peace and comfort during this difficult time. I hope you are able to share some time with your family in the days ahead. You have brought a great deal of knowledge and support to everyone on theses boards, and we have appreciated all you have done. You have brought light to so many.

Hugs and prayers from, Lynne

• kittykat9876
    kittykat9876 Member Posts: 420

Moth, I am also wishing you and your family peace during this difficult time.

• Kikomoon
    Kikomoon Member Posts: 358

oh Moth, I barely have words. Just tears. Wishing peace and love for you and your family. Thank you for being a part of our lives too

• sunshine99
    sunshine99 Member Posts: 2,723

Dear, sweet moth. Our hearts are breaking. I wish you every peace right now. There are no adequate words. You are loved!

Carol

• cookie54
    cookie54 Member Posts: 828

Moth, I'm sorry to hear this. I hope you feel all the love and appreciation everyone on this site has for you. I always admired your knowledge ,strength and determination that were conveyed through your posts. Thank you for all your endless support you gave to everyone here.

• sadiesservant
    sadiesservant Member Posts: 1,875

Oh Moth, I am so saddened by your news. I hoped with all my heart that things would turn around. You have been such a source of wisdom and levity despite the crap that we all face. I too wish you and your family peace and comfort. Sending a big virtual hug.

• lw422
    lw422 Member Posts: 1,414

Moth--I saw your post and had to respond. You were one of the first to help me through the first weeks of diagnosis with your kindness. Thank you so much for that; you were calming at a time when I most needed it. I will remember your kindness and your willingness to help, always. I wish this wasn't happening to you. This must be terribly hard news for you to share. Thinking of you at this difficult time, and wishing for strength for your family. Damn cancer to fucking hell.

To others in Mel's Living Room--I apologize for intruding here, though I feel like I know you all. I read this thread each time I come to the forum. Thanks for understanding; I just had to "speak" to Moth.

• micmel
    micmel Member Posts: 10,051

Moth~ you sweet woman. I want to hold your hand. I want to sit with you. I want to hear your words. You’re so strong and lovely. I want to go home to. When my time comes. You are loved here. I am Holding you tight

• micmel
    micmel Member Posts: 10,051

iw422. Li , Cookie and any other lurkers. Don't be lurkers. Come join our family. It helps me through so many days. Hugs to welcome you all. ..

• aram
    aram Member Posts: 320

Moth, I am really sorry. F this beast. F cancer...

• dutchiris
    dutchiris Member Posts: 783

Hugs Moth

• lw422

Mel--thanks for your graciousness; you're very kind. I don't have a lot to contribute but I do love reading. (By the way, it's "LW" but the stupid forum software doesn't display my nickname correctly.) Have a good evening.

• aprilgirl1
    aprilgirl1 Member Posts: 798

Moth, I am so sad to read your update. You have been so helpful to us in this stage IV reality and consistently shared hope, knowledge, incredible strength and a bit of sass that made me smile. Sending you and your family peace, love and prayers.

Mel and all, I am also a quiet supporter (edited out lurker, thank you emac877). Thank you for creating this beautiful, safe and cozy living room.

• emac877
    emac877 Member Posts: 688

I know the online term is lurking. I like to think of our quieter members as supportive listeners. I hope you feel welcome and when you feel like you have something to say it's always welcome here.

Moth - I don't really have adequate words. You were one of the first posters I encountered and I appreciated your posts as we share a love of the nursing profession, writing and science. I admire your blog and your online presence and advocacy for all of us living with MBC. I hope you are surrounded by things and the people you love that make you laugh. I wish you joy, peace and comfort during this time.

I will post more later. It's been a rough few weeks and I'm just processing. I'm well, just dark right now. Hugs to all of you. I'm "lurking" too so I can to keep up on everyone.

• cm2020
    cm2020 Member Posts: 530

I have been a very quiet supporter since I joined/was diagnosed in 2020 (I like how that was phrased--thank you). I have been both helped by Moth and followed her the entire time. She was also a member of another board and I "knew" her there too and was one of the people offering support when she was first diagnosed with BC. I haven't been posting since the board changes and during those changes I stopped (even though I am still signed up) receiving e-mail updates.

All of that to say, thank you for letting me pop into your living room to offer my love and sadness to Moth. Also to offer some gentle hugs to her and to all of you. Your support and love for each other is truly wonderful. I have no support in my real life but just reading your posts makes me feel much less alone.

I do hope Moth is able to come back and read all of the posts to her. All my love, hugs, and appreciation Moth.

Edit: during the board changes it messed up all my dates and possibly some info on my dx and treatment. I tried fixing it and it never "sticks" so I just left it.

• lw422

CM2020--My signature information was so messed up I finally was able to just delete it all. I am not Stage 4 so I hesitated to post here, but I did want to let Moth know how important she is to us.

• cookie54
    cookie54 Member Posts: 828

Mel Thanks for inviting us in to your living room! I am a new Stage IV as of June and just discovered your living room a couple weeks ago. Which I am so glad I did! I absolutely love the way you ladies interact, I can feel the love you have for one another, you are all incredible supporters. Honestly I wanted to join in but was trying to follow all your stories and didn't want to be intrusive.

This will not be the last time you here from me as I am trying to learn how to live with this stage . My emotions have been all over trying to make sense of it all. I am typically a strong positive person since i was diagnosed in 2016 and lately I'm finding it more challenging. This is the only place that people truly understand what this feels like. However sometimes it can be depressing with all the sad news of all these amazing women being taken by this dreadful disease!!!
    I will continue to try to find something positive in each day.

Also your original post when you opened your living room was so beautiful, brought tears to my eyes. You are a fabulous writer and have a talent in the way you express your feelings in writing.

Be well

Cookie

• candy-678
    candy-678 Member Posts: 4,167

Sorry to change topics, but this question came up while I posted on another Thread...

I am in the U.S. --- how do I get home Covid test kits? Back earlier in 2022, or late 2021, the Government offered 4 free home test kits to be sent to your home address. I got those. Never had to use them, and the expiration date is Jan 2023 (4 months from now). How do we get more? Can we get more? Do you buy them from your local pharmacy? Does Medicare pay for them?

Someone with Covid posted on another Thread about getting better and testing each day till they get a negative test.

Can we do that in the U.S.? Frequent testing. A friend from church said that she thought tests were $80 at the local pharmacy, for 1 test, and Medicare didn't cover it.